[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about Mega Pokemon 3 years later? At first I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: NCGzf0Y.jpg (98KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
NCGzf0Y.jpg
98KB, 1000x563px
How do you feel about Mega Pokemon 3 years later?

At first I was questioning them, then I was won over by Charizard X. I beat the game and loved using a Mega, admittedly it make the game a fucking breeze. Playing the game through again Mega Pokemon got old real fast. The game makes you feel like you need a mega on your team and they are always pushing you towards using one. Building a team around a mega is boring and it takes up a spot for a funner Pokemon to use. I hope Megas are a 1 generation thing.
>>
>>27951665
Yeah, I hope Z-Moves actually do replace Mega Evolutions as it gives a power-up to virtually all pokemon instead of a select few that GF bothers with.
>>
File: 1459205731248.png (74KB, 248x211px) Image search: [Google]
1459205731248.png
74KB, 248x211px
>>27951665
>3 years later
>>
My only problem with megas is that some pokemon got 2 while most still have none
>>
File: tumblr_n0tx218ygm1scncwdo1_500.gif (442KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0tx218ygm1scncwdo1_500.gif
442KB, 500x278px
>Mega Lucario
Dope
>Mega Blaziken
Dope
>Mega Charizard X
Dope
>Mega Pinsir
GTFO
>Mega Gyarados
giant shrimp
>Abomasnow, Manectric, Heracross
pls stop
>>
>>27951665
>3 years later
No...it possibly can't be true.
>>
I like Mega Evolution. I hope they continue to refine it with each installment. Z-Moves look fun too. Fuck all the nerds that think we can't have both.
>>
>>27951665
I thought the weather wars was bad. But including fairy types, the meta broke itself harder.
>>
Mawile's should have just been a normal evolution
>>
remove them all
>>
I didnt like them and I still don't
>>
Megas are fine so long as they don't go overboard with handing them out. I personally think they should be given to the popular shitmons and some of the regularly popular Pokemon, but I absolutely hate the idea of legendaries having megas. Also charizard x is garbage
>>
>>27951665
Overall good for making shitmons viable, but a balance change in some of them would be nice (along with a balance on Fairies). I don't want GF to remove it, it would be a stupid idea to make Charizard, Pidgeot, Beedrill and many, many others previous shitmons bad again.

With that said, I'm pretty much playing only BW2 and older games now. SM looks like XY all over again (multiple gimmicks), so I'm not really excited and the removal of megas would make me even less excited.
>>
Didn't use a Mega because I don't like them, game was still piss easy. My Roserade swept Lysandre alone, Vivillon nearly swept Diantha.

Megas are still shit. I am praying that they really are kill.
>>
>>27951665
They need some balancing, but otherwise I'm happy with them.

Give Rayquaza a goddamn Mega Stone, and Parental Bond should be nerfed.. somehow. The thing is, stats-wise, Mega Kanga is actually an incredibly average Pokemon, so too much of a nerf could destroy it. It needs to still be viable, just not the be-all and end-all of Megas.

I dunno, maybe make Parental Bond into a reskinned Skill Link? Kangaskhan learns plenty of multi-hit moves, so capitalize on that. Comet Punch could get a damage buff (say, from its current 18 to 20 or 25, making it as good as Tail Slap or Rock Blast), and suddenly it becomes a viable STAB choice.
>>
>>27951665
Kinda the same, still enjoying. And yeah I don't think will ever remove them since they are to much of an important battle mechanic and also to important for some pokemon like Mawile or Beedrill. And no, Z-moves or Alolan forms aren't a suitable replacement in any way.
>>
>>27951665
at first I was pissed. Mawile, Sableye Lopunny and Absol deserved an evolution.

Then I came around to it. Its a fun game mechanic, an awesome ace in the whole for your best bud.

Still gonna be pissed if they don't stay because those pokemon still deserve an evolution. Also gonna be pissed if they don't add to them because not everybody's best bud got their ace in the hole.
>>
>>27953173
Manectric confuses me so fucking much. WHY? What made them decide that the gen 3 shitmon dog deserved a mega evolution? What made them think giving it a giant cheese wedge for a head was a suitable mega?
>>
>>27951665
Neat concept that was executed horribly like all of gen 6.

Legendaries and Pseudo's getting stronger is legitimately retarded. X and Y megas were so stupid. ORAS megas were much better for the most part.

even though I love Altaria and Mawile megas I think we would be better off without megas
>>
>>27954736
Mega Ray doesn't need a nerf

VGCs just needs to remember never, EVER to allow the fuckery that was "Any pokemon ever"

But Ray without mega stone is fine. Remember, legendaries like that aren't built for competitive anyways, they are meant as plot devices and to be these "uber strong cool mons"
>>
>>27956785
I'm going to have to disagree with you on letting Fug being that strong.

They literally could not let Fug compete in Ubers with every other legendary out there, it can destroy some OU mon's that are EV'd trained, without training.

Arceus can't do that
>>
>>27956831
Thing is, it being that strong is partly a plot device

Who's to say that other ubers won't get that kind of role?

Besides, they never designed these things to work in a tier anyways. Not all Pokemon will be built to be balanced, and not all should be built to be balanced

Hell, I hope they keep that stuff up, and make these legendaries as broken as they possibly can, and especially do so for Arceus if they ever get to him
>>
>>27956936
You don't get it. The thing is beyond Ubers. Not even fucking God can stand up to it. If a bigger power creep catches up that'll be fine, but the level of difference of Fug and everything else is beyond retarded in a game that's core feature is battling against other people

>Not all Pokemon will be built to be balanced, and not all should be built to be balanced
Why did you say the same thing twice
>>
I'm just annoyed because some pokemon (namely sableye) pretty much lose all chance of getting a proper evolution due to their mega
>>
>>27951665
I like them just, painfully aware of how incompetent GF is because of them.
>>
>>27951665
It gave GF a way to make pokemon that would be too strong if they were allowed held items, and I think that's pretty cool.
>>
File: Jack Black gets a sex change.png (98KB, 302x187px) Image search: [Google]
Jack Black gets a sex change.png
98KB, 302x187px
>At first I was questioning them, then I was won over by Charizard X.
>>
>>27957407
>Jack Black gets a sex change.png

I HAVE MANY QUESTIONS
>>
>>27951665
Garbage.

Z moves are already way better
>>
>>27951665
They're fine.

The way they were integrated into the Pokemon canon was pretty shit, though.

>shiny magic stones
>lol timelines
>retcons a series of games in their own remake
>shoved in your face in their debut
>>
>>27951665
Mega's are fine, not perfectly implemented but mostly good.

Anyone who thinks they're the worst thing to happen to the meta literally knows nothing about competitive, you can count the Mega's that were are problem on kne hand and that's a very small drop in a big pool of broken Pokemon.

The only problem I have is that there should be more beedrills and pidgeots getting them and less legendaries
>>
>>27951665

>Mega Evolutions

A mistake, but glad to see that Gamefreak can learn from their mistakes, and aren't adding anymore seeing as they have no clue how to actually handle them.
>>
It's amazing how megas were mostly either too bullshit or were completely pointless. Also it's really lame as an in-game thing. It's not that threatening when a boss switches one on, you'll probably be able to one-shot it at that point. And it sucks when they focus on introducing so many megas but you're probably never going to see 90% of them unless you really like to try a bunch of pokemon in competitive.
>>
>>27957445
Eh, retcons would happen with remakes anyways

Really, the big issue is that the megas should have been saved for post game. Holy crap is the game ever unbalanced with megas. Megas and exp share just shred Hoenn's difficulty
>>
>>27957565
Not even ORAS, just lol new type 15 years later and also Pokemon now have these new forms, that starters legendaries and Pseudo's can get.
>>
I like Megas to an extent
There's few greater feelings than having one of your favourite Pokemon Mega-evolve and then clutch out a fight or dominate someone
But balance wise they ruin in-game play, you end up using Mega 100% of the time you have a pokemon that can use it; there's never a reason not to. You can also Mega every single battle so it gets boring; you only get the hype trainer pressing the mega button animation once until you shut off your system.
Z-Moves don't seem any better besides the fact they don't help your Pokemon outspeed or tank better and you might get the cool sentai posing every time.

I just assume Megas will be post-game content so Z-moves can stay in the forefront longer. I can't see GF ditching the 40+ new designs they've come up with, even if a couple of them are disgustingly ugly
>>
They gave mega evolutions to Pokemon that were already powerful. They gave mega evolutions to Pokemon that they could have still given regular evolutions to. As it stands, it seems to be an unspoken rule that a Pokemon will not get a mega evolution if it is not fully evolved, which means the weak Pokemon that received mega evolutions will never, ever get real evolutions. Their ability to become competent Pokemon will always be locked behind having a special hold item, activating it in battle, with a restriction of one per team. For some Pokemon that only manage to become average. I don't have a problem with the mechanic on principle, but it was distributed poorly.

It's inevitable that popular Pokemon will get mega evolutions because that's how you market the feature, but here's the deal. Charizard was already shit, he's a popular Pokemon and his megas made him viable. If you gave Pikachu a mega, then you may have thrown Raichu under the bus, but you've eliminated the assumption that the Pokemon needs to fully evolve. I don't know the stats exactly, but the concept behind Mewtwo X would have been a nice sidegrade, something that should have been done for all of the already powerful Pokemon. A form that made them good at something different, instead of even better than they were.

With Z moves in Sun and Moon, another unique generation gimmick that requires the trainer to wear an accessory, and no mega evolutions in sight, they seem to be gone. But that just makes me more frustrated. It paints the picture that Gamefreak is fickle when it comes to mixing up the formula. Mega evolutions will still exist in all games from here on out, but it could be the case that we'll have this current batch for the rest of time. They won't be balanced, other shit Pokemon won't get any, that's it. That's fucking stupid. If you're going to do it, do it properly and keep it up. Otherwise, don't do it. At least the Z move selection won't look obviously incomplete.
>>
>>27951665
I hope they make it so that you can't mega evolve without having max affinity with that Pokemon, so that it actually feels like you bonded with your Mon to achieve a higher form or power. Instead of jamming a mega stone up its ass and touching your bracelet
>>
>>27957846
As a mega evolution supporter I'd have no issue with this, it felt weird that this wasn't a thing in the first place
>>
A mistake.
Memelizard doesn't deserve two nor to be that strong.
>>
>>27951665
Megas are great. Anyone who disagrees is underage.
>>
>>27958084
>the irony of this post
>>
>>27951665

I'd like to use them but my bro Heracross got a prrtty shitty one so I'm hoping for him to get an alternate form. My other bros Fearow and Crobat didn't get one so I'm waiting on that too.
I didn't play through X with a Mega but I find the concept interesting. There need to be more trainers with Mega Evolution aside from you though
>>
>>27958182
>. There need to be more trainers with Mega Evolution aside from you though

This

If they're going to introduce a mechanic I want to see more than two or three other people use it
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.