[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

explain this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: feminism.png (534KB, 1850x930px) Image search: [Google]
feminism.png
534KB, 1850x930px
explain this
>>
stats
>>
Your argument only works with Nidoran, which are only as they are due to the archaic Gen I systems.
>>
>>27987481
Yes
>>
>>27987481
autism cat doesn't deserve to take up an extra dex space
>>
>>27987481
>filename
Um.
>>
>>27987481
What about Alola forms?
>>
>>27987481
Gender differences were introduced in Gen IV
>>
Nidoran are the same species. If they were released today they would share the same spot. Because Gen 1 didn't have genders they needed to split them.

As for the others, they are technically different species. Plusle and Minum aren't even gender differences.
>>
>>27987553
Nidoking and Nidoqueen have different learnsets, as do nidorino and nidorina.
Onlu Nidoran could be argued to be the same.
>>
>>27987601
>Only Nidoran could be argued to be the same
And they're the only ones anybody is actually making the argument for.
>>
>>27987601
I don't remember saying Nidoking and Nidoqueen would be the same spot, just Nidoran.

Was I not specific enough in my post or are you retarded?
>>
>>27987545
/thread
>>
>>27987553

Illumise and Volbeat are the same species. Illumise can lay Volbeat eggs.
>>
There isn't one. Stop pretending there is. Not even in your delusional head. The pokeworld doesn't exist.
>>
>>27987481

Gender differences weren't introduced until Gen 4.

And Plusle and Minun are two closely related, but separate species. One produces positive energy, the other produces negative energy.
>>
>>27987481
A single stage split, two stages are different pokémon, and different pokémon when they don't evolve. It is really simple
>>
>>27987601
>different movesets
So do the cats in OP.
>>
>>27987703
>>27987765
Nidoran are the only ones who evolve twice I'll say this every thread
>>
>>27987937
Define "positive energy".
Define "negative energy".
>>
>>27987954
Positive and negative ions they should have said, it is how lightning works
>>
Interesting point. The Alola forms are no doubt going to make this completely pointless. They are all going to be counted as one pokemon, but it is already apparent they have different movesets.
>>
>>27987601
>>27987952
Don't queen and king also have different stats? Then again the real answer is still old limitations and the fact GF never fixes past stuff. In fact I hate the whole baby thing, they're supposed to make certain species have logical newborns but at the same time they can only be obtained with specific items to explain why gen 1 didn't have babies, so Kantonians have Snorlaxes making giant ass babies and shit.
>>
>>27987977
>baby forms for bunch of mons
>but they still don't fix the obvious issues like kangha which is born with... another baby in its pouch

Whatever gamefreak.
>>
>>27987977
You know, if that is their explanation, then why in the world do all gens past that act as if the babies always existed, and therefore there is no reason to act like something else was the result at any point in time.
>>
>>27987977

Yes, Nidoqueen and Nidoking have different stats.

Queen has higher defenses, while King has higher speed and offenses.
>>
>>27987856
Yeah and gardevior can lay elektross eggs. What's your point?
>>
>>27988034

Pokemon only produce eggs of the mother's species.

The fact that Illumise can produce Volbeat eggs, and Volbeat can produce Illumise eggs with a Ditto proves that they're just different genders of the same species.
>>
I like this type of discontinuity. It keeps the Pokémon world alive and real. There are many species in the world that look very alike but are miles apart genetically, and many species that are the same genetically but differ completely if male or female. Examples are the Peacocks and Alpacas and Llamas.
>>
>>27988088
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THEY WOULDN'T BE LISTED SEPARATELY IF THEY WEREN'T SEPARATE SPECIES! THE GAME IS LYING! THE DEX IS THE ONLY TRUTH!
>>
>>27987856
And a Skitty can lay Wailmer eggs. Does that make the Skitty and Wailmer lines the same species? In the Pokémon world, unless they're directly linked by evolution, Pokémon of different names are different species. Unless you have a source for me to look at?
>>
>>27988227
>Skitty can lay Wailmer eggs

You've been lied to, that's impossible.
>>
>>27987481
Do the pokemon on the right actually exist? Wtf?
>>
>>27988330
Espurr evolves into them
>>
>>27988330
>hownew.ru
>>
>>27988227
>>27988034
>I've never actually played the game and have no idea what I'm talking about
>>
>>27987481
Sexual dimorphism is incredibly uncommon in Pokemon, so it's a fairly safe guess that any two pokemon who look different are a separate species, though there are exceptions.
>>
>>27987954
Electronegativity and electropositivity
>>
>>27987971
>but it is already apparent they have different movesets.
What if they didn't?
>>
>>27988227
Skitty can only lay skitty eggs, wailmer can only lay wailmer eggs.
A skitty could father a wailmer and a wailmer could father a skitty, but fathers aren't the ones that lay the eggs
>>
>>27988616
It's also been implied they have different stats, or did you forget the part where Sandshrew/slash is outright said to be slower?
>>
>>27988747
>It's also been implied they have different stats
What if they have different stats but the same moves? What if Vulpix and Sandshrew can't even use ice type moves?
>>
>>27988773
Are you blind? Did you even see the vids? I'm dag certain they DID use Ice moves.
>>
>>27987954
Positive energy heals living creatures and harms undead.

Negative energy heals undead and harms everything else.
>>
File: 1457850651528.png (111KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
1457850651528.png
111KB, 300x333px
>>27987481
what the fuck is this retarded shit?
>>
>>27988790
Those were fakes just to give you hope. They're the same pokemon with new typing
>>
>>27988088
>Pokemon that should be the same species, just different sexes
Nidoran M/F
Tauros/Miltank
Illumise/Volbeat

>Pokemon that need a Tyrogue
Plusle/Minum
Solrock/Lunatone
>>
>>27988835
Then nothing is real. SM are not real. It was all a ruse. lolololololol
>>
File: BJlQ5Nt[1].png (844KB, 523x1027px) Image search: [Google]
BJlQ5Nt[1].png
844KB, 523x1027px
The series should do more Unfezant/Meowstic-styled sexual dimorphism.
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 800x571px
>>27989161
Agreed. While we're on the subject, I remember reading leaks saying Salandit would get gender split evolutions. Not saying it's true, but if it were, what would be the differences? I can't even imagine.
>>
>>27987481

Game Freak wants it that way.
>>
>>27988871
>Tauros/Miltank
this is not even remotely true
>>
>>27987545
>>27987553
delet this
>>
Nidoran M and F were before canon genders, but I agree, they should have been merged into one species, original dex count be damned, that said, they still have different stats, unlike the cats.

Plusle/Minun and Volbeat/Illumise are probably valid points because they were split for the sake of having version exclusives.

>>27988309
Male Skitty with Female Wailady
>>
>>27989161
Middle is a quail, which makes shit even weirder.
>>
I wonder if the evo line display is their way of reconciling the matter that they really should be compressed. (even though they're still separate entries) I guess we'd have to see the Nido line entry to find out, but we haven't yet. They fit all Eeveelutions onto a single screen, why not this?
>>
>>27987481
Gen 6 needed a gender gimmick. Blame them.
>>
>>27990842
Tauros are 100% male bovines
Miltank are 100% female bovines
Bouffalant are 50% male/female
Tauros appears in gen 1, Miltank in gen 2 (after male/female split)

Miltank and Tauros appear in horde battles together like Nidoran, and plusle/minun

They are clearly related, and making them male/female variants fits.
>>
>>27991097
Also, Tauros and Miltank are found in the same locations in every game they both appear in:
GSC:
Route 38, 39

Emerald:
Safari Zone

DPP:
Route 209, 210

BW:
Dream world pleasant forest

XY
Route 12

Wherever you find Miltank you also find Tauros
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.