[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your teams on Pokemon X and Y?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

File: 13.jpg (12KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
12KB, 400x240px
What are your teams on Pokemon X and Y?
>>
Never played, think I'd use a Malamar though.
>>
>>27959413
Sitting in a computer in a cartridge in a box on my shelf in my room in my parents house in Michigan.
Never to be seen again.
:(
>>
File: duck.png (127KB, 367x319px) Image search: [Google]
duck.png
127KB, 367x319px
>>27959413
Farfetch'd, Avalugg, Golurk, Trevenant, Drapion, Blastoise
>>
Second playthrough:
>Kirlia
>Frodagier
>Croagunk
I'm also planning to have Mamoswine, Hawlucha and Goodra or Noivern.
>>
>>27959413
X Team:
>Greninja
>Klefki
>Tyrantrum
>Gourgeist
>Pyroar (female)
>Meowstic (female)

Y Team:
>Delphox
>Dedenne
>Trevenant
>Dragalge
>Goodra
>Aurorus
>>
the guy who posted right after OP had no point in replying to this tread if all he had to say was "I didn't play it"

I used Chesnaught, Aegislash, Dragalge, Aururos, Blaziken, and I don't even remember the last one
>>
X team:
>Greninja
>Talonflame
>Goodra
>Noivern
>Hawlucha
>Charizard
>>
Delphox
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Clawitzer
Gogoat
Sylveon/Tyrantrum
>>
Chesnaught
Charizard X
Sylveon
Talonflame
Aegislash
Greninja (Yes I used Wonder Trade)
>>
>>27959550
That wasn't all he had to say though.
>>
File: trainercard-Maestroz.png (32KB, 245x158px) Image search: [Google]
trainercard-Maestroz.png
32KB, 245x158px
This was my Y team.
>>
Current playthru
>Chespin
>Charizard
>Hawlucha
>Babaracle
>Noivern

And trying to decide between Goodra or sylveon but its hard.
>>
>>27959413
first playthrought:
>chesnaught
>talonflame
>aegislash
>heliolisk
>shiny diggersby
>aurorus

second playthrought:
>bibarel
>farfetch'd
>toxicroak
>klefki
>stunfisk
>shedinja
>>
Most recent team

Crobat
Mienshao
Lilligant
Darmanitan
Walrein

Walrein was the only one who didn't carry it's own weight, loved the rest of the team though
>>
>>27959413
Chesnaught
Gogoat
Jumpluff
Trevenant
Gourgeist
Venusaur

Monograss run, also - wanted to have all the gen 6 grass types on my team
>>
File: Y ver teemo.png (87KB, 530x320px) Image search: [Google]
Y ver teemo.png
87KB, 530x320px
Why couldn't the starter have been better? Grass may be a garbage type but it usually gets better moves than this. Chesnaught has Leech Seed and various boring attacking moves. Plus Fighting type in the gen where Fairy was the new hotness.
>>
File: yam.jpg (87KB, 500x570px) Image search: [Google]
yam.jpg
87KB, 500x570px
>>27959413

Starting a new playthrough with Yamask as my starter. Holy crap it is cute in Amie, and I like how it uses its mask for its attack animation.

Picked up a Budew just before getting to see Sycamore, never used a Roserade so that should be fun too. Going to try stick to mons I haven't used much, though I might make an exception for Solrock.
>>
>>27959413
Delphox
Charizard
Blaziken
Lucario
Laapras
Snorlax
>>
>>27959413
I remember my mains were a Jirachi with Iron Head and Stealth Rock, a Garchomp with Rough Skin. The rest were interchangeable with various smogon strategies.

Speaking of which... this thread is a mess. :/

>>27959476
This doesn't sound like it would work... where's your trapper? Sweeper? Do you have eviolite? Or are you playing in NFE tier?

>>27959528
. . Why? Very few of those are viable... the X team can work though.

>>27959641
>>27959709
>>27959563
>>27960498
Have fun with stealth rock!
>>
My main story teams in my first run with Y and my replay with X were respectively

>Chesnaught, Female Meowstic, Noivern, Azumarill, Aegislash, Mega Manectric
>Delphox, Slurpuff, Dragalgae, Kabuki Furfrou, Pangoro, Mega Abomasnow
>>
>>27959413
Haven't actually played through it since release but my team was Greninja, Vivillon, Gogoat, Aegislash, Aurorus and Carbink
>>
>>27960585
>worrying about this shit when not playing competitive
>>
>>27960585
Are you literally retarded
>>
>>27960585
>being this autistic in a in-game thread
> :/

I'm a smogonfag too but god damn you are such a faggot
>>
>>27959413
Chesnaught
Pangoro
Houndoom
Scizor
Alakazam
Noivern
>>
>>27959413
>X and Y
>teams
wouldn't that be implying that I'd play that garbage more than once?

like a year after my original playthrough I tried to pick it up, but around the time I got to that desert place in the OP I just stopped

what a boring heap of shit

>inb4 tumblr rushes to its defense
>>
>>27959434
>sitting in a computer
wat?
>>
>>27960663
>tumblr rushing to defend

Anon are you okay? Goddamn you seem triggered for no reason. What does it even have to do with Tumblr?
>>
>>27960435
>solrock

excellent taste

although i'm more of a lunatone man myself.
>>
>>27960663
>inb4 tumblr rushes to its defense

what are you actually babbling about
>>
>>27960705
>>27960722

I was implying only someone who could like XY would like it for the things unique to the game

>"""""""""""""cute""""""""""""""""""""" NPCs
>amie
>Fairies
>dress up
etc., just gimmicky shit that has nothing to do with the game

Or simply that they're underage and like XY and ORAS because "it's 3D which makes it superior!!!!!"

I was ALSO implying they make up the majority of /vp/'s userbase unfortunately
>>
>>27960731
I like Amie, cute NPCs and being able to dress my character up, doesn't mean they're not the weakest games in the series.

Does tumblr keep you up at night anon?
>>
>>27960636
You're always playing competitive, friend

>>27960645
No, and I don't think it's good that you go around asking things that don't advance the conversation.

>>27960646
Get your homophobia out of here, please.
>>
>>27960731
Check out this guy
>>
>>27960749
>Does tumblr keep you up at night
In a way. Not because I'm necessarily angry that it exists, but because it's so prevalent here.

I wouldn't even mind if their post quality wasn't so fucking awful. Facebook has consistently better posts than them.

I mean, it's not JUST tumblr. There's deviantart, reddit, you name it. All GOnormies, furries, all that shit all stem from those places and cancer-up /vp/, it's a real shame

>>27960765
life is suffering
>>
>>27960755
No. No. You really aren't. NPCs are not going to use smogon tactics on you. You aren't going to be stealth rocked or stalled in a single player battle. So, yeah, you are a retarded faggot.
>>
>>27959432
>you never played XY
IT'S NOT EVEN GOOD, BUT HOW FUCKING DARE YOU POST HERE. YOUR FIRST GAME WAS FUCKING PEARL AND YOU'VE NEVER EVEN PLAYED XY. HOW FUCKING DARE YOU. FUCKING GET OUT.

AND QUIT CHANGING YOUR FUCKING NAME.
>>
>>27960749
I should also add that I love customizable trainers. But if I had to compromise, I'd rather have a great Pokemon game with lots of exploration and content without dress-up. But according to retards, it's good simply BECAUSE you can dress up.
>>
>>27960768
Best to just not think about it anon.

In anycase, yeah I liked XY. I just liked it least out of any pokemon game I played. And the sheer wasted potential of it frustrates me no end. I can still play it, but have to make sure I play with one figurative hand behind my back in some way, be it using shitmons or something else like that.

But it did have cuties.
>>
File: sol1.png (248KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
sol1.png
248KB, 600x600px
>>27960716
Lunatone is a cool guy too, I just have a soft spot for Solrock for some reason.

Its a great Trick Room suicide lead for one
>>
>>27960804
>it did have cuties
Oh yeah, I masturbate to it all the time.

MINIMALISTICALLY, XY could have at least been decent if
>removed constant NPC interruptions, there was no need for all those kids to be stopping your journey every 5 seconds for no reason, completely remove all those kids besides your rival, and have the rival not ever even talk to you unless they want to battle
>had the Gen V EXP system (that goes without saying)
>got rid of flying models (THE GROUND MODELS FUCKING EXIST IN THE GAME WHY AREN'T THEY EVER FUCKING SEEN EXCEPT IN AMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
That's basically it. I could have settled for a content-less game if you could at LEAST just enjoy your journey without these awful, awful, awful fucking cancer kids chasing you around. That's what makes games like RBY not obsolete imo, simply because it's a Pokemon game you can more or less just play and enjoy without the """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""story"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" crammed down your throat and interrupting the flow of the game.

I will go on to say that RBY has the best lore by far in the entire series, and all it is are these optional text excerpts talking about Mewtwo's birth and this undiscovered Pokemon you can't get in the game. Pretty fucking cool.

Rather than 5 gens of "this is a statue of the Pokemon that created the ______ region that you will have to battle and effortlessly capture with 2 ultra balls after you fight the evil team boss"

Sorry about that rant, I'll end this blog.

tl;dr remove XY's NPCs and the game would be playable as fuck
>>
>>27960804
>you will never see them fuck each other to a sweaty, vocal climax
kill me
>>
>>27959413
Y:
Greninja
Hawlucha
Heliolisk
Malamar
Aeigislash
Tyrantrum
>>
File: Pokémon.full.1394902.jpg (309KB, 1000x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.full.1394902.jpg
309KB, 1000x720px
>>27960872
>>removed constant NPC interruptions, there was no need for all those kids to be stopping your journey every 5 seconds for no reason, completely remove all those kids besides your rival, and have the rival not ever even talk to you unless they want to battle

See, I would have gone the other way; if you're going to add in all these new "friends", make them actually matter. I've gone on about this before, but

Make Rival Serena/Calem actually do something with their angst about not matching up to you and have them join Team Flare midway through in exchange for a Mega Ring of their own. Lysandre tells them he sees their potential but he actually wants a roadblock to stop the trainer thats dismantling his plans. When you stop Team Flare operations instead of just watching them walk away, your rival intercepts you and battles until Team Flare escapes, then flies off on their flyer, whatever it is. Of course they'd get redeemed by the end game, but it'd be infinitely better then the moping sap you repeatedly steamroll.

Make Trevor's pokedex challenge matter. Make it a high number to beat, so you'll only win if you've scoured the routes and trainer battles. Then if you do beat him, make it worthwhile. Let him trade you a version exclusive, like a Clauncher for a Skrelp, under the pretense that it'll help both of you fill out your dex.

Tierno really belonged in a game with contests or something, but they could have at least used his gimmick to be a credible threat. Give him a Dragon Dance Adaptability Crawdaunt with Aqua Jet, Crabhammer and Knock Off as his ace and go from there. He gets Quiver Dance Volcarano post game.

Shauna is perfect just the way she is.

And thats not even getting into the wasted potential of the masked heroes, Flare Admins, Diantha...

>had the Gen V EXP system (that goes without saying)

This too. Glad it looks like its coming back in Sun/Moon
>>
>>27960970
>See, I would have gone the other way; if you're going to add in all these new "friends", make them actually matter.
This would be fucking fantastic also.

Take into account however that this might reduce replay value to have to sit through the same text over and over again no matter how good the story was the first time.
>>
>>27959563
>Ash's team with Alain's ace
You cheeky bastard

Also
Chesnaught
Furfrou
Aegislash
Hawlucha
Tyrantrum
Noivern
All of these are shiny
>>
File: tumblr_mxg8bdp7NZ1sz5owro1_500.jpg (68KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mxg8bdp7NZ1sz5owro1_500.jpg
68KB, 450x600px
>>27960938
>implying she isn't Dexio's beard

but that leaves her free for waifuing at least
>>
>>27960970
>it looks like its coming back in Sun/Moon
HMMMMMM? Explain.
>>
X:
Delphox
Florges
Pangoro
Tyrantrum
Clawitzer
Trevenant

1st Y:
Chesnaught
Aegislash
Dragalge
Talonflame
Sylveon
Malamar

2nd Y:
Greninja
Gogoat
Pyroar
Hawlucha
Goodra
Aurorus
>>
>>27960980
>Take into account however that this might reduce replay value to have to sit through the same text over and over again no matter how good the story was the first time.

Yeah, thats true. I personally have a pretty high tolerance for skipping through dialogue but I can understand why it'd be unpalatable for others
>>
>>27959413
My first team was Greninja, Charizard, Hawlucha, Heliolisk, Diggersby and Clawitzer.

Played XY at least 4 times by now, but just because the dex is really good and the 3D novel too when you come back from Gen 5 or below.
>>
I will begin my first run of Pokemon Y in a few days. How many legendaries will I catch a) before the Elite Four and b) after? I'm asking this because I don't want to train too many "normals" and then be kind of forced to kick them out of the team for a superior legendary. I don't care about event legendaries or roaming ones, just the ones you will definitely encounter in the game.
>>
>>27960991
Apparently in some of the trailers thus far you can see different pokemon getting different XP from the same battles. This is just what I've seen said around here mind you, haven't gone and searched it out myself.
>>
>>27961012
The only legendary you run into over the course of the main game is the box cover one, which you're not required to catch anyway.

You get a lot of gift pokemon shoved at you though.
>>
>>27959432
>Never played
So you haven't caught them all?
>>
>>27961018
I sincerely hope you're right.
>>
1st X: Greninja, Wartortle, Talonflame, Pangoro, Diggersby, Vileplume iirc. Didn't realise how good Vileplume was.

Current: Swoobat (shiny), Haxorus, Ferrothorn, Medicham, Krookodile and Greninja. Just realised how gen 5 heavy it was.

Barring the repeat of greninja and also Wartortle, had never used any of these mins before.
>>
>>27959432
>never played the best game in the serie

sad
>>
>>27959413
>first playthrough
I used
Gardevoir
Talonflame
Diggersby
Aegislash
Noivern
Lapras

>Second playthrough
Since I didnt use a starter 2 years ago I decided to use one
Delphox
Talonflame
Venusaur
Heliolisk
Goodra
Poliwrath
>>
First run:
Delphox
Mega Blastoise
Lucario
Talonflame
Roserade
Carbink

Second run:
Chesnaught
Pyroar
Clawitzer
Heliolisk
Florges
Noivern
>>
>>27959413
>someone thought this literal wasteland would be a good idea
XY was a mistake
>>
Y
Braixen
Floette
Swanna
Manectric
Avalugg
Hydreigon
>>
currently playing Pokemon Y as my first Pokemon game and i just defeated lysandre.

all of a sudden the routes feel more open and fun to explore

does this happen with all the pokemon games?
>>
Using these in my current playthrough of X.

Gogoat
Escavalier
Florges
Clawitzer
Glaceon
Scrafty
>>
Lucario
Azumarill
Talonflame
Helioptile
Gengar
Rhyperior
>>
Geninja
Blaziken (the gift one)
Tyrantrum
Venusaur
Raichu
Noivern

In pokemon SuMo I'm only going to be using 7th gen pokemon. No alola forms and no other old pokemon.
>>
>>27961625
>SuMo
Wrong website. Meme posting is done on r/memes
>>
>>27961464
They somehow made Orre good. Uh X and Y they couldn't be fucking asked to try
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.