[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people care so much about this literal non-character?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (133KB, 412x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
133KB, 412x640px
Why do people care so much about this literal non-character?
>>
Was going to write a counter argument, but I can't deny the power of those trips, you are right.
>>
>>27924999
>absolutely no character development in 20 fucking years
>literally the same plot every new region
>that fucking voice
>>
>>27924999
He has a magic asspulled Greninja that made him win the 8th badge and reach the final. Do you want to waste it?
>>
Because he's the same as every Anon. Someone who started out as a dumb kid and, instead of moving forward with their life, growing and developing, he's fucking up, making the same mistakes over and over again and can't get anything right even after all these years. People wanted Ash to win for some sense of vindication for their own failed lives, and his defeat just further cemented the fact that no, they're never gonna get it, at least not through this piece of shit show.
>>
I have no idea. The Pokemon anime is a mad lib written commercial for the games. Getting invested in it is just flat out stupid, since it will keep running with the same plot until the games are no longer profitable.
>>
>>27924999
Self-insertion or childhood character that they just want to see succeed. The former are weird but the latter are alright.

There are those who think he's a truly interesting character too. Like they'll write paragraphs about how he's a well written character. How that's possible, I don't know but they're there. Even when he's become more of an action figure for an advertisement whose personality changes depending on the situation/region instead of being a character.
>>
Would of been okay if he won without asspull greninja snowflake shit.
>>
Because A LOT of people got their hopes up that something they've been kind of waiting for for 20 years would happen. Tons of people wanted to see him win the league, and when everyone started to think he would win now, they were all disappointed.

That's the only reason. It's something almost all of us wanted as a kid, so even people who don't follow the anime started to get hyped with memories of unfulfilled childhood yearning.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.