[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

What if they made a game where the bad guy actually wins instead of being beat by some 10 year old?

Would it be the best game in the series? Maybe a bit too dark for kids to handle? I feel it is needed. It's time to move away from the "hurr durr the power of friendship always prevails" meme.

Gamefreak could create a whole new series starting from Gen 1. An alternate where Giovanni actual met his goals and does as he pleases and you travel through that kanto, all the way to a world where Flaming hair san used the ultimate weapon, creating an apocalyptic kalos.
>>
>>27944690
>10 years old
Get out, retarded
>>
>>27944725
Calling me out for being a retard yet uses the word in correctly.
Retard*

Here's your (you).

Also look up the lore of the characters before you talk shit, faggot.
>>
>>27944690
Try that game if it comes out and tell us if its the best game ever, because it's what you wanted:

http://www.tyrannygame.com/
>>
You are so retarded, you could be beat by some 10 year old.
>>
>>27944690
they did that already, it was called ruby and sapphire, team aqua/magma got what they wanted, when kyogre/groundon wake up

so they technically won, even if they regretted it after, and had to have the kid fix it
>>
I think we need to se what happened to cyrus
>>
>>27944872
Pretty sure their actual goals were making the land/sea recover most of the planet, the legendaries were just means to an end.
>>
Starting the story after the villain has already won is incomparably lazy writing. I'd rather see an instance of the villain is setting up his evil machine, and just as you're about to stop him a pair of henchmen hold you over long enough for the big bad to have his way.

>>27944872
I'd love a Pokemon game where Magma/Aqua had gotten their way and you have to traverse a flooded/deserted Hoenn region. But I can't imagine they could pull that off well unless it was in a linear Colosseum-esque spinoff.
>>
>>27944766
>In correctly
>>
>>27944766
Main characters are usually between 12 and 16
>>
>>27944959
>and you have to traverse a flooded...
Wouldn't change much tbqh
>>
>>27945011
what's the difference between a 10 year old and a 12 year old?
>>
>>27944690
No, because a game where the protag loses isn't satisfying. I would be disappointed with the game, let alone the children who are forced to lose in the game.

What fucking era do we live in where players want to be forced to lose?
>>
>>27945074
Consent.
>>
>>27945094
OP is probably a salty anime-only fag who wants the players to experience the massive butthurt he's experiencing.
>>
>>27944690
I'd kind of like a Pokemon game where the natural world is already in at least somewhat of a precarious state. The Orre games may count, but I think it'd be a neat shift in tone to confront steady, ongoing threats to the world, not isolated and utterly-cataclysmic ones.
>>
>>27944690
Just because you grew up and got tired of the good guy winning doesn't mean you should alienate the rest of the fan base by ruining the tried and true style of pokemon that allowed the franchise to survive and prosper up to this day.
>>
>>27945099
>implying consent means shit

In my state, after you are 13 you can fuck whoever you want as long as they are within 4 years of age. The fun ends when you are 21 though.
>>
>>27945115
>P R O J E C T I N G
>>27945144
I never said anything about "ruining" the current games we have now. I'm talking about starting an alternate series where things are different to meet the taste of what other people would like to see.
>>
>>27945208
Problem is there is no outstanding demand for it, you underestimate the sheer amount of resources and time to get a game or animation like that out there, there are more popular things that those resources could be used to fuel, and you work under the assumption that despite these points, your proposed idea will succeed despite the fact that pokemon has always generally marketed itself toward young kids that typically dislike what you're proposing and older fans that would support your idea are a fair minority.
>>
File: 12050473.jpg (26KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
12050473.jpg
26KB, 600x450px
>>27945208
>P R O J E C T I N G
>the adult's version of "I know you are but what am I"

Admit it. You're an assmad Ashfag.
>>
File: 1467293963024.jpg (5KB, 161x175px) Image search: [Google]
1467293963024.jpg
5KB, 161x175px
>>27944690
you are so fucking stupid
>>
>>27944690
So, a leader that has already high leveled mons from the beginning?
>>
So it would mean that it would have to go up to Gen 4 because then the universe would be destroyed. Eh, its not like Team Plasma or Flare were intimidating anyway. Dont even remember what Team Plasma's overall goal was.
>>
A mature tone in any pokemon related media would be much appreciated in my book. I think a second anime that would be geared towards an older audience could do very well. But i'm not sure a mature pokemon game would sell very well.
>>
>>27945699
It'll be fine as long as they advertise it as a new pokemon game, and not a mature one.
>>
>>27944690
Like you siad, too dark. But if you really want the nemesis team to win you could have them be the good guys all along while the protagonist is being manipulated by some other evil dude (like an evil minister/president/king).
>>
File: 1471383964417.png (162KB, 284x346px) Image search: [Google]
1471383964417.png
162KB, 284x346px
>>27945074
two years?
>>
>>27944768
That game looks like shit.
>>
>>27945730
>Game unfolds as pretty standard
>Villain team encounters, etc.
>They're just passionate freedom fighters attempting to undermine and overthrow a corrupt League government
>The very same League that's been manipulating you against them from the start
>Which includes the Professor
>And your Mom, the Champion

I'd be down tbqh, might be fun
>>
>>27945699
It wouldn't. Enfranchised players are getting older, so we want more mature stuff. An eight year old that started with Diamond/Pearl would be 18 this year.

Pokemon is a kids game, we don't need this edgy shit.
>>
>>27945867
>Enfranchised players are getting older, so we want more mature stuff.
>we don't need this edgy shit.
You just contradicted yourself.

But Pokemon is a popular enough franchise that devs could release a darker toned game and it could still sell well. Bear in mind that "dark" doesn't exclusively mean "guns, blood, cursing, and sex".

Give Digimon Tamers a watch. It's a perfect example of the direction a more mature Pokemon anime could be.
>>
>>27944690

>What if they made a game where the bad guy actually wins instead of being beat by some 10 year old?

As an anon said earlier, RSE was that game, as much as it could get. They are wrong however, because they wanted a universal ecosystem, which didn't happen.

The key is in creating a villainous team with plausible motivations and goals that could legitimately be fulfilled without destroying the world/universe, which was the case only with Team Rocket, and may be the case with Team Skull (too bad Alola is shit).

But to answer the question, they would never make such a game. Even if the goal was acheived, the kid would just undo everything immediately afterward.

>Would it be the best game in the series?

No. A game with an interesting and high stakes, powerful villain (like Cyrus, best antagonist) would be best.

>Maybe a bit too dark for kids to handle?

No.

>I feel it is needed. It's time to move away from the "hurr durr the power of friendship always prevails" meme.

>implying this didn't only begin with Unova

>Gamefreak could create a whole new series starting from Gen 1. An alternate where Giovanni actual met his goals and does as he pleases and you travel through that kanto, all the way to a world where Flaming hair san used the ultimate weapon, creating an apocalyptic kalos.

I've been dreaming of a Pokemon RPG with choices like in Knights of the Old Republic for a long time. I don't want your fantasy anymore than I want what we currently get now, which is a linear story where nothing you do matters.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.