[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix VGC?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 2

File: consider the following.jpg (25KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
25KB, 600x451px
How would you fix VGC?
>>
>>27975721
Ban all legendaries
>>
Make it like Smogon.
>>
>>27975751
And nerf the mega evolutions.
>>27975721
Make it a single battle. No one likes double battles. No one.
>>
>>27975721
make verlis the president of vgc
>>
>>27975751
this and not 1 mega per battle
1 mega per 3 battles
>>
>>27975721
Take a Smogon-like approach to it.

Every year, ban the top ten most used pokemon from the last one, along with any previous bans. Unban everything at the start of a new gen.
>>
6v6 Singles like it should be.
You are absolutely insane if you think I'm going to watch boring ass doubles.
>>
>>27975721
By not having it.
>>
>>27975800
>>27976702
>singles
>not boring as fuck
>>
>>27975800
>nobody likes the superior battle mode
>>
>>27977013
>>27977053
If it was superior, you would do it more than 5 times during the game.
>>
>>27977013
Watching a fucking showderp match is more enjoyable than the snoozefest that is VGC.
>>
>>27977081
What the fuck are you even saying?
>>
VGC is perfectly fine when it follows regional or national dex rule, it only turns into shit when Legendaries become restricted instead of banned, which is every 3 years.
>>
>>27977138
I believe
>"if it's in game it's good"
is the idea of his post
>>
>>27975826
I was going to say make him a commentator but give him no actual influence. Just have a side stream where people can listen to him whine until they get bored of it.
>>
>>27975721
- 6v6 Singles metagame
- Limit of only 1 Pokemon with a BST of 580 or higher post-Mega (so for example, if you bring Pidgeot holding a Pidgeotite who's 579 after Mega Evolving, you can bring something with 580 or higher; but if you bring Charizard with Charizardite X who's 634 after Mega Evolving, you cannot)
- Item Clause
- PP Up must not have been used on entered Pokemon
- Pokemon set to Lv 50
- Mythical Pokemon are not permitted
- General box cover legends (and Deoxys) are not permitted
- Sleep Clause
- If the Pokemon set cannot be obtained pre-Gen VI, it is illegal (so a lot of Defog users that relied on Gen IV move tutors get booted)
- Baton Pass can only be on one Pokemon

I think this should be fair. That way, broken mons like Mega Blaziken come at a cost to teambuilding while still granting you that heavy hitter to pummel stall with. Putting everything to sleep and Baton Pass chains are also unhealthy for the 6v6 metagame.
>>
>>27977317
>broken mons like Mega Blaziken
Which is never used in VGC in the first palce
>>
File: wolfeyusedfakeout.webm (2MB, 668x642px) Image search: [Google]
wolfeyusedfakeout.webm
2MB, 668x642px
>>
>>27975721
vgc rules are fine

fix the pokemon
>>
>>27977379
Are you telling me Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Gengar aren't used in VGC? Or do you not understand what an example is?
>>
>Muh 6v6 singles
Yeah I love hazards and stall too.

Fuck off, doubles is great, once next gen comes out Groudon and friends will be back to being banned and VGC will be great again.
>>
>>27977463
Just pointed out that you gave a retarded example, calling a pretty underwhelming Pokemon "broken".

Not that surprising considering your retarded post, but still.
>>
>>27977317
>>27977463
You've obviously never played VGC.
mega gengar definitely isn't broken
>>
>all of these niggers saying 6v6 singles
have you people ever been to a real VGC tourney? that shit takes long even with flat doubles, and it's the only battle format that lets matches get done super quick, and alongside that the game's becoming more and more oriented towards doubles.
now 3v3 singles is something i could get behind though, and maybe 6v6 doubles. triples might be able to work too.
now as far as fixing VGC goes, the rules don't need changing except for banning those fucking primals, what needs to be fixed is the pokemon which hopefully sun/moon will do and make vgc great again
>>
>>27975721
Unban absolutely all pokemon.
There's no way to balance pokemon without changing almost every mechanic, so might as well make it a shitfest.
>>
>>27977504
>>27977553
You're missing the point. I set it in Singles, where it is broken, which is why I'm justifying its admission.
>>
>>27977393
PRANKED
R
A
N
K
E
D
>>
>>27977588
>that shit takes long
So battles are meant to be short and quick, as if they already weren't even with 6v6. This is exactly why VGC will always be boring and underwhelming.
>>
>>27975721
- 6v6 Doubles (arrangement can be changeduring preview)
- Limit of only 1 Pokemon with a BST of 580 or higher pre-Mega.
- Pokemon set to Lv 50
- Mythical Pokemon are not permitted (due to availability)
- legends are not permitted(most make a lot of pokemon useless because they just do everything better, but a blanket no legendary rule is less of a hassle)
>>
>>27977588
If you want it to be quick, just flip coins.

6v6 allows for more tactics and stability where moves like Heal Bell and Wish can actually get some benefit. Regenerator and hazards can actually be useful too.

3v3 leaves you too unprepared, and is a coin flip too, since you're not bringing whatever you actually prepared for every time. For example, on Battle Spot Belly Drum Azumarill and Contrary Serperior can pressure you to bring a counter that just gets plowed through by another setup sweeper like Mega Pinsir.
>>
>>27978042
I don't think you understand.
If it's any slower the tournaments become way to long. It's already as slow as it can be
>>
just make official singles ruleset and hope it isn't broken as fuck
>>
Doubles, etc. but only found in the Alolan Pokedex can be used.
>>
>>27978176
>Doubles, etc. but only found in the Alolan Pokedex can be used.
and enforce this rule until Gen 8
>>
>>27978129
They can't just trim it down by expanding it on the local level with a shorter invite pool to regionals? That way, there are less battles to get through.

Besides, they can just set it up like Flash Clash with how quickly players have to select moves.
>>
>>27977393
Oh fuck, didnt see that face while watching the streaming.
>>
>>27975721
No Megas no legends no pseudos no sleep. No matter how shit they are. Just a blanket ban. The simplest way to take out most of the cancer.
>>
Do smogon tiers

But
Aegislash is back in OU
>>
>>27978430
Only if Aegislash gets a nerf. Drop its Special Attack to 50 in Blade Form, and it's fine.
>>
>>27978360
15 seconds per turn to make your move is already too little time to think clearly and strategical.
The whole point behind the 6v6 singles supporters is that it needs to be more tactical, but then you propose to reduce the move selection time? please
>>
>>27977317
The idea is good, but the fact is that GF fucked so badly singles made it not an option
>>
>>27977393
Thanks for the webm, that moment was amazing.
>>
>>27978542
The two don't clash. You can make your moves quickly because you actually have more safety nets in the back. I don't have to hesitate about whether my opponent is going to set up with some scary sweeper or kill the mon I have out in front of it since I was actually afforded the team slot for a counter thanks to the singles format.
>>
>>27978403
No attacks other than metronome. That way the true talent can win!
>>
>>27975751

I don't even have the emotional energy to tell you how idiotic you are for suggesting the banning of Moltres. Can you faggots not say that?
>>
why do people think doubles is better than triples? more strategies are available in triples
>>
>>27977098
>Darkrai
>>
>>27978176
You realize that the "Regional Dex" rule will be in fact enforced next year right?

It was also the case for XY.

Then the year following that will be National Dex again, with most legendaries banned.

What we have now, with restricted legendaries, is an exception, not the norm.
>>
Ban box legends again, along with Smeargle.
Remove overall match timer. The current move choice timer is sufficient enough, and keeps the flow of the match the same regardless.

Problem solved.
>>
>>27979088
>Remove overall match timer.
Or simply ban time stalling.
>>
>>27979088
>>27979195
or shorten the match timer to 30 seconds
>>
>>27979227
That's retarded. matches can't be that short.
>>
>>27979332
sorry, meant move choice timer
>>
>>27979332
>30 minutes
>can't be that short

Legitimately what? How the hell does a Pokemon battle take longer than 30 minutes without cancerous fucking stall being involved?
>>
>>27979461
Did you read his post? he said 30 seconds.

>>27979372
Oh, that's alright, though the real problem is time stalling, reducing choice timer would only alleviate the problem, not fix it.
>>
>>27979195
I don't think you can ban a play style. Yeah it's scummy and shitty, but it's much, much less likely to happen if there's no overall match timer.

>No match timer
>Move Selection timer is 20 seconds

Let's face it. Justin would be world champ if both of his matches with Wolfe had an extra 30 seconds on the full match timer.
>>
>all these people saying 6v6 singles
you realize move animations and all that take much more time on 3ds than on your simulators right?
>>
>>27978830
Collateral damage, my man. It's not a perfect ban, but getting rid of those shitheap genies, le weather gods, and Hellfroge that you see at least one of in EVERY FUCKING GAME would be a godsend for team variety.
>>
>>27979746
>Mega Kang
>Amoonguss
>Talonflame
>Rotom-W
>Garchomp
>Mega Salamence

And then there are others like Gengar or Smeargle willing to fit the bill too.
>>
>>27975721
Less Poketuber faggots commenting
>>
>>27977317
This is a kids game. Do you think kids will understand some complicated ass nonsense involving base stat totals that aren't even viewable in game? The rules need to be straight forward because Nintendo doesn't want hundreds of kids crying because they cant play when they show up with a charizard and a garchomp.
>>
Why do Smogonfags feel the need to turn the superior meta into a carbon copy of theirs
>>
>>27975721
You wait for next year... As always. Are you one of those idiots that believes vgc has always been box-legends-galore?
>>
>>27975721
By introducing Smogon's tested-and-true tier system to it.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.