[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Again Is Everyone Mad About Ash Losing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (33KB, 320x317px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 320x317px
He never was the "model trainer". Instead of catching, he befriends legendaries, he dumps his Pokemon when he moves from region to region, he jumps off cliffs to save his Pokemon when he could just call them back with a pokeball, and in the Univa league which was just last generation, he had the advantage 6 to 5 if I remember correctly when watching it online. He had a Pikachu and was fighting a Samurott but he never used a single electric move
>>
>>27962089
>Alain
>Model trainer
>Only saw him use a Pokemon besides Xard once before the final match
>Does literally everything else with Charizard
>Is member of a criminal organization
K
>>
File: 1405746370866.png (57KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1405746370866.png
57KB, 625x626px
I'll take the bait.

It's not really the fact THAT he lost, but rather HOW he lost. As far as XY is concerned, he literally did everything right. He had a team of fully evolved mons bar pikachu, who actually showed off his old sinnoh prowess and took out TWO psuedos. He mastered a whole new ability which put him on even ground with all the megas flying around, and he actually had some damn strategy in his battles.

It came down to the very wire, complete with the anime powerup clash of titans. yet when the smoke clears, despite all that, he gets handed a L for his efforts when by all means, Zard should have gotten BTFO.

If you ask me, that's a pretty damning loss, and it practically screams out "this kid will never win a league ever". Like, literally what else is he supposed to do? Why was it so hard for the writers to give him the W, and have him simply get bodied by an actually trying Diantha?

Yeah yeah, salty, tears, btfo, cucked, memes, baited, etc. Lap it up
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
>>27962165
Sounds like a good trainer to me!
>>
>>27962089
>Why Again Is Everyone Mad About Ash Losing?
Because seeing the protagonist lose just before his goal is obtained once is new and surprising.

Seeing it happen 6 times over the course of 20 years is dumb and infuriating.

Why would anyone continue watching a show about a character who will never even beat a pokemon league, let alone become a master who's caught them all.
>>
>>27962189
Honestly, this guy got it 100% right. Hell even if he lost through some bullshit with Zygarde maybe putting him and Greninja out of sync or anything like that it would have been less damning than Megazard being even more shilled. We get it Charizard X is cool looking (To some) but what about Charizard Y? When will he get a turn at the spotlight for ANYTHING.

Even if Greninja has become Kalos' charizard and even got his special snowflake form at the very least have it be for a reason and give Ash a win in the league.

Honestly I was enjoying the entire XY series it was a step-up over the usual pokemon stuff and I was actually happy to suggest this to some people who want some mindless fun but the episode of him losing the league is actually enough to ruin the series for me, it's all this build up for not even a splash at the end. Hell they forgot to fill the pool for the finale to begin with.
>>
>>27962089
It's just hilarious how Greninja lost to a move that he dodged earlier in the match. On top of that, the move is from the ground and Greninja always jumps around like a retard in almost all of his fights.
>>
>using cut
>>
OP just say it like this
>I didn't watch XY
>>
>>27962089
There was no buildup to Ash losing, against Tobias pikachu was fighting for his life thunder bolting the latios in mid air, here, greninja got a whole new attack, shot it against a more weakened charizard and it did nothing, dying to a single blast burn. it felt like greninja lost just because he had to instead of losing outright.
>>
>>27962165
>spams dragonclaw
>>
>>27962089
Careful, aliantards are going to troll you.
>>
>>27962888
All things considered, Ailan's Xzard and Tobias's Darkrai are completely interchangeable due to how disgustingly OP they are
>>
>>27962259
Not only that he stole the win that we are hyped about but i think black megarzard seemed to have a bad reputation to the majority of the fanbase when they see his megazard x
>>
>>27962189
This, plus all the advertising were pointing to him winning, the giant shuriken, the episode's name, the fact that Ash didn't beat Alan one time. And speaking of him, despite his build up, Alan is not really popular among the people that watched the anime
But hey we still have the Zygarde arc, maybe there will be a rematch, even if it's unnofficial. And pretty sure we'll have some Alan redemption drama
>>
>>27963289
Your right! The xyz isn't over yet! Who knows what might happen in the next movie and three episodes. Where are we right know?
>>
File: 1430348249652.jpg (8KB, 412x314px) Image search: [Google]
1430348249652.jpg
8KB, 412x314px
It was just simply bad writing.

You create all this build up, all this excitement because Ash is close to doing something we've all wanted him to do, win. Ash is proving himself that he's a competent trainer after these 20 years and even acquiring a new form of evolution.

And when Ash finally get near the end, he just loses. Just like that. It wasn't even an epic fight or anything. It felt like the writers just wanted him to lose against some guy who didn't even want to win.
>>
>>27962165
> member of a criminal organization
What happened? Not going to see the anime for this.
>>
>>27962189
>did everything right
>used some hideous asspull synchro shit that no one's ever had before
I'm glad he lost. Every time I saw that I fucking synchro scene I wanted to drop this fucking show. Why they can't have Ash win properly is beyond me.
>>
File: c3e.png (592KB, 469x542px) Image search: [Google]
c3e.png
592KB, 469x542px
>>27963048
>>
>>27965239
He's a member of Team Flare and personally helped the scientists in capturing Zygarde, the same one that is currently destroying Lumiose City. Next episode the scientist will knock Ash out and capture him under Alan's eyes and he won't do jackshit to stop them.
>>
>>27963424
Wait, XYZ will keep going until the release of Sun/Moon anime when the game are released right ? I'm not used to the transition between two generations in the anime but, there is more than just 3 episodes left
>>
>>27962165
>>27965332
You are pathetic, /padt/.
>>
>>27965274
>asspull synchro
>this is somehow bad when everyone else gets megas
Can you be more retarded?
>>
File: charizard-sad.jpg (149KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
charizard-sad.jpg
149KB, 640x480px
>>27965439
If only Ash owned a Pokemon with the potential to Mega evolve...
>>
>>27965439
>everyone gets megas
Yes? Megas are an established thing, but special snowflake Ash gets a super unique synchro form for some reason.
>>
>>27965513
The problem with that being? Even if its an established thing, its still given to special snowflakes. Just look at charizard: The only pokemon to get two mega evolutions that isn't a legendary.
>>
>>27965513
>upset that main character of anime gets a special ability that no one else has
What the fuck???
>>
File: 1471699776487.png (205KB, 311x480px) Image search: [Google]
1471699776487.png
205KB, 311x480px
>>27965874
He's got a point.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.