[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crabrawler has James Turner written all over it. Just look at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

File: crabrawler.png (145KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
crabrawler.png
145KB, 500x500px
Crabrawler has James Turner written all over it. Just look at it. The fucked up colors and eyes are a dead giveaway.
>>
I like the colors.

Finally can finish my purple team.
>>
>>27915132
>Fucked up colors

/vp/ literally has no idea what its talking about, ever.
>>
>>27915132
>you will never live the James Turner dream
>>
File: JamesTurner.png (225KB, 637x565px) Image search: [Google]
JamesTurner.png
225KB, 637x565px
I hope designed over 6 new Pokémon in SM.
>>
>>27915132
The only thing I don't really like is that hideous horn, and the fact that it is pure fighting. Other than that its cool
>>
>>27915201

go learn basic art
>>
>it doesnt learn Crabhammer
>>
File: image.jpg (183KB, 955x464px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183KB, 955x464px
>>
>>27915432
I have a feeling he designed Mimikyu
>>
>>27915432
Vanillite line takes a shit after the first form but I love Golett and Phantump lines enough to forgive him.
>>
>>27915563
Coconut crabs don't live in water that's why, it's clever that it isn't water type but it still sucks he doesn't get access to STAB crabhammer and a good defensive type
>>
>>27915582
Are you trying to tell me Crabrawler isn't purple?
>>
>>27915582
Basic art says that these colors are good, faggot.
>>
>>27915432
>two shitmons and two GOATmon lines

there is no middle ground for this guy
>>
>>27915615
You know what, someone or a few group of people should make an encyclopedia of all Pokemon alongside its real animal counterparts or even myths and legends (to go with Dragon Legendaries and stuff).
>>
>>27915132
Good job James
>>
>>27915563
>hideous horn
It's its antennae fashioned into a pompadour
>>
>>27915582
the colors are fine

i bet you're wearing all brown right now

aren't you
>>
>>27915595
It learn crabhammer it was on his reveal trailer show on the opening of the world championships
>>
>>27915657

I'm pretty sure he's implying you don't understand color theory and compisition
>>
>>27915582
Drawfag here. The colors work well together and you're a faggot.
>>
>>27915793
Well he doesn't either.
>>
>>27915432
>designed based Golurk, Mandibuzz, and Trevenant

This guy is good.
>>
Can't want to have a Crab Battle with all the crustacean Pokemon
>>
>>27915816
Another drawfag here. Can confirm >>27915582 is full of shit.
>>
>>27915582
A huge basis of color theory is pairing harmonious colors with an offset of an opposing color.

In this case, Blue and Purple are both harmonious being cool colors right next to each other on the color wheel.

The cream color is a middle ground between Orange (Blue's contrast) and Yellow (Purple's contrast), and then dulled as to not be overtly striking and keep a cooler color palette. This is basic color theory.

To further explain why you're wrong, this also mirrors the color scheme of many actual crabs.
So fuck off.
>>
Dude it's a sick pokemon. Why are people trying to force that it's 'bad'? there is literally nothing bad
>>
>>27915711
I really wish they would have fashioned the antenna into a dapper handlebar moustache like those old timey boxers had
>>
>That eye

Oh, it's supposed to look like a swollen eyelid.
>>
>>27915937
I agree that would have been great, but the pompadour is good too.
>>
>>27915937
There's still a chance it gets an evo
>>
>>27915885
>>27915816
Third drawfag here, >>27915582 confirmed for unknowing faggot
>>
>>27915645
This, crabhammer fits this thing in every way possible, yet it won't get STAB from
It
>>
>>27915132
Literally Rocky: The Pokemon.
>>
>>27915582
Fourth drawfag. You are a faggot
>>
>>27916006
lmao drawfag here too, and you're wrong. New pokemon are garbage in every way.
>>
>>27916094
That has nothing to do with color theory, faggot.
>>
>>27916094
You're either a liar or a shitty drawfag then. See: >>27915917
>>
they had the perfect chance to name this guy HITMONCRAB AND THEY FUCKING BLEW IT
>>
>>27916042
Coconut crabs can't swim, so it makes sense it isn't water. Luckily crabhammer is already plenty strong and gives it talonflame coverage
>>
>>27916170
Because it's not related to the Hitmons in any way.
>>
>>27915132
If coconut crab anon is still alive i wonder if he is happy now
>>
>>27916245
I'm not that obnoxious faggot, but I'm half satisfied.

On one hand, I love this guys design.

On the other, I was hoping for a huge moving fortress type thing, mirroring how huge they are.
>>
>>27915999

I don't know, this seems fully evolved to me. Maybe we'll get a cute prevo.
>>
>>27915132
Not criticising his art, but how exactly did he manage to become a Pokémon designer?
I mean, what are the requirements? Before him, I used to think being Japanese was a requirement. And I was obviously wrong.
>>
>>27915582
You first
>>
>>27915132
>Is neither a water type nor a bug type
How does that work?
I thought it was terrestrial crustaceans (Dwebble) were bug type and marine ones (Krabby, Corphish, Binacle, etc) were water type?
>>
>>27915132
So are the eyes mimicking Rocky or does he just have a bruised eye?
>>
>>27916241
just make it an alolan evolution from tyrogue
>>
>>27916424
go fuck yourself, retard. you dumb fuck die in a fucking car accident you fucker get in a car crash. you bitch cunt, you're mother is the biggest whore i fucked her mouth. i fucked you're mothers mouth and i cum. you are the biggest nigger, i will break your legs fucking piss boy. piss master, i will shoot you in the dick. get off my board kid
>>
>>27916557
Jeez. It just has a different feeling than the other pure fighting type Pokémon.
>>
>>27916557
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>27916424
I really don't think Gamefreak is that concerned with type dedication. I mean, they made a palm tree into a Dragon type.

Type's are elementals, not categories. If a pokemon isn't a type, its because its not part of that element, even if they might thrive in an environment associated with that element. Really just as simple as that.
>>
>>27915132
James Turner is my fucking hero
>>
File: file.png (882KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
882KB, 1280x720px
>>27916684
>I mean, they made a palm tree into a Dragon type.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 2382x644px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 2382x644px
>>27916684
>>27916766
>>
>>27915432

>Golett line
>Mandibuzz
>Phantump line
>Unironically like the ice creams

BASED TURNER
>>
>>27916766
I understand that.

It's still not an actual Dragon. That just further confirms that "Dragon elemental" aspect.
>>
>>27916802
confirmed based on a name pun and it isn't a real dragon.
>>
>>27916337
You probably have to be a dedicated weeb living in Japan plus a shitload of graphic design school and experience.
>>
>>27916684
How is something made of Psychic?
>>
>>27917056
Stop being pedantic.
>>
>>27915432
I bet he made Stufful and Bewear cause he's a fag who makes shitmons
>>
>>27917094
I'll go back and forth when I feel like it!
>>
>>27916684
THANK YOU

I always try to explain that here.

"Bug" in Pokémon is just as much an element as "Water" is. The same goes for Fairy and Dragon. If Arcanine can be a "Fire dog", then granbul can be a Fairy dog too, even if it's not a literal fairy.
>>
>>27916170
rather than being mad, be original and nickname it Hitmoncrab. problem solved
>>
Imagine N releasing a Crabrawler into the ocean, thinking that's where he's meant to live. He throws a Pokeball into the water. The ball opens revealing the face of a horrified crabrawler a second before he immediately sinks into the water. N turns around with a bright expression, thinking he's done good.
>>
>>27916904

It's not the first time, either. The only reason Kingdra is a dragon is because the Japanese word for seahorse means "baby dragon".
>>
This is unironically one of my favorite designs all Gen, and I like almost all of them. This is probably the most solidly designed Gen in decades.
>>
>>27915432
$100 he made the shitty sandcastle and baby bear
>>
Sugimori still drew the final art then jerked off to anime girls while playing Sega games
>>
>>27917794
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHk_rTna4CI
Pretty much this but with a crab.
>>
>>27915582
get a load of this guy.jpg
>>
>>27918036
oh god
anon no!

the pseudo first stage isn't revealed yet but i'm already worried for sugi fucking up its final stage with hips and cartoony details
>>
>>27915432

top row are super siht (and i'm not talking about it being a floating ice-cream, i'm saying it just looks shitty

bottom row are great, mandibuzz is such a good idea on a simple design and phantump is genius
>>
>>27915132
James Turner actually makes decent Pokemon though, including the ice creams. That thing looks like shit.
>>
>>27915432
He also made Avalugg, didn't he?
>>
>>27919541
Nope
>>
>>27919882
Oh, don't know why I thought that. Here I was thinking he was the best designer ever.
>>
>>27919468
It's not ice cream, it's an icicle with snow piled on top that happens to look like ice cream, like how Sudowoodo looks like a tree but is really a rock.
>>
>>27920122
This doesn't make its design any less shit
>>
>>27920261
In your opinion. Which you insist on shoving into everyone' faces because you think we all need to be as whiny and angry as you are over a kid's video game.
>>
>>27918104

"Turtle saving is a hobby~"

Holy crap, that's hilarious. The way she casually tosses it into the water, even if it were a turtle, that would probably be incredibly painful.
>>
>>27915741
oh ok thanks
>>
>>27915132
It's horn looks like a lesbian's hair
>>
>>27915267
Protip: If the board has the letter v in its designation, it has no fucking clue what it's talking about.
>>
>>27917916
what about altaria?
>>
>>27915616
Looks like a Sugimori design to me. The sand castles scream Turner, though.
>>
I actually love him. I think the one lidded eye does it for me
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.