[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are we getting too old?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

>Be 26 years old
>Got out of work today and went to visit a friend that works in a store
>We talked about Ash losing the league when someone comes in
>We talk about pokémon, the, anime, the games, etc
>I ask him how old is he
>14
>>
33 year old here. Nothing stops you from enjoying your interests, just don't be a sperg about it.
>>
34 here. that 33 y/o is wise beyond his years.
>>
If you are passionate about something then who cares.
If you genuinely like something then you genuinely like something.
A 14 year old liking hamburgers wouldnt stop you from liking hamburgers.
>>
>>27901166
>Be 26 years old

Oh, calm down. I'm in my 30s. Who gives a shit what you enjoy?
>>
>>27903134
This.
Life has proved me that, as long as you have a functional autism switch to turn on and off when necessary, everything will be okay.
>>
>>27903134
>>27903166
>>27903190

So... 30+ General?
>>
>>27903168
/thread

You can discuss something without going into full autism/powerlevel mode, or getting insecure about it.
>>
42 here.

Yeah, I'm old. Get off my lawn and all that stuff.

I still like the game, it gets me to explore the city I've lived in for over 20 years, honestly leaning more stuff than I ever thought I might.
>>
>>27901166
did you fug him?
>>
20 here. So, younger than most in this thread, but still an adult. Was recently counseling at a summer camp and had plenty of very enjoyable pokemon discussions with my group of kids age 8-11 or so. And then at school, I've no trouble finding people my age and older who enjoy pokemon as well. (Art school, everybody loves it.) Long story short, just love whatever you love, don't be an autist in public about it, and enjoy it with anybody else who does, regardless of age, gender or whatever.
>>
>>27903439
>Pokemon GO
wew
>>
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

-C.S Lewis.

Life's to short to not enjoy your interests in an attempt to be as normal as possible.
>>
I'm 32 and yet here I am, stuck with you faggots.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 1000x1000px
I'm 19 give pokemon to the young generation and fuck off reeeeee
>>
>There are people in this board who never had a GBC, let alone an original Gb, posting with you
I feel old, but honestly who cares?
>>
>>27901166
I abandoned pokemon when I was 14 because other kids my age kept mocking me for being childish. I came back like two years ago, I'm 24 now, and I regret the time I missed.
Don't be like me. Don't do something you know you'll regret.
>>
File: yourea_faget.png (955KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
yourea_faget.png
955KB, 1200x630px
>>27903439

>42 year old pogo player

Like holy fuck OP you brought this shit here you massive piece of shit deal with this shit
>>
>>27903894

Just today, I saw someone playing Go who had to be in her late 50s, minimum.
>>
>>27901166
I would ask him to suck my penis.
>>
You're never too old to play Pokémon. It's for everybody. Just don't be fucking autists about it.
>>
>>27903894
Cry more underaged
>>
Wow 27 here. didnt expect to feel young in a thread on /vp/ of all boards.
>>
>>27903239
Wish this were a regular thing to be honest. 30 here.
>>
Indulge my curiosity fellow 30+ year olds, what was your favourite Gen? Counting HGSS as Gen 4 and ORAS as Gen 6.

No judgement, just wondering.

Gen 5 for me.
>>
>>27906939
Probably Gen 4. Platinum + HGSS had about everything I wanted. Such a great time for Pokemon.
>>
23 here. Question for you older friends: did you ever give up or try to move away from Pokémon? Just graduated and I'm wondering if real life will demand that.
>>
It's ok to like Pokemon. Just be graceful about it. Don't let yourself get all nerdy and overly enthusiastic in public, or people will think you're a weirdo. Don't wear Pokemon merchandise, don't play the games in public, and don't bring up Pokemon around anyone. Just love it in secret like the rest of us, unless you want to be labelled as an autistic manchild.
>>
>>27906983
>did you ever give up or try to move away from Pokémon

On and off, but not so much because I had to, more just I lost interest for a while. It happens. I'm sure I'll drift out again at some point, then come back. Its a natural thing.

>Just graduated and I'm wondering if real life will demand that.

I doubt Pokemon takes up enough of your time/changes your lifestyle so much that getting a job, getting married, kids, all that stuff is really going to have an impact on it, unless you're playing 24/7.
>>
>>27906983
I'm 30 and live a real life with my own business, non-gamer friends, and a fiance. Your life won't demand that you stop enjoying Pokemon if you don't want it to.

I never moved away from the series completely, but I didn't play Crystal or RS when they came out, and jumped back in at Fire Red. Been very consistent since then.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.