[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monotype Run!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Fire Types.png (35KB, 469x169px) Image search: [Google]
Fire Types.png
35KB, 469x169px
Just wanted to share a new monotype run I've started (I'm'a be the very best gym leader there ever was).

Game: SacredGold
Type: Fire
Team:
>Charmeleon
>Quilava
>Slugma
>Houndour
>Numel

I'm open to critique/advice, but would also like to see y'all share any recent monotype runs you've done.

Just finished Sprout Tower. Already got five fire -types cause SacredGold's got mad pokemen all over the place (and an eevee + firestone I can turn into a flareon). Not sure who I should replace with what and when, though I know Arcanine's a boss. Numel's ugly as sin, but dat earthquake dough.

My main issue at the moment is I'm gonna need an HM slave because no firetypes learn Surf.

(If you haven't played SacredGold, I should note that all Gym Leaders get six pokemon, so Falkner's gonna be a bitch unless I power-level Charmeleon/Slugma).
>>
>>27890361
Sadly bumping myself.

Beat Falkner's six mons with Charmeleon's DragonRage Spam.
>>
>>27890361
I always do a monotype run in my games. I'm trying to figure out what my favourite type is so I'm doing a duo-type run of Psychic and Fairy in Pokemon Y.
>>
>>27891280
I don't like the whole Fairy shtick they added with X-Y (come to think, I don't like a lot of stuff they added.. lol)

So I'd say be the best Sabrino you can be and go Psychic. What pokemen do you usually use?
>>
Friend said she's considering Mono Grass run: Rowlet, Exegg, Morelull, maybe Lurantis and Bounsweet evo.

Personally I like to have my teams varied but mono types can be cool.
>>
>>27891485
I just like being a travelling gym-leader.

Grass type can be good -- and easy HM distribution if you don't want to use a slave.
>>
>>27891394
Also may add Electric to the list and make it a trio run. I don't really have any favourites to be honest, it changes way too much. I just know what types I prefer and am trying to find my overall fave type, along with some bros.

I like the fairy type in concept. I love a lot of the new ones in Sun/Moon so far. I just wish it would be based more on fairytales, urban legends, and myths.

Psychic type is pretty neat just because they're the most brainy and human-like. Electric type I like because stormy weather has always been my favourite and I like how it kind of has to do with technology.

I'm a bookorm so anything that kind of relates to the library scene is my go-to.

Is fire your favorite type? If so, why?
>>
Currently doing a water type run on Y, first mono type I've ever done.

Been way more entertaining than I anticipated. I know water is a boring/easy type, but I asked my friend to pick a number between 1 and 18 and he picked 18 so I went with it. Planning on a Dark type run through on my next file.
>>
File: ptype-rock-all.png (1016KB, 1899x468px) Image search: [Google]
ptype-rock-all.png
1016KB, 1899x468px
What's the best game to do a mono rock run in?
>>
>>27891819
Fire is my favorite type because I'm a genwunner faggot who loves Charizard and Arcanine.

But also, I guess there's just the passion and the uncontrollable blaze and all that fruity, poetic stuff about fire.

>>27891904
Water, from what I hear, is the easiest of the monotypes because there's such variety and such great moves you can make use of. But also, I feel like it's the most natural. Surfing without needing an HM slave (or a Kaiju mon).

Dark-Type could be cool, but also might be difficult with fighting types on the Elite Four (depending on which one you use).

Does anybody have suggestions for Fire-Types I should use? I know the number's limited, but I've got an open spot on my team (and I'm debating whether I should replace anybody on my team with Infernape).
>>
>>27892210
I would probably say X/Y just for all the choices you have. After the main game you can get most of the fossils as well.
>>
>>27892210
(Dare you to go Monofossil if you go XY/ORAS; Tyrantrum is awesome)

But otherwise? GenIV Johto might be good, as you can pick up rock-types early and the first gym is weak to Rock. It's the early gyms that can really be roadblocks.
>>
Charizard vs. Moltres?

Arcanine vs. Ninetails (and Rapidash?)

Infernape vs. Blaziken?

Magmar any good?
>>
>>27892210
if you end up doing a mono rock in gen 5 or 6, i recommend you use Crustle, he's a beast and will become your pokebro
>>
I know Magcargo is Rock and Camerupt is Ground. But they share some moves and TM-learning and thus seem a little redundant.

Thoughts?
>>
>>27890361
I'm currently doing a pseudo-monorun, where I allow myself one Pokemon that doesn't fit the typing scheme, because I'm weak and useless. It's a Dark-type run in Y, and I've only just beaten Ramos.

Currently using an Deino as my replacement starter, traded in from my OR game, Absol as the token mega, and Meowstic as my one exception to the rule. Planning on picking up a Murkrow, a Pawniard, and a Sneasel once I reach those parts in the game.
>>
>>27895871
Is your one exception an HM-slave?
>>
How are those pics "mono" type when they include things like fire/ghost and rock/ice
>>
>>27896037
Nope. As I said, it's the Meowstic, because I wanted to use one and coincidentally it's a good cover for a team terribly weak to Fighting types.
>>
>>27896071
Monotype means only using pokemon of _type. It doesnt mean dual types arent allowed it just means you cant use a pokemon that isnt that type.

If you couldnt use dual types than good luck doing a mono flying run
>>
>>27894584
Use whatever one you think might be fun. but a warning. i recently used magcargo in my Soul silver playthrough and slugma is close to useless. So if you pick it just know that it'll be dead wait til it evolves
>>
>>27896223
dead weight*
>>
>>27896223
I am seeing that. I tried rock throw on Falkner and got ass-blasted. Had to Charmeleon Dragon Rage it through.

Similarly, on Bugsy, my little firetypes were again useless and Charmeleon carried the day (fucking Rain Dance).

Is Magcargo any good once he evolves?
>>
What are the best gens for
>mono bug
>mono electric
>mono psychic
>>
>>27896471
Yes, Magcargo is great, Fire Blast, Ancient Power, Amensia and Recover was my move set during e4 and magcargo really held his own, especially against the first E4 member
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.