[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, /vp/! I could really use some help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: s-l1600.jpg (255KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
255KB, 1000x1000px
What is the best way to acquire the GBA Pokemon games at a decent price?

I recently got a DS Lite from a friend and found out you can play GBA games on it.

So I wanted to start the series with the Red and Blue/Green remakes and go on from there.

I found some copies for sale on Amazon and Ebay, but some of them looked pretty shady and others were described as "Recreations" of the original.

Do Recreations count as original games? As in, if I were to trade pokemon from that copy, would I get banned in some form when I transfer them all the way to the newer games?

Is there a trustworthy site/person where I could buy these games from?

(Sorry if this is not the right place to ask for this, but I really wanted to see if anyone knows any info about it.)
>>
The Pokemon are legit, but good luck getting a gen 4 game from reading the save in the transfer process.
>>
>>27976243
oh i should also mention. the original GBA Pokemon games use 128K FLASH for the save data. but the cheap clone carts mostly use 64KB of battery backed SRAM, with patch roms to allow to boot. to work with the wrong save type.
>>
File: choose wisely.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
choose wisely.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>27976145
>not playing red/blue and getting that feeling of christmas morning back
>>
>>27976145
The only gen III game that is worth playing is Emerald. Don't waste your money on the others, OP.
Unless you're some kind of collector.
>>
I have FireRed, LeafGreen and Emerald and might be willing to sell them for a reasonable price. I live in Canada though so I don't wanna ship to like fucking Norway or something.
>>
File: 1468833779936.png (40KB, 202x216px) Image search: [Google]
1468833779936.png
40KB, 202x216px
With all this fake shit going around I don't regret buying a legit Emerald card for $35 at Gamestop years ago.
>>
Hijacking so knowledgable foos can see this:

Ive gotta go get my ruby card from my folk's house, but when I get it, how do I transfer my mons over to the platinum version I just got?
>>
>>27977383
You have to beat Platinum and use the Pal Park to transfer them. Only 6 Pokemon a day can be transferred though.
>>
>>27976145
Play them in emulator

Buy an R4.
Complete any DS game in it.

Grab save file from DS game and play in emulator. Transfer from Gen 3 to Gen 4.

Trade from R4 Gen 4 game with real Gen 4 game

???

Profit.
>>
>>27977383
As long as both carts are legit:
>Beat the champion at least once
>Get National Dex by seeing all pokemon in the Plat dex
>This unlocks Pal Park, go visit it.
>Put both games into DS or DS lite
>Select "Migrate From Ruby" on main menu
The rest should be obvious after that.
>>
>>27976145
If you want a complete gen 3 pokedex for whatever reason, all you need is:

>emerald
>leaf green
>colosseum/xd
>>
>>27976145
roms, and visual boy advance
>>
>>27977417
>>27977458
Ok gotcha. My main qualm was being able to do it in the same handheld, but you guys answered that, so thanks a lot.

Some cool fellas on this board.
>>
>>27976145
Unfortunately, the market is oversaturated with bootlegs of Gen 3 pokemon games, even Gen 4 and 5 games are falling victim to this. It's much too late to do anything about it at this point, so you could either try your luck or use emulation.
>>
File: HTB1ZzrzGpXXXXcjXXXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg (91KB, 649x567px) Image search: [Google]
HTB1ZzrzGpXXXXcjXXXXq6xXFXXXA.jpg
91KB, 649x567px
>>27976145
Honestly, Ebay is probably one of your best bets since you're able to see a picture of what you're getting as opposed to Amazon which doesn't require the seller to upload a picture (I've gotten fake copies of Sapphire and Fire Red from there before).
Always make sure the cartridges have a more shiny/glossy sticker on like pic related does if the seller provides images, or it'll probably be fake.
>>
>>27976243
>>27976411
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this, as I am new to all this, but I appreciate the help.

>>27976553
Unfortunately, I didn't grow up with any Pokemon game and never had a Game Boy. I know a friend who has Yellow, tho. Might ask him for that.

>>27976721
Right. One concern that I had is how do you get certain Gen 1 and 2 pokemon in a Gen 3 game. I know that Emerald has pokemon from previous gens, but does it have all of them? And what about legendaries like the three Gen 1 birds or MewTwo?

As for Emerald, something I never got was: is it just Ruby and Saphire combined, or do R&S have certain pokemon E doesn't, but E has more new features?

>>27976996
Well, I live in Europe, so unfortunately, nowhere near Canada... Thanks anyway, tho.

>>27977449
I did just finish FireRed on an emultaor on my phone, but I have no idea how to get that save on my DS. You can just copy the save file to a memory card and the game loads it, even if its emulated or how does it work? Do you have a tutorial I could follow? Thanks very much!

>>27977492
Not a complete pokedex (as at this point "Getting them all" seems like an impossible task to me), but I just want to bring certain favorites from previous gens all the way to XY.

>>27977785
Right. The shady part to me is when I see the same exact pictures and description on two or more different bidders. Is like, which one do I trust? Not to mention I saw reviews of people getting only 2 of the 5 games and others that got the normal game, just in a language they don't speak.
>>
buy them from Gamestop

Ruby and Sapphire are $19.99 each, should they be fakes, you are guaranteed to get your money back or legit ones.

good luck surfing through all the shit listings on ebay and craigslist, a lot of them want ridiculous prices for them
>>
>>27977929
>the same exact pictures and description on two or more different bidders
Assume they are all fake, especially if there's only one picture. Find offerings that have multiple shots from multiple angles of the cartridge.
>>
>>27977458
Did platinum still have the 6 a day limit? HGSS didn't.
>>
>>27977929
If you wanna caught 'em all in gen 3, you will need to buy 'em all.
but Emerald + either FR or LG will give something like 85% of the avaible pokemon at the time.
Also, Lugia and Ho-oh without events are only avaible in Colosseum and XD.
Emerald have an improved plot from RS, more features and lot of pokemon from previous gens.
>>
Something most of these anons have forgotten to mention is this: At this point, most RSE carts will have had their internal batteries run dry, meaning you have to replace them if you want clock-based events to occur.
>>
>>27977929
While it might be more expensive, it might be easier to try and buy the games separate or just something like Ruby + Sapphire or Fire Red + Leaf Green and Emerald on its own as opposed to buying all 5 of them bundled together.
Since you live in Europe it should be easier to find a legit copy since I've never seen a faked PAL cartridge before.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Game-Boy-Advance-Pokemon-5-Game-Bundle-FireRed-Sapphire-Leaf-Green-Ruby-Emerald-/122094658255?hash=item1c6d68a2cf:g:NpUAAOSw6n5Xttr5 seems legit but you can never be sure, especially for that price. PayPal should cover you for a refund if they turn out to be fakes.
>>
>>27978865
the only clock event in those games that matter is the eeveelution in RSE
and yet you can't get an Eevee in Hoenn
or if you want Snorunt so badly, it could be found in XD(like Espeon/Umbreon)
>>
>>27979172
Well, you can't grow berries either.

Don't the Terra and Marine caves in Emerald also rely on the clock too?
>>
>>27979382
no, those just spawn at random locations and aren't time based
>>
GameTZ

But the price of the games have skyrocketed since Pokemon Go came out, so good luck.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.