[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ash, what the fuck? You promised your mother.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

File: a.png (255KB, 540x599px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
255KB, 540x599px
Ash, what the fuck? You promised your mother.
>>
>>27955647
Shes used to disappointments in life.
No husband
Idiot son.
>>
>>27955647
well, he did win the Orange League
>>
>>27955647
>didn't even show up to watch
>>
>>27955647
Ash is gonna get some punishment. It's clear his mom is into some kinky shit and will make Ash beg a bit
>>
>>27955647
And thus, Ash's mom had to live on the streets due to no income after 20 years of an absentee husband and her son bringing in no victory money.
>>
>>27955783
woo fucking hoo
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 1005x747px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 1005x747px
>>27955647
>he wasn't even disappointed anymore

Ash has grown numb to the feelings of defeat
>>
>>27955847
You mean he was stripped of any personality he once had after Johto.
>>
>>27955872
>personality

Being a whiny pussy bitch fuck isn't the same thing as having a personality
>>
>>27955647
It's just how she meets her son halfway on his absenteeism.
>>
>>27955815
The novels confirms she does have her own business. Think it's a diner.
>>
>>27955945
But objecting when people tell you that losing is fine is.
>>
>>27955945
He actually did have a lot of unique personality traits. XY series is pretty good, but they've changed him to a generic enthusiastic anime protagonist.
>>
>>27955872
>>27956001
What WERE some of his personality traits anyway? I know he had some, but it'd take me a minute to remember it all from that far back.
>>
>>27955982
Still no husband. Fuck buddies with prof. Oak doesn't count
>>
>>27956068
He was a little bit arrogant, as opposed to his now confident attitude. He was more calm a lot of the time. And just like the OP said, he lost confidence and got disappointed in himself after losing in the league. Now he's just as cocky as when he started the league and he didn't even care that he lost.
>>
>>27955982
im pretty sure its a hotel
>>
>>27956949
Its a love hotel cleaning lady job she has.
>>
>>27955872
that happened DURING johto
>>
>>27956068
He was pretty arrogant and aggressive in Hoenn as well
>>
>>27955791

Too busy fucking Prof. Oak
>>
>>27955647
Ash never lives up to his promises, what's new.
>>
>>27955647
:o
>>
looks like he needs a spanking from his mommy.
>>
He also promised A.J. that he'd see him again. That was over 500 episodes ago.
>>
>>27955647
its really cruel of the writers to even have this scene when they knew they where never going to let Ash win.
>>
>>27958782
>>27958782
He also promise all the other that didn't win the league. Now that I think about it serena did the same thing with her contest final.
>>
>>27958782
This is just another thing that makes us think they probably intended him to win but then got cold feet last second.
>>
File: 1463904065814.jpg (75KB, 563x600px) Image search: [Google]
1463904065814.jpg
75KB, 563x600px
>>27955982
There's novels for the Pokemon anime?
Are they any good?
>>
>>27958685
More like he promised every COTD he'd see them again one day. I hate this fucking cliché sentence.
>>
>>27958685
Out of all the COTDs they never brought back, AJ is the one that makes me the most sad, because he was voiced by Nobuyuki Hiyama in Japan.

I'd like to see Hiyama and Rica get in a hot blood yelling contest again.
>>
>>27955647
If xyz had been an actual anime, everyone would praise the writers as they deconstruct the shounen genre by not making ash the winner, even if it was hyped as fuck. But since this is Pokemon, everyone just shit on it. Think if it the next time you praise an anime for being " original".
>>
>>27959612
One episode out of like 200 which goes against shounen tropes isn't what a deconstruction is, this is just bad writing.
>>
Waiting for the reveal that Alain cheated. It would make sense, and can win fans back in one fell swoop
>>
>>27960025
Sounds like a bad cop out. Fuck them of they do that. They won't though
>>
File: Punished Satoshi.jpg (190KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Satoshi.jpg
190KB, 1280x720px
>>27955812
>>
>>27960025
Not really, Ash still won't have the trophy and that's all that matters to the rabid fans. It would just be seen as damage control because absolutely nothing hinted at Alan having cheated in the match.
>>
File: 1471567878160.jpg (68KB, 751x522px) Image search: [Google]
1471567878160.jpg
68KB, 751x522px
>>27960025
>Waiting for the reveal that Alain cheated.
Fucking /padt/. lmfao
>>
File: this is where i belong forever.png (314KB, 528x478px) Image search: [Google]
this is where i belong forever.png
314KB, 528x478px
>>27955647
>>
>>27960044
>>27960055
Check em'

Anyway, the one-hit KO and the bulking of so many damn hits does make it seem suspicious
>>
>>27960066
It's the furthest he's ever gotten, so I'm okay with it
>>
>>27960073
It would still be a cop out because it would be completely out of character. Alan's an edgelord blood knight but he's not a cheater.
>>
>>27960083
Is he? He does work with the evil organization, doesn't seem too far fetched
>>
>>27955647
Why is he not allowed to win the league?
>>
>>27960103
Please stop deluding yourself. The league is overz ash lost again. Get over it and focus on flare arc.
>>
>>27960103
Cheating would be completely out of character for Alan since his whole shtick has been becoming the strongest for its own sake rather than to get a trophy. He didn't even care about the league, he just wanted to fight Ash.

Is it that hard to figure out a kid's cartoon?
>>
>>27955783
Orange League is the Special Olympics of Pokémon World
>>
I dont even really understand why they wont let him win. It's not like he couldnt just get interested in beating the league of the next region.
>>
>>27960066
EVOLVE YOUR FUCKING POKEMON YOU STUPID FUCK
>>
>>27960140
He did this region tho. He even got a special evolution nobody else has.

And he STILL lost.

I'm pretty sure the writers are just fucking with the fans now.
>>
Imagine how pokemon feel about Ash as a trainer. They wish they'd be captured by anyone else.
>>
>>27960136
He is a moron with a special rule of using new pokemons for every new region. Its natural this stupid rule leads to his defeats.
>>
>3 Flying types

he deserved to lose
>>
I can't wait for the 25th anniversary when Ash will get a special Gen 8 Pokemon, wins the final match but then gets DQ'd for some contrived reason.
>>
Ash's mom is a milf
>>
>>27960156
It doesnt have to make sense for him to win though. The fights in the anime follow no rules and there's no reason they cant just give it to him for once.

I dont even watch the anime but this shit's depressing to hear about.
>>
File: DeliaSwimsuit.jpg (25KB, 436x480px) Image search: [Google]
DeliaSwimsuit.jpg
25KB, 436x480px
>>27960179
>>
>>27960151
Most of his pokemon choose to follow him. Literally this season the only pokemon he battled to capture was talonflame.
>>
>>27960156
He lost in Sinnoh with an old team though.
I specifically remember guts boosted heracross using sleep talk specifically against Darkrai was not enough to take it out because lol reasons
>>
>>27960200
They will learn when he will dump them all to Oak. They will join the team of loosers who are not remembered and not used but at the same time are not free to walk away.
>>
>>27960073
>OHKO
It's a 3HKO though. Dragon claw knockdown, Dragon claw sending Greninja flying backwards with Ash feeling the pain despite blocking and then Blast Burn.

As for taking hits, Alan's Charizard tanked Zygarde's Extreme Speed and Land's Wrath and was still good to fight but people don't seem to bring that up. It knocked Zygarde down without even mega evolving. It's not only that tough, it hits hard so it's not really a crazy idea for it to be fine after all those hits and to finish a fight in 3 attacks.
>>
>>27960215
Ash is a fucking asshole. How can you claim to love your Pokemon so much and proceed to hand them off after you're done with their region?
>>
>>27960279
>but people don't seem to bring that up
Because it doesn't fit the narrative.
>>
>>27960186
>there's no reason they cant just give it to him for once.
Message of this anime is about never give up after losing, about growing mentally with each loss and journey being more important than destination.

People expect Pokemon to be your generic shonen animu where protagonist always wins, but it is Doraemon-like kodomo with unreachable goal.
I think executives also treat the league as endgame.
>>
>>27955766

She does have a husband. He's just not at home.

In an interview with the storyboard artist, he stated that Ash's father is a trainer on his own journey.

And in the Japanese version of EP002, it's stated that Ash's paternal grandfather was also a trainer.
>>
>>27960433
>Message of this anime is about never give up after losing
The show hasn't done a very good job of making that message clear for like 4 generations now (remember this is a kid's show, making the message blatant is what they're supposed to be doing). They really should've had the whole "rediscovering himself" episode after his league loss rather than right after Wulfric if they never planned on letting him win. It seems dumb that they made him get so emo over a gym match loss he could easily retried the next day rather than the league which he won't get another shot at for a while.
>>
>>27960591
He was angsty after Wulfric because Greninja was imperfect because of him.
In the league form was already perfected, so that means no reason to get depressed, especially after being top 2 trainer.
>>
>>27960625
Yes except you're seeing it completely from the in-universe perspective instead of from the perspective of what the writers chose to put on the page. If they wanted to they could've just as easily have Ash beat Wulfric on his first try and moved the whole depression arc to his league loss and it would work just as fine (arguably better since losing a league is a much bigger trauma when you consider he's been talking about winning the Kalos league for like 200 episodes).
>>
>>27960494
Ash is stuck in a looping timeline. Eventually he'll meet a cute girl and fall in love with her and have a kid, himself. Ash is his own father and grandfather, as well as all his ancestors.
>>
>>27955647
>their eyes
fucking ruined
>>
>>27955766
He got in second place in the entire Kalos league. How is that disappointing?
>>
>>27960079

>okay with him being the very best loser
>like no one ever was
>>
>>27960108

because the title of pokemon master is so goddamn vague that it is perceived that if Ash even won a league he would hsve no reason move on to the next one.
>>
>>27962282
Because he was aiming to win. Losing right at the finish line would be disappointing as hell. He sure as shit wasn't happy with 4th place in the sinnoh league, so why would he be happy with this?
>>
>>27960433

>Message of this anime is about never give up after losing

perseverance only gets you so far. either shoe results or fuck off.

>BUT HE MADE IT TO TOP 2

Congrats you're the best at not being the best. That's a good lesson, keep doing your hardest and eventually you'll get good enough to get your ass beat by someone else who wanted it more at that point.
>>
>>27959612
The problem isn't that it's deconstructing the anime. It already did that in the first series and the second and the third.

At this point, it's just become repetitive. The anime is not saying anything anymore. It's just repeating the same message all over again to the point the anime itself has become predictable. Ash fights in a bunch of gyms, meets Pokemon with problems, fights the villains, loses the League. When it's predictable, when you know what's going to happen, you don't really have a reason to be invested in what happens in the anime.

To make it worse I doubt Ash is going to take these lessons (if there are lessons to be learned other than type advantage works according to the writers' feelings) on and improve or even get better characterisation. He'll just dump 5/6th of his team and go back to being an idiot.
>>
>>27960188
Damnnnnn. Which episode is this from?
>>
>>27960289
Would you run through all six regions with only one team?
>>
>>27960148
Ash could be given a team of OP Legendaries and the writers would still make him lose.

Yet people are hating on Goodra for jobbing.

One day Ash will capture Ho-Oh and Ho-Oh will job hard due to the writers.
>>
No worries, his mom is gonna console him
>>
>>27962366
Beauty and the Beach
>>
>>27962282
>He got in second place in the entire Kalos league
>second place
>second
This is what's wrong with the new generation. If you're not first, you're last. Look at this nigga losing the match of his life and he just chills the fuck out next episode and bros up with the nigga that ruined his dream.

He didn't learn any lessons. He didn't learn shit. He's going to continue being a failure throughout his whole laugh because failures dragging him down tot heir level will say "You gave it your all, and that's all that counts!"

Look at the world around you and tell me that we're in a better place because even if you fuck up there's always that safety net under you ready to save you. If that safety net were removed progress and change would happen by leaps and bounds because only the strong, the ones who worked hard, survived.
>>
File: 1466200957698.png (329KB, 418x404px) Image search: [Google]
1466200957698.png
329KB, 418x404px
>>27962467
>born in le wrong generation
>>
File: Ash wins orange league.jpg (41KB, 736x490px) Image search: [Google]
Ash wins orange league.jpg
41KB, 736x490px
>>27962448
>>27960188
>>27955647
Delia was my first waifu.
Explain a lot about my actual sexuality.

Also:
Ash is already a Champion. Pic related.
>>
>>27962467
What an exhausting outlook. You can say he's second place, but another way to look at it is that he's in the 1% of 1% of trainers. If Ash had that type of achievement in any real-world profession aside from elected office, he'd be doing gangbusters.

And don't give me that crap about "not wanting it enough to be in first place". Everybody in a competitive field wants to come in first, but by their very nature there has to be a winner and loser in every single confrontation. Does that mean the that loser has still essentially achieved nothing? Fuck no. Second place still means you're the second best person in your entire cohort. That isn't fucking nothing.
>>
>>27962694
>1% of 1% of trainers
>he's been adventuring with literal gym leaders who have been tasked with being gatekeepers to the League who are just as retarded as he is
>implying he's not just the SECOND smartest retard in the class

He's been second place six times. He's achieved nothing. His method doesn't work and he refuses to grow.

One lesson he could learn is...hmmm....idk...evolving his Pokemon?

Another lesson could be bringing his good Pokemon into a new region as consistently as the other trainers that seem impossibly hard to beat by his standards?

This isn't some poetic fucking Chumba Wumba song where constantly losing but never giving up are admirable qualities.
>>
>>27960188
welp
>>
I guess breaking vows runs in the family.
>>
>>27962923
This is the first time Ash has made it to the finals, so actually he has improved consistently throughout the anime.
>>
>people havent figured out Oak is Ash's father
>>
>>27964658
I can strangely imagining now doujinshis of Ash with his mom... I hope they exist
>>
What really pisses me off is that Alian is probably gonna chuck the trophy in a closet when he gets back and then forget about the whole thing.
>>
>>27962001
So...Ash marries Delia?
>>
>>27966530

Yeah it's pretty ironic right? Ash actually reveres the entire process of the "league challenge". Meanwhile Alain doesn't give a flying fuck about it and just steamrolls the entire process because it's simply a means to an end.

Did the writers even think about this?
>>
>>27966453
Pretty sure Gouguru has done stuff with them.
>>
This motherfucker lied to his mom. Can you believe that? What a monster
>>
File: 2015-09-16-11-08-13--1512057881.jpg (11KB, 229x221px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-16-11-08-13--1512057881.jpg
11KB, 229x221px
>>27964681
Underrated
>>
>>27966769
yes
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.