[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Alain_XY.png (43KB, 131x343px) Image search: [Google]
Alain_XY.png
43KB, 131x343px
Find a flaw.
>>
Not my husband
>>
Too perfect
>>
I can't
>>
>>27906646
Stupid mary sue, edgelord, pointless character

And i dont even like Ash to begin with
>>
he didn't fuck Serena right in the open in front of Ash
>>
Uses Unfeazant unironically
>>
File: cya.png (78KB, 634x467px) Image search: [Google]
cya.png
78KB, 634x467px
>>
>>27906646
Uses edgelord pokemon.
>>
Those pants fucking bother me
>>
File: lol.png (183KB, 1024x669px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
183KB, 1024x669px
>>27906772
>>
File: 1471568297249.jpg (45KB, 422x490px) Image search: [Google]
1471568297249.jpg
45KB, 422x490px
>>27906646
Impossible.
>>
>>27906646
Dresses like a fag
>>
>>27906662
Pretty much this. He's a cool character with an average design and decent motivations, but I've never seen him struggle much or get knocked on his ass. He enteres the Kalos Tournament and wins the whole thing as a secondary motive, he stomps every MegaPokemon trainer in his path, etc.

He's objectivly a great battler bust as a character he doesnt really have flaws. Thats just makes him boring as fuck. If it matters i think ash is too positive now and he's boring as fuck in every season post hoenn.
>>
>>27906646
He wins too much.
>>
>>27906712
this
>>
>>27907046
To be fair, the mega specials had him lose a lot. It was like training from hell. He got kicked around by Siebold, Steven, M-Fug, P-Groudon and his battle with Malva was really close. He went through a lot so he can steamroll Kalos tournament in the main anime.
>>
>>27907046
>as a character he doesnt really have flaws
I'd say a maniacal obsession to gain power at the cost of everything else is a big flaw. Which is why he was alone in the locker room when he won while Ash was surrounded by friends when he lost.
>>
>>27906646
Diaper pants
>>
>>27907120

He still has to save Hari-san. While Manon is still her friend, he treated her like shit that last time, so of course he is alone.

That's the burden he carries for being and edgelord at first.
>>
He's not real so i can't kick his ass irl.
>>
>>27907120
Maybe. But really it just seems like one of the overused tropes of anime that often doesnt give the character a significant flaw. Like "this girl is perfect but sometimes she's clumsy!" Or "this guy is 'dumb' but never seems to actually be an idiot when it counts". Maybe i've just seen the whole "I NEED MORE POWER" thing done too much in media, and its usually at the expense of a meaningful flaw.

But whether or not i agree with the severity of the flaw, im not gonna move the goalpost here. You have a good point.
>>
File: dfsfsdfsdf.gif (1MB, 350x259px) Image search: [Google]
dfsfsdfsdf.gif
1MB, 350x259px
maybe hes good at pokemon
>>
His outfit is fucking awful, holy fuck
>>
>>27907120
To be honest, I'm kind of getting sick of the whole "Edgelord/Rival wins but is alone while hero loses but has friends". It's so overused.
>>
File: sdfnjdnfip.gif (774KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
sdfnjdnfip.gif
774KB, 500x375px
>>27907190
edge lore rival was never alone
>>
>>27907046
>but I've never seen him struggle much or get knocked on his ass
Then you've never watched his episodes.
>>
>>27907046
>he doesnt really have flaws

Did you miss EVERY SINGLE SPECIAL?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDaXh7Dd3gY
>>
>>27907231
This. Fucker got beat many times. Even the mega short segments show him losing often like against Mega Slowbro. Primal Groudon destroyed him which is why he even decided to do the gauntlet against 10 mega trainers. People have to realize that he spent all day, every day just battling everyone he can find. He lost a lot until he can win but everyone seems to forget the part where he lost and lost bad.
>>
>>27907046
He gets dicked on in the specials, go watch those.
>>
>>27907295
>Primal Groudon destroyed him
To go with your post.
>>
>>27906646
That awful scarf,and those pants.No fashion since at all and this is Kalos.
>>
let's be honest. Paul was FAAAAR more of an edgelord
>>
>>27908002

also I'm not denying he was a good rival or had good battles, just that he was super edgy
>>
>>27906646
Is there a name for the thing around his neck? Is it just an oddly shaped scarf?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.