[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For what do X and Y stand for as the game's names?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Or were they just running out of ideas? Is it just the shape of the legendaries?
>>
Xerneas and Yvetal?
>>
chromosomes
>>
>>27960613
Do you really think that the lengendary's names came first?

>>27960618
Is anything in the game about chromosomes? Did I miss or forget something?
>>
>>27960607
Dimensions
As in X axis, Y axis and Z axiaxis
>>
According to interviews, points of intersection or meeting on a graph

Probably because of the whole connectivity aspect of Pokemon on the whole with the big improvements made to it being XY's greatest strength
>>
>>27960637
>>27960638

Makes sense. Anyway, what do the lengendary's powers (life / destruction) have to do with coordinates on axis? For me the whole theme is kind of misplaced.
>>
>>27960712
What does the legendary's power have to do with gold, silver, ruby, sapphire, diamond, pearl, black, white?
>>
>>27960745
The unova legendaries represent yin/yang, so it fits black and white.

Agreed that it's not a pattern though
>>
So it's just their physical appearance.

Former Gens: Color
Gen 6: Shape
>>
>>27960712
The whole life and death thing don't really play in unless you do gymnastics and think of how the two intersect

Though the legends themselves have Yveltal in the sky for the Y-axis and Xerneas on the ground for the X-axis
>>
X, Y, and Z on a graph. Like in 3 dimensions.
>>
X, Y and Z are coordinates of width, height and depth, which goes together with the fact that these were the first 3D games
>>
>>27960745
Diamond = time travelling Diamond
Pearl = from the sea, hence water/dragon
Black and white = Yin Yang
Others is just fitting colors
>>
>>27961217
That diamond and pearl explanation is retarded.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.