[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon games always end with the player character winning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1457313246719.png (68KB, 271x288px) Image search: [Google]
1457313246719.png
68KB, 271x288px
>Pokemon games always end with the player character winning the Pokemon league and becoming champion.
>The dick-ass rival always makes great strides, and makes it far, but ultimately loses to the main character.

>Pokemon anime always ends it's leagues with Ash losing, never quite beating out his chief rival.
>That regions Rival almost always does better than Ash in everything.

Ash will never win, because Ash IS the rival. The anime has been offering us a look at the typical shit the rival does during the games while the actual hero is off mattering a being a huge success. The only reason they use new characters to ruin Ash's nice time instead of making his "Rival" one of the genuine game protagonists is so that they can mask this fact.
>>
>>27896035
Didnt Gary lose to him though
>>
>>27896094

Kanto was directly inspired by Red and Blue, with Ash as Red and Gary as Blue.

Ash beat Gary because Red beat Blue.
Afterwards, however, what became of Red?

Red just became something for future protagonists to encounter and then beat into the dirt to prove how much better they are. Something that happens to Ash constantly.
>>
>>27896035
Alain is the first character to be developed throughout the season as a rival, but then win against Ash every single time. All of his other rivals were either "guy who appears out of nowhere and defeats him" or "rival who was introduced earlier in the series and then lost to Ash in the end".

The only time something similar happened was with Dawn and Zoey, but at least Zoey lost to May, who then lost to Dawn, so she wasn't as bad as Alain.
>>
>>27896094
Yeah but gary ended up a successful researcher while ash remained a loser. Who really won in the end?
>>
>>27896035
Isn't this the first rival to defeat Ash? I mean, Gary and Paul were curbstomped by him.
>>
>>27896035
>The dick-ass rival always makes great strides, and makes it far, but ultimately loses to the main character.
What are you talking about? I whooped his ass every battle.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.