[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PTCG/O General: Worlds Hype Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 343
Thread images: 42

File: night march fml.jpg (21KB, 180x250px) Image search: [Google]
night march fml.jpg
21KB, 180x250px
New? Start here
>http://i.imgur.com/HoY1IaG.jpg
>http://pastebin.com/gPEnw6GW

How to progress in PTCGO, tl;dr edition:
>complete all Trainer Challenges for loadsa packs to kickstart your collection
>play through using basic decks to unlock them for versus play, then switch to theme decks from the store for extra packs
>grind prizes/coins on Versus Mode theme ladder
>enter theme format tournaments whenever possible using coins
>using your winnings from the last two steps, enter ticket tournaments. You'll get tradable shit from those
>trade packs/chests for the cards in a deck you actually want to build
>don't open packs before you have a solid deck, YOU EARNED THOSE, DON'T WASTE THEM ON SOME SHITTY HOLO RARE AND 9X KRABBY
>public trade is like the GTS, if you want proper results, put up your own offers
>occasionally the thread isn't entirely anti-social and can get you deals on cards

To see what your PTCGO stuff is worth right now, look for the PTCGO forums in the trading section.
>Your old IRL cards are probably fake or not worth caring about. Check TrollandToad and eBay instead of asking.

ToTT: How excited are you for NM and Trevenant to be leaving standard?
>>
I'm thinking about buying a booster box soon, what set would be the best right now?

I don't have many of the staples yet.
>>
Are Ancient Origins cards still relevant? I have 36 codes from a box
>>
>tfw 6 year old nephew gets a bunch of pokemans cards for his birthday
>he can't read yet, but anybody can learn when they're that eager
>teach him how to play, build a couple of simple decks out of his cards for him and his mother to play with
>notice the codes on the backs of cards
>abscond with the codes, download the client and redeem them; a six year old has no use for these and his mother doesn't give a shit
>start playing theme decks in versus
>get convinced that playing a theme deck doesn't always pair you up against someone else playing a theme deck
>decide to make a deck
>slap a bunch of ridiculous trainer cards into a deck (seriously? draw 3 cards for free? tutors all over the place? by any other ccg's standards this shit is busted as fuck)
>toss in a couple of decent looking legendaries (entei, volcanion)
>put delphox in there because holy fuck card draw
>toss in a bunch of discard recursion; blacksmith OP
>start playing, it actually pairs me up against other people actively trying to win
>draw pretty much my entire deck and win, repeatedly
>decide to call it after a while, end the day 7-3

Today was a good day. This was a surprising amount of fun.
>>
>>27893191
you're better off buying staples individually, almost none of them are in the same set as each other
the most profitable booster box would be Roaring Skies however, you can get Shaymin (minimum of 40$) and SR VS. Seeker (Minimum of 20$), which are both staples. ROS Codes are also valuble in PTCGO

>>27893314
They haven't rotated yet, most relevant cards are
Vileplume (Item Lock)
Sceptile EX
Vespiquen (Bee Revenge)
Regice
Unown
Hoopa EX
Giratina Ex
Lugia EX

most trainer cards in the set are useful depending on the deck they're played in
>>
>>27893554
Welcome to PTCG.
>top decks
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/

>worlds championships this weekend
http://www.pokemonchampionships.com/trading-card-game-championship-series

read first link in OP to get started
>>
>>27892851
I think the Night March decks that only run Double Energy are shit.
>>
>>27893558
I don't actually play online, so would it be considered scummy to sell the codes or should I just give them away
>>
ToTT: I will try to run an energy denial Trev Break deck post rotation with Slowking for fun.

I wonder if Faded Town will see play in some decks that don't need Sky Field now that megas have room to play. I may run a copy in Darkrai/Dragons.
>>
>>27893768
give them away in this thread. make sure to cover the qr codes

you can sell them, they go for 25 cents to about 1$ USD depending on the set they're from
>>
>>27893768
They're your codes dude. If you bought them, they're yours. Selling them is a perfectly fine way to make a really, really small return.
>>
File: 1090321.jpg (261KB, 321x450px) Image search: [Google]
1090321.jpg
261KB, 321x450px
What's with the charm things?
>>
>only got 500 versus points this time

lets hope the next ladder isn't this shit tier
>>
what's a regular vs seeker worth? just realized I have 5 tradable ones that I should probably jew for something
>>
>>27896492
irl it's ~10$

on ptcgo it's 1 pack iirc
>>
>have collected every elite trainer sleeves and deckboxes so far
>the generations one goes for a shaymin online

why god
>>
>>27892851

Hi, I'm new to the game and lurking as fuck.

I gotta a bunch of boosters and I don't know what to trade them for, I usually play an electric deck.

Also is it worth it to open some specific packages because they arn't worth trading for shit?

Also EX a shit, Lugia all day everyday.
>>
>>27897325
just buy a generations box. it'll be way easier.
>>
>Iris

HAHAHAHA

time to wait another 20 days
>>
File: G1_EN_RC30.png (155KB, 245x342px) Image search: [Google]
G1_EN_RC30.png
155KB, 245x342px
>have x4 of these
why god
>>
>>27897436
1. find a deck you want to play here
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/forum/metagame-deck-discussion.250/
2. trade packs for these cards, or trade for profit to make more packs
3. test deck with different cards in the extra slots / switch cards around in the skeleton
4. ???
5. Profit
>>
File: deer dog thing.jpg (248KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
deer dog thing.jpg
248KB, 900x1200px
What makes cards valuable?

I pulled this out of a pack and looked it up, it has a $70 value which is awesome, but why?
>>
>>27897629

cards are valuable because of 3 things

1. rarity
2. usefulness
3. cuteness

and that is all 3
>>
enjoy
2WL-7ZPD-RKM-DJW
>>
>>27897629
it's only expensive since it's the best draw tool in the game, and almost every deck runs 2-4 copies of it.
>>
JUST FUCK MY LADDER UP.
>>
File: thank you kind anon.jpg (138KB, 1286x752px) Image search: [Google]
thank you kind anon.jpg
138KB, 1286x752px
>>27897711
Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>27897325
are you serious? i have fucking six of those things, you mean i could get a shaymin for hat worthless piece of shit?
>>
File: sad indian man.png (199KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
sad indian man.png
199KB, 500x278px
Hey, new guy here, what's the best Theme Deck to start Versus?
>>
File: 1469231925105.gif (499KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
1469231925105.gif
499KB, 400x306px
Couple more packs coming your way, lads.
4YL-5SQH-SB5-QEE
C7T-MAWB-CKJ-MW5
>>
>>27898008

Basic Blue or Green.
>>
>Decide to try my luck at a Shaymin since I decided it would be better than grinding
>Open 10 packs
>Nothing
I have made a hueg mistake
>>
File: Many thanks anon.jpg (517KB, 1096x620px) Image search: [Google]
Many thanks anon.jpg
517KB, 1096x620px
>>27898054
Thanks anon!
>>
>>27898078
>Wasting 10 tradable RS

What a moron.
>>
>>27898054
Any reason to use one of those over the other? Differing playstyles or anything like that?
>>
>>27898152

It's my personal opinion that Blue is the better deck, but some people disagree. It's got no autolosses and Gyrados is the best pokemon in the theme format. Everything else about the deck is serviceable at worst.
>>
>>27898200
From what I saw, I also prefer the Blue one, but I didn't complete the Green one as of yet.
But with that I think I'm rolling blue, thanks for the advice!

Also saw on Reddit that the Dark Hammer deck was really good to use too, you recommend me getting that?
>>
>>27898264

Nope. There's no real reason to. It's not as good as Blue or Green. Even Red may be better.
>>
>>27898200
desu I find all of the basic decks fine enough, but if the enemy gets the upper hand in the first 2 or 3 turns you might as well concede.
>>
new here, I just grind for theme decks and max them in trainer challenge for pack? That seems slow as hell.
>>
>>27898414
Play on hard, counter whoever you can with the basic decks, it's actually pretty fast.
>>
>>27898384
Is there any Theme deck I could get to avoid that?
Or to reduce it to some extent?
>>
>>27898497

You only get the credit bonus per level/star right? Not sure why you'd play Hard outside of boosting the stars quickly.
>>
What are some good lists for Legacy decks? I really need to play a real legacy deck and stop it with Reshiphlosion.
>>
>>27898507
Mm, I found most non-basic theme decks to be slightly more comfortable for sure. Although not every deck plays the same, I would suggest looking at a few of them or if you want to be brave, just pick the one with pokemon you like.
>>27898666
Last star is a booster pack and the AI is dumb as bricks at either level, although I think I've noticed slightly better RNG fuckery on hard.
>>
>>27898769
Weavile/Eggs
The super expensive CelebiVirGen
Ninetales/Amoonguss (use Sableye and Blend Energy)
Accelgor/Gothitelle
>>
>>27898497
Ive done every single theme deck I have including two themes I bought with coins, I'm just asking if I repeat this step forever for one extra booster back.
>>
>>27897629
>people who don't play the game always get pulls like this
>people who actually play the game always pull garbage

why god
>>
>>27898923
>Ask friend from US to bring some packs back
>Tell him to open them all since I can't wait
>Oh shit, Shaymin
>Mixed up bags at airport
Fuck me dude.
>>
>Iris
>not Ace Trainer or Sycamore

Inferno Fandango and then quit.
>>
>>27899753
Iris is the bretty good and cute.
>>
>>27900710
Show me a deck that runs it that isn't shit.
>>
Anyone know of good energy efficient decks for the new meta?

Decks I faced

Mega Scizor - 2 Energy + discard
Talonflame Break? - 2 Energy
Despair Gardevoir - 2 Energy
>>
File: 14715724648301260693543.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
14715724648301260693543.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>
File: Capture123234.png (865KB, 943x516px) Image search: [Google]
Capture123234.png
865KB, 943x516px
>>27900871
danke sehr
>>
>>27900775

:D okay i lied . Plus power + junk arm, laserbank, and silver bangle exist
>>
So i just pulled 2 shaymin EX 1 FA out of 15 non tradeables booster pack,is it lucky or no lucky?
>>
>>27901623
It's lucky, you can switch them with your trade-able ones in deck
>>
just opened 3400 coins worth of boosters
i got nothing notable
i'm sad now
>>
Night March is so fucking boring to play and play against.
>>
>>27900824
ALL good energy acceleration is either rotating out or getting indirectly nerfed via things like Compressor leaving the format.
Next format is going to be almost exclusively hard attach.
>>
>>27903237
>Max Elixir
Are you daft?
>>
File: 14715787907581260693543.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
14715787907581260693543.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>
>>27903412
>almost exclusively
>>
>>27903444
Except almost all good decks will be abusing it. The ones that won't will be using Mega Turbo. That means most decks will be running a form of acceleration or another, your claim about hard attach being the most common thing is fucking ignorant.
>>
>>27903535
>random hostility
Is this /b/?

Mega Turbo gets indirectly nerfed with the passing of Compressor. It's no longer as consistent.
Max Elixer is one exception, and while it's definitely going to be used, it's by no means the gold standard of next format considering the expected diversity.

You're also ignoring the point of the post just for the sake of being a rude piece of shit: cards like D Valley, Blacksmith, Bronzong, and Aromatisse, which are by far considered the most consistent/prominent forms of acceleration, are rotating out. Meanwhile, cards like Yveltal, Carbink Break, Garchomp, Mega Turbo, and Fisherman/Retrieval all either suffer or completely lose viability off Compressor rotating out.

When this format has this slew of acceleration options I just listed, and when next format literally has a single fully-powered option in the form of Max Elixer, then it's not ignorant at all to say that next format is going to be almost exclusively hard attach. We'll literally only have 10% of the most viable cards actually usable or functioning as intended.
>>
Any thoughts on the new promo Mega Beedrill?
I really love M-Bee and wanted to make a deck around it, and I wanted to brainstorm it. So far I'm thinking of PRC Sceptile for energy acceleration, and obviously Turbos and Energy retrieval cards. Any other ideas. I really want to make it work, but it honestly feels like the only way to make it great would be Virbank
>>
>>27903723
>D. Valley
Not energy acceleration. That's like saying Head Ringer/Breakpoint Trev is energy denial.
>Blacksmith
Not used outside of expanded
>Bronzong
Yes but only in one deck
>Aromatisse
Hasn't been relevant since rotation
>Yveltal
Ultra Ball exists and has existed before compressor
>Carbink Break
Usually puts energy from a dead mon on a new one, also Ultra Ball exists.
>Garchomp
DOA
>Turbo
Works fine in Ray/Mewtwo/Alakazam, AKA the only mega decks worth considering ever besides the occasional Primal Groudon.
>Fisherman
Hardly used outside of Greninja and the shitty Magnezone decks in the first place
>Retrieval
Hahahahahaha

>muh compressor
Ultra Ball your energies, every deck that abuses Turbo is fast as fuck and will discard cards constantly. Compressor is so overrated for energy acceleration, this isn't expanded with Dark Patch or Bronzong, all other discard acceleration works fine with Ultra Ball and Sycamore.

>random hostility
People should stop saying uneducated shit in these threads. It's like nobody here is aware of the meta. Go cry for a hugbox elsewhere if this bothers you.
>>
>>27904094
>it's not energy acceleration because I say so! (even though it reduces energy costs)
>it's not used in Standard! (even though it is)
>it's not viable! (even though that's irrelevant, it's still something next format won't have)
>Ultra Ball and Sycamore are enough to make discard-reliant cards as consistent as they are in a Compressor format! (even though streamed tournaments prove that wrong, but more importantly, that's irrelevant since this is a discussion about quantity)
>hugbox fallacy

No one's saying M Turbo stops being viable. I AM saying that turbo decks literally lose one of the most important consistency options, and that makes the viability of cards like M Turbo suffer. There's no arguing this. It's not like Ultra Ball and Sycamore are exclusive to next format.

The point of the post is plain and simple: next format has a tiny fraction of the acceleration options available to us today, period. You have Max Elixer, you have watered-down Yveltal and Mega Turbo, and that's pretty much it.

Why do you think we'll have MORE cards next format? Because that's the argument I'm making, and posting about anything else is attacking a strawman.
>>
>>27904294
Nice job ignoring my comparison to Head Ringer since it destroys your retarded argument. Energy acceleration is cheating the rules and using special means to apply more than one energy per turn. Is Yanmega energy acceleration because it attacks for free? Fucking idiot.
Name me the relevant deck that uses Blacksmith in standard.
If it's not viable in the meta, losing it doesn't matter. We're losing Landorus who was used longer than Aromatisse, but he's so irrelevant you forgot him, hence I'm right.
What retard decks are you running that isn't consistent enough to get an explosive start, which will almost always discard or draw the cards you need? Do you only play fucking Night March and can't fucking play a deck that requires the slightest bit of thinking?
What fallacy, you're whining about being called a retard when you're a huge fucking retard like most of the reprobates who frequent this board, you don't know shit about the game and you think you do because of TCGO. I mean shit you said Blacksmith is used in Standard.

By the way, Ray runs no more than 2 Battle Compressors with Jolteon, and more often than not you're discarding energy to fill your bench on turn 1 anyway and the compressors discard tech supporters, which is compressor's bigger use, not fucking energy acceleration.

Also, you're the idiot who said hard attach will dominate the meta and are so fucking stupid, which I should stop being surprised at, that to you this means Max Elixir and Mega Turbo being used in 99% of decks to the point energies haven't come out this fast since Dark Patch, translates to lack of acceleration. Guess what, retard, Max Elixir is so good that it makes a large portion of acceleration available now nearly obsolete since it's so much faster.

I mean holy shit your lack of meta knowledge is astounding. Fuck off and wait to watch worlds to get some fucking awareness or go back to Pokebeach and talk about how good Mega Slowbro is with Chaos Tower.
>>
>>27904607
>2016 acceleration options: Max Elixer, Mega Turbo, Yveltal, Bronzong, Blacksmith, Dimension Valley, etc
>2017 acceleration options: Max Elixer, Mega Turbo, Yveltal.
>"Next format has just as many energy acceleration options!" -You

>2016 discard options: Ultra Ball, Sycamore, Compressor
>2017 discard options: Ultra Ball, Sycamore.
>"Next format has just as many discard options!" -You

I have no clue why you're twisting this into a discussion about viability.
The first post literally ONLY said that most of our current options are rotating out.
Apparently that triggered you into interpreting that as ALL options are rotating out, or that hard attach will be the ONLY thing next format.
What are you taking to Worlds?
>>
>>27904731
what about clawitzer?
>>
>>27904794
Clawitzer is legal this format too.
>>
So, do you get a code for ptcgo in every physical booster? Kind of want to pick up one or two boosters for novelty.
>>
>>27904954
yes, you do.
>>
Fuck the matchmaking in the game. I go on a 8 win streak and now I ever get matched against are M Mewtwo Exs and fucking Flareon/Volcanions. Can't forget the intermittent Night March decks. I get that I should be going against stronger opponents, but this is shit, man. I go from 8 wins to 8 loses.

At least my mmr should be leveling out soon. It's very discouraging going from the top to the bottom.
>>
>>27905739
That means the matchmaking is good. Although I do hate that even on theme decks I'm only getting tactical geniuses on basic green/blue and that yveltal deck now. My last games have been grandmaster tier chess instead of the cakewalks I used to have
>>
Anyone got a Volcanion EX decklist they can share?
>>
File: yveeltal break.jpg (124KB, 904x561px) Image search: [Google]
yveeltal break.jpg
124KB, 904x561px
Is this a decent deck?

No i can't afford shaymin. Yes the N and Skyla are from the vs ladder.
>>
>>27903864
With poisonlock decks, you generally want the poison to knock them out on their turn so they don't have a chance to attack.
And since they'll pass with 120 on board and 40 slated between turns, attacking again would mess up the math.
PRC Sceptile might be either too slow or unnecessary. I'd either pair it up with Servine so you can keep them paralyzed while you set up again (use Double Scrapper off a Shrine on that turn), or at the very least something like Garbodor or Vileplume to stop switches.
>>
>tfw the trainer AI flat out cheats and evolves a mon turn 1 without the use of any outside cards
>>
So does the world championship stream ever give out codes and such?
>>
>>27906801
Yveltal Break is inferior to just running Fighting Fury Belt. The attack is shit unless you're running some gimmick garbage like Forretress or Golbat. Zoroark Break is a good card, on the other hand.
You don't really need Skyla, Eco Arm, or Special Charge here, Delinquent isn't a good card (especially without a stadium of your own), and you're missing your Ultra Balls.
>>
File: redo.jpg (113KB, 905x460px) Image search: [Google]
redo.jpg
113KB, 905x460px
>>27907180

thank you anon, here's an updated version im going to test
>>
>>27894084
It's apart of a sub series in generations called radiant collection
>>
>>27906992
>Ai has 1 pokemon on the field with nothing on the bench turn 2
>Uses Az
>Loses game
Uh, okay. It was hard mode too.
>>
Does this game download any files to C:(windows drive)? After I started playing I lost like 2GB of free space on it.
>>
Isn't Steam Siege live on the 19th? When can I use this shit in events?
>>
Where can I find the value of cards for TCGO? Curious about the value of my Lugia, think it's from Call of Legends.
>>
>>27907886
http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/25163-the-top-cut-trading-inc-2-earn-bb-points-for-cool-prizes-exs-more-steam-siege-now-listed/

http://forums.pokemontcg.com/topic/37031-phantom-knight-tc-all-breakpoint-cards-now-available-please-friend-phantomknighttc-after-ordering/

I prefer the second one.

Anyone have a Houndoom Ex for trade? I need a playset for a stupid as shit mill deck I'm trying to make.
>>
File: LugiaCallLegendsSL7.jpg (127KB, 280x389px) Image search: [Google]
LugiaCallLegendsSL7.jpg
127KB, 280x389px
>>27907965
Thanks, Anon. It's this card, and I'm pretty sure it's worth 12 packs at **. I really can't see anybody taking that though.
>>
>>27907886
For most Standard/Expanded cards, use the filters on public to deduce the price. Don't use anything posted on any forum, you'll be stolen from. All the prices on >>27907965's links are overinflated, several times over in some cases.

For Legacy and rarer Standard/Expanded cards, if the public comes up with no results, then it's smarter to do experimental trades. Sell over and buy well under forum prices until it either goes through or you're out of your bracket. If it's obscure or non-viable, you might have to just search trade chat until you find someone with it in their wants.
>>
>>27908042
>All
I spent a lot of time and gold trying to get an octillery for 3 packs on public trade and eventually gave up to get it for 3 from a company. I don't know about more valuable cards but they're really not bad for a lot of cheap ones.
>>
File: magearna-ex-steam-siege-sts-110.jpg (884KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
magearna-ex-steam-siege-sts-110.jpg
884KB, 700x990px
What is the point of this ability? In Standard, what relevant effects are prevented by Mystic Heart?
I've been playing with this teched into my deck for a week now and I've yet to see it stop anything.
>>
File: lugia-fates-collide-fcl-78.jpg (744KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
lugia-fates-collide-fcl-78.jpg
744KB, 700x990px
>>27908995
?
>>
>>27909088
Mystic Heart prevents neither Pressure nor Intensifying Burn's effect, though.
>>
File: effects.jpg (522KB, 1400x990px) Image search: [Google]
effects.jpg
522KB, 1400x990px
>>27909102
Shouldn't Mystic Heart prevent

>If your opponent’s Active Pokémon is a Pokémon-EX, this attack does 60 more damage.

? It's an additional effect, not part of attack's main damage.

I don't know then.
>>
>>27909425
Intensifying Burn's not affecting your Pokemon, it's affecting Lugia's damage.
Mawile's Twin Grapple isn't affecting your Pokemon, it's affecting the energies attached to them.
None of Umbreon's attacks interact with your Pokemon, either.

The only thing I can think of that Mystic Heart actually stops is Trevenant Break's attack.
>>
>>27909425
>except damage
>>
>>27908995
Zero, because standard revolves around one-shotting the opponent right now. If it would block some damage it would be ace, but right now it's useless against meta decks and metal will be fucking dead after rotation.
>>
>>27908089
I had a shitload of octillerys and traded them on public for 1 or 2 steam siege packs, you just need to try and hope you get lucky.
>>
>>27909503
>Zero, because standard revolves around one-shotting the opponent right now.
Trevenant, Yveltal, Seismitoad, Giratina, Darkrai, Zoroark, M Mane, Jolteon, all of Waterbox, Zygarde, Carbink, and Greninja regularly and consistently one-shot the opponent?
Or is your expert analysis ignoring 70% of the current meta to shitpost about Night March?
>>
>>27909593
But friend, 70% of the meta IS night march.
>>
>>27909630
How does the matchmaking work? I haven't come across a single Night March deck, but I'm using some shoddy piece of shit deck I've scraped together, winning against other decks that are just as bad, or worse, and losing to decks that just seem to get everything they need in the first fucking turn.
>>
File: please.png (258KB, 427x886px) Image search: [Google]
please.png
258KB, 427x886px
I'm absolutely hating life right now.
>>
>>27909653
PTCGO is a free to play tablet game aimed at literal children as the target audience.
Do you think children know how to trade for a functioning deck?
Do you think children even know what a functioning deck looks like?
Do you think children are playing perfect meta decks that reflect tournament results exclusively?

Dev on the forum already confirmed matchmaking is based exclusively off versus points (ie there is no matchmaking) and the game prioritizes speed matching over fairness.
>>
>>27909553
>octillery for steam siege packs

isn't that really cheap?
>>
>>27909818
Steam Siege will soon be a 0.5 pack
It has nothing absurdly meta in it and the money card is selling for 5.0 on public right now
It's only worth more than 0.5 because it's new and the hype hasn't worn off yet
>>
>>27909764
>avalugg mill

You a masochist?
>>
>>27909799
The final sentence was the only relevant one, so thanks for that at least.
>>
>>27909868
I was more explaining why you're not running into Night March, and why the decks you see are poorly conceived.
If PTCGO's playerbase reflected tournament results, every third match would be against Night March. But even at high points you don't see that.
>>
File: fuck me.png (1MB, 1920x1073px) Image search: [Google]
fuck me.png
1MB, 1920x1073px
>>27909864
yes
>tfw out of almost 20 games only thing I was able to mill was a rainbow deck from Pikachu Libre
>>
>>27908995
It can block ice beam paralysis
>>
survival bump
>>

hour and a half until worlds starts
>>
>>27911436
So is the thing they're showing now last year?
>>
Do we know what the next set of SR's are?
>>
>>27911603
most of the time they just play vods from past tournaments, rn they're playing tcg finals from 2015

you can tell if they're prerecorded when they have the youtube logo in the bottom right corner. it should switch over to twitch soon
>>
How often does the tournament lineup/prize setup change?
>>
>>27911912
by lineup I think you mean rotation, every year after Worlds 4-5 sets are dropped from the standard rotation, but they're still legal in expanded. i.e. going into Worlds this year, the sets XY - Steam Siege are legal, but after worlds only Primal Clash - Steam Siege are legal. On the other hand, in Expanded BW Base - Steam Siege are legal, and no sets are being dropped

Prize pools are slowly climbing, iirc this year the winner of TCG Masters will get $25,000 in scholarships + a ton of booster boxes

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/worlds/2016/pokemon-world-championships-prizes/
>>
>>27912069
I think he means tournaments in the client, in which case it's every Monday and there are special tournaments on weekends.
>>
>>27912239
my b, i barely play ptcgo
>>
1 minute until worlds starts

http://www.pokemonchampionships.com/
>>
>Special TCG announcement
>Sun and Moon will introduce a new mechanic
>GX Pokemon to succeed EX Pokemon
>They're EX Pokemon but better
>You can only use one GX attack per game
WOW
>>
new ultra rares with "GX" abilities that you can only use once per game

"this will revolutionize the trading card game"
>>
>>27913932
Did you get a screenshot of it? I couldn't get it in time
>>
>>27913967
I couldn't either, sadly. Solgaleo's was getting 5 energy from the deck and attatching iirc.
>>
>>27913967
Barely come to this thread, but here you go.
>>
Where can I get this years mat? I live in EU
>>
GX eh?
>>
>show will begin in 15 minutes
neat, let me just go to the bathroom
>show will begin in 30 minutes
aight fuck you pokemon
>>
>>27914120
ty anon

>lunala's attack is absolute trash
>sunsteel strike is probably going to cost 5 fire
>solgaleo's ability is just switch
>lunala's ability is just bad energy switch

the only good thing i can see is being able to knock out an ex immidiately

they're definitely going to revolutionize tcg

also: new card layout looks like trash
>>
>>27914327
>solgaleo's ability is just switch

just like keldeo's ability was just switch, right?

oh wait it's fucking insane

It's Aromatisse on what is presumably a basic or stage 1. That's the opposite of a bad energy switch.
>>
>>27914120
Solgaleo is nuts. Literally a better Keldeo EX, except it has an attack for fucking 230 and that GX move is insane. Getting that off Turn 1 is practically game. Notice it doesn't even specify Basic energies. 4 DCEs attached turn 1? Fully power up two Giratina and a Darkrai? It's down to the energy cost to balance this.

Lunala isn't as generic but still crazy. Max Potion M Mewtwos? M Alakazams? Fucking sure, it's psychic Fairy Transfer on a fucking Basic. Phantom Ray is garbage unless it literally has no energy cost, but Lunar Fall is a big fuck you to EX decks. Literally two free prizes whenever.

I can see Solgaleo going in EVERY SINGLE DECK once it hits. That ability is unbalanced as fuck.

If this is the par for GX Pokemon, then next format is going to be fucked. At least there's a hard limit on GX attacks.
>>
>>27914327
>Switch as often as you like
>just a bad energy switch
>>
>>27914327
You win the award for most ridiculously incorrect analysis in the history of the card game
>>
>>27914498
>I can see Solgaleo going in EVERY SINGLE DECK once it hits.
Oh cool more broken pay2win cards that will be in literally every deck. That's nice.
>>
File: 65464646462.png (76KB, 252x592px) Image search: [Google]
65464646462.png
76KB, 252x592px
>>27914120

Oh look, more hideously broken Basic EXes, with even more overloaded attributes.

Can't they just come back in 3 months when they've had some time to properly think things through

>Solgaleo
>Rush in
>An instakill on practically anything and everything
>FREE gigantic energy acceleration that even gets special energy cards

>Lunala
>Infinite energy transfer
>Midrange attack that will probably only cost 2 energy with or without D-Valley
>FREE prize at any point in the game, effectively meaning you only ever have to take 5 prizes and making things like regular Yveltal, Raikou, Volcanion etc just completely worthless on demand

Now I'm all for them trying new things but this is just horrible. There are absolutely no pre-requirements or anything, you just slap one of these down and they do a massive amount of work, while yielding the exact same as the typical EX. If these have over 170HP they should have yielded 3 prizes, not two.

Oh and things like Litleo will still be 50HP basics with no attributes other than [C] 20 damage, 10 to itself.
>>
>>27914646
Literally every card in the game is P2W, they don't give out free cards. That's how all card games work.
>>
>>27897543
That's okay I made a deck with 4 Gard EX and 2 of each of the Megas.
>>
>>27914120
The first time that I'm excited for tcg news since primes
>>
>>27914498
Uh GX attacks are once per battle like z-moves
>>
>>27914724
If the energy costs are too high, and they probably hopefully will be, then the attacks don't matter.

What does matter are those abilities. If these cards were printed with ONLY the ability and NO attacks, they would still be ridiculously insane. Keldeo 2.0 and Aromatisse: Basic Psychic Boogaloo are meta-defining abilities.

At the very least, you only get one GX attack per game. That's at
>>
>>27914120
Wonder why they ommitted the energy costs and censored the costs of the GX attacks. Just to show off the art? But then something is going on with the GX costs. Maybe we are getting GX energies or something
>>
>>27914916
Yeah, he addressed that in the comment.
>At least there's a hard limit on GX attacks.

Still gonna be crazy broken though
>>
>>27914916
Nothing in that post even implied otherwise, he even mentions it. Are you okay?
>>
>>27914759
I mean if you want to be a retarded deflecting pedant yeah you can't win if you haven't payed for 60 of them. But back in reality most cards have to work together and be used effectively. This garbage just has to be thrown into an arbitrary deck to faceroll and there is never any time when you would not want to throw it into a deck. It exists solely to help print money at the cost of making the game more same-y and less accessible.
>>
>>27915176
Shaymin is currently infinitely more mandatory than Solgaleo will ever be, and it's $40.
Meaning this card will not be more than $40. Especially since I doubt anyone will fit more than 1, maybe 2 tops of it into their deck. Just like Keldeo.
It's going to be another $15-$25 card like every other UR in the game, calm your shit down.
>>
>>27914759

So when Marshadow-GX comes out and its ability stops your opponent playing Item or Supporter cards, its attack does 50 to every opposing Pokemon for 1 dark energy and its GX move makes your opponent discard the top 30 cards of their deck, you'll just come along and shrug "this is how card games are meant to work!"
>>
>>27915259
shaymin reprint to lower costs when
>>
File: IMG_20160819_190559.jpg (3MB, 4096x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160819_190559.jpg
3MB, 4096x2304px
My friend told me i can choose one.
I was thinking about the gold alakazam EX
It is a good one?
>>
>>27915259
And shaymin is shit too. It makes for a cancerous metagame where everyone draws half their deck on their first turn if they've bought enough shaymins.
>>
>>27915332
No. Pick M-Alakazam and sell it for buckaroos.
>>
>>27915332
Either that or Wally
>>
>>27915294
>B-b-but what if they print a Goku card that does 9999999 damage for 0 energy and also it can't die and when you win it lets you rip your opponents cards and then it beats up my dad because he wouldn't buy me booster packs
What's even your point, dude?

>>27915360
>good generic cards aren't allowed to exist
>generic draw and consistency options makes a cancerous metagame (????)
>$40 is too much for a staple because I said so
There's nothing wrong with Shaymin.
The fact that you're unironically throwing around terms like P2W when talking about a card game is absurd in itself.
>>
>>27915360
Drawing cards has never been a problem in pokemon tcg.
Except when Trump Card existed.
>>
>>27915629
If anything, draw options like Shaymin only help the game. Stage 1/2/3 decks, for example, literally can't play the game unless you actually draw into the evolution pieces, and Shaymin enables that flawlessly.

And Shaymin is one of the more balanced draw Pokemon we've seen in a while, especially after hot messes like Azelf and Claydol.
>>
>>27915604

>B-b-but what if they print a Goku card that does 9999999 damage for 0 energy and also it can't die and when you win it lets you rip your opponents cards and then it beats up my dad because he wouldn't buy me booster packs
What's even your point, dude?

That you'd defend it because for some moronic reason you're going "oh it's okay if things are incredibly broken, that's just the nature of card games"

or are you being awkward on purpose for the sole reason of trying to score points with your little live audience here?
>>
Is this going to fuck the meta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW_DzvSjxZo
>>
>>27915783
Solgaleo will be good
Lunala will not
>>
>>27915604
>hurr it's really great how everyone can dump 8 nightmarchers and setup a vileplume on their first turn by abusing shaymin. this doesn't reduce the number of valid strategies at all

>The fact that you're unironically throwing around terms like P2W when talking about a card game is absurd in itself.
It's possible to make card games not pay to win and homogeneous while still having rare and desirable cards. Make a variety of viable cards with rare ones that have interesting comboable effects. Even if you're not capable of that they'll still be desirable if you only make them tangentially better. But because they felt they weren't making enough money they decided they should print something that would be completely mandatory with no real substitute.

You just like pay2win because you've paid and feel entitled to wins.
>>
>>27915717
>Stage 1/2/3 decks, for example, literally can't play the game unless you actually draw into the evolution pieces, and Shaymin enables that flawlessly.
Shaymin wouldn't have to enable you to instantaneously draw all your evolution pieces if it didn't enable your opponent to instantly itemlock you and start hitting for 100+ damage.
>>
>>27915783
we still don't know about other GX cards, or the cost of their regular acts and GX attacks
>>
>>27915783
Solgaleo will be OP
IF they are basic pokemon then Lunala could replace aromatise in some psychic decks
>>
>>27915771
>incredibly broken
Share the leaked energy costs, please.
Because as of right now, it's just a slightly better Keldeo reprint. If those energy costs are high, those two attacks will be useless.

Even if those energy costs end up being efficient and I wouldn't put it past them, Solgaleo ends up as a 1-2 staple like Shaymin, Sycamore, N, Lysandre, Ultra Ball, VS Seeker, the list goes on. And we already established that Solgaleo won't be magically more expensive than other, more important cards. So what's the problem here, other than muh meta?

And what's with the random ad hominem at the end there?

>>27915983
Does Sky Return lock items now?
Or maybe Set Up has some hidden clause I'm not aware of? You draw to 6 and then lock items?
Because I'm struggling to believe you're blaming other cards having an item lock effect on Shaymin.
>>
>>27915893
The only problem I'm reading here is that you don't want the game's staples to be expensive.
But $40 isn't expensive. How much should Shaymin cost? How did you come to that conclusion?

I also haven't spent a cent on the game since Rising Rivals, but I have no clue how that's even remotely relevant.
>>
Just started playing this game online.

What's the best way to grow your collection as a F2P player? Are there any theme decks better than Basic Blue/Green that are worth buying?
>>
>>27916162
>Because I'm struggling to believe you're blaming other cards having an item lock effect on Shaymin.
Look dumbass, the argument was that evolution would be too slow without shaymin. My point is that evolution wouldn't have to be as fast as it currently is if shaymin wasn't accelerating all its competitors to retard speed.

>>27916220
>The only problem I'm reading here is that you don't want the game's staples to be expensive.
Then work on your reading comprehension.

>$40 is not expensive for a piece of cardboard
Yes it is.

>I also haven't spent a cent on the game since Rising Rivals
>muh time investment

>how that's even remotely relevant
Because you don't care about the game being well balanced because its current state gives you an advantage.
>>
>>27914267
Gaymon, getcha gaymon...
>>
>>27915332
Bianca. Go for waifu
>>
>>27916389
I just started too, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
To get boosters quick you just play the Trainer Challenges until you get 4 stars, each 4stars in a trainer gives you a booster.
So faen playir I've beng on Theme Versus and I'm more than happy with my Basic Blue, but I also bought a Dark Hammer and I've ben having fun with it as well.
>>
>>27916410
card games aren't for you anon
>>
>>27916491
>So faen playir I've beng on
I don't even know how I ended up typing that
It meant to say "So far I've been using"
>>
>>27916410
>My point is that evolution wouldn't have to be as fast as it currently is if shaymin wasn't accelerating all its competitors to retard speed.
But both decks have access to Shaymin.
Wait, do you think Shaymin's always been around? What was your excuse before Roaring Skies hit the shelves? Do you think Stage 2 Pokemon were thriving before Shaymin existed?

>Yes it is.
It's not. Other card games have staples over $200 each.
>B-but other card games doing it doesn't make it okay for Pokemon to do it
Actually, it sets a standard for cardboard. It shows that Pokemon, with its 2-of $40 staple, is considered a budget game, and $40 is considered a budget price. If that's too high for you, then TCGs aren't for you. Play online if you want a cheap alternative.

>muh time investment
>Because you don't care about the game being well balanced because its current state gives you an advantage.
What? How do I have an advantage? Am I hoarding all the Shaymin? Do other players have to ask me permission to run Shaymin in their decks?
I'm not even sure what half your post is about. Are you saying I should play the game less? Why?
>>
>>27916491
Is there any point using higher AI difficulties or is it just to avoid snoozefests.

I started actually yesterday and have been trying to get unlock cards and want to eventually get some theme decks and then eventually probably build toward making a custom deck.

My ideal would probably be a mawile deck or something gimmicky.
>>
>>27916627
Higher AI makes the star meter go up faster, that's about it.
It's still pants-on-head retarded anyway, so might as well go for "hard" mode.
>>
>>27916389
Speedrun advice:
>Grind Versus to amass tournament tickets, ignore AI
>Use tournament tickets in Theme tournaments to amass tradable packs
>DON'T OPEN THEM
>Use them to generate a profit on the public trades, or at least trade for a standard deck
>>
>>27916510
Ok. As long as you admit you're incapable of arguing with my statements about balance and can only deflect by fixating on card cost.

>>27916605
>But both decks have access to Shaymin.
Yes. Shaymin is not some kind of benevolent force benefitting evolution decks because it is also benefitting other decks. I don't see why this is so hard. Shaymin creates an environment where it's too slow to draw evolution pieces without it so it is retarded to pretend shaymin is the only thing making evolution playable.
>>
>>27916775
>Shaymin is not some kind of benevolent force benefitting evolution decks because it is also benefitting other decks.

>Evolution decks rely on having specific cards in hand at the right time
>Non-evolution decks do not rely on having specific cards in hand at the right time
Which of these do you think benefits more from a high-consistency format?
Which of these do you think suffers the most from a format where you can't get cards into your hand quickly?
Do you understand now?
>>
>>27916846
>>Evolution decks rely on having specific cards in hand at the right time
Ultra ball exists. For evolution decks it only helps you get an evolution card instead of a hoopa, shaymin, a couple exs, and a hand refresh, though.

The two decks I play against that actually use stage 2 pokemon as attackers as opposed to ability bots (garchomp and greninja) have alternative ways to get their evolution pieces anyway.

Shaymin isn't making those decks playable and the vast majority of evolution decks still aren't playable. Maybe if they didn't have to deal with night march knocking out a pokemon a turn starting turn 1 they could be.
>>
File: XY11_Cruel_Traitor_pack[1].png (448KB, 360x720px) Image search: [Google]
XY11_Cruel_Traitor_pack[1].png
448KB, 360x720px
So why is Shiny Gardevoir evil and called a "Cruel Traitor" in the Japanese TCG?
>>
>>27916678
>>Use them to generate a profit on the public trades
Do you make consistent profit? Do you just flip things or is it more investing with market anticipation?
>>
>>27916678
So basically everything you do online is non-tradeable except for things you win in the tournament que?
>>
>>27917172
She kills off her friends
>>
I really want to use Mega Slowbro in Standard, is there any theory list out there yet?
>>
>>27917111
>Ultra ball exists.
Didn't this whole thing start because >>27915983 said item lock was a problem? You can't Ultra Ball through an item lock.
More importantly, you can run both Shaymin AND Ultra Ball in the same deck. They even synergize nicely.

And wasn't the very start of this you saying that Shaymin was too mandatory a card? Now you're trying to convince me that all these Stage 1 and 2 decks like Garchomp and Greninja don't need it to function? What are you even arguing at this point?

>the vast majority of evolution decks still aren't playable.
Vast majority of non-evolution decks also aren't playable. It's not a mechanic problem, it's a printing problem.

You're the same guy who posted about EXs dominating next format a few threads ago, aren't you?
>>
>>27917216
>Do you make consistent profit?
You just need to make enough to trade for your first deck, then you can do whatever from there.

>Do you just flip things or is it more investing with market anticipation?
Both.

>>27917267
Only packs obtained from:
>Tournaments
>Redeemed codes
>Daily quests past a certain level
>Bought with gems (Canada only)
are tradable.
>>
first match is starting
>>
>>27917381
No, this started because someone was pretending making everything go faster somehow made slow decks viable. That is wrong and the fact that slow decks aren't good is proof that it is wrong.

I didn't say they don't need it to function you intellectually dishonest and/or stupid faggot. I said they have alternative ways to get pieces which would help them in the hypothetical meta we're discussing.

And who the fuck runs garchomp without shaymin? Greninja is the singular meta deck that can be run with no shaymin because of frog's attack and dive ball and it still lacks consistency.

>Vast majority of non-evolution decks also aren't playable.
The ratio isn't remotely the same and you know it. Stop trying to drag this out by deflecting with obviously spacious bullshit. Stick to the point.

You're the same guy who spent half a thread trying to misrepresent the point to be some kind of eternal universal because you can't handle nuance, aren't you?
>>
>First featured match is Night March vs Seismitoad/Greninja
>Not Greninja Break or Breakpoint, the Seismitoad/Greninja deck from two years ago
>>
>>27918018
I fucking love Seismitoad
>>
File: formantis.png (43KB, 206x300px) Image search: [Google]
formantis.png
43KB, 206x300px
Worst designs easily go to the new grass-type Pokemon. At least pic related evolves into something cute but Bounsweet and Morelull are so fucking uninspired. The Finnow/Lumineons of this generation.
>>
>>27917172
You tell me anon.
>>
>>27918124
aw fug wrong thread

still tru tho
>>
>>27917973
>No, this started because someone was pretending making everything go faster somehow made slow decks viable
It makes decks that rely on consistency more consistent. Evolution decks are decks that rely on consistency.
By having more consistency options like Shaymin, decks that rely on consistency, such as Evolution decks, become more consistent.
Do non-Evolution decks become more consistent? Yes. Do non-Evolution decks rely on that consistency? No.
Do Evolution decks have non-Shaymin ways to get their pieces. Yes. Does this mean that they function just as well in a Shaymin-less meta? No, because of the previous points.
I don't know how else to explain this.

No, I was the third party that pointed out we'd have a lot of non-EX decks contending next format. You had some really questionable opinions on Hoopa EX and EX in general.
>>
>>27918124
We don't know what they evolve into. And don't tell me they don't evolve; there is no way on earth something with such a simple design cannot evolve; Bounsweet is literally JUST a mangosteen. It will evolve.
>inb4 Carbink
>>
>Toad opens perfectly, immediately locks
>NM drops Ranger, does everything he was going to anyways, and KOs Seismitoad on the same turn
>>
I defeated a Tyranitar EX, a Yveltal EX and an Absol using a Stunfisk. Am I awesome? (sorro for bad english btw)
>>
>>27918330
git rekt
>>
>>27918330
remember when toad was bdif and nm was a meme deck
>>
>the fat nightmarch player has an anime girl deck box
literal lol
>>
>>27918227
>Do non-Evolution decks rely on that consistency? No.
Unless they're some kind of large scale combo deck that allows you to shut down evolution decks before they get rolling. Good thing nothing like that exists. And as I type this a night march deck uses 3 shaymins to knock out an undamaged seismitoad turn 2. Good shit.

>pointed out we'd have a lot of non-EX decks contending next format
No, you pointed out a lot of non-ex decks currently exist. They're all being hurt while ex decks are effectively getting buffed. The only non-ex decks that have a chance are xerneas. Which are, incidentally, large scale combo decks.
>>
I haven't payed attention since last year's worlds
Why greninja over bats? Damage can happen more commonly?
>>
>>27918699
no clue. this is the first time i've seen toad / frogs
>>
>>27918556
And as I type this, we see Shaymin doing nothing for a Night March deck whereas a Greninja player is using it to set up a Stage 2 and take a prize on a Mew.
It's almost like Shaymin is just a generically good consistency card that every deck can utilize. And it's almost like neither of our anecdotes actually change what I said: consistency-reliant decks benefit from Shaymin more than non-consistency-reliant decks, and Evolution decks are consistency-reliant.

And your examples of these EX "buffs" included gems such as
>Fighting Fury Belt isn't rotating
and
>Hoopa EX still exists
If you still think Xerneas is the only contending non-EX deck for next format, I don't know what else to say.
>>
>>27918699
>>27918739
Oh that Fisherman supporter seems really big for Grenjinja
>>
the fucking top deck
>>
>>27919190
I hope nm doesnt get the championship just like toad last year
>>
File: 1459800690969.jpg (62KB, 600x476px) Image search: [Google]
1459800690969.jpg
62KB, 600x476px
>Build deck to counter NM
>Lose to NM
>>
>>27919251
the only reason he won was because of lucky pokemon rangers. the toad / frogs player set up perfectly, but ranger just cancels the quaking punch
>>
>>27918794
>Look someone is using a shaymin to instantly set up a lock to get around his opponent using a shaymin to instantly blow him up.
Yeah shaymin's pretty op.

>Evolution decks are consistency-reliant
And they're shit on by other, faster consistency-reliant decks. It's entirely reasonable to think they'd be better if they didn't have night march and company shitting on them even harder than generic ex's shit on them. Of course a lot of ex's are helped by extensive, consistent combos too.

You're presenting this as something inherent and one dimensional and it's not. It's easier to search your deck for evolutions than it is to search your deck for a stadium, special energy, and a bunch of battle compressors.

>If you still think Xerneas is the only contending non-EX deck for next format
I'm still waiting on the non-ex non-xerneas decklist that you think will be good, senpai. Maybe there's even an evolution deck you think will be good!

>>Fighting Fury Belt isn't rotating
And everything that can remove it is. And the item that can help lower attack non-ex's punch through that hp is being rotated. You know that was the point. You're just being intentionally obtuse.
>>
>>27919351
>I'm still waiting on the non-ex non-xerneas decklist that you think will be good, senpai. Maybe there's even an evolution deck you think will be good!
I posted over a dozen of them when we had this discussion five threads ago. It's in the archive.

>You know that was the point. You're just being intentionally obtuse.
The point is that you're ignoring FFB attaches to Basics, not EXs.
>>
>>27919308
Karen is the missing card for a counter format
>>
>>27919402
Since Karen is legal in Japan, doesn't that make it legal for Worlds?
What are the rules for Worlds when it comes to asymmetrical formats?
>>
>>27919393
ex's are basics lol

>>27919402
;_;7
>>
>>27919474
Only English legal cards can be played in worlds
>>
>>27919489
>ex's are basics lol
Excellent deduction. Will you also point out that Fighting Fury Belt is a Tool?
The point is they don't benefit EXs exclusively. If anything, with half of next format's contending EXs being Megas, we'll see FFB attached to non-EXs more than not.
>>
>>27919528
Shit has to be the biggest irritation for japanese players
>>
>>27919552
You think they would be upset or happy if they just delayed their sets to match the rest of the world's release schedule?
>>
>>27919393
>I posted over a dozen of them when we had this discussion five threads ago.
No, you posted a bunch of decks that are only borderline viable now. I asked you to pick one that you're actually willing to assert will be good. Then we can look at how the changes affect it!

>The point is that you're ignoring FFB attaches to Basics, not EXs.
And what non-xerneas non-ex basics do you foresee making use of this?

>>27919539
>The point is they don't benefit EXs exclusively.
Yeah that's why xerneas may not be shit. Evolutions sure will be though!
>>
>>27919539
>The point is that you're ignoring FFB attaches to Basics, not EXs.

they don't exclusively benefit non-ex basics either
>>
>an hour until next tcg match
>30 minutes until next vg match
why don't they have multiple matches with stream possibility set up so there's less downtime?
>>
>>27914480

It's even better than Keldeo because you don't even need Float Stone.
>>
>>27919592
Do you have a link to the archive? I really don't want to go through 10+ threads or open up PTCGO just to deal with this shitposting.

Off the top of my head, the list of all the contending decks for next format include
EX:
>Darkrai/Giratina
>M Rayquaza*
>M Mewtwo
>M Sceptile*
>M Gardevoir SS*
Non-EX:
>Yveltal/Zoroark*
>Baby Volcanion/Firebox
>Xerneas Break
>Rainbow Road
>Greninja Break*
And this is excluding some potential rogues like Yanmega Break, Raichu/X, Serperior, Volcarona, Shiftry, post-rotation Vileplume/X, Carbink/Zygarde, and weird Japanese decks like Lugia Break. I'm also ignoring the upcoming set's leaks (Mewtwo looks promising).
The decks marked with * are the ones most affected by Garbodor. But I'd be willing to argue that all of them short of Greninja can function just fine through it.

Something to notice is that the most prominent EX decks are mostly Megas. FFB isn't going to see much use in those.
Am I forgetting something? Do you disagree with any of these?
>>
>>27919908
Greninja break's gonna be shit. I already mentioned the xerneas decks.

>Baby Volcanion/Firebox
>flareon ex being supported by volcanion ex
Being set up by a basic pokemon doesn't make it not an ex deck.

>Yveltal
Is used to set up darkrai ex. Are you talking about some kind of Yveltal/Zoroark Break?
>>
>there are still kids complaining about EX
they've existed for years and years and years, time to grow up and move on
>>
>that moment when night march completely destroys toad thanks to steam siege being legal
>>
>>27919756

Essentially, but still need a 2nd attacker or something with free retreat if you're trying to get rid of an effect on your active.
>>
>>27906992
What Pokemon was it? Some Pokemon have Ancient Traits that let them evolve immediately
>>
>>27917451
>>Do you just flip things or is it more investing with market anticipation?
>Both.
Any tips on what's good to flip?
>>
>>27909839
>Sycamore selling for 5 packs

dude what
>>
>>27898264
Dark Hammer is a safe deck and can compete with blue and green but it is still edged out slightly. The Scrafties are 100% useless but the Hariyama is great vs. fire/water decks and the Korrinas are great cards in general.
>>
>>27921287
>Scrafties are 100% useless
>That one time you roll 4 heads in a row to both beat confusion and swing for 150 damage

I completely agree, but when the RNG is on your side it's beautiful.
>>
File: gardevoir.png (1MB, 1252x751px) Image search: [Google]
gardevoir.png
1MB, 1252x751px
Can I get some advice on my Gardevoir deck? I'll admit I'm not the best at deck building at all so any help would be appreciated. I was thinking about adding Hoopa EX to speed up the draw a bit. Thoughts?

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 16

* 1 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 3 Gardevoir-EX PRC 105
* 1 Gardevoir-EX GEN 130
* 2 M Gardevoir-EX GEN 131
* 2 Spritzee BKP 84
* 2 Aromatisse XY 93
* 3 Xerneas XY 96
* 2 M Gardevoir-EX STS 79

##Trainer Cards - 30

* 1 Pokémon Fan Club FLF 106
* 3 Fairy Drop FAC 99
* 2 Lysandre FLF 90
* 2 Dimension Valley PHF 93
* 2 Ultra Ball FLF 99
* 2 Hard Charm XY 119
* 1 Evosoda XY 116
* 1 Teammates PRC 160
* 4 Gardevoir Spirit Link PRC 130
* 2 Fairy Garden XY 117
* 1 Ace Trainer AOR 69
* 3 Professor Birch's Observations PRC 134
* 1 Energy Recycler AOR 72
* 2 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 1 Exp. Share PRC 128
* 1 Delinquent BKP 98
* 1 N DEX 96

##Energy - 14

* 10 Fairy Energy Energy 9
* 2 Double Colorless Energy FAC 114
* 2 Wonder Energy PRC 144

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******
>>
>>27921573
Don't mix the M Gardevoirs. They operate very differently.
Brilliant Arrow Gardevoir obviously relies on spamming energies. Despair Ray Gardevoir relies on you spamming the bench with Basics like Shaymin and Hoopa, then safely discarding them.

Energy Recycler, Evosoda, Birch, Ace Trainer, Delinquent, Fan Club, Hard Charm, Teammates and Wonder energy are bad cards here. Instead, max out Ultra Balls, VS Seekers, fit in Sycamores, and then work on your techs.

It would be easier just to tell you to google for an M Gardevoir deck, and make sure you specify which one.
>>
>>27921573
drop birch, ace trainer, exp share, fairy drop, cut down your basic fairy energy

add 4 sycamore, 1 N, 2 ultra balls, 2 vs seeker, super rod

that's all i can see from a glance
>>
>>27921573
This is just me but i feel like aromatisse is shit. The line takes up 4 cards which can be used for something else like Hoopa ex. Max out your ultra balls. Add mega turbo. Add xerneas break if you want exp share. Energy recycler and fairy drop a shit. Hard charm won't help Xerneas much. Add a float stone.

Dimension valley and Aromatisse leave the format in september.

Birch is ass
>>
File: 20160819_170433.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_170433.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Quality.
>>
>>27921815
>i feel like aromatisse is shit

it is shit
>>
>>27921865
>no sleeves
>>
>>27921681
>Despair Ray Gardevoir relies on you spamming the bench
I've been using her as a cheap energy 110 attack. Combined with Dimension Valley it's 1 energy for 110 attack. And without it's 2.

>>27921698
>>27921815
>>27921970
I'll look into this. Thanks for the suggestions!

Another question: What do I do against Carbink?
>>
>audino ex

based japs going mad out there
>>
wtf is this audino deck lmfao

glad to see some creativity against NM
>>
I wanted to make an audino deck. Looks old school throwback for me
>>
>>27922131
Nope. I play them raw.
>>
>>27922281

Mega Audino is much more like a beefed up Darkrai EX, which isn't too much of a throwback.
>>
>>27922427
>devaluing your cards
>making it more difficult to shuffle
yuck
>>
>we didn't have a picture ready
what does audino do? 2HKO with bench damage?
>>
>>27922513

110 with 50 to a benched pokemon if you used a supporter
>>
Why does he play Mew? Can't it only copy Basic attacks?
>>
>>27922572

seems like a good tech

if dimension valley is out it can copy regular audino's do the wave and do 60+ for easy knock outs against night march
>>
>max elixir on to mega audino

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
Jason Klaczynski is going 0-1-1
Mega Audino is beating Night March

what a world championship
>>
>>27922756
shit I didn't even notice that
>>
>>27922760

Just got into the TGC mood, where can I find a stream?
>>
>>27922826
>>
>>27914120
Am I the only digging these card layouts? Because they look coller than what we have now.
>>
>>27914991
The cards are still being balanced for the upcoming sets.
>>
File: that mew.png (684KB, 1099x589px) Image search: [Google]
that mew.png
684KB, 1099x589px
that mew looks so sexy what the fuck kind of holo is it?
>>
File: laughingsexualassault.jpg (304KB, 1198x899px) Image search: [Google]
laughingsexualassault.jpg
304KB, 1198x899px
>this disaster of a game

holy fuck
>>
>>27923001
it's a japense holo rare, they look so much better than the english. the holo is over the full card

:(
>>
David is cute
>>
>>27923001
Japanese.
The japanese cards have holo edging and grey borders instead of yellow. Superior in every way
>>
File: sneasel.jpg (32KB, 255x350px) Image search: [Google]
sneasel.jpg
32KB, 255x350px
>>27922428
I'm an oldfag
>>
File: ssseriously.png (181KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
ssseriously.png
181KB, 300x260px
why the fuck is kermit the frog commentating the Roodhof v. Van Wagner match with I think maybe JWittz
>>
>>27923192
if you're going to get really oldfag about it it's a direct throwback to Wigglytuff
>>
>>27923233

>hating on pooka

he's the only person that should be commentating

nobody else knows what the fuck is going on, look at kristy britton vs tomoya sakurai for proof

niggas might as well be not watching the game for all they know
>>
File: 1465789857693.png (775KB, 1001x1001px) Image search: [Google]
1465789857693.png
775KB, 1001x1001px
>battle online
>they laughed when I used mega audino
>still beat them
>see match
>mfw
>>
File: additional questions.jpg (33KB, 296x418px) Image search: [Google]
additional questions.jpg
33KB, 296x418px
>>27923233
hold on, is that the fucking lovechild of RayWilliamJohnson and Kermit? is rwj even alive anymore

also holy shit nice fucking clam-up van Wagner

>>27923296
not hatin', just observin'

he seems quite 'aight
>>
>>27923067
Just came in, what happened?
>>
>>27923448
first game the jp player attatched a max elixir energy to a mega, game got delayed for 10+ minutes waiting on a translator

Audino is beating NM
>>
>>27923448

the broadcasters didn't know Tomoya's name originally

then the broadcasters didn't know what M Audino did and didn't even have an imagine of mega Audino for the stream

finally things get rolling and Tomoya plays a max elixir onto M Audino

it takes them 10 minutes to roll the game back and Kristin is given a prize

immediately after Kristen plays down too many pokemon into a Parallel City and before they can correct her and roll the game back, she just concedes
>>
>>27923554
why has every player shown so far been terrible?
>>
Fuck Night March
>>
>>27923729

fuck you
>>
>>27923671
because this is day 1 with all the people not good enough to advance outright
>>
I'm not watching the stream right now, but from what I can gather from the comments here, it's a complete shit show.
Any reason to think otherwise?
>>
>>27923814
Hey fuck you buddy
>>
>>27923828

It was really just that one game. The games on the main stream have been fine and the game before that one on the tcg stream was fine. A stomp, but fine.
>>
>>27923815
The fact that players like Kristeen can make it shows how bad the current invite model works.
>>
What did I miss, how long until the next game?
>>
>>27923729
>>27923814
>>27923842

fuck all yall
>>
>>27923868
I see, thanks.

Maybe I'll watch it farther down the road, because with the shitty mistakes people mentioned as of now, seems like I gotta wait for the shitter players to get out.
>>
>>27923274
>D O T H E W A V E

But Sneasal is better really.
>>
>>27924219
too bad that isn't the main attack.
>>
when did the muppets start endorsing the tcg?
>>
Wow what a classic game.
>>
why are they wearing headsets?
>>
N I N J A

B O Y 'D
>>
>>27924834
from what i've seen, so the competitors can hear each other clearly + so someone watching can't hint at the opponent's hand etc.
>>
>>27924971
Blocks out noise and allows them to hear each other.
>>
Sam just played out trainers when Dylan had a Trevenant active. How many illegal moves are going to be made on screen at worlds?
>>
>>27925041

As many as the judges allow.

They are incredibly slow in stopping players from doing illegal things.
>>
>>27925041
Today I learned that no one knows how to play. They should just use the online game next year.
>>
File: louislaugh.gif (170KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
louislaugh.gif
170KB, 170x200px
PTCG general calling a bunch of players at worlds garbage is hilarious
>>
>>27925197
When they are making mistakes like the ones made so far. yeah...
>>
>3 prize penalty
Wow
>>
correct me if im wrong, but didnt he also play AZ the turn he played ninja boy!? To lift the vileplume! I thought they caught that.
>>
>>27925271

You have to wonder how many are mistakes and how many are genuine attempts to cheat. All of these plays should know better.
>>
do the commentators ever know what's going on?
>>
>>27898152
Blue is slightly stronger, but Green is more flexible and in my opinion a bit more fun. They're both miles better than anything else in that format.
>>
>>27925415

the beaner is the worst

he literally never knows what cards do or what's going on in game

he's fucking awful
>>
>>27925383
Some of them should. The big thing about is is that the invite format allowed for people to get into worlds by just traveling to tournaments.
>>
Mag-arna? I thought it was Ma-Gear-na?
>>
File: d53.jpg (185KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
d53.jpg
185KB, 500x445px
>Ma-jar-na
>>
>3-prize penalty
>still lose
>>
what was the prize penalty for? I wasn't paying attention and i just heard it mentioned at the end of the game
>>
>>27892851
With some of the sets rotating out soon it seems, what sets should I buy in to? Will roaring skies be in the rotation long enough for it to be worth investing in?
>>
>>27925726
It contains a card that's going to be mandatory for every deck in the format so there's that.

How many packs do you have to open to average 1 shayman, anyway?
>>
>>27925757
shaymin is one of the "rare" EX cards, so I'd assume you'd find 1 in every ~2 booster boxes

>>27925726
you're better off buying singles and not wasting your money on booster boxes only to get shitty unplayable EXs and 99x krabby. If you just want to open boosters casually buying a box is a great idea, but if you want to get into competitive and get the cards you need, just buy singles.
>>
>toxicroak ex

lmao these BRs
>>
>>27926037
It will be interesting if he manages to setup before the oppponent drops float stone.
>>
>>27925834
I am more of a collector first, and I love the gamble. So I might as well open packs till I have most of the set then buy the last few plus the rares I hadn't opened yet. I might play at a local sci fi factory that supposedly has a decent size scene after a while, but for now I am ok with just playing TCGO.
>>
>Solgaleo is Keldeo but better, ending Lysandre stall entirely without a backup Garbodor and the best energy accelerator ever seen (assuming colorless energy cost)
>Lunala is a fucking basic Aromatisse for Psychic, heavily buffing M-Mewtwo, M-Alakazam, and makes Trev in expanded extremely scary as it can swap around Mystery Energies and use its attack to kill any Yveltals or Darkrais that set up

The first batch of a new feature usually sucks dick, but both of these are stupidly good. They better be impossible to attack with or like evolutions for a Solgaleo/Lunala EX.
>>
>>27926210
Speaking of Malamar in the fucking tournament that shit is going in expanded Trev as well thanks to Lunala.
>>
Is there any other stream other than twich?
Its working like crap for me.
>>
>>27926140
I would definitely reccoment getting a box if you just want to collect, you're almost guaranteed a few ultra rares, and if you want to complete the set you'll almost definitely get at least one copy of all of the commons / uncommons, and a few rares / URs
>>
M A X A M A R
>>
>>27926357
Do not buy a box unless
a) the set is new
b) the set has big money cards
c) the price is around 80-90 dollars

Plasma Freeze is 200 dollars a box and your only option to make the difference is to pull an Ultra Ball. I regret not buying a box of Roaring Skies for 70 last year. Remember, a box usually has about 20 dollars worth of bulk commons and uncommons, so you make up the difference with the rares. If you can't easily, don't buy the box.
>>
Why are the majority of the participants from the USA?
>>
>>27926470
A box for 70? Wtf.
>>
>>27926037
Toxicroak is the anti aegislash tech
>>
>>27926503
Yep, they weren't selling Pokemon to anyone so they marked it down on the last day of the event. I passed because at the time all I was missing was Shaymin, and at the time he was like 30, so I assumed my best case scenario was to break even as prices would likely drop. I was wrong.
>>
I built the jap Audino deck. 3 Straight tournament wins.
>>
mfw they put the wrong shaymin on the screen

>>27926470
first box I bought was boundaries crossed, got all shit ex's and shit ace specs, back then I was just a collector and I didn't know you could get computer search and keldeo, so I was happy with 2x white kyurem ex + assorted shit ace specs + a sr altaria
>>
>>27926603
List? I didn't get to see it on stream.
>>
Why didnt he just use puzzle for N instead of vs seeker?
>>
File: screen-capture-1.png (760KB, 511x712px) Image search: [Google]
screen-capture-1.png
760KB, 511x712px
Holy shit.
>>
File: screen-capture-2.png (763KB, 514x708px) Image search: [Google]
screen-capture-2.png
763KB, 514x708px
>>
SLEEVES
>>
>>27926897
what happened in the game on the tcg stream? i saw the judge looking through the guy with long hair's deck

did he have marked sleeves or smth?
>>
>>27926503
I'm friends with my local game store owner so I can get boxes for a little more than that.
Still not worth it, though. I'd just rather buy singles.
>>
>>27926957
Something about the sleeves and damaged cards
>>
>>27926778
>>27926812
this art is pretty top notch
>>
>>27927043
>shitty 3d
>art
Nope,
>>
>>27926778
>>27926812

Why are these so broken.
>>
CLIFTON HAD A MARKED CARD. FAGGOT GOT BTFO
>>
>>27927066
lets see you do a "shitty 3D" then mr Im so talented
>>
>>27927117
I wouldn't. I'd fucking draw like a real artist.
>>
>>27927138
>Pokemon
>Real artist
Anon... That died long ago.
>>
>>27927066
I dont see why you dislike because its better than most of 5ban full arts to me.
>>
>>27926778
>>27926812
nice i hope they bring elemental heroes too
>>
>>27927551
I hope full arts become a standard and not just a more rarer version of another card
Thread posts: 343
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.