[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

gen 5 was a mistake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: image.png (63KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63KB, 250x250px
gen 5 was a mistake
>>
>>27903653
that is one of only two or three bad lines in a sea of great ones though
>>
>>27903653
gen 5 was alright, gen 6 on the other hand though...
>>
>>27903653
you're 6 years late complaining about this shit
>>
>>27903735
Gen 6's 71 good new pokemon designs is a hell of a lot better than gen 4's 106 awful, shitty, terrible, disgusting, garbage designs. I hope they never remake gen 4 because that cancer should be retconned out of the franchise.
>>
>>27903860
>good Gen VI Pokemon

>Talonflame
>Pangoro
>Clauncher
>Dragalgae
>Heliolisk
>Tyrunt
>Tyrantrum
>Hawlucha
>Trevenant
>Noivern

Literally 10 good designs in a sea of cancer. What the fuck are you talking about? Gen VI is the epitome of shit.

That being said, gen IV is probably the next shittiest (design-wise).
>>
>>27903653

That's an ice pick with snow on top
>>
But Vanniluxe is awesome. I only wish it had a better attack movepool so I could use it a touch more.
>>
>Muh design, muh over design.
>Opinions
Thats all, everyone go home
>>
>>27903991
except it's fact Vanilluxe is lazy shit

>object
>add smiley face
does not a Pokemon make

a good example of an "object" Pokemon would be something like Chandelure, that's intuitive
>>
>>27903971
>Movepool mattering in gen 5.
UNLIMITED TMS!
>>
>>27903860
Gen 4 designs were either amazing or trash, with only a handful of middle ground designs, Gen 6 is just fucking overdesigned all over, and 99% of megas being shit just makes it worse.
>>
>>27904011
What's wrong with one lazy design? It still looks good, and they can't all be perfect? Besides, it's gimmick was to look like a Casteliacone, just like how Voltorb was supposed to look like a Pokeball or Klink was supposed to look like a gear at the Battle Subway. If they made it look nothing like it's inspiration, there would be no point.
>>
>it's a "my opinion trumps yours" thread
Feels good loving all Pokemon designs and not having to participate in this socially acceptable autism.

>>27903653
I unironically like the Vanilluxe line partially due to the sheer absurdity to it and mostly because it's a solid fucking design.
>>
>>27903945
> Florges
>Aromatisse
>Slurpuff
>Honedge
>Aegislash
>Malamar
>Goomy
>Sligoo
>Espurr
>Sylveon
>>
>>27904060
But Voltorb and Klink are equally as shit as the ice cream.

Imagine if Trubbish (I know it's not a fan favorite either) was just a bag of trash with a smiley face. No limbs, no "ears," nothing. THEN imagine if Trubbish's evolved form was just two bags of trash sitting next to each other with smiley faces.

>>27904078
>Feels good being a GF apologist cuck
ftfy
>>
>>27903860
>Gen 6's 71 good new pokemon designs
>Implying Klefki is a good design
>HAHA OH WOW.jpg
>>
Gen V had both unprecedented terrible and awesome pokémon.

Gen IV was worse, because even though there weren't any Vanilluxes and Klinklangs around, there were a lot of regular bad pokémon and very little good ones.
>>
>>27904098

>>Honedge
>>Aegislash
>>Malamar
>>Goomy
>>Sligoo
>>Espurr

I'll give you these. I wouldn't call these great or good, but I'd say they're definitely passable. Goomy is really cute albeit it evolves into slimey cancer.

The Fairies are all dogshit. Xerneas is without challenge the most passable one. That being said, I'm glad things in Gen VII like Cutiefly and Tapu Koko exist that divert from GF's "Fairies must be pink, have lots of makeup on, and look like human women" formula. Dedenne is probably the next best Fairy after Xerneas (not including retcons) but that's cancerous in its own right being a Pikaclone.
>>
>>27904060
>What's wrong with one lazy design?
Nothing. Both BW and BW2 are some of the best Pokemon games. That doesn't change the fact that ice cream and gears are uninspired feces.
>>
>>27904078
same here

>>27904118
Does it hurt, Being so powerless?
>>
>>27904263
>Does it hurt, Being so powerless?
As a human? No. As a Pokemon fan? Yes. Pokemon has the most potential in any franchise I've ever seen yet it's always been mediocre dogshit. It's really sad, honestly.

But see: >>27904260
>>
>it's ANOTHER let's shit on Pokemon designs thread
>>
>>27903653
I wish people could look at awesome design's like Litwick's evolutionary line instead of complaining about an entire gen because of fucking ice cream.
>>
>>27904287
What else is there? This board is complete and utter fucking trash. 40 anime threads. 50 Pokemon Go threads. Fuck it dude. At least we're actually discussing Pokemon here.

>>27904309
I like this guy.
>>
>>27903653
This gonna sound really lame but I hated the vanilla ice cream pokemon but now since Slurrpuff is one of my favorites i like him because in my head canon they're besties for life
>>
File: fixed af.png (91KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
fixed af.png
91KB, 600x300px
>>27904229
I'm willing to admit defeat on Aromatisse and to a lesser extent Florges, but I just really love Slurpuff. I guess I have a soft spot for big lovable dogs. Honestly a bot Slurpuff and Aromatisse would've been a LOT better if their Shiny Colorings were their normal ones
>>
>>27904343
slurpuff is one of my ultimate faves, so cute
>>
>>27904343
>>27904384
I really dislike Slurpuff but at least it makes a better attempt at design than Vanilluxe. Imagine if Slurpuff was just a cupcake with a face. Retarded.

That being said, I like Swirlix. A simple and cute design ruined by a jiggling, obese, retarded piece of shit.

I am completely with >>27904384 regarding Slurpuff, its shiny looks decent. The 3D models do NO ONE justice though.

Aromatisse however looks like a 1920s flapper with a shitload of makeup on. Like, a perfume Pokemon? That's fucking terrible.
>>
File: 362Glalie.png (244KB, 516x516px) Image search: [Google]
362Glalie.png
244KB, 516x516px
I wonder if Japanese people complain about Glalie the same way Americans do about the Vanilluxe line
>both just floating ice with a face
>both are based on food puns
>Glalie -> oni -> onigiri (rice ball)
>Vanilluxe -> snow -> snowcone (ice cream)
>>
>>27903653
Your dad not using a condom was a mistake anon.
>>
>>27903653
It amazes me how GF can keep making top tier pokegirls for every single game yet still make awful pseudoanimals, maybe the japanese kids they use to qualificate designs just have the worse taste ever.
>>
>>27904444
Eh, different strokes. I get where you're comin from tho.

Also nice quads
>>
>>27904384
Aromatisse a best
>>
File: 1456200881975.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456200881975.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
>>27904513
Fair enough, laddie. Hop in.
>>
I like Slurrpuffs og design and how he jiggles mine knows energy ball, thunder, flamethrower, and dazzling glean he always takes down at least two unsuspecting pokemon from people i battle
>>
>>27904785
You and your friends sound like shitters.
>>
>>27904856
I do take shits daily. Two every day to be exact
>>
>>27904879
>Two every day to be exact
Casuals get out. This board is for 4x a day + only.
>>
>>27903653
Your parents would know what a mistake is.
>>
File: image.png (34KB, 602x558px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
34KB, 602x558px
For (you)

>>27904444
At least we can agree models are a mistake

Also checked
>>
>>27904949
In a world where the official art was still done in watercolor and the mainline games were still sprites, I might have loved Slurpuff and you and I would be great friends.

Alas, we are currently experiencing the worst reality possible.
>>
>>27904914
I can only take 4+ shits if i use laxatives
My bung hole can't handle all that mister
>>
>>27905549
Thanks for posting, reddit.
>>
>>27904984
A lot of 3 models look so bad but so many are spot on some if the worst imo are blastoise and raichu they just look terrible
>>
>>27905565
>but so many are spot on
like?

Off the top of my head I like Sawk and Druddigon.
>>
>>27903860
>new pokemon designs define if a generation is good or not
>in a franchise where old designs are constantly brought back
Lordy.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.