[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix furfrou /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 676_f3.png (134KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
676_f3.png
134KB, 475x475px
We previously "fixed" bellossom, cofagrigus, archeops, delcatty, virizion, seviper, cacturne, zangoose, luxray, vespiqueen, audino, samurott, banette, carnivine, lapras, flareon and rampardos

If you're interested, here's a list of all pokemon previously discussed, and their improvements as suggested by anons in previous threads: http://pastebin.com/RzwLAG7Q

How would you improve the gimmick poodle?
>>
>>27910858
Milk Drink + More Def

Make it nigh-impossible to break through with physical attacks.

Also Fur Coat now ignores all On Contact effects like Static, Rough Skin, or Rocky Helmet
>>
File: Trim.png (296KB, 983x955px) Image search: [Google]
Trim.png
296KB, 983x955px
Heart trim: Fairy
Diamond trim: Fighting
Star trim: Ice
Pharaoh trim: Ground Recolor Pharaoh to light brown
Kabuki trim: Fire
La Reine trim: Water
Matron trim: Poison
Dandy trim: Grass
Debutante trim: Electric
>>
>>27910858
Give more fur fashion option
>>
Make the haircuts improve its stats in various ways. Maybe +50 total BST.
>>
That's Trimmien tho...
>>
>>27910970
>>27910989
Why didn't GF do this originally? it would've been unique and interesting for those meaningless cosmetic changes to actually bring something new.
>>
>>27911083

It doesn't make sense for a pokemon to change type just because its fur got trimmed
>>
>>27911126
It can, they just had to say some bs about how the fur has mystical properties and certain grooming methods can lead to the fur becoming more powerfull.

It isn't that hard to make this anything other than my mom's dog in a world of fantasy creatures and almost magic
>>
>>27911126
It doesn't make sense for a pokemon to learn a new attack by changing outfit but here we are.
>>
>>27911126
Really? Of all the weird things in Pokemon, that's the thing that goes to far? I think it makes perfect sense, explaining why Furfrou grooming is so popular when say, Growlithe grooming isn't; because Furfrou actually has a physical reaction to its grooming, taking on a different type depending on its style.

It could have some signature move that changes type depending on its secondary typing, meaning it always has access to a STAB move.

Also what some oft he above said, buff its defense to what it would be with Fur Coat and replace Fur Coat for something else like Overcoat or Magic Guard. Something that still fits the idea of its fur protecting it but provides more than a defense boost.
>>
>>27911126
>franchise based on fantasy creatures
>making sense
>>
I believe one of the NPCs said that giving Furfrou a haircut makes it easier for it to move around in battle, and react faster.
Give the wild pelt improved defenses so it can actually make use of Fur Coat.
Additionally, based off of what the NPC said, dock some defense and boost its speed when it has a haircut (doesn't matter which kind, which keeps the cosmetic options up to the player)
It would also be nice if putting a Furfrou back into the PC Boxes didn't revert its haircut, meaning we could place it into our Battle Box instead of carrying it around in the party.
>>
>>27911083
I agree. It definetly would've made Furftou a unique and interesting pokemon to mess around with, especially with a bonus in its stats depending on its hairstyle.
>>
>>27911126
Their explanation for Alola Raichu is literally "lol pancakes"
They can come up with whatever bullshit excuse they want, nothing is stopping them
>>
>>27911407
>Their explanation for Alola Raichu is literally "lol pancakes"
It's not, though. It's explicitly said to be what the Alolan say non-seriously.
They may be just aloof or it might be a dumb urban legend.
>>
>>27911434
The point is that they didn't put any explinations with it unlike with the other alolan forms, gave it some funny excuse as island talk and then left it at that.

They could do the same with furfrous, just say "magic hair!", say its just kalos folklore, and never explain it
>>
do kricketot next
>>
>>27911083
>>27911126
IIRC Furfrou does become different typings (Norma/Other) though in Meme Sapphire, and Pharaoh turns him Normal/Ghost
>>
>>27910970

>Recolor Pharaoh to light brown

Fuck that. Just make it Steel or something.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.