[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the future of Mega-Evolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1471386713346.jpg (467KB, 2078x2107px) Image search: [Google]
1471386713346.jpg
467KB, 2078x2107px
Shit posting and conspiracy theories aside. If GameFreak goes mad man and actually remove Mega Evolution from the main series in Sun/Moon. How will they justify removing this feature?

Maybe Team Flare's weapon activation destroys all mega stones in the games and in the anime coming up in a few episodes contrary to its original usage where it created mega stones.

Maybe Zinnia was right about the alternate universes with/without mega evolutions and Sun/Moon follows the RS/FRLG -> HGSS/Pt -> BW -> B2W2 timeline and we abandon mega evolutions until the gen6 remakes in gen10?

Or is it likely that mega evolutions still exist and are just postgame stuff? GameFreak did create abilities (and 1 move) exclusive for certain mega evolutions (and 2 primals). Parental Bond, the -Ate abilities, Primordial Sea/Desolate Earth, Dragon Ascent, etc.
>>
>>27891208
It doesn't need a story justification as it was a shoehorned mess that stuck out in the first place. All it needs to do to work on a story-level is not exist.

If it's gone I'll be so fucking happy.
>>
Megas will probably be post-game only, with some sub-plot that involves the Kalos cast.

I really don't want Mega-Beedrill removed ;_;.
>>
>>27891208
>gamefreak
>justifying anything
Whatever they do, you'll buy it anyway. They own you.
>>
>>27891208
I'm gonna say post game. It's clear Z-moves exist to balance things out for non-megas. Your favourite shitmon might not get a Mega but it'll get the chance to OHKO its opponent.

Besides, we've seen a Mega stone glittering on the floor in one of the trailers. It's in the trailer where riding Tauros was first introduced.
>>
File: 1408339959464.jpg (46KB, 508x428px) Image search: [Google]
1408339959464.jpg
46KB, 508x428px
More bad writing featuring timelines and parallel universes, but I seriously doubt they'd drop megas with how major they are in advertising and merch
>>
File: poll mega retcon mid june.png (566KB, 679x518px) Image search: [Google]
poll mega retcon mid june.png
566KB, 679x518px
>>
>>27891208
BW2 and XY take place at the same time in the same timeline

Also, the real answer could be they reference it but it's simply not important in Alola, because Megas existing doesnt mean every region centers its lives around it
>>
>>27891208
There isn't any need to retcon the Mega evolutions because they already HAVE done so. The end of Delta Episode confirmed that there are now two universes. Gens 1-5 exist in the first universe, and Gen 6+ORAS exist in the second. Only the second universe has Mega Evolution.

All they have to do is put Gen 7 in the first universe instead of the second. That's it.
>>
>>27892089
That could easily have been a z-Crystal. Or something else entirely.
>>
File: official timeline.png (31KB, 640x284px) Image search: [Google]
official timeline.png
31KB, 640x284px
>>27894807
But BW2 and XY take place at the same time
>>
They can't back now that they pushed them too much. I'm a firm believer megas will remain, if we don't get new at least they will still be there.
>>
Why would they remove a good feature
>>
I don't think SM will introduce new ones but I think the stones and mechanics will still be there. Maybe post game only.

I think megas are better suited, going forward, as marketing tools for future remakes. Focus the new megas on the ones from that region and you have more incentive to replay/buy gen 4 and 5 games again.
>>
>>27894948
They happen at the same time, but in different universes. Easy as that.
>>
>>27892451
If it takes place in the same timeline why is my Whimsicott not immune to dragon type attacks?
>>
>>27895141
Because autists on 4chan are delusional
>>
>>27895247
Because Ganefreak sucks and retcins shit all the time

Both Hoenn and Kalos are the sources of Megas. The answer is don't think about it

>>27895236
But that timeline doesn't imply that at all. The equal sign wouldn't be used twice and have two different meanings with no implication that is the case
>>
>>27895841
*retcons
>>
I believe they will be post game stuff or at least available mid game or half way to the game i think they wont bring any new megas but just the old ones.

The only ones i can see gamefreak introducing would be starters megas (for gen 2)if they continue the trend of giving you a second or third starter like in ORAS & XY
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.