[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE TAG..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 12

File: 1471770282673s.jpg (7KB, 250x155px) Image search: [Google]
1471770282673s.jpg
7KB, 250x155px
Let me get this straight with a clean opinionated discussion.

It has a tag, so It's a stuffed animal. But it's a living creature.. therefore its a moving stuffed animal, but it's not a ghost type.

Oh it's just BASED on a stuffed animal? Then why does a living creature have a tag. Like literally, why does a living creature (objectmon or not) have an item on it that humans put on stuffed animals. Stuffed animals that were made years after this animal came about. Why would nature evolve to put a random tag on a living creature.

Even vanillite isn't this random. They say people in the Pkmn Universe based Ice Cream off of what vanillite looks like.
>>
>>27959674
That's its penis.
>>
>>27959690
Oh it all makes sense now.
>>
>>27959690
>t. someone who has never seen a penis
it doesn't look anything like any penis i have ever seen.
i fucking dare you to find me a link to an image of a penis that looks anything like that. go ahead, i'll wait.
>>
>>27959732
And I've never seen a mammal with completely flat feet and no toes or toe bones. Go find me one.
>>
>>27959741
Horse
>>
>>27959757
They have toe bones. The hoof is a nail of the toes.

Horses also have flat topped dicks which taste vaguely grasslike.
>>
>>27959674
You're bugged by this, but not shit like Elekid having plug ears? I don't think that was given the same excuse as Vanillite either.

I know it's kind of odd, but in a way it was kind of clever too.
>>
>Stufful has a strange composition of fur that looks like a tag, a part of its white fur that never fell off, so people mistake it with a plushie and hug it
Is that enough for you? Just made it up.
>>
File: 1465731171891.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465731171891.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>27959795
>which taste vaguely grasslike
>>
File: 1470941560286.gif (6KB, 392x374px) Image search: [Google]
1470941560286.gif
6KB, 392x374px
>>27959830
Good explanation, anon. I like it.
>>
A LIVING CREATURE WITH A COIN GLUED ON THE TOP OF HIS HEAD WHaT the hELL JOHN GAMEFREAK, HOW THE HELL COULD JOE CONFIRM THIS NONSENSE.
POM A PEDO.
>>
>>27959806

Or many Pokemon having clothes.
>>
>>27959732
Someone didn't get the joke.
>>
File: 1452734067875.png (309KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
1452734067875.png
309KB, 480x800px
>>27959795
>>
If you wait for the official site to update with stufful then it will probably mention what the tag is for
>>
>>27960040
>lmfao it's between its legs! that makes it a penis XD
What joke?
>>
>>27960185
http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/stufful/
Doesn't even mention it.
>>
File: images (12).jpg (7KB, 253x136px) Image search: [Google]
images (12).jpg
7KB, 253x136px
This dude has a pair of magnets and three screws, why does a tag seem weird!
>>
>>27960236
I mean, I get the idea od it being mistaken for a stuffed animal, and otherwise like the design, But I get the idea its a stuffed animal from the name alone, and the just had to place the tag directly on its ass, which looks stupid since it already has a tail.
>>
>>27959878
Yeah I'd like to see vines that look anything like Sawk and Throh's belts
>>
Isn't it obvious?
It evolved the tag so people know how to wash it correctly.
>>
>>27959674
I love how people are giving this a pass but are angry at the sandcastles. THIS is what I call a shitty design, because the tag is completely illogical. The sandcastles are at least Ghost-types. They have logic to them, even if it isn't real-world logic.
>>
>>27960330
Ghosts are a real world thing Anon
>>
>>27959674
>Why would nature evolve to put a random tag on a living creature.
Yes, I am unfamiliar with this "pokemon" thing as well
>>
>>27960335
Pfft.
Next you're gonna say skeletons are real too.
>>
>>27960335
That depends on who you ask, but I specifically meant ghosts which possess sandcastles and make them into monsters.
>>
>>27959830
that's actually really good...
I could see this
>>
>>27959830
But it's not canon so it doesn't count as a valid explanation and GameFreak aren't that clever.
>>
>>27960335
really?
next you are gonna say there's a white hand behind my shou
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
>>27960348
They're real anon
>>
>>27960356
>That depends on who you ask
It actually doesn't. Things exist or not regardless of people's opinion.
>>
>>27960422
2spooky4boogie
>>
>>27960423
>he thinks he can prove without a shadow of a doubt that ghosts are really real
top kek faggot
>>>/x/
>>
>>27960423
is God real Anon?
>>
File: 0ba.jpg (8KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
0ba.jpg
8KB, 500x441px
>>27960422
JESUS FUCK
MODS
>>
>>27960423
So if you try arguing that you aren't a raging homosexual, it doesn't matter because the fact is that you are a raging homosexual no matter what you may think, correct?
>>
>>27960267
I read somewhere that people make those gis and belts for them and leave them in the forest for them to find.
>>
>>27959806
But at least it's a design thing. We don't know that plugs look like that in the Pokemon world, and we don't plug Elekid into a fucking power outlet. It's more of a coincidental design. This isn't.
>>
>>27960463
Congratulations, you just called yourself a raging homosexual!
>>
>>27960348
Anon... Don't freak out, but apparently there is a skeleton inside you. There's one inside me too. He is a massive asshole though.
>>
>>27960445
God as a concept, or as a being? and which depiction of God?
That question is broader than yo mama's heart
>>
>>27960423
I love how people are arguing against you. It's like Neil DeGrasse Tyson says.

"A fact is true whether you believe it or not."
>>
>>27960511
>implying what was said doesn't mean that everyone in this thread is a raging homosexual
Nigga, learn to read.
>>
>>27960551
>implying what I said excluded everyone else from being a raging homosexual
Ditto
>>
>>27960544
>still implying that ghosts are real beyond reasonable doubt
Goddamn, you are a a fucking retard anon.

Go back to /x/ or provide proof of your mental retardation.
>>
>>27960565
>le strawman fallacy
>>
>>27960564
>implying what you said was worth saying if you weren't singling me out because you thought it was somehow funny that I had implicated myself as opposed to implicating everyone, but because it implicated everyone, it wasn't worth singling anyone out because everyone was implicated, therefore not actually making it funny
Way to backtrack and miss the point, faggot.
>>
>>27960573
>I don't have proof of my argument so I'll say his argument that I lack proof is a straw man argument!
Good job failing at arguments 101 you fucking retard.
>>
>>27960565
I never said ghosts are real. But they very well could be. Aliens are definitely real though. There is no fucking way life on earth is the only life in the universe.

I don't mean like movie aliens in space ships I just mean life on other planets. Hopefully we get to see a fee before I die.
>>
>>27960592
You're attacking a statement I never made, therefore you're making a strawman, it's not hard to understand.
You're failing at reading 101, moron.
>>
>>27959674
it's based on a stuffed animal, clearly.

think about it anon, if people are so afraid of it's evolution, how is it going to prosper (via getting caught, whole different can of worms, I can discuss that one later)

I say it's pre-volution changed, because these traits of cuteness were the ones that made trainers let their guard down and catch them for their teams, despite evolving into Bewear.

it's Possible Bewear itself only looks like it does because of the evolution conscious trait of being cute so it /could/ be caught. and trained, and bred.

there are pokemon that evolve alongside, or aware of humans, Pidove is one such example.
>>
>>27960595
Talking in absolute fact without proof.
>>
>>27960595
I never brought aliens into this conversation, though I agree that the likelihood of aliens existing is high.

But since you're backing up the morons implying that ghosts are real beyond a shadow of a doubt, you may as well just say ghosts are real.

My point is that people are saying ghosts are real, fact, and whether or not you believe in them is simply opinion. But actually, it has never been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that ghosts do indeed exist. Yes, there is anecdotal evidence, but no solid, foolproof evidence.

So unless someone provides some concrete evidence: ghosts aren't (necessarily) real, so saying that they exist depending on who you ask is technically the correct answer.

>>27960617
Except that I've said many times that it was implied, not that you outright made that statement. Read what you wrote - you imply that ghosts are real when you try to shut down my argument that "it depends on who you ask".

If you weren't talking specifically about ghosts, as I was, then you would need to have qualified that you were encompassing a broader spectrum in your rebuttal, but considering that you failed to do that, it can only be reasonably assumed that you were still referring to ghosts, thus implying that they exist factually (or perhaps that they don't exist factually, but regardless, the point I'm making is that we don't have concrete evidence to say definitively either way, but we most certainly do not have sufficient evidence to prove that they are real).

Happy, now that I've answered all your burning questions? Good. Now shut up and deal with the fact that you fucked up your original reply.
>>
>>27960595
>Aliens are definitely real though. There is no fucking way life on earth is the only life in the universe.

Nice proof

I believe that there is other life as well, but I recognise that it's nothing more than that, a belief. I'd never say "This is defiantly true" because that's fucking retarded.
>>
Look at us. What started off as a questionable design chioce thread evolved into a thread where people argue about aliens 'n shit

Mama would be so proud
>>
>>27960565
>>27960573
>>27960592
>>27960595
>>27960617
>>27960628
>>27960655
>>27960660
>>27960682

Ghost guy here.
None of this people is me, you guys look like retards.

Also, "Ghosts are a real world thing" =/= "Ghosts exist". Think about it.
>>
>>27959674
You are terminally autistic. I suggest you live out the rest of your days in a hospice far away from anyone else.
>>
>>27960655
Found the aspie
>>
Maybe it was from a pet store.
>>
>>27959795
I'll have you know I sucked some horse dick back in my day and it does not taste grasslike, you are full of shit my good sir. They taste musky and slightly like piss.
>>
>>27960660
not that guy, but consider the vastness of our known universe and tell me it's impossible for one other planet to be in a setup to support life.

yes, Aliens in terms of beings living on another planet would most definitely exist, but given the scale of time it took for us to evolve, these beings could still be fucking proto-plasmic ooze for all we know, conversely, they could be several million years ahead of us in their evolution.

the thing that's less likely is them literally being the classical depictions of 'AyyLmaos' that we're used to.
>>
>>27960260
Congratulations, you're smarter than probably 80% of /vp/ then. I think the tag is too much too, but judging from the ton of people that only understood the line's theme after they saw Stufful's tag, it was apparently really needed.
>>
>>27959674
This is the shit that went through every logical thinker's head, OP.

People that say shit like "it's just a design choice" are dumb as bricks. This "design choice" contradicts everything they have done in the past of a similar manner.
>>
>>27959674
Because it was designed by humans (Game Freak) to resemble a plush animal. Despite what you may think, Jason, Pokemon don't exist in real life.

Animals can have tags. You could just say it's a skin flap. Or fur. Whatever.
>>
>>27961061
>contradicts everything they have done in the past of a similar manner
What did he mean by this.

>>27961048
>you're smart because you agree with ME
Looking good, Narcissus.
>>
>>27961079
>What did he mean by this.
It means reading comprehension, anon.
>>
>>27959674
It's a fucking Pokemon. Stop asking so many questions when 100+ lb fire-breathing lizards can fly.
>>
>>27961079
It means that even though they have done similar things in the past, this "tag" is different in the sense that it does not follow the same logic as any of the other similar instances.

>>27961136
t. retard
>>
>>27961145
Provide examples, please.

>>27961098
>contradicts everything
>everything
>of a similar manner
I can read, dipshit. Doesn't mean anon wasn't vague as fuck.
>>
>>27961194
We're talking about random, foreign things attached to a pokemon, you following? For instance, the magnets on Magnemite. Those are literal magnets. The electrical prongs on Elekid, that is how he generates electricity. Kadabra's Spoon- that is how he practices psychic abilities. Mimikyu's cloth - he's pretending to be a Pikachu. There are many examples and I could have picked better ones if I actually cared enough to look into them.

This tag serves no purpose. Nowhere in the description does it talk about pretending to be a plushie, it doesn't do that. In fact it hates getting hugged, and it gets plenty of protection from its parents. There is no logical reason for that tag. Pokemon evolve in ways that help them, as stated by many dex entries. This tag does not help him in any way. It is a retarded design choice that contradicts every other similar design choice.
>>
>>27961061
And how exactly does it contradict everything? It's fur/some random appendage that resembles something we have in real life and fits the theme of the line.
In regards to fur/appendages taking the form of random accessories we have already things like Sylveon or Delibird. Delphox's fur resembles clothing, as do a lot of fighting pokemon outer appearances. We already have living and technically inanimate objects that aren't ghosts too with Magnemite, Nosepass or Chimeco. Meowth, that's supposed to fit the maneki neko theme, also comes with the well-known coin but stuck to its forehead.
Stufful isn't really doing anything different, aside from maybe being too obvious with what it was trying to convey through the tag.
GF can easily come up with an excuse, like they did with Vanillite, too. In the end people either forged plushies after Stufful or Stufful decided to imitate plushies to get away from predators. It might actually be in its in-game pokedex entry and they didn't want to spoil it on the site.
>>
>>27960501
We don't know what tags look like in the Pokemon universe either, following your logic.
>>
>>27961331
See >>27961302
There is a reason why every other pokemon has one of those things. There is no reason for this thing to have a tag. It would state in the entry if it pretended to be a plushie, and everything in the dex entry is against that idea. It has no reason to need to do that.
>>
>>27959732
>it doesn't look anything like any penis i have ever seen.
You'd know about that
>>
File: bewear.png (46KB, 287x300px) Image search: [Google]
bewear.png
46KB, 287x300px
It's a teddy bear/punching bag pokemon. You're supposed to hate it.
>>
>>27961145
>calling me a retard
Okay faggot if the tag to match it's design's inspiration is so fucking unbelievable why do magnemite's magnets have positive/negative identifiers on them?
>>
>>27961357
Can you wait with your complaining till the actual game dex entry doesn't mention it either? Then you can complain that GF are lazy cunts that think kids of today are braindead.
Also Meowth's stupid coin forehead doesn't have a reason behind it either. Aside from shining after it has already seen a coin it has literally no other purpose, or is turning it into a living lighthouse for no canon wise known reason okay to you?
>>
>Even vanillite isn't this random.
You say that, but Vanilluxe has a fucking straw sticking out of its goddamned head.
Vanillish isn't random. Vanilluxe is the complaint.
>>
File: 58060364.png (92KB, 597x505px) Image search: [Google]
58060364.png
92KB, 597x505px
>>27961483
It's a mascot, retard. You're supposed to feel unnerved by it.
>>
File: 4y5lf.gif (1MB, 360x202px) Image search: [Google]
4y5lf.gif
1MB, 360x202px
>>27961302
Cool. Now allow me:
Jynx's bra and dress (you could argue these are for seduction purposes, I understand)
Poliwrath's gloves
Hitmonchan's gloves and tunic
Togepi's eggshell
Tangela's shoes
Primeape's cuffs
Slowking's collar
Snubbull and Granbull's collars
Misdreavus' necklace
Wobuffet's lipstick
Delibird's button
Houndoom's collar
Tyrogue's tape, pants, and shoes
Smeargle's beret

None of these things serve any sort of purpose and resemble manmade features (not Togepi's shell, but that was getting more at the point of why the fuck does it carry its shell around with it, the answer being for purposes of design).

Most of these parallel the Stuffel's tag--which is physically part of Stuffel but resembles a manmade thing--much better than your examples. In fact, Elekid and Magnemite are the only relevant examples you included, as Kadabra's spoon and Mimikyu's cloth are not a part of the Pokemon. I decided to keep this to Gen I and II to make it easy for you.
>>
>>27960974
>good sir
Ruined it
>>
>>27959732
>using the t. meme
>>
>>27959674
All Stufful are controlled populations that are tagged for tracking purposes because they're temperamental and are prone to cause property damage.
>>
>>27959674
As the gens pass by GF cares less and less about making sense, their main concern are "ebin creative concept"

If you're gonna ask about that you may as well ask about how Wishiwashi is able to call 50 friends to change form when kms away from the sea
>>
>>27960250
What happens when it gets a loose screw?
>>
>>27961483
Could they not have been bothered to just give it a bit of a gradient between the pink and black?
>>
File: 6uf.png (403KB, 1329x1229px) Image search: [Google]
6uf.png
403KB, 1329x1229px
I made this to commemorate this dumbass thread on this dumbass board.
>>
>>27962570
>this is 4chan*
fixed
>>
File: Marimokkori3.jpg (62KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
Marimokkori3.jpg
62KB, 400x533px
>>27962389
It's supposed to look like a mascot suite and invoke the feel of a detachable head from the front, giving it an actual gradient transition between the black and pink and making it look more like real fur would undermine the whole theme it's supposed to convey.
>>
>>27959674
Tag makes it look more plush-like and bait for kids. They try to hug it, dead kids ahoy.

Then it evolves having learnt that hugs are weapons
>>
>>27959674
It's for merchandising.
It means putting a tag on the plushy toy butthole of Stufful will be authentic, since it's actually part of its design.
>>
>>27960422
>>>/x/
>>
>>27959674
It's Pokemon. It doesn't have to make sense.
/thread
>>
>>27961944
It would be very painful.
>>
>>27961890
Right, or how that new Alolan Pokemon Cubone wears the skull of its dead mother immediately upon being born, even the mother doesn't die.And how the skull is able to change shape upon evolution even though it's not part of Pokemon.
>>
>>27960250
Because it's artificial and manmade, not a mammal.
>>
WHY DO GOATS HAVE WATTLES AND BEARDS? THEY HAVE NO PURPOSE, NATURE IS DUMB.
>>
Why is the tag so controversial?
>Meowth's coin
>Alakazam's spoons
>Delibird holding a Santa bag
>Smeargle's paintbrush tail and beret
>Snubbul's frill
>Ludicolo's sombrero
>Buizel and Floatzel's life raft
>Samurott line has shell swords
>Braixen holding a wand

I could name more. We've seen very literal elements added to designs every generation.
>>
>>27966717
Because it's on its ass and looks like a buttplug.
>>
It's probably vestigial, like when people have extra fingers or toes that don't do shit except weird people out.
>>
>>27966997
HAHAHAAHAHAHAA! I HADN'T NOTICED THAT BEFORE! XD
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.