[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was fairy type a mistake? Dragons already had plenty of weaknesses.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: inafune.jpg (32KB, 608x405px) Image search: [Google]
inafune.jpg
32KB, 608x405px
Was fairy type a mistake?

Dragons already had plenty of weaknesses.
>>
Two, one of which is itself, is not pleny, anon. Plus outrage spamming needed to be stopped.
>>
>>27909773
Making fairy resist bug was a mistake
>>
>>27909773
Yeah 2 is enough.

>>27909798
Just run ferro with rocky helmet and done.
>>
>"dragon already had plenty of weaknesses"
>two weaknesses, one of which is itself
>meanwhile grass and ice exist both of which have 4 weaknesses against common as fuck types
Anon, you did not think this through, did you?
>>
>outrage ggs
>>
>>27909773
Fairy type was a mistake, they should've made ice resist dragons.
>>
File: pilotpepe.jpg (11KB, 246x204px) Image search: [Google]
pilotpepe.jpg
11KB, 246x204px
>add fairies for balance
>does nothing for grass types
>indirectly nerfs them by making their predators more relevant
>>
>>27909867
Yeah, and Fairy did absolutely fuck all to correct how GARBAGE grass and ice are. Or how garbage bug is, instead they're resistant to bug for whatever reason.

Great type balance you got there, Gamefreak.
>>
>>27909911
They could always...you know expand their movepools like how majority of dragons, dragon like pokes, and lucario have craze diverse movepools many pokemon dream of.
>>
>>27909773
Countering dragons was literally the only thing Fairy did right, you cancerous dwagun shitter.
>>
>>27909773
It needed a weakness, not something to be immune
>>
>>27909773
>Dragons already had plenty of weaknesses
There is a defensive part of this game too you know, fairy being immune to dragon was important for balance

Also fairy wasn't a mistake, Pixilate was. And Play Rough should be weaker so Mawile and Azumarill don't hit like nukes.
>>
>>27909911
As someone whose favorite types are grass and bug I know how painful it is to know that most of your bros are shit.
>>
>>27910053
The fact that Play Rough has 5 more base power than the equivalent in other types (Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Flamethrower, etc) just shows clear favoritism.
>>
>>27910084
You mean Moonblast?
>>
I dislike how fairy killed the NO WEAKNESS of ghost/dark.
>>
Dragon and fighting types were too dominant.

Dragon had 2 weaknesses, one to itself so that doesn't count and one to possibly the worst typing.

Ice is plagued by being relatively rare, having a lot of weaknesses and no resistences and being known for having quite a lot of bulky pokemon with no speed

ON A TYPING THAT SHOULD BE PURELY OFFENSIVE

Fairy shouldn't have been so dominant and I still think fairy should be weak to fire.
>>
>>27910230
>Psychic was so dominant that fighting types just died before even coming out
>Make everything and their mom kill psychics
>Fighting types are everywhere
Gee, I wonder why.
>>
>all these "grass is shit" posts
Grass is my favorite type and it's really not in as bad of a position as so many people claim it is. It's not simply about looking at how many weaknesses it has, but also what those weaknesses are.
Poison and Bug were not particularly common threats (Poison is a bit more common now with Fairy around, but not by much). Fire, Ice and Flying are pretty bad weaknesses though.
Water and Ground on the other hand, are pretty handy resistances, and the addition of immunity to powders is great.

Grass could use some help but I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be.
>>
>>27909773
This guy kind of looks like a human turtonator
>>
Reminder choice locked/LO Outrage/DM spam is balanced because of the one resistance to Dragon! But don't notice that most Dragon types usually have at least one strong coverage move to leverage with!
>>
>>27909854
>Just run ferro with rocky helmet and d
> just run this one pokemon in every single team not to get destroyed by dragons
Fuck off
>>
>>27909827
What possible reason did they have for doing this?
>>
>>27909854
>fire blast
>>
>>27909773
Yes
They should have made ice resist dragon and steel SE agains it (knights slaying dragons)
Fairy just ended up being overshadowing other types
>>
>>27910709
>steel SE agains it (knights slaying dragons)

I remember playing Silver as a kid and assuming this would be a thing, it seemed so obvious
>>
>>27910709
Fairy is essentially gen 1 psychic tier.

>We'll make this type weaker by introducing an even stronger type!

Just wait, we'll get a new type to counter fairies in gen 8 instead of a rebalance.
>>
Not all types need to be balanced.
Bug is supposed to be weak, its role is to be an early team member, its advantage is to evolve quickly without much effort. Ignoring exceptions, its not supposed to be a late game type.
Ice is conceptually supposed to be fragile. A glass cannon. Their moves are powerful and have the best status ailment, frozen, which is basically an early faint. They also had the only advantage against Dragon, the OP late game, legendary type. You are supposed to protect this cannon with strategy and team building.
>>
>>27910825
I won't mind as long as it's Cosmic. The type chart really could use a general cleanup.
>>
>>27909773
no, the worst part of gen6 is the steel nerf.
gen6 worst gen ever.
>>
>>27911033
You're right

Steel should have been nerfed much harder
>>
>>27909773

Yes, dragons are attack only. There is no need to make a weakness.
>>
>>27911033
>super effective against fairies
>nerfed
>>
Fairy hurt Fighting, Ice and Psychic more than Dragon
>>
>>27911033
It should have retained resistance to dark, but no longer resisting ghost makes sense.
>>
Fairy is only even remotely balanced because of majority of the mons are shit
>>
File: 320px-XY_Olympia.png (63KB, 320x301px) Image search: [Google]
320px-XY_Olympia.png
63KB, 320x301px
>>27911030
>Cosmic Type
>In a game where everything even remotely connected to space with the exception of Palkia is a Psychic type.
>Solrock, Lunatone, new legends, Cresselia, Beheeyem, Deoxys, Cosmic Power, Gravity, etc. etc.- all psychic.
>With a gym leader astrologist who battles you in a planetarium based gym.

'Cosmic' type already exists. Its called Psychic.
>>
>>27910282

Grass would be massively buffed if Flying was not SE on it anymore
>>
File: 1370192944959.png (755KB, 957x1238px) Image search: [Google]
1370192944959.png
755KB, 957x1238px
>>27911495
Kinda like Ice and Rock. If Ice and Rock had mode offensive-oriented mons they would be so much better.

Fairy either resisting or being immune to Dragon is fine. Specs Latios was a goddamn harbinger of destruction. Salamence was known as "win button" for a reason. Everything else about Fairy is awful. Special STAB gets 5 more BP than Special STAB of other types? Amazing resistances in a meta permeated with Dark- and Fighting-types? Nearly nonexistent weaknesses, due to the kack of offensive Steel- and Poison-types? Few types that resist it? The fact that the typing alone was capable of sending an RU shitmon to S tier in OU?
>>
>>27911750
I forgot to mention. Dragon type wasn't really a problem, the 600+ BST mons spamming them were. Ghost is similar to Gen V Dragon, now imagine a 600 BST Ghost-type spamming Ghost-type equivalents of Outrage or Draco Meteor. Pokémon like Altaria or Flygon lmao were never issues. Of course Dragonite, Garchomp, Salamence, Lati@s were going to look broken, they're psuedos.

But Fairy countering Dragon isn't a bad thing.

>>27911396
Psychic was more hurt by the Dark buff. Ice still suffers from being a glass cannon type with no glass cannons. Fighting, true.
>>
>>27910053
>>27910084
>Play Rough
It's balanced because it has 90% accuracy and not 100% accuracy. :^)
>>
>>27909773
Fairy type is one of the best additions to the game. It's been my favorite type ever since it was announced. Plus, it makes insecure straight idiots upset, which is always fucking hilarious. The type isn't going anywhere, and hopefully neither are the retards who complain about it.
>>
>>27912119
Fairy type as an addition is fine, but it still needs some balancing.

But thats true of most types.
>>
>>27912160
>wanting fairy type nerfed
Fuck off you fucktard.
>>
>>27909827
This
>>
>>27912220
>not wanting dragon type 2.0 nerfed
Hrm...
>>
>>27912220
Every pokemon that got fairy type added to them was buffed significantly. Dead giveaway that the typing is OP as shit.
>>
>>27912220
Dont get mad that your favourite type is need of another weakness or two.
>>
>>27909854
>Dratini used Ember!
>>
>>27910356
That's what fairy type is though.
>>
>Was fairy type a mistake?

No, something needed to stop those Outrages.
I think Fairy type needs a fire weakneess though
>>
>>27912746
I think fairy needs a grass weakness.
>>
>>27912796
Why would they be grass in the lore sense, not gameplay balance sense?
>>
>>27910955
That would be the case if they didn't give every water type and their mother Ice type coverage.
>>
>>27910955
>ignoring exceptions
This can make literally any argument correct.
>>
>>27909773
By creating a type to nerf an dragon, they created another op type, just look at Clefable who went from NU to the top of OU just because of its typing.
>>
Fairy types were a good addition.

/vp/ is full of Bugfags who are butthurt about Fairy's resistance to Bug, so as a result they constantly make threads about Fairy supposedly being OP.
>>
Shit mons going to ou from nu made me excited when I first saw it honestly but them resisting bug and fire not hitting hard is strange to me
A lot of the fairies remind me of what should be bug or grass type
Like somehow floges is just fairy.... Seems like fire would just end her seeing as how it's basically a flower lol
>>
Xerneas is an auto-include. I spent 4 hours today playing Ubers on Showdown and only 2 teams didn't have one. Fairies are busted.
>>
File: 1301376153449.jpg (310KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1301376153449.jpg
310KB, 1000x1000px
>>27909773
Fairy's were a mistake because as a way of balancing an overpowered type, they made an even MORE overpowered type.

Fairy is literally the best typing in the game.
>>
>>27909798

Electric only has one weakness and ghost was in the same boat as dragon. They just needed to give ice one or two resistances including dragon and make a high tier ice special sweeper then boom better balance than what we have now
>>
>>27915712
Fairy/Ground Garchomp with Play Rough instead of Outrage would be fucking terrifying
>>
>>27911461
Fuck no, tricksters/evil people should have ways of getting around armor.
>>
Dark types will never be gud again
>>
>>27912344
Underrated comment
>>
>>27910955
>ignoring exceptions
>ignoring Volcarona
>ignoring Scizor
>ignoring Accelgor
>ignoring Beedrill
>ignoring Pinsir
>ignoring Heracross
>ignoring Genesect
hmmm
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.