[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever thought about how if Pokemon existed in this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (37KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37KB, 250x250px
Has anyone ever thought about how if Pokemon existed in this world we'd probably fucking enslave them in a factory farm situation and companies would advertise shit like "Charizard Burgers, with a natural spice!" Or "Hitmonlee Ribs, you'll get a kick outta these!"

Like that makes me uncomfortable man
>>
we already do this they're just called animals you fucknugget
>>
I thought still playing pokemon at 28 was the very definition of autism, but here I am corrected. You have give me the true definition of it.
>>
thats my whole point, dude.

Pokemon, with all the powers they have would still be treated like animals-- inferior to humans.
>>
>>27889801
Fucknuggets! Now with savory spunk sauce!
>>
>>27889741
>>27889801
it's also mentioned in the pokemon franchise at least more than once, isn't it?

Tauros are used for hamburgers and slowpoke tails are considered an (illegal) delicacy.

all in all though, pokemon would need to be bred for meat products because built muscle is tough as shit to chew on. So trying to chew on Hitmonlee ribs would probably be like gnawing on kevlar weave fabric and jesus fucking christ, desperate souls who tried to eat machamp arms probably end up losing most of their teeth in the process.
>>
>>27889741
>tfw plasma was right

Even vegans would have a difficult time. Seeing that there's grass pokemon.

I'm assuming there's still regular fruits and vegetables though, so maybe not.
>>
>>27889906
Actually if they confine them to a tight area and don't let them move as much there would be less muscle development. Which is why almost every meat-producing animal isn't allowed to see the light of day.
>>
>>27889741
Are you a vegan, OP? Charizard Burgers, Hitmonlee Ribs and Slowpoke Tails sound delicious.
>>
>>27890019
Tauros would probably still be the meat or choice with maybe Snorlax replacing pork since Emboar seems rare and firetypes usually tend to produce scalding body temperatures.

Still, trouble with most fighting types is that they are generally mentioned as being STRONG, like strong enough to casually rip most bindings to pieces.

Psychic pokemon might be employed to keep food production pokemon docile. But god help you if the psychic develops empathy for it's fellow pokemon and we get a mewtwo style rebellion.
>>
File: 1443659822571.jpg (59KB, 900x681px) Image search: [Google]
1443659822571.jpg
59KB, 900x681px
>>27890217
>But god help you if the psychic develops empathy for it's fellow pokemon and we get a mewtwo style rebellion.
The solution is to employ ghost and dark types instead. Y'know, control them with fear and brutality and stuff. I bet you could raise a happy, healthy Banette or Gengar in a Pokemon slaughterhouse.
>>
>>27890217
They may be strong enough to crush buildings but if they don't have much access to water, have restraints, and can be cattle-prodded (the pkmn equivalent I guess) they will submit.

Cows, and pigs are pretty large and strong animals, but humans have developed ways to overpower them. It would happen to pokemon as well.

Not to mention the cock/dog-fighting that would happen.

>tfw when veganfag
This is getting really depressing
>>
>>27889741
Communist pls go.
>>
>>27890429
>>27890425
It's all pretty sobering, and I'm a pretty hardcore meat-eater.

I suppose what doesn't help is that it seems in current pokemon generations, Pokemon basically replace all types of animals and do not just supplant them.

I can't place where but I remembered back in original versions of Gen 1, you tended to find more than a few real world animal references besides 'the x-animal pokemon'.
>>
>>27889741
It would probably be the other way around, Anon. Pokemon have powers and abilities that far surpass all known laws of physics and nature. They would be the ruling force, and we'd be their slaves. We'd constantly be at war and at the bottom of the food chain; that is to say if humans would even be granted the chance to have evolved in such a world to begin with. We'd probably evolve from Mankey or something. Fuck. This is too much to think about.
>>
>>27890429

Cows and pigs don't possess the ability to understand human speech and the capacity for reason like Pokemon do.
>>
>>27889741
They monopolize and require licenses to:
Own
Battle
Pokecenter
Breed
Catch
Regulations
Conceal carry
Only cops and rich people get final evolutions
>>
>>27890593
I don't want to be "one of those" vegans, but if you're interested in finding out more about what it takes to get the meat on your plate watch "Earthlings."

I can understand why people eat meat, eggs and dairy from a cultural and society point of view so I try not to be too much of an asshole about it.

But yeah. I don't know for sure if people in the Pokeverse eat meat as often as people today do. But I'm pretty sure the milk and eggs (Miltank, Chansey) get consumed almost daily. If they do consume pokemon regularly I can understand why they don't put in the anime or games. It can be quite shocking for kids.

Honestly, if you ask a kid what they're eating on their plate they'll say "chicken nuggets" or "nuggets" without making the connection that it's actually from a chicken. If you ask them what it's made out of they may or may not be able to make the connection.

>>27890836
I don't think it's as common as the anime make's it seem. In some psychic/fairy pokemon dex entries it specificall states they can understand human speech as it's an individual and rare thing for a pokemon to do. Most legendary's can understand and in some way communicate back with humans as well.

It seems like it's more of a rare and "god-like" ability.
>>
>>27890429
The logic behind super-powerful monsters being ordered around and shit by mere humans is flawed and retarded as fuck, and wouldn't fly in real life. It only works like that in Pokemon because of the power of friendship and cartoon magic. In the real world, we'd be their bitches. All our weapons and everything would be useless against them--bullets, lasers, everything. We'd have nothing to restrain or contain them. And don't even say Pokeballs, because Pokemon have been shown to escape them, and they have to be weakened to be captured in the first place. Not to mention the all-powerful, earth rending legendaries/mythicals whose powers are vastly downplayed in the anime/movies.
>>
>>27890921
>Regulations
>Conceal carry
>/vpk/ complaining about how new state regulations are banning third evos from civilian use
>"MUH SECOND AMENDMENT SAYS WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO CATCH 'EM ALL! I can't catch'em all without evolving some!"

>>27890926
Oh, I've seen some of those alright.

I'm gonna be honest, I think what bugs me most is how the animals are locked up. I don't mind hunting since the animals at least have a chance to run away, to fight back, etc.

But those animals never knew anything of the world beyond.

Fuck, suddenly going full innawoods actually seems outright moral.
>>
>>27891578
>/vpk/
>"baby-killing Assault Clawtizer" threads
Sign me up. Sign me the fuck up senpai.
>>
>>27890926
True, I had a cousin who thought chicken nuggets were filled with
>>
>>27891727
filled with mashed potatoes. Fuck.
>>
>>27891578
veganfag here again. I can see and almost agree with your point.

For example, I find hunting to be absolutely disgusting and mostly a ego-trip. The fact that people feel empowered for killing an animal with a gun, crossbow, etc is nothing to feel good about. Want a real challenge? Try fighting a bear with your fists.

Honestly, if meat/eggs/dairy were truly free-ranged and treated more like pets I wouldn't have such a big deal with it. I still wouldn't eat them though. The problem is free-range and less cruelty for animals is not at all sustainable or realistic for the amount of product that needs to be produced in order to meet demand. We don't have the land/resources for it.

I don't want to get too off-topic here. But I think if pokemon were real and a food source a lot more people would be vegetarian/vegan just because they can make the connection more to something that appears to be a friend and has some human qualities. Most people would feel uncomfortable about eating dogs and cats just because we have assigned them humanistic qualities like being cute, or having a soul.
>>
File: 1470321997900.png (786KB, 800x680px) Image search: [Google]
1470321997900.png
786KB, 800x680px
>>27891637
So what would be the mosin nagant of pokemon?

Maybe Poliwhirl?

>>27892055
makes for sense.
>>
If pokémon existed in the real world, the fauna that exists today wouldn't exist, including humans.
>>
>>27889741

For Pokémon to exist.

The supernatural must exist.

Pokémon are supernatural creatures.
>>
>>27889741
Charizard and Hitmonlee wouldn't be made food out of. Not without serious condemnation. Charizard would be the subject of documentaries, and some random dude would bond with them in the wild like that one guy with the lions. Hitmonlee would exhibition Pokemon, appearing on TV and stuff. Generally, all the humanoid Pokemon would be safe from being eaten. Too similar to humans for people to do it in good conscience, too dissimilar to be treated equally. There'd be many movements to free these creatures, and interspecies relationships would appear across the world. Clandestine affairs, until the advent of the internet shines a light on how frequent this thing happens, ushering a new movement where people try to marry their Pokemon.

This'll spawn a host of debates and ignorance. A guy trying to marry his Jinx might get the pass in some tolerant areas, but a guy trying to fuck a Meowth will be jailed. There'll be a clear distinction.

Things like Pikachu and Poochyena, Tentacool, etc -- they'd be eaten in some parts of the world, but domesticated or left alone for the most part. They'd be pets that you could legally take to "competitions." In general, law enforcement would be anal about street battles, especially those revolving around Pokemon. .
>>
Generally speaking, look to the real-world counterparts of most Pokemon. That's what their status on earth would be. Granted, given their powers, they'd see a lot of attention for spectator sport, exhibition, and militarization. Assuming the integration between the real world and the Pokemon world is "our world, with some things from the franchise in it," Leagues would most likely be a reality, though very different. More akin to the Olympics, and a branch of televised competitive sport. It'd be interesting, that's for sure.

New developments would be made daily, but I feel that they'd be more closely followed by the people, since Pokemon would be an everyday part of our lives unless we chose to live without one.

A Raichu with rabies is a scary thing. The number of specialty jobs would skyrocket, and groups like Team Rocket (game, Pokemon Adventures variant) wouldn't be uncommon, with a lot of gang/group leaders utilizing their Pokemon in addition to conventional weapons to put down adversaries. I remember one gang leader in Harlem had a crocodile and a lion in his apartment. I don't think that'd be uncommon. Pokemon abuse would be a very real thing. Humans killing Pokemon would be the subject of controversy. The same goes for Pokemon being sexually abused or used for under the table labor. In some less developed countries, Pokemon would be raised for a lot of foul interests, and a lot of them would sadly line brothels.

It'd be a peculiar world.
>>
File: 1462844893881.jpg (17KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
1462844893881.jpg
17KB, 320x289px
>>27890019
Shit like this is seriously driving me to go vegan, along with the whole carbon emissions and health thing. Why can't lab-grown meat be a thing already?
>>
>>27893506
It's probably taste different than normal beef, so I'd still buy actual Tauros over lab-made Not-Tauros
>>
File: 090707.jpg (77KB, 403x327px) Image search: [Google]
090707.jpg
77KB, 403x327px
>>27892971
>Real life pokemon terrorists

Aloha Snackbar
>>
>>27889741
you have to be 18 to post on this website
>>
>>27889741
>implying they wouldn't enslave us first
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.