[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there are actually people on this board whose first pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 12

File: 1.png (74KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
74KB, 300x256px
>there are actually people on this board whose first pokemon game wasn't red, blue or yellow in the pre-2000 years

why is this allowed?
>>
File: bait.jpg (16KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
16KB, 600x603px
Pokemon is 20 year old franchise and there is no way to monitor who comes here so it is just easier to let every one in.
>>
>>27872466
I got Crystal first so fuck off, faggot.
>>
grandpa it looks like you haven't taken your autism pills today
>>
Silver first in 2001 and I feel old af.
>>
I feel genuinely sorry for all the people here that missed out on the Pokemon craze that happened in 2000-2001.
>>
>Got Pokemon Emerald in 2005
>2005 was 11 years ago
>I'm 21 now

What's it like to be browsing an anime image board grandpa's?
>>
>>27873200
'98-'01. I'd say 1999 was the height of Pokémania.
>>
>>27873395
I'm a year older than you and blue was my first game. Brother helped me read some shit though, but I still beat it
>>
I've never played Pokemon. I'm just stopping by to laugh at Ashfag tears.
>>
I started coming here for Pokemon Go

Stayed for anime hype and then subsequent tears L.O.L.
>>
>Started with Red when it came out
>have played and enjoyrd every gen since
>try to talk to genwunners
>they act as if nobody who played Red/Blue could possibly like new Pokemon
Black man question mark pic
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
72c.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>kids who bought into pokemania actually cared about the game, not because it was a fad and that they needed to be cool and be accepted by their friends, but because they thought it was a good game
>those children definitely continued to be invested in the series
>they didn't bully other kids by saying pokemon was for babies when gen 2 came out
>>
I was originally content just watching friends play; I cared more about fun with friends than fun alone. By the time I asked for a game, Crystal and the GBA came out. My dad is really into new tech, so he shelled out for those instead. One of the coolest things he's ever done for me, in hindsight. I should thank him.
>>
>>27873395
i'm 23, champ.

pity you were too much of a little retard as a kid to handle a simple game boy game
>>
>>27873702
>little retard as a kid to handle a simple game boy game
>anon was 10 when Emerald came out
>you would've been five years old when red came out
>>
>>27873660
You put it into words man. Im so glad. This is how I felt for the past two months.
>>
>>27873927
>you would've been five years old when red came out

yep, and handled it perfectly fine. because i wasn't a little retard like him
>>
>>27872466
Feel this FEELING
>>
>that shock when the first pokemon game with colors came out
>>
>>27873702
Not that guy but I turn 21 in a couple months. My parents wouldn't have spent that much on me, I had to get a paper run to by it myself. By then it was gen 3 and I got myself fire red. Always loved the show for as long as I can remember sorry my parents didn't buy me everything cunt.
>>
I've started out with Red and I honestly don't care when someone started playing. Infact dare I say the kids are better off not experiencing the Pokemania. Atleast they'll enjoy the Pokemon games for what they are, instead of bandwagoning because of a fad and then leaving, only to become jaded assholes who hate on every game after Gold/Silver.
>>
>>27875123
lel, it was like £30 poorfag and came out in perfect time for christmas
>>
I didn't manage to get into Pokemon until I was 12 in 07 with my first game being Pearl
>>
>>27875207
My dad had money he was just a cheap bastard.
>>
>>27875303
I think the point was more "you're stupid for not knowing how to play pokemon at five," and having access to the game was irrelevant, anyway.
>>
>>27872466
go shove a pineapple up your smelly, furry, tight asshole you stupid cock-sucking, cum-guzzling fuck. it's faggots like you who make the fanbase as shitty as it can be. go back to your mom's basement and maybe shave your neckbeard once in a while you piss gurgling, fecal-matter-eating, fat shithead and go take some medicine to cure your utter retardation you stupid fuck.
>>
>>27875494
>go shove a pineapple up your smelly, furry, tight asshole

spikes first, bottom first or sideways?
>>
>>27873488
This.
>mfw anime only fag until 2000
>>
>>27872466
I actuallly didn't care about pokemon till gen 2. The only gen 1 game I played was my cousin's copy of yellow.
>>
File: eternal anger.jpg (39KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
eternal anger.jpg
39KB, 500x738px
>had rented pokemon stadium a shit ton of times
>never could afford it
>got a gba in 2004
>my first pokemon game was silver
>in 2006
>went my way up over the years
>playing yellow for the first time ever on 3ds
>mfw it's so fundamentally broken and the AI actually fucking cheats (I switched into two Pokémon that were not asleep and the Erika used sleep powder and three of my team mates were asleep)
Yeah no, I'm actually really glad kids now don't have to fucking suffer. They deserve better. This game is so fucking bad because it's shoddily programmed, and you can say all you want "b-but the programming at the time! and m-muh gameboy ram/rom size!"
Fuck you, they would've fixed that shit by stadium, or at least yellow, but they didn't. The hyperbeam glitch is still in yellow but not stadium.

Also the Gameboy Color is essentially a gameboy but with color, so RBY have no excuse for being shitty when GSC was miles ahead of RBY's "quality"
>>
>>27875494
This is what today's kids are like
>>
File: 1470777772580.png (27KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1470777772580.png
27KB, 960x540px
>>27875494
Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you can be an edgy shit and think you'll be praised for threatening someone on a Taiwanese colouring book image board.
>>
>>27873200
nah i'm alright.
Seeing how annoying everything is with the pokemon go craze, I can't imagine how annoyed I would've been back then.
>>
File: image.png (180KB, 310x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
180KB, 310x431px
I wasn't allowed to have a Gameboy when they came out, but I played a bunch of Snap and Stadium on the family N64. Is that good enough?
>>
silver was nice desu
>>
Has anyone on this board actually started playing Pokemon in Gen 1 in 1998 besides me and presumably the OP
>>
>>27876822
I'm not a grandpa. I started playing in 2006.
I first watched the anime in 2001, and stopped watching when d/p came out. Funny enough Pearl was my first game.
I didn't even know games existed for pokemon until I was old enough to buy them.
>>
>>27876822
loads of people presumably. you don't need to be that old. most people 23+ will have started with gen1 i think

>oh but muh grandpa

literally shut the fuck up you retarded little faggots. its not out fault you missed out on pokemania because you were little mongo children that couldn't work a gameboy. the rest of us managed it fine aged 5ish
>>
>>27872466
>play yellow as a kid
>hate it
>never play pokemon again until friend in highschool shows me how to get emulators on an iphone
>download emerald and have a lot of fun even though I dont know any pokemon past gen 2
>play every single game after that
>>
>>27877200
Red and Blue came out when I was like 8 and I'm 25 now.

>literally shut the fuck up you retarded little faggots.
just ignore them, most people on here are probably 18 year old hoennbabies
>>
>>27876822
I started in summer 1999. I actually got my first Pokemon game at the day care I went to. I collected the cards before even playing the games and ended up trading a holographic Jolteon for Red version. Started the addiction to the games and got Silver for my birthday, which was 9 days after launch.
>>
I'm sorry my parents didn't think a Gameboy was fit for a 3 year old.
>>
I we're obsessed with pokeymans when anime first aired, skipped school to watch new episodes. Nobody had any gameboys in my country at the time, so I never even thought about playing games. Then they stopped airing it after kanto league, and I had to buy Johto adventures and movies on bootleg vhs cassettes. Got tired of it pretty fast, so I never watched anime after johto and only started playing games recently with firered
>>
File: image.jpg (10KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 125x125px
>>27872466
My first was Gold. Do you realize people could have there first game as B/W and be old enough to be on this board? D/P is also 10 years old, and R/S 13 years old.
>>
>>27872466
My first Pokemon Game was Red in 2001. Way to teach a three year old how to read.
>>
I honestly wonder what it is like to play the later ones first.
A friend of mine is finally playing all of them for the first time so I'm curious what his favorite would be.
>>
>>27875884
GSC was a hybrid cart. It runs in the original DMG, but in black and white.
>>
>>27879943
Fuck, I meant GS. Crystal was color-only.
>>
File: chikorita.png (19KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
chikorita.png
19KB, 300x224px
>>27875008
that bigger shock with animated sprites introduced in crystal
>>
>>27875008
I liked playing RBY on my SGB and seeing the palette completely change when entering a new city. Felt A E S T H E T I C.
>>
>>27872466
My first game was Pokémon Ruby on emulator because my parents didn't allow us to have videogames and my brother taught me how to play and everything.

Those were some good times.
>>
>>27878577
My first one was Red, i remember the hype for the anime, watching the first episode with some friends... It was awesome.
>>
>>27880091
Dat feel trying to resolve the unown shit
>>
File: 100s.jpg (20KB, 389x380px) Image search: [Google]
100s.jpg
20KB, 389x380px
>>27872466
>mfw first game was yellosw when I was 5
>mfw I kept starting new games everytime I played for two days until my dad explained me the save thing
>mfw I never beat the league on that game
>>
>>27872466
>not Red/Green
Fuck off kid.
>>
>>27872466
Technically the first one I played was red when I was 5, but I never got far and my dumbass 5 year old mind didn't care enough to continue

Ruby is what got me into the franchise outside the anime in 2003 though
>>
>>27880998

Green?? Sure japanfag..
>>
File: dawn_pokemons_sweetheart.jpg (221KB, 800x819px) Image search: [Google]
dawn_pokemons_sweetheart.jpg
221KB, 800x819px
>>27872466
First game was Green via no$GB

I owned Pinball, Snap and Stadium in addition to Red and Blue.

Black and White was still my favorite game.
>>
>>27872466
>First game was yellow when I was 4
>Every time i'd beat the game I'd reset the save file and do it all over again with the exact same team every time

Must have beaten it a hundred times fuck me
>>
>>27873927
I was 5 when it came out, didnt speak a word of english and still manage to beat it. We're not all retards like you.
>>
>>27873488
2000 in the UK.
>>
>>27876822
Me until they took it away because Pokemon was the devil
>>
When I was a kid the big draw of Pokemon was trying to "catch 'em all," and while 150 was a big number it was nevertheless a realistically achievable number. The slogan was dropped when it was becoming painfully obvious that the tally was entering the multiple hundreds and no kid could be expected to accomplish it. So I can see OP's point and really do wonder what the draw of these games are for kids who never experienced its humbler beginnings.
>>
>>27879862
In my expierence its more fun just because youre finding pokemon youve never seen before
>>
File: 1345172680838.png (471KB, 1037x933px) Image search: [Google]
1345172680838.png
471KB, 1037x933px
My first pokemon game was Blue, followed shortly by Firered and XD
Was born in '98
>>
I'm 22 and hyped for Sun and Moon. :D
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.