[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you typically name the protagonist in Pokemon games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (102KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 480x640px
What do you typically name the protagonist in Pokemon games?

Bonus: What do you typically name your rival?
>>
Since i am kinda normie, i do have friends. i always put my friend name as a rival and mine as the protagonist, He does the same. he puts his name as protagonist and me as the rival. we do it since DPP
>>
>>27967562
tumblr would love this pic. HIlda looks like the biggest tranny on earth
>>
>>27967562
Canon names.
>>
I name myself Brett.
I name my rival whatever but I usually pick Emo.
>>
First time through, my real name. Second time, canon name. Only exception was White with Hilbert. That name is terrible.

Rival is always canon name.
>>
>>27967710
>rival name
Holy shit you literally are underage

Alomomola
>>
Always cannon names.
>>
James
>>
>>27967687
>Canon
>Pokémon
>>
>>27967562
Unique and original names for every playthrough (except in Red). I honestly spend ages coming up with good names.
>>
Name myself using an anagram of my name that I use in nearly every game

I pick the default rival name I like best if there's a list
>>
File: 1458869582124.jpg (125KB, 520x490px) Image search: [Google]
1458869582124.jpg
125KB, 520x490px
It depends, but I often name them after whatever OCs I'm currently drawing. I favor Joy as a default name for my protagonist though.
>>
>>27967618
I've played with two friends in the past and we did a similar thing in FRLG where we each picked a different starter and named our rival after whoever had the starter ours was weak to
>>
Title of the game in all caps

RED
EMERALD
MOON
>>
>>27967562
Name of the game I'm playing.
Rival is named after the other game.
>>
>>27967562
It's starting to become Wulf. Wulfiue was a randomly generated first name on FFXIV that I really loved so everything after it has been getting some version of the name.

I don't really recall how I named rivals. Sometimes they were friends, other times they were people I hated.
>>
>>27968182
"White 2, what was Black 2 muttering about? His sister's purrloin?"
>>
I use cute girl names for myself even when playing RBY and GS

I always name my rival Alex because when I was like 12 during 3rd gen, a guy named Alex was always fucking up my ass with his latios at summer camp.
>>
I always have named myself Dogby after a dog I saw once
>>
>>27967562
My name, my nickname or a masculine version of my nickname (since there's no masculine version of my name)
>>
Lavir

Rival backwards
>>
>>27968244
>Name my character Wulf
>Name my rivals after my irl bullies
Autism.
>>
OG name for the main character

And animal names based on the appearance of the rival, for example:
Barry is Eagle
Hugh is Urchin
>>
main character is Sonic if male and Tails is female
Rival is Eggman
>>
>>27968401
I knew I'd get shit for Wulf. Ah well.
I was a dumb kid, what can I say? I wasn't the type to actually defend myself for shit.
>>
>>27968273
Wun and Tu, Chinese Immigrants.
>>
>>27968401
Rude
>>
My first name, and my rival I name DICKS (in all caps)
>>
>>27968588
Ah I gotcha, that's kinda cool
>>
>>27967562

use their canon names
>>
>>27967798

It's slang word for Official
>>
>>27967562
I always name the protagonist after myself (the best thing about gen 6 is I could finally write my full name) and if the rival name is a choice it's usually just something funny.
>>
File: X.png (212KB, 345x600px) Image search: [Google]
X.png
212KB, 345x600px
>>27968159
>"I hate my name"
>"What is your name?"
>"X"
>>
File: sugimori.jpg (154KB, 726x879px) Image search: [Google]
sugimori.jpg
154KB, 726x879px
After games, or at least resebmling them
Red & Blue
Gold & Silver
Ruben
Pearl & Damon
Alba
Wyatt & Blake
Yvonne
Selene
>>
>>27967562
I'm boring and name them their canon names.
>>
>>27967562
I usually give myself really odd names. I last named my female X protagonist TheJimboShow.

I give relatively game names to the rivals, sometimes named after my irl friends.
>>
Usually Lin. It's my generic self-insert name.

I might just name SM girl Chicken-chan because I love that name so much.
>>
>>27968401
When I first played Crystal version I named the female protag after my crush at the time. I was in Elementary school lel
>>
I usually name them like the game
R/S/E
Sophie
D/P/Pt
Diamond (I'm so original)
HG/SS
Gold
BW/BW2
Blair (BW) and Mei (BW2)
XY
Yuna
ORAS
Sophie again
>>
I'll usually use my real name, unless I can come up with a good game-related pun. I called Hilbert Blake & Rosa Whitney, Serena became Yvonne, etc.

I'm semi-seriously thinking of calling the SuMo male Sonny, since my wife is insisting on calling Chicken-chan Luna.
>>
I usually just do my name for the protagonist and then I come up with a hateable name for the rival like Seth or Keith
>>
>>27967562
I go by my real name for my first time as a boy, then I like to do similar things to my name for grills on reruns. Ie hilbert --> Hilda
>>
File: 402px-Kellyn.png (137KB, 402x599px) Image search: [Google]
402px-Kellyn.png
137KB, 402x599px
>>27968746
>"I hate my name"
>"What is your name?"
>"RANGER: SHADOWS OF ALMIA"
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 71x117px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 71x117px
>>27970663
Hate? That game was awesome as fuck!
>>
File: Childrens Drawing.jpg (155KB, 1079x721px) Image search: [Google]
Childrens Drawing.jpg
155KB, 1079x721px
Canon names only.

>Red
>Ethan/Lyra
>Brendan/May
>Lucas/Dawn
>Hilda/Hilbert
>Nate/Rosa
>Calem/Serena

""""""""""""Leaf"""""""""""" fags need not apply. Nor do weeaboos, or manga purists.

The only other accepted names, other than Canon ones, are if you name your character after yourself. Anything else is special snowflake shit.
>>
I use my own name for the player character, and the "canon" name for the Rival. Any other game that gives me a naming option and I go with the "canon" one, but I make an exception for Pokemon.
>>
>>27967679
That's because it's an edit/recolour of an old sugi drawing with red and green with charizard and pikachu in the background.
>>
>My name
>CUNT/DICKFACE/FUCKER/SHITHEAD/IM GAY
>>
>>27967562
I started giving mine names based off the game's title. Just seems to fit.
Black - Noire
Black 2 - Kuro
X - Xanthine
OR - Crimson
>>
>>27967562
My own name for player character
Canon names for rivals, Blue, Silver ect.
>>
>>27967562
I am male, so when playing a male protag (basically all games besides gen 5 and crystal) I use the nickname that most people call me.

When playing the females (those three are too hot can't help it) I call them Gertrud or Gudrun.

I usually name my rival some shit like buttboy or ven (Danish for friend. Usually used in a condescending way) or maybe Andy, Benjamin or other instantly annoying names.
>>
My own name

I have a variety of names I pick from when I play as the girl
>>
>>27967562
I always named my protagonists (and the pokemon) after the game, ending up with for example EMERALD (yeah big letters) as my trainers and my Sceptiles name. Exception was HeartGold where I named my protagonist HEART and my Typhlosion GOLD, b ut white and black 2 kinda fucked this up for me....

For my Rivals I sometimes take the opposite game's name or something else.

Idk if I'll stick to this in sun and moon
>>
>>27970815
>You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.
>>
>>27970831
If you add " - the hedgehog" to any of those names, you get autism-tier sonic OC names. Step your shit up, senpai
>>
>>27970762
>Hilbert
Lmao poor kid
>>
>>27971165
Yeah lmao I played as Hilda, fuck that
>>
RBY: Ash (I was 8 gimme a break)
Gold & Crystal: my actual name
Ruby & Emerald: Brendan
Platinum: Zorge
Black: Jack
Black 2: Palmer
X: Xavier
Sun: gonna go generic with Sol
>>
>>27967562
I used my real name, keep the canon rival name, and play it alongside a friend, who uses his own name. After every badge or important event, we'd have an impromptu rival battle using our ingame teams.

The last one we had, post-Delta Episode, ended with me doubling over in laughter because I won by getting 4 flinches in a row on his last pokemon.
>>
>>27967562
i normally go with a theme for naming things in the games. E.G when i was playing through emerald i went with the theme of breakfast; so i named the player Mik, i named my mudkip protein, ect ect.
>>
First playthrough, my name for the protag. Rivals name is either a friend, my brother, or just the Canon name.

Subsequent playthroughs I'll either do canon names, or named after the games (Red/Blue, Silver/Gold). Occasionally I'll do a naming scheme on a Nuzlocke and will include my character in it as well.
>>
>>27967562
I usually stick with the default names (Red, Brendan, Lucas, etc.). The exception being Black/White, because Hilbert sounds lame.
>>
>>27967562
Am I the only one that names the rival 'RIVAL' or 'Rival'?
>>
>>27967562
I just use my own name. I used to use a nickname Klayof some kind until I ditched it for in BW2. You can probably tell why I ditched it.

As for the Rival name I just use the default, unless it's Blue of which I call them Gary.
>>
>>27973081
yes
>>
>>27971079
It isn't my fault Sonic fucked up naming for everyone.
>>
What's a good name for the W1 protagonist? Hilbert is fucked
>>
>>27967562
Alex or Alexis depending on my character's gender.

Rival depends on the game, but I usually go for the default name. The exceptions are Gary in Kanto (because I'm not naming my rival after a fucking color) and ??? in Johto. He calls himself ??? in the text of GSC, so it's what I named the faggot—even in HGSS. I understand it's a placeholder, but fuck it.
>>
I have a nickname which I use in all games I play.
And I almost always give the rival my brother's nickname.
>>
CIA and Bane
>>
>>27968044
is that drawing yours? Looks great.
>>
>>27974770
Kek
>>
>>27967562
I either name it after myself or, if I am playing a girl I name her Ophelia. In my last games I just name them HERO
>>
>>27967562
>Protagonist
My name.
Since it's unisex I can use it for the male or female character.

>Rival
Default Name
>>
>>27967562
I name myself aryan and my rival "unter", short for "untermensch"
>>
Alex when I play as a boy, Mei when I play as a girl.
>>
>>27967562
Usually something childish and immature. For both.
>>
>>27967562
As a kid, I always named the player character after me. I also once named the girl that follows you around in Colosseum after one of my crushes. I always named the rival after the anime/official name, though.

Nowadays, I only go with official names, and usually play as the grill.
>>
>>27968746
Wouldn't it be worse on Y.
>I hate my name
>Why, what is your name?
>Y
>I want to know what's so bad about it, so what is it?
>Y
>Just tell what it is!
>Y
>Why are you being so immature I'm just asking what your name is.
>>
>>27967562
I'm very original so my in-game names were Red, Kris, May, Green (the girl), Dawn, Lyra, Hilbert, Rosa (and also Nate since I played both games), Serena and Brendan.

Rivals were Blue, Silver, Barry and Hugh.
>>
File: Smug Sheev.png (153KB, 369x465px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Sheev.png
153KB, 369x465px
>>27977124
>Green (the girl)
>>
I always name the player character after myself. Even when I pick the girl.
>>
Typically name them after myself but I'm gonna shake it up and try to think of some new names
>>
>>27967710
is your ace Alomomola?
>>
>>27967679
You are obsessed with a boogeyman, anon. Chill a bit.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.