[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/vp/ is starting to hate these games >normies/games journalism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 4

File: heartgold-soulsilver.jpg (55KB, 460x210px) Image search: [Google]
heartgold-soulsilver.jpg
55KB, 460x210px
>/vp/ is starting to hate these games
>normies/games journalism outlets consistently label them as the best Pokémon games of all time
>B2W2 is almost always near the middle or bottom of the same normies/games journalism lists
>/vp/ will love B2W2 forever and ever

Makes sense.
>>
>/vp/ has any taste in children's games
Please, get yourself checked.
>>
>>27949146
/vp/ will always have shit taste.
>>
>>27949183
Good, because they don't. Their collective opinion is based on
>normies like it = bad
>normies ignore/dislike it = good
>>
>>27949146
nobody is seriously starting to hate hgss
the only viable yet retarded possible complaint is the barren cucked-out kanto region
>>
>>27949215
They're only STARTING to hate them. People have been complaining more and more about the level curve and Kanto, and there's a topic right now where they're booted out of /vp/'s holy trinity.
>>
I thought BW1 was generally considered better than BW2?
>>
File: 1442335375983.png (746KB, 897x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1442335375983.png
746KB, 897x1021px
>>27949146
>hate
Can we stop using this word so haphazardly? How can you possibly hate something that doesn't physically or mentally strain you? Can we just stop? Is your vocabulary that limited from listening to rap music talking about haters all the time?
>>
>>27949263
Not on /vp/. To the point that BW2's STORY is considered better than BW1's even though BW2's more formulaic story was one of the biggest complaints at the time.

>>27949285
What? The majority of this board seems to think that Gen VI killed their parents.
>>
>>27949295
Not my argument. So why are you responding to me?
>>
What if I always hated HGSS? BW1 and Platinum are my favorite games.
>>
>>27949295
I don't see how anyone could argue that BW2 had a better story. Is it just more popular because of Rosafags or what?
>>
>>27949146
We're starting to hate them because they actually suck. Just like everything from gen 4
>>
>>27949340
No idea, but whatever's causing people to excessively laud B2W2 is causing them to praise every single aspect of the game over all other games, including the story, Rosa, and the boring selection of legendaries.
>>
>>27949393
>If you have to play and finish a game that you think sucks, it can mentally or physically strain you. Are you dumb?

Never change /vp/
>>
>>27949340
Maybe, she is pretty cute. But yeah, I never felt BW2's story was better. I liked Hugh and I liked the PWT and PokeStar Studio, but beyond that I prefer BW1.
>>
>>27949393
>if you have to play
Just fucking fix your vocabulary. It's evident all that rap 'music' got to your head. Stop misappropriating words.
>>
>>27949448
I prefer BW1's story, characters, and the fresh feeling it brought when it was first announced.

BW2 is better in all other aspects, but is pretty much an expansion pack for BW1. It's arguably aged better since BW1's "new Pokémon only" gimmick is horribly outdated. That said, it's more for the hardcore fans than anything, and not for casual/genwunner normies.

Also, Hilda > Rosa
>>
>>27949146
It's just fucking ORAS fags

I don't have nostalgia for HGSS, they're just good games, like Bw2
>>
>>27949560
ORAS fags sure, but it's also the Emerald/Platinum/B2W2 fags
>>
>>27949529
>you're thinking of
Nope I'm not. I'm telling you and you still jump to the wrong conclusion.

>but replacement
If you have to ask...you can't be old enough to browse /vp/, You should be at least 13 because some content on here can be kind of graphic.
Be honest with me, how old are you?
>>
>>27949596
I am literally 2 out of 3 of those things. Hoennshitters are the worst things on this board. The frontier is good, but it has little else going for it. Although it does have the original gym leader rematches, they're all annoying to get
>>
For me:
1) HG
2) Platinum, haven't touched it in years, though
3) Emerald for nostalgia, W2 for actual quality

I also love LG because I play it whenever I want to play any Pokemon game, I just play it.
>>
>>27949649
Ah you're of the female persuasion I take it? Confusing mental age with physical. I'm so proud of you
>>
>>27949837
You keep lying when I told you to be honest with me. Not my fault. They're not assumptions at all. They're observations. Astute ones at that.
>>
>>27949146
>>B2W2 is almost always near the middle or bottom of the same normies/games journalism lists

Prove it.

This "hurr normies hate gen 5" is the dumbest meme of all time.
>>
>>27949146
/vp/ hats HGSS? Most people here call HGSS, Platinum, BW2 the "golden age" of Pokemon games.
>>
>>27949899
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/27853956/#27853956

An example.

For reference, BW1 is usually high-mid if listed separately from B2W2.
>>
>>27950000
Now can you be honest with me?
>>
>>27949146
>normies/games journalism outlets consistently label them as the best Pokémon games of all time
Holy shit, I was just about to make a thread about this.

Here's a game /vp/. You believe that HS/SS solved the issues with Gold/Silver, but what were those issues?

Seriously, no one ever fucking talks about this shit, in the best case scenario, you just get trolled by all the people who think that Gen 2 was the best gen and therefore has no issues whatsoever.
>>
>>27949285
I think you're really underestimating the autism on this board anon. I mean we're all 20+ years old and we constantly bitch and shit on each other over a children's game.
>>
>>27950079
My best guess is the physical/special split and Kanto being an afterthought
>>
>>27950079
I wouldn't say it solved everything, but it put stuff in that was taken out in the base game and made certain things less tedious. Getting to level 100 is a lot less painful when you can have call up gym leaders for rematches. They put back the Safari Zone and restored the Viridian Forest which was absolutely nothing in G/S/C.
>>
>>27950236
Not to mention the Kanto legendaries and their respective dungeons.
>>
>>27949146
Awful level curve is a fact. Only GSC is worse than HGSS. However other features of HGSS are good, great or just neat and HGSS will always be among the best Pokemon games. I don't mind Kanto in HGSS because it's way more developed than in GSC, I actually consider it one of many advantages.
Gen V is better though. Normies only hate it because of new mons. Yes, some of them look weird but at the same time Gen V mons are easily the most viable for gameplay and that makes them grow on people. Anyone who honestly gives Gen V a try knows how great those games are.
>>
We can at least all agree ORAS is the worst, right?
>>
>>27950376
S&M is looking like it'll be even worse than ORAS.
>>
>>27949146
it really, REALLY does...
>>
>>27950400
Agreed.
>>
>>27950370
Gen V is in a weird spot for me. I really like B2/W2, but I fucking hate B/W.
>>
>>27949146
>/vp/ is starting to hate these games

The three or so shitposters in one thread convinced you?

These are still the preferred games of the board, along with BW2, Platinum and Emerald
>>
>>27950400
>>27950439
>/vp/ absolutely loved Sun and Moon and thought they were the best
>Alola forms of Kanto Pokémon and ridable Charizard were revealed
>/vp/ thinks Sun and Moon will be terrible

Never change
>>
>>27950445
I'm curious why people hated BW so much.
It's completely underrated.
>>
>>27950513
*were going to be the best
>>
>>27950531
No old Pokémon, and that's about it - but it's a pretty big deal. If its dex was more like B2W2 then people would look back at them more fondly, maybe even as the best in the series.
>>
>>27950370
I agree 100% about the Pokemon, a lot of the gen 5 pokes have become my bros from just being awesome for in-game runs.
>>
>>27950565
Fucking normies and their Pokemon distribution

Only having gen 5 Pokemon was really refreshing
>>
>>27949146
>starting
Nigger, only a minority thought they were the best here before the XY wave brought you normalfags in. HGSS were always thought as average games but now nostalgiafaggots start spamming it as the best and people are simply calling them out on their bullshit more.
>>
>>27950531
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure. I actually liked the pokemon selection even though a lot of people complained. I had to force myself to finish it though and even after I transferred some pokemon to it I just stopped in the middle of postgame stuff. I got tired of N's talking, getting stopped everywhere, tons of pokemon I liked taking billions of years to evolve.
>>
File: BW as seen by normies.png (337KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
BW as seen by normies.png
337KB, 500x338px
>>27950531
>>27950595
I absolutely loved BW back when they were released. They were my favorite games at the time, and I loved most of the Unova Pokémon. That said, I can't come back to them because XY got me attached to my old favorites from Kanto, and at this point BW don't really feel like Pokémon games anymore. Although it is a great feeling to see the Unova Pokémon fully integrated with the old favorites in XY and ORAS.

At least we have BBVW
>>
>>27950603
>nostalgia
>for a Gen 4 game
>>
>>27949215
That would be a valid complaint in G/S/C but in HG/SS they mostly fixed Kanto.
>>
>>27950653
Coming back to HGSS, I'm reminded of how nonlinear Pokémon regions used to be. They're easily my favorites in the series now partly because of that.
>>
>>27950445
I got back (Diamond turned me off with SLOWness, bad looking mons, poor selection of new mons and disappointing art) into Pokemon with Platinum and HGSS (considered them to be the best Pokemon games at the time) but when BW came my love exploded. I played every game outside of Gen VI more or less as they were coming out and BW is the only one with 10/10 in my book.
I loved how it referenced Gen I many times (Rogenrolla line, Throh and Sawk being actually good fighting pair), I loved the actually decent story, I loved amazing music and while I disliked most of Gen V Pokemon at the start, I learned to like many of them as I used them. It also felt surprisingly good to be thrown into a completely new region without anything known from past games (except that Pikachu in Castellia city), exploring it was a lot of fun. It was more challenging than other games, the exp change was a great idea and the battles were much more dynamic than before.
>>
>>27950699
It's Kanto, Johto and Kalos that are associated with normies. Unova is associated with contrarian hipsters.
>>
>>27950672
As in nostalgia tinted glasses are the only things that make HGSS "great" by reminding them of GSC.

Also Gen IV was almost a decade ago.
>>
>>27949295

>Wanting Pokemon games to have stories.

You people disgust me.
>>
>>27950653
HGSS had those problems too except the linearity bit, they were worse in HGSS in fact.
>>
>>27950513
>90% garbage pokemon designs
>Most of the good designs are alola forms
>even the alola forms have shit designs (just look at Raichu)
>going to be the best
like no one ever was

The only good things this generation is the region (Hoenn done right) and the IV training mechanic.
>>
>>27950709
B/W is where I was considering quitting. There wasn't a lot I wanted to use until later in the game. I wanted Bisharp, he comes right before the last gym. And 10-13 levels before evolving so you have to put up with some weak ass unevolved mon near the end of the game. Same deal with Mienfoo. Or Haxorus. Then you had Volcarona or Hydreigon which were even worse with that. Then there was the whole deal with abilities, Cute Charm Minccino isn't worth crap. Then everyone wanted to stop you, from N to gym leaders to whatever. Maybe I was just getting burned out hard.
>>
>>27950616
>>27950565

>No one used the dreamworld
>>
>>27950531

Being stopped every route for the story, being guided by NPCs to take the paths they wanted me to take, limited selection of Pokemon until half was into the game, no fishing until post-game, those early Pokemon being generally shit in terms of stats making leveling them up a total bore, hand holding in the first half the game is excessive, bland rivals and NPCs that the game pretends are interesting.

I liked them my first time through a lot but replying recently was like torture.
>>
>>27950734
Or maybe people liked them?

They have tonnes of great things about them that you will write off as bad because you dislike it personallyb
>>
>>27949146
HG/SS aren't bad games, but they just aren't as good as loads of people make them out to be.
>>
File: girlcrystal.gif (14KB, 160x281px) Image search: [Google]
girlcrystal.gif
14KB, 160x281px
>>27949215
and Lyra replacing Kris.
>>
>>27950871
Please do tell me, I genuinely want to understand how only being able to catch shitmons for half of the game, the post-game being bare bones even though they had a whole different region to work with, the shitty level curve and the Gym Leaders being total shit while most not even using Johtomons is "great"

>b-but muh following pokemon!

It's a game with huge flaws that are overloaded with gimmicks to hide those said flaws and Johtoddlers fell for it hook line and sinker.
>>
>>27950970
EGGIE! DRUG
BAG FUCK
>>
>>27950678

Kanto being designed for easy backtracking is what ends up being it's problem in HGSS, and even GSC to some degree.

The game having the major shortcuts all unlocked right away makes Kanto just a breeze to rush through.
>>
>>27949146

My hate for HG/SS lies in the fact that they're just gimmicks upon gimmicks to try and make Gen 2 look good(even though it's really Gen 4 that fixed Gen 2)
>>
>>27950826
>I wanted Bisharp, he comes right before the last gym. And 10-13 levels before evolving so you have to put up with some weak ass unevolved mon near the end of the game. Same deal with Mienfoo. Or Haxorus.
That was intentional so that you actually use early forms. I understand your criticism and it annoyed me on my first playthrough too but a couple of fights with Audino could fix this problem if you were in a rush.

>There wasn't a lot I wanted to use until later in the game.
See, that's what I'm talking about. Gen V is the only generation in which majority of the Pokemon are viable. As long as you don't decide on Liepard being your main mon, it's hard to go wrong. You can even successfully use slow mons like Gigalith, Reuniclus or Ferrothorn.
>>
>>27951102

The only flaw HGSS doesn't fix is the level curve. They redistribute mons, they fix Kanto's size, and then they add a ton of stuff on top of that.

But GSC's terrible level curve is generally reproduced with a few exceptions.
>>
>>27951156

Just can't bring myself to like Gen 2 which gets passes despite having the worst Pokemon and having its region cut in half because Iwata wanted to reuse half of Gen 1.
>>
>>27951204

It's region was not cut in half. Iwata put Kanto in the game after Johto was already finished because he felt like the fans deserved more. And Johto is more or less the same size as Kanto. Just a bit smaller.

The reason it feels shorter is because, much like Kanto, it's built with shortcuts and easy backtracking in mind. It makes the region incredibly easy to travel through once you've started clearing those shortcuts up like Sudowoodo for example.
>>
>>27950770
>>90% garbage designs

Your fault for having bad taste
>>
>>27951132
I don't mind using unevolved forms. But by the time you get to use them, you're fighting shit like Zebstrika, Darmanitan, Durant, Excadrill, there's no way in hell an unevolved pokemon is gonna take fuckers like that on unless they're that good, even with Eviolite. I also take a strict no grind policy when I play these games. I ended up just smashing through most things with Lilligant and Samurott while babying a bunch of weak assholes.
>>
>>27949146
Both HG/SS and BW2 are my top games actually. I couldn't hate any of them.
>>
>>27951327

False. Iwata had to compress Johto in order to fit in Kanto. About 60%~ of the game is Johto, meaning it's 60% of a region. Which is idiotic.
>>
>>27951414
I'd rank B2W2 very highly, but not AT the top because I like to take casual/genwunner perspectives into account too.

For that reason, I'd rank RBY more highly than BW1 despite being the most horribly outdated games in the series - they were good for the time and kickstarted this whole mega-media franchise.
>>
>>27949146
The further you get away from release date, the more its online exclusive features become useless. What you are left with is a slower version of GSC with the Physical/Special split and abilities. Most gentoo mons have ass abilities, and the physical/psecial split didn't affect many gentoo/genwun mons greatly since it is only gen 4 when gamefreak starts making mons to really show off the split.
>>
>>27950923
So your problem with Pokemon game was that you didn't train your Pokemon and the game was too hard? Wow.
How about you praise it for having a proper repel system and offering some challenge?
Grass in BW isn't even hard to avoid. I'd say it's the best out of all games considering its placement and variety (normal, tall, shaking). The encounter rate in normal grass isn't high either.
>>
>>27951447
Gen V is even more dependent on online exclusive features, and suffers even worse as a result.
>>
>>27949263
Gameplay wise, BW2 was better. Story wise, I guess BW1 wwas better, but I hated both Cheren/Bianca more than Hugh and his "muh purrloin" angst.
>>
someone tell me why anyone would consider naming a rehash as their favorite games, just say that you like gold/silver or ruby/sapphire. they are the same fucking games.
>>
>>27951629
>The game was boring and annoying to get through.
What the fuck. I don't comprehend.
>>
>>27951660
No, cretin. They're completely different.
>>
>>27951660

But they're really not.

GSC and HGSS, and FRLG/RBG for that matter, are similar but are entirely separate games.

A bit less true with ORAS and RS though but they're still different enough.
>>
>>27951490
BW2 is dependent on that stuff. But BW1 has the great thing of having one of the best stories of the franchise and only gen 5 mons in the playthrough. It is a unique experience. HGSS doesn't have that to distinguish it.
>>
>>27949245
/vp/ genuinely enjoyed B/W so their taste cannot be trusted
>>
>>27951743
>>27951747
can you tell me how they are different? honest examples please. besides the updated graphics, the story is the same, and map layouts are the same.
>>
>>27951542
Gameplaywise it really isn't now. BW1 has only gen 5 mons while BW2 you deal with mons you've seen a million times. The story is also worse in BW2. And there is subtle things like the Ghetsis nerf. All the little bonus stuff is postgame or deals with battlan like tutors and shit. Going back now, BW1 is definitely the better experience and holds up better.
>>
>>27951779
The sad thing is that Game Freak more or less gave up on the soft reboot promised by Gen 5; we probably won't get any Unova followups, and none of the Gen 5 Pokémon have become iconic series staples (so we didn't get any in Smash and only got Chandelure in Pokkén, for instance). In a twist of fate, it's one reason why I lost interest in Gen 5.
>>
>>27951794
Read the thread for example. Or use google, moron.
>>
>>27951840
nice examples mate, perfect counter argument.
>>
>>27951794

FRLG isn't a broken mess for one.

HGSS has new features, minigames, and story elements. Kanto is an entirely rebuilt Kanto instead of a chopped up and limited one. It also redistributes the Pokemon better. It's also built on gen IV's engine, which plays differently from the gen II engine.

ORAS and RS are a bit more similar but they still have a decent amount of changes to them. And they're a lot easier than RS too.
>>
>>27951824
>More variation rather than patrat everywhere
>Pokestar studios wasn't postgame
>BW1's postgame was finding the other sages
>Dating sim sidequest
>PWT was one of the best additions to the series
>Colress

To be honest, Neo-Team Plasma was the better team, but I liked the climax of all the gym leaders, Alder, and you vs. Team Plasma/N/Ghetsis at the end, that's all.
>>
b/w took me twice as long to beat b2/w2, having completely new pokemon while being restricted to them and learning their types/weaknesses was a fresh change compared to fighting billion zubats and geodudes.
>>
>>27949215
No kris
Level scaling still awful
Mon selection somewhat ratified but still terrible
Too many gen 2 mons still kanto only
Gym leaders still don't use gen 2 pokemon
Gen 4 slow engine
Safari zone takes literal months for some pokemon to appear
Kanto is still barren
Kantos level scaling is as shit as ever

basically they fixed nothing from GSC.
>>
>>27951909
for me, who prefers going through the story up to the elite 4, would i have a new experience playing the rehashes? i dont bother doing sidequests or breeding/trading, just want to enjoy the story seeing new things.
>>
>>27951794
>Story is the same
Admins have personalities, more dialogue, Silver is confirmed to be Giovanni's son, and geishas have a role (leading you to Lugia/Ho-Oh (rather than something you could possibly encounter by yourself in game), minigames, certain Pokemon that were only available in Kanto in the post-game are now available in Johto (Houndour), gym leader rematches, auto run button, etc.

However the level scaling was the main issue.
>>
I've been buying and re-selling these recently with the Pokemon Go craze.
I'm done for now because demand is much lower, but I made some good money for very little effort:
>Bough HG with retail box and pokewalker for $70, sold for $225
>Bough a kind of dodgy copy of HG with case and pokewalker for $150, sold the card only for $135, kept case and Pokewalker
>Bough HG card only for $30 off a friend, kept it for myself with the case from the other one.
>Bought HG for $125, sold for $190
>Bough SS for $125, sold for $150
>Bough SS for $44, keeping for myself

I could try sell more, but I'd worry it wouldn't be as profitable
>>
>>27951033
I've never had a problem with the poke.on I could catch. I had a Her across and Togetic by Whitney and could have gotten an Azumarill.

The Gym Leaders being shit is just your opinion and not an argument with tackling. But Whitney, Jasmine, Bugsy and Clair are all popular leaders.

As for the post game, you're simply just wrong. And bias

>>27951970
Almost all of the "Kanto only" Mons are available in the Safari Zone
>>
>>27949146
I found FRLG, Platinum, HGSS, and BW easy as hell, but I found BW2 to be actually difficult somehow. Perhaps I'm just mentally deteriorating.
>>
>>27951490
Like what features?
>>
>>27951490
Not really.... Gen 6 is.

The dream world is kill though join avenue and entralink are still up
>>
Answer me this guys:

Is B2W2 worth getting on Amazon while I wait for SM? How ded is the online shit, and how bad does it affect the game? Is it better than BW?
>>
>>27954902
The online stuff is not as essential as people say. You can get Hidden Ability mins in Hidden Grottos, and Funfest Missions and Join Avenue are both playable with local play or by yourself.

Its subjective if its a better story but the game play is better with a larger region and more to do.
>>
I got a complaint with HGSS that rarely gets brought up.
The item distribution is awful.
Every good TM, hold item or evolution item is either Kanto, a random chance from a day of the week based event, or an expensive prize from Voltorb Flip. I'm at the elite four now and most of my mons have shit moves cause they have gen 4 garbage levelup moves
>>
>>27949146
Can someone explain to me why people are asking 300$ for one copy of these games? Is eBay just filled with autists?
>>
>>27954902
Online shit is nonessential, and also completely ded.
Like Nintendo shut the server down ded
>>
>>27949146
lelwhat
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.