[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, what's the big deal with shops not wanting Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

File: CqZP6t6XYAAW93a.jpg (164KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CqZP6t6XYAAW93a.jpg
164KB, 900x1200px
Seriously, what's the big deal with shops not wanting Pokemon GO players? It's like they hate money or something.
>>
Because they walk in, get their Pokemon and leave.
Probably also bugging customers if the Pokemon is at a table or near a line.
>>
because pokemon go players dont actually buy things while they're there catching a weedle
>>
>>27975734
Except that's not how the game works.
>>
>>27975734
I don't know why someone would have to walk into a place to get a Pokemon.
>>
Imagine being the autist taking that picture when there is clearly someone trying to go outside.
>>
>>27975746
It's still annoying to have people enter without buying anything.
>>
File: 1454111998332.jpg (41KB, 309x309px) Image search: [Google]
1454111998332.jpg
41KB, 309x309px
>shops don't want overgrown manchild sickos playing Papua New Guinean cartoon games on their property
What's weird about that?
>>
>>27975746
That's exactly how the game works. They're trying to get close enough to catch a pokemon so they'll just go inside shops, looking down at their phone and not giving a fuck about anyone else around them, and then fuck off to another location.
>>
>>27975892
so what? that's their right
>>
>>27975658
I've never caught a pokemon indoors, what's it like?
>>
>>27975982
Yes, it's their right to act like fucking babies in public and it's the business owner's right to tell them to fuck off.
>>
>>27975982
And business owners have the right to exclude whoever they want from their private property. You'd be right to complain if this were happening in a public park or a taxpayer funded library or something.
>>
>>27975892
You don't actually have to go into a show to find Pokemon though. That's not how the game works. You don't have to be that close to a Pokemon.
>>
>>27976153
Sure. Just try to not accept minorities at your shop and goverment will close your shop and you will get fined.
>>
>>27976178
>pokemon's nearby
>walk around in circles trying to find it
>walk into a shop hoping to find it
That's exactly how the game works. I never said you had to be in the exact same spot as the pokemon to catch it.
>>
The thing I don't get is, it seems like every time I go out playing I hear people talk shit about Go, things to the effect of "Look, everyone around is just catching fucking Pokemon, why cant they just enjoy what they're doing?" Like nigga this IS what I'm doing.
Why do they give a fuck what other people are doing? I'm not blocking anyone's path, it's out in public, not this faggot's front lawn.

My guess is they're just hipsters that didn't get the game when it was in beta, and therefore have to hate it because they weren't the first ones they knew to have it.

Granted, I live in a very tourist-y town, so maybe they were just some tourists who don't realize that I see the shit they're here to see every fucking day anyway.
/rant
>>
>>27975774
people do that all the time.

It's called browsing, window shopping or 'shopping around'.
>>
>>27976246
this, big fed gets what it wants at the end of the day

>>27976075
you just sound fuckin salty bro

>>27976153
It's not about what's legal it's about what makes sense to fucking whine over, how much sales are they really losing because of people who, if you could even call them loiterers, loiter about for like 3 minutes, if that
>>
>>27976252
the game doesn't even work properly indoors most of the time.

GPS is really fucky indoors to the oint that your trainer character is just running around helplessly from one end of the store to another and nothing spawns - unless the place has free wi-fi.

in which case other people would be hanging around and not just go players.
>>
>>27976252
Why would you ever walk into a shop specifically to find a Pokemon though. Even if the pokemon was located in the shop you wouldn't have to be inside of it unless it was a very large place.
>>
>>27975737
Tell that to the genius that set up a hot food van right at a busy 3 lure spot in the city on every cold night since the game got popular. Nigga was raking in money like a pimp on valentines
>>
>>27976246

Is this serious? You can't exclude people on the basis of race. You can on the basis of whether they actually have the intention of conducting business in your establishment. You see the difference, right?
>>
>>27976351
>>27976357
>Why would you ever walk into a shop specifically to find a Pokemon though.
Ask the faggots who go into shops and are so annoying that shop owners have to put up signs telling them to fuck off.

>>27976332
>act like a complete twat on someone's property
>owner tells you to go away
>LOL WHY ARE YOU MAD BRO? IT'S JUST A GAME!!! I'M LMAOING AT YOUR LIFE GRANDPA!!!
>
>>
>>27976484
Shit that never happens No6482739.
>>
>>27976484
You seem upset
>>
>>27976420
a local burger place took advantage of the regular charmander and squirtle spawns by advertising the fact and constantly luring the nearby stop.
>>
>>27977034
I guess we should take your word for it, mister anonymous who is not one of the shop owners who put up those signs.

>>27977200
Checked. Here's a few (You)s for you, my fellow funnyposter.
(You) (You) (You) (You) (You)
>>
>>27976246
>it's a "racism and discrimination are the exact same thing" episode
>>
>Most customers are obsessed with their phones, browsing social media and playing Candy Crush Saga, instead of talking with each other
>They even play with their phones during a movie at the theaters
>"Hur hur! These damn kids with their Pokemon GO!"
>>
>>27977034

I've seen stuff like that happen quite frequently. Definitely an increase in loitering.
>>
>>27977375
>They even play with their phones during a movie at the theaters

And people get kicked out for that, thankfully. I've seen it multiple times. So what's the difference here? If a business doesn't want Go players around who aren't actually there to patronize the business, why shouldn't they ask them to stay out?
>>
>>27976484
you're so fuckin mad dude, like, it's not good for your blood pressure
>>
I purchased things from several cafes while playin pokemon go. It's really chill to sit down, put down a lure and grab a snack. I've seen others do the same.
>>
>>27977454
a sign asking people to not use their cellphones within the premises period would be less spergy and reactionary
>>
>>27976252
No. The range is quite large, i catch them from across the street
>>
Pokemon go helps people find places they wouldn't have known about otherwise. If your store has good pokemon in it, it's gonna attract potential customers and it's not a bad thing. Pokemon go is about discovery.
>>
>go there
>buy something
>whip out my new nintendo 3ds xl
>people gasp in horror
>i laugh as i slowly insert my copy of pokemon y
>the weak ones faints while the others struggle to stay conscious
>after a remach with the league as i pay the cashier who is crying with despair
>it was a pleasure eating here
>>
>>27977549
How dense are you to not understand that the pokemon's not inside the fucking shop and that people go in there hoping it's next to it and they can catch it without having to go all the way around? Jesus fucking Christ...
>>
>>27977549
yeah, the ring actually engulfs the entirety of the local Albertson's.

No need to enter at all.
>>
>>27975658

It's the same reason places make bathrooms for customers only. The business gets nothing for you just walking in, utilizing the facility, and then doing a 180 out the door.
>>
>>27975658
>Faggots approach business
>OH MY GOD THERE IT IS!!!
>DID YOU CATCH IT?
>OH FUCK, IT RAN AWAY
>Leave without buying anything

I hear this kind shit all the time. People are loud as fuck in groups.
>>
>>27977622
Calm your tits friendo, the fact that the range is so large means that going into the shop/cafe/whatever is barely helpful, so most people walk around the streets. Ive seriously never heard of people doing what you're saying
>>
>>27976283
If it's an actual store maybe that's fine. If it's a restaurant, it's annoying.
>>
>>27977579
Customers are people who sit down and pay. GO players just come in, sit down for 5 mins doing nothing, and leave. The cases where a business makes more money because people stay and buy stuff is rare.
>>
>>27977734
>Ive seriously never heard of people doing what you're saying
Shop owners seem to be experiencing it, but I guess you know more about what goes on in their shops than they do.
>>
>>27975658
Because all the normies quit playing the second the removed tracking. Only people left are fat weirdos and botters.
>>
>>27977840
>Because all the normies quit playing the second the removed tracking

It's been the exact opposite in my experience. The casual players didn't even notice a difference, while the more hard-core players were the ones who abandoned it. All of my friends who could be described as "normies" are still playing. The tracker just wasn't a feature that meant a lot to them.
>>
I knew that /vp/ hates Pokemon GO for being mainstream with casualfags but Jesus Christ!
>>
>>27977984
Go back to r.eddit faggot.
>>
>>27975658
Some people don't like the game so they hate on it.
Sound familair?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.