[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Special

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Natsume 14.jpg (238KB, 800x575px) Image search: [Google]
Natsume 14.jpg
238KB, 800x575px
I wanted to ask about Pokemon Special, /vp/. I don't frequent this board anymore, so I'm not sure why people dislike it. What are some of the reasons why? I really, really wanna know.
>>
Most people I know hyped it to hell. I'd try getting into it but it was not that good at least in the first arcs. The characters felt like they had zero personality outside of there cookie cutter archetypes. Also people try to peg it as being definitive but the fact that league characters are changed to villians shows a change of focus from the games. To me personally that was the worst possible change in focus you can do. The only challenger versus challenger match was red versus green. Red was declared the winner even though he used more Pokémon than Green. I was informed they actually explain their unintuitive rules in later arcs: you can use as many Pokémon at once and if you beat one of your opponent's Pokémon you're the winner. I shouldn't have to explain why those rules are dumb as fuck. Got bored midway through yellow. I haven't read the manga enough to say the anime is actually better. But from what I can tell there are in the same ballpark. Also fucking levels
>>
>>27890567
It`s a pokemon narrative product where shit actually happens and its more complex than the teletubbies.

Of course the pokemon fanbase hated it.
>>
>>27890567
Sabrina is so hot

>she will never appear in the anime again in updated animation
>>
>>27893599
Yeah, she is.

>>27893020
I figured this was it for the most part.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>27893599
damn i hope her return in future episodes with her look from pokestudios.

And finally a real battle Mega Alakazam vs Mega Gengar
>>
>>27890567
Special is far better written than the show, but is still kinda trash. The problem is that it is trash in a very nice bag, so much so that it looks like you want in. Once you are in, you realize its just trash. If you are smart, you just leave, but some people insist that since they have given time and possibly money to it, that this must not really be trash. They prove that it isn't trash to themselves by trying to push it.

I hate to be that guy, but honestly the biggest problem with it is the fanbase, who force their shitty imaginationland special into actual Pokemon cannon, then sperg out when you tell them differently.
>>
>>27893020
>It`s a pokemon narrative product where shit actually happens
Tell me about Black.
>>
>>27895257
But how is it trash? That doesn't explain anything to me. I've read it. I didn't think it was anything that impressive, but I didn't think it was trash. I'm asking for insights into the problems with the narrative I might have overlooked. Just saying its trash doesn't mean anything if you can't provide examples of what you're talking about.

Your entire post is just a baseless fucking accusation.
>>
>>27895359
Not same anon, but in my opinion is so mature for a child public, but so soft for adult public.

It's just meh
>>
Where can I read all of pokemon special these days?
>>
>>27890567
It's shit
>>
>>27890567
Edgy.

That aside the characterization gets fucking stupid at times. What the fuck is going on with them in the Black and White 2 chapters. Why did Emerald need to exist. Even Black's premise is kind of stupid. Who the hell needs a tapir to leech your brain because of daydreams?

Oh and the second artist is mediocre. I hate the way all the characters have Whoville noses. The original artist was much better. The Pokemon were drawn better too.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.