[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monotype Run!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: Arcanine Bitches.jpg (134KB, 890x897px) Image search: [Google]
Arcanine Bitches.jpg
134KB, 890x897px
Just wanted to share a new monotype run I've started (I'm'a be the very best gym leader there ever was).

Game: SacredGold
Type: Fire
Team:
>Charmeleon
>Quilava
>Slugma
>Houndour
>Numel

I'm open to critique/advice, but would also like to see y'all share any recent monotype runs you've done.

Already got five fire -types cause SacredGold's got mad pokemen all over the place (and an eevee + firestone I can turn into a flareon). Not sure who I should replace with what and when, though I know Arcanine's a boss. Numel's ugly as sin, but dat earthquake dough.
If you haven't played SacredGold, I should note that all Gym Leaders get six pokemon
>>
>>27966429
Are you fireanon from before in the old monotype thread? If so, it's nice to see you again.

I wish we had a regular monotype/unique challenge threads that weren't nuzlockes.
>>
>>27966639
Yes, I am! I'm trying to get this going again. Things have changed and I stupidly just copy-pasted the last thread.

Team is now:
>Charizard
(with Fly, Dragon Rage, Flamethrower, and Slash)
>Typhlosion
(with Solar Beam, Lava Plume and two useless abilities)
>Infernape
(Close Combat, Rock Smash, Flame Wheel, Ember)
>Houndoom
(Toxic, Bite, Ember, Howl) -- He's Terrible.
>Slugma
(Amnesia, Recover, Fire Blast, Ancient Power) Fucking worse than terrible.
>Camerupt
(Magnitude, Lava Plume, Headbutt, Amnesia)
>>
GEee! I want to do a fire type run in Pearl...
oh wait....
>>
>>27967155
What?
>>
>>27967049
I'm the anon that was/is doing the Fairy monotype in XY and eventually ORAS. It's been fun so far though I haven't even gotten the second badge yet.

>spent 3+ hours looking for a white flower flabebe and catching the rest of the colours(-blue bc I'm not there yet)
>>
>>27966429
Cool beans. I don't really do monotype runs but it might be fun to do one someday.

>>27967155
>>27967298
The joke is that D/P don't have many fire types.
>>
>>27968006
O-oh. I didn't play that shitty gen.
>>
>>27967971
Fairy Types. So... Azumarill, I'm assuming, is your Surfer.

You putting the Puffs and the Clefs on the team?
>>
>>27968190
Maybe just Clefs. I'm trying them all out though so you never know. And yes, Azumarill has to be my surfer (hoping Alola will at least give me another option though).
>>
>>27968331
Eh. Pikablu's alright.

What else is fairy?
>>
>>27968563
The ralts line, togekiss line, whimiscott, there's really only a few. Alola has almost added half of the already available ones.

I can't wait
>>
>>27968804
I'm not gonna get Alola. I didn't like XY's 3D animation. So, I'm limited to Gen 5!
>>
I want to do a pink run for X/AS and searching for ideas (are colour runs allowed in the thread?)
>>
>>27968878
Yeah sure, whynaut?

I'd say monospecies runs, too, as they're kinda funny. All Turtle Run.
>>
>>27968844
I actually hated the 3d too and than I got hooked on PokeMonAmie.

I'm a sucker for cute things.

Gen 5 is easier my favorite generation. And I never even got to play BW2!
>>
File: monotype-run.png (218KB, 778x1384px) Image search: [Google]
monotype-run.png
218KB, 778x1384px
Gotta try this too.
Let's let fate decide the type I use.
>>
>>27969498
So... steel? If I'm reading this right?
>>
>>27969816
ground.
1 to 9 for the last digit in the post and if the second to last digit is odd it's the type on the left.

my post number ended in 98 => 9 is an odd number, so I look at the right column, the last digit was 8, which gave me the 8th line and the type Ground.
>>
File: mono.png (223KB, 844x1370px) Image search: [Google]
mono.png
223KB, 844x1370px
>>27969498
>>27969816
is this more comprehensible?
>>
>>27971003
Yeah.
>>
>>27968006
D/P also didn't have Alomomola
>>
>>27970586
So... starter Cubone probably makes the most sense as somebody's cute/little starter pokemon.

Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Garchomp/Flygon, Swampert/Seismitoad, Steelix, Camerupt?
>>
>>27971355
yup, you got me, I chose Cubone as starter.
For the rest of the team I'll see what I find on the way. Probably one of the Nidos and Gliscor
I'm playing StormSilver btw. the same hack as OP, just for the SoulSilver version.
>>
File: Y Dark Monotype.png (13KB, 384x192px) Image search: [Google]
Y Dark Monotype.png
13KB, 384x192px
Currently doing a Dark-type monotype of Y. My team so far is as pic related, probably going to catch a Sneasel since I'm at Frost Cavern and use a Mega Stone on Absol once I have it, but I'm unsure what to use for my sixth party member. Suggestions are all welcome.
>>
>>27971879
Crap, I forgot to edit Pawniard's moveset.

It's Metal Claw, Power-Up Punch, Assurance, and Iron Defense.
>>
>>27971667
Never been a fan of Gliscor. He's too silly-looking.
>>
>>27971879
Why Absol?
>>
>>27967049
>trying to use physical houndoom
Well, there's your problem.
>>
>>27972728
He hasn't learned shit. Lol. What am I supposed to do?
>>
>>27972613
It's a Dark type, it's an early catch, and it's one of the few that the monotype permits that has the potential to mega-evolve. Tyranitar's mega stone and Houndoom itself are both X exclusives, and Gyarados doesn't count for a Dark-type monotype run so it's my only option. It's definitely the biggest powerhouse on my team so far (although I suspect it to be overtaken once Pawniard and Deino evolve) and I love her to pieces.

Also, for anyone wondering, the Deino was traded in as soon as I could access a PC for Pokebank since I couldn't catch any Dark-types prior to the first gym. I thought it was fair decision.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.