[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breeding ahead of Alola forms-viable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: images (2).jpg (13KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
13KB, 300x168px
Breeding ahead of Alola forms-viable?
>>
>>27951326
exxegutor face with "delet this" please?
>>
>>27951326
I wish they would throw us a bone and let us know what we can do to prepare: will you be able to breed Alola forms from national forms? I don't imagine switching back and forth between forms will be possible, considering they have different movesets.

I just want a smug Meowth in a Heavy Ball.
>>
The region adapt the poke, so if born in Alola is gonna be an Alolan form.
>>
File: 1471739386092s.png (403KB, 1103x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471739386092s.png
403KB, 1103x800px
>>27951404
needs more resolutions
>>
>>27952269
>>27952198
I'm willing to bet that they are treated by the game engine (at least as far as breeding goes) as completely separate species.

So Alolan Vulpix/Ninetales will only breed to Alolan forms (even in the inevitable 3rd and 4th games of this gen) and the originals will only breed to the originals (based on the species of the mother, obviously)
>>
>>27952198
I am guessing it will be gender based. Like if the female is Alolan, the egg will be Alolan, otherwise is will be normal. Or something to that effect.
>>
File: PXY_WonderTradeStill001_large.png (180KB, 626x352px) Image search: [Google]
PXY_WonderTradeStill001_large.png
180KB, 626x352px
prepare the injections boys
>>
>>27952351
This is likely. The big question though, is about evolved forms like marowak and exeggutor. Either the game has some way of detecting when a cubone is from Alola, or else Alolan Marowak has a different evolution method.
>>
>>27952564

The games already detect regions.
>>
>>27952360
it's based on region
>>
>>27953473
that makes sense but
[citation needed]
>>
Still wanna breed a classic Ninetails with Ice Beam
>>
File: confused.jpg (14KB, 948x858px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
14KB, 948x858px
>>27952269
>>27953473
>introduce a foreign species into a new region
>offspring of migrant species immediately adapts to new region
The Alolan forms came about due to actual Darwin evolution. You should still be able to breed non-Alolan forms so long as you don't mix the Alolan forms with the non-Alolan forms.
>>
>>27951326
>breeding forms of existing alt-form pokemon
>eggs only inherit the form of the mother

You probably can't do anything, except for exeggcute maybe, since it seems only exeggutor is the variation.
Other than that, I would guess only female Alolan variants can breed Alolan variants, aside from male + Ditto.

Look at how Deerling and Sawsbuck work in Gen 6 without seasons.
>>
>>27952269

Are you stupid? If this was the case, how could you ever hatch a regular Vulpix in Alola?
>>
>>27955893
You don't obviously, you trade from x/y/OR/AS
>>
>>27956353
this can't be true, we've already seen a regular meowth in the overworld and not an alolan one
>>
>>27956550
That's the player character's family's meowth that came with them from another region.
>>
>>27956550
>>27956353
>>27955893
get a regular vulpix. Breed it
>>
Since there are multiple islands wouldn't it be possible to find regular forms on other islands where they didn't change forms?
>>
How sad are all the people with shiny Ninetales going to be over Alolan Ninetales?
>>
>>27956874
i dont think so, since the new forms is clearly a reference to darwin islands - and all islands there had a different species that branched from the original one.

also having rare pokemon like vulpix in more than one location would be a little weird?

it would make more sense that each island would have different types of subspecies of pokemon maybe?
>>
>>27956905
what would shiny alolan ninetales look like?
>>
>>27956913
Yeah that's what I was thinking because their had to of been regular vulpix somewhere first and then it was just a group that changed. Maybe they will be added into different routes in post game.
>>
>>27956928
Like regular Ninetales, I hope.
>>
>>27952269
We don't have any confirmation yet.

I hope it's tied to genetics, as in, if the mother is Alolan Ninetales then you get an Alolan vulpix. It'd make more sense.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.