[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you have a balanced competitive team with your favourite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: 1367906310763.jpg (18KB, 620x478px) Image search: [Google]
1367906310763.jpg
18KB, 620x478px
Can you have a balanced competitive team with your favourite mons?

I can't ;_;
>>
>>27966696
I have 6 pokemon I really like, but together the team is horrible, so I made 2 teams, in which 3 of the pokemon are my favourites, and 3 are pokemon I like less and are better. It's also a good thing some of my favourite pokemon are usable, like sableye, gliscor and lopunny, but everything has a use, even stuff like rampardos and carnivine.

TL;DR: just grab some, and make a team with those and pokemon you know are good and als like, just less.
>>
>>27966696
Yes. I begin with the favorite Pokemon being the core 2-3 mons and work my way out with some competitive guys to round it out. For instance, for X and Y I really wanted to work with Clawitzer, Roserade and Haxorus. After some amount of thought I allowed myself to indulge in Mega Scizor, Talonflame and Rotom-W to round out type effectiveness, and in Rotom's case, add bulk and status support to help Roserade do her thing. The team ended up pretty fun to play casually. Assault Vest Clawitzer was pretty solid to throw against most things and it was pretty fun imagining her as my Artillery canon softening enemy ground. Mega Scizor got his bulky sweeps late game and Haxorus's Expert Belt Poison Jab and unique HP evs allowed the occasional surprise on a Fairy type. Clawitzer and Scizor were even shiny so I was particularly attached to that team.
>>
>>27966696
what is your fav pokemon anon?
>>
Maybe, I've never really tried.
>>
File: 1470624339716.jpg (89KB, 540x375px) Image search: [Google]
1470624339716.jpg
89KB, 540x375px
Yup, Slowbro has been consistently good since Gen 1. There must be an inside man at Gamefreak who also likes him, since he gets new toys every gen (Slack Off, Regenerator, Mega).

And Hydreigon is just a good pokemon. It's highly underrated and should be OU. It does need an ability besides Levitate, though.

I predict both will be OU viable in Gen 7, which makes me very happy. I'll make the rest of the team as OP as possible to support them.
>>
File: 1471563093662.png (281KB, 770x1019px) Image search: [Google]
1471563093662.png
281KB, 770x1019px
Yeah, because 90% of my favourite pokemon are in OU, BL or UU. Feels good
>>
it's perfectly possible if you like pokemon based on their battling qualities and not on how they look.
>>
File: Unbenannt.png (57KB, 200x141px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt.png
57KB, 200x141px
>>27966696

>19xx elo here.
>>
>>27966696
>Gallade
>Weavile
>Ninetails
>Milotic
>Scolipede
>Noivern
What do competitivefags think?
>>
>>27967834
Nice taste and decent team, looks pretty solid all around imo. Maybe a bit frail, seems like the only real bulk of your team is milotic
>>
>>27967834
not even good in battlespot singles.
>>
>>27966696
>Gardevoir
>Metagross (non Mega)
>Breloom
>Azumarill
>Mawile
>Forretress
>Swampert
>Scizor
>Steelix
>Buneary
>Milotic
>Espeon
>etc
The majority of my favorite Pokemon are pretty viable in different metas honestly, I can't really make a good team made only of them though.
>>
a couple mons I like are viable, like Cloyster and Mamoswine, but

>Parasect
>Kingler
>Torterra
>Arbok
>fucking Mothim
>Magcargo
>Whiscash
>Victreebel

end this pain
>>
File: Poke Team My favorite Team.jpg (154KB, 673x752px) Image search: [Google]
Poke Team My favorite Team.jpg
154KB, 673x752px
>>27966696
Yes
>>
maybe not absolute favorites but certainly with ones that i like
>>
>>27966696
Yes why would you play if you don't even like your pokemon? didn't you learn anything in this game?
>>
>>27966696
I would get obliterated in PU.
>>
File: muh top 25.png (371KB, 821x777px) Image search: [Google]
muh top 25.png
371KB, 821x777px
>>27966696
can you build a team out of these 25 mons?
>>
>>27966696

Not even balanced, biased with psychic type.
Still win 80% of my battle.

>Soul dew latios
>Mega slow bro,
>haxachi,
>mixed meloettawhatthefuck,
>Uber tier Policy Aegislash
>Wall setup or/assist asshole Mewostic
= fuck you.
>>
>>27970858
>crobat
>espeon
>umbreon
>whimsicott
>chandelure
One

>Mew
>zygarde
>quagsire
>Krookodile
>roserade
>azumarill
two

>budew
>vanilite
>oddish
>goomy
>2 unevolved mons (preferably mienfoo and porygon/lickytung for support)
three

There, build them well and you can have moderate-good results with them. Be creative, try stuff and see what works. Sadly, there's no way you can make groudon work with any of them
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.