[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

Discuss.
>>
>>27925173
Ash deserved to win.
>>
>>27925262
lolno
>>
>>27925262
>This delusional
Apologize.
>>
>>27925262
>still mad
>>
>>27925173
>the guy she tells you not to worry about
Muh feels
>>
>>27925173
Shitposting aside, Alain is cute. He'll probably get dropped after XY, so I hope he gets a nice ending with Manon.
>>
File: DORAGON KUROU.jpg (128KB, 728x542px) Image search: [Google]
DORAGON KUROU.jpg
128KB, 728x542px
>>27926083
S-sorry, anon.

Also, threadly post.
>>
>>27926131
DORAGON KUROU

Thanks based Alain
>>
>>27926131
DORAGON KUROU
>>
>>27925173
Why is Alain the best character in the series, by far?
>>
>>27926252
Because his motivations actually make fucking sense and he's actually a competent trainer.
>>
>>27926131
dragoon klaw
>>
How stupid did anyone have to be to think Ash would win? He never does. The Pokemon anime is the epitome of status quo.
>>
>>27926320
Close enough.
>>
>>27926409
Do you think Mairin gets jealous of Charizard?
>>
File: Friends.png (1MB, 1280x720px)
Friends.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>27926589
Probably. At least a bit.
>>
>>27926252
>best character
>not James
I WISH they'd let him be an actual character.
>>
>>27926319
It helps that Alain has a leprechaun to give him the luck of the Irish.
>>
>>27926698
I wish I had a monster bro like that.
>>
>>27926252
I wouldn't say best but it's pretty good.

He has clearly defined goals (be the strongest mega trainer + make Manon happy), he's actually allowed to progress and his story will get an ending. It's simple as that. Compared to Ash whose story isn't allowed to end (executives believe him winning a league will end it).

Alan got shown getting his ass beat a lot of times at the start, training by fighting elite 4s and legendaries, getting stronger and succeeding afterwards. We see him reaching his high point by winning the league and seeing Manon smile.

Then he'll get an arc where he realizes that he's been working for the evil team and he'll fall from grace. This is his low point. After that, he'll get a redemption story where he becomes a good guy again and his story will end. This is his ending.

It's a simple story with lows, highs and a clearly defined ending that everyone can understand. Ash can't have that so it's actually unfair to compare the two. Ash's story is to serve as an endless advertisement for the games.
>>
File: 49403374_p1.png (604KB, 714x1036px)
49403374_p1.png
604KB, 714x1036px
>>27926916
Can you imagine how comfy it would be to travel with a Charizard and your loli?
>>
>>27927070
>Ash's story is to serve as an endless advertisement for the games.

This, he travels with regional girl, captures a regional starter and bird then loses to a regional rival.
>>
>>27927070
Ash's story sounds more like a hellish limbo than a story. I pity him. The real MC of the XYZ arc is clearly Alain.
>>
>>27927070
I'm all for seeing his association with Team Flare biting him in the ass. It'd be interesting from a story standpoint to see.
>>
>>27927093
>those body proportions
Dear god, whoever drew this is terrible
>>
>>27926131
DORAGON KUROU
>>
>>27929509
I doubt the writers have the balls to do that, and if they did, the execs would tell them no.
>>
>>27926131
DORAGON KOROU, I have the edge
>>
>>27926252
>platonic love interest
>lofty goals
>competent trainer + battler
>every time he gets into a fight its with either a elite 4/champion mon, mega evo mon or a legendary, none of that mon of the week bullshit

Not to mention he does sick ass poses. His DORAGON KUROU and BURASTO BAAN never fail to put a smile on my face.
>>
>>27925262
>hurr hurr hurr he deserves to win because he is MC hurr hurr hurr
>hurr hurr hurr stacy is a dumb bitch for prefering chad over me hurr hurr hurr
>>
>>27931943
>lofty goals
>competent trainer + battler
>every time he gets into a fight its with either a elite 4/champion mon, mega evo mon or a legendary, none of that mon of the week bullshit

now how can we translate this into autist languages so ashfags can finally shut the fuck up and go back to their mom's basement?
>>
>>27932157
Stop being retarded. If the MC is a complete failure, he shouldn't be the MC in first place. The only reason to tell someone's story is if it's interessing. Ash's story is shit, he shouldn't be the MC.
>>
>>27932231
wrong, ash story exist to showcase the pokemon of the week, he is just propaganda anon, stop caring so much because /nostalgia/, like yeah I liked kanto/OG and even jhotto, but stopped at hoenn and beyond, and not because he lost leagues or anything, but because every damn chapter was the same shit over and over, ash autisticly bumping into whatever autistic fag was wandering in the road, this fag has an interesting pokemon and a retarded problem regarding this pokemon, team rocket watching from the distances, making up retarded uses for that showcased pokemon, they disguise terribly but ash gets tricked for the 500th time, pikachu use thunderbolt, autistic faggot learn something from the showcased pokemon and the cycles restart over and over and over until the next gym, I gave XYZ a shot because ash fags were praising it so much, it was a slight improve, but the pattern was still there, like I just couldnt see that so called "building-up" faggots were talking about, and im quiting the anime again, not for the loss, I think alain deserved it, Im quiting because the anime is vile propaganda, 80% of the time is filler, and this is just personal thought, I think the ash-greninja plot device is retarded because now every time he win its because retarded memefrog, not because he improved, and so the story drowns more in the shit, I fucking bet you that if ash had won this board would be full of retards shitting on ash for being carried by plot device shit instead of autist talking about howunfair and OP is zardX, but ofc not mentioning the fact that pikachu defeated both a tyranitar and a metagross or how ashgreninja can endure a frenzy plant/leaf storm frommega sceptile.
TL;DR stop fucking giving so much fucks about an anime aimed to be barinwashing propaganda for kids, you wanna have a serious anime to discuss? take fucking ash out and start writing an actual story
>>
>>27926698
Charizard is grabbing Alain's ass
>>
File: 1471603906797.png (53KB, 331x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471603906797.png
53KB, 331x320px
>>27931943
>platonic
Well meme'd.
>>
File: BURAAAASTO BAAAAAN.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BURAAAASTO BAAAAAN.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>27932206
I don't know really. I mean I never used Ash for wish fulfillment at any point in following the anime so it didn't matter to me whether he won/lost, only if he won/lost to a worthy opponent. Harrison/Tyson/Alain were fine, Cameron/Tobias were not.

If anything the mega evolution specials and flare arc made me sympathize with Alain a lot more. The moment that sealed it was when Ash-Greninja didn't get the usual OP during its powerboost while X Zard got a fucking badass transformation theme. It confirmed my suspicions that they probably weren't going to let Ash win because honestly, the protagonist of the main series ever since Alain's introduction has been him.
>>
>>27926131
Dora gonna kurou
>>
>>27933923
He has an actual plot going around him, meanwhile is too busy doing "'muh pokemon of the week" to develop an actual plot
>>
>>27934110
Im an autist, I tried to say
>He has an actual plot going around him, meanwhile ash* is too busy doing "'muh pokemon of the week" to develop an actual plot
>>
>>27931943
Also:

>BTFOd Ash and his fags at the same time
>Cares about people
>Is rough on the outside but is really friendly once you know him

I sympathize with the last one a lot
>>
>>27934324
People shits too much on him for his OP zardX but they just dont want to acknowledge that zardX became stronger from fighting stronger trainers, you know, what you actually have to do to be the very best, but noooo, ash and his plot hackmon deserved the win more because 'muh childhood
>>
>>27934395
>Actual strength and determination beats Muh Power of friendship

Feels good.

I was so happy when he won, I woke my roommate up
>>
>>27926131

TREASON DISCHARGE
>>
>>27934432
just like real life anon, just like real life, and Im glad to live on a world were you harvest what you plant, fuck ash and those losers who try to reflect themselves on ash, hoping that their pathetic life will make a 360 turn from nowhere and just being lazy faggots in general, you want to be the very best? work for it everyday cuz life isnt gonna give you a hackmon
>>
>>27926131
DORAGON KUROU
>>
>>27926131
DORAGON KUROU
>>
>>27934471
HITOTSU NI
>>
>>27926131
BURASTU BAAN
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.