[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they remove the following pokemon feature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: goldpichuroute.jpg (19KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
goldpichuroute.jpg
19KB, 256x192px
Why did they remove the following pokemon feature?
>>
laziness
>>
>>27857506
This
>>
>>27857506
Honestly, this.
It could easily have been implemented into BW if they had made the sprites for the Gen 5 mons, since BW uses the same engine as DP.
>>
because they understand that a vast majority of johtofriends are entitled
>>
>>27857183
Too much work for an useless feature.
>>
I think they did it because BW's development was huge, creating all the assets, 3D backgrounds and sprite animations, so creating sprites for all the Pokemon would have been too much. Besides due to the backgrounds being 3D the Pokemon not being scaled would be more noticeable for the bigger Pokemon.
>>
>>27857662
that's what masuda said when he was making gen vi......
really makes you think............
>>
>>27857183
Huh OP??!!? You said why did they remove the following feature but then you didn't tell us what the feature was!!!
>>
>>27857506
unfortunately true, if pmd can put in the amount of effort with portraits and animations, why can't the main games do it?
>>
>>27857704
GTFO Gen Twoddler
>>
Because it's stupid.
>>
>>27857183
3d models and size accuracy.
>>
>>27857183
No one actually liked it.
>>
>>27857183
so that you could post this thread every day
>>
>>27857587
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
They probably didn't want players to get too used to it since I'm assuming they were anticipating the transition into 3D coming sometime soon after.
>>
>>27857587
So are unovafriends, such as yourself. Do you still think about Alomomola?
>>
>>27857947
Why can't they add it in 3D?
>>
>>27857587

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>27858184
animating a sprite takes 2 seconds and most sprites can reuse the same animation. animating a 3d model takes time and most pokemon would need unique animations.

also, the 3d pokemon models look like utter shit and it would look goofy as hell if they were running around the overworld.
>>
>>27858184
a whole set of overworld models for 720 mons
>>
File: masuda.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
masuda.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>27857183
>he doesn't want every game to be special

If they put it in Gen V you'd have less reason to play Gen IV. Wouldn't you rather have a bunch of 7-8/10 games with unique things than a 10/10 game with everything you ever wanted?
>>
>>27858224
thanks dude, but I like my name as is
Anonymous is a bit bland and complicated
Why did they choose such a word and not just "Default"
>>
>>27858253
If they do it once, they can port them forever.
>>
>>27858269
no
>>
File: 1471314405929.png (86KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1471314405929.png
86KB, 512x384px
>>27857587
I think you should think about what comments you type while being a trip
>>
>>27857183
Unnecessary feature that was replaced by the superior Amie.
BW didn't have it though because it and HGSS were being made at the same time which is why HGSS used the exact same sprites for the entralink.
>>
>>27858269
I don't follow pokemon as closely as you guys here. I just play it occasionally to kill time. Is this a real quote from this guy? Is he mentally retarded?
>>
>>27858184
They could, but since 3D is relatively new territory, it probably wouldn't come any time soon considering there'd probably be a lot more discussion, work, and testing involved not exactly crucial in producing the core game itself.
I'd figure they were thinking along the lines of it being better for them to leave 2D overworld following in HGSS as a distinctly unique feature so its possible eventual return in 3D won't be as clamored about.
>>
>>27857740
Because not every pokemon gets it in PMD maybe? Also animations in PMD are extremely basic outside of a handful of cutscenes
/vp/ has been extra retarded lately.
>>
>>27857506
This. They make enough money to do it in every game. But they just don't care.
>>
>>27857183
I don't like it when I walk over a hidden item
>>
>>27858439
I wrote that post and it's not a direct quote, but Masuda has said in the past that he deliberately leaves out popular features because "it makes every game unique."

It's a blatant lie and everyone knows the real reason is laziness, but he has actually said something like it.
>>
>>27857587 #

Hi there!

>>
>>27857705
kek
>>
>>27857506
Ironically the feature itself was a lazy execution.
I mean
>used the BW entralink sprites
>2 frames of animation that never stopped
>limited text

That said, the text and actions are the biggest reason seeing as people would expect them to expand upon roar each time. It would quickly take up much of the dev time were they to implement the feature again.

To make an apt analogy it's like killing the hydra before the heads multiply.
>>
>>27858461
>Because not every pokemon gets it in PMD maybe?
Every Pokemon is in PMD, except for the shiny variants.
are you sure you're not the one retarded here?
>>
>>27857561
They DID make the sprites for the gen V mons. All of them except Genesect had sprites for the entralink. There was nothing stopping them from including it.
>>
>>27858439
He has implied that a few times.
Gameplay elements become game exclusive to make the experience more unique, but it ruins the evolution of the series as a whole.
>>
>>27858630
It's still you for thinking every pokemon had multiple portraits, reactions and so on.
>>
>>27858611
BW wasnt released yet.
>>
>>27857697
the HGSS sprites were made FOR the forest-dream word thingy in BW
>>
>>27858670
>but it ruins the evolution of the series as a whole.
Eh, not really. More often than not it's just gimmicks that get removed actual features don't come back unless they made a version that pissed everyone off. Take bases, contests, the BF and safari zone for example.
>>
>>27858695
They were in development at the same time. The HGSS team essentially went "hey can't we use those?" and slapped them in
>>
File: 78114.png (1MB, 1728x704px) Image search: [Google]
78114.png
1MB, 1728x704px
>>27858674
consider yourself cucked, my boy.
>>
>>27858753
Way to show yourself up you retard
>>
>>27858753
>most pokemon that aren't main characters only have three portraits
>often just edits to the original
You should probably check your images before you post next time
>>
>>27858335
If they did in XY they'd have to redo it in SM, because they got rid of the Super Deformed style and replaced everything including the environment with dynamic scaling. So no, you're kind of wrong.

Just imagine trying to fit a fucking Wailord in the environment now.
>>
>>27858742
This. They even had most of the following code already from DPPt
>>
>>27857183
when you make a new game, it's not like you just build directly off the old one. So it's more accurate to say the feature "wasn't brought back" rather than "was removed".
>>
>>27858753
Do you even know what that word means you neo-memester?
>>
File: 24968.png (2MB, 1200x1680px) Image search: [Google]
24968.png
2MB, 1200x1680px
>>27858832
>often just edits to the original
nigga that's literally every pmd game though
>>
>>27858994
Which is kind of the point.
Not every pokemon had the same amount of time and effort put into it as the main ones essentially only two portraits were made for non mains with the neutral one being slightly edited to make a third.

I'm pretty sure Zygarde's is just the neutral position for all three just with a different background and zoomed in a little.
>>
>>27858994
In fact, looking at this closely a lot just have a single portrait with no other emotions. While the MCs or plot relevant characters take up mousy of the space.
>>
Better question, why did they remove the auto-run feature?
>>
>>27858854
He probably means once they actually figure out how they want to do them, then they can just continuously port them into every game after. It's clear they're still playing around with how they want their definitive modeling system to be.

Unless we develop 4D technology in the next few decades or something.
>>
>>27859237
Probably because there are times where you want to go slow now and having an on screen toggle is longer than just letting go of B.
>>
>>27859182
>>27859237
Im not >>27858994 but i get his point, if you take the time used in making 10 expressions for one pokemon and make 2 or 3 for each, mainly because there is no "protagonist pokemon" in pokemon, then they could do something nice with it.
>>
>>27859341
The problem there is that people expect more than that in a mainline game.
New animations with some specific to type, nature, ivs and what not.
New text reactions following the same rules as above.
And so on, for all 800+ pokemon and forme models.

You can easily see why this isn't a feasible request.
>>
>>27859452
>New animations with some specific to type, nature, ivs and whatnot.
Nintendo wouldnt do that, if anything a simplified version of that.
Same goes for the rest of your post, if they do it, they wont do something as big as that, maybe generic textlines for pokemon, 2-4 animations that could relate to their levels of hunger/hapiness in pokemon amie, and not too much more.
As for the models, i´ll give you that, it would be a lot of work to do models for every pokemon in the overworld, as well as walking animation frames and such, i would probably also lag the game.
>>
>>27858881
Gamefreak actually does build parts of their games off the old ones, there's shit from Diamond and Pearl in every game after them.
>>
>>27859622
That's the problem, people wouldn't accept that much work being put into the game and would see it as laziness on Gamefreak's end especially as the series goes on. The amount of work that would have to go into it would quickly take up dev time.
>>
>>27859903
Thats true, i mean, its even lazier to do literally nothing, but hey, at least we still got amie to interact with pokemon, right?

I swear im the only retard who still uses that once in a while
>>
>>27860141
I'd be willing to use Amie more often if it didn't ruin in-game runs with the overpowered buffs you get from it. I replayed ORAS recently, pet my Treecko like once, then pet it as a Grovyle like once, and suddenly I have a permanent Lucky Egg attached to it. Didn't kill the run since it was just on that one Pokémon but still, you can't fucking touch it if you want a remotely interesting playthrough.
>>
File: Tripfags.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Tripfags.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>27857587
You fags didn't even post it, baka.
>>
>>27860308
Yeh, i started using it a lot post-game in XY, and only touched it before that to have a sylveon, didnt know about the buffs.

Pokemon can literally cure themselves status and do more crits/dodges with it, also sometimes have an auto-endure for the turn, wont deny the lines it says when it happens are cute, and petting pokemon mid-battle is awesome, but it would only work if enemies were like ten levels ahead (not quite the case for ORAS).
Someone should make an amie-centered hackrom, could be interesting, just buff everything and make itso you NEED the buffs from amie to progress.
>>
>>27857662
Really? They just fucking need to copy paste a script. It's already there, they made it, they have it, no excuse at all.
>>
>>27861276
you see, that would work for Pokemon Black and White, but in the new games it'd be A LOT more complicated, granted they could just use Shauna's coding from X and Y, but in all honesty, I prefer that the feature was gone, I never really saw a point in it (also, imagine being the person making a model for 721 Pokemon (not even including shiny mons and whatever forms Pokemon have)
>>
>>27861276
There's a reason why HGSS are annoying games to emulate and it's not just Anti-Piracy DRM. It's literally taxing on the system, It's prone to all kinds of errors. For a useless feature there's little reason to keep it.
>>
Because they really needed a reason for people to buy remakes
>>
>>27857183
Why does anybody really care?
>>
>>27857183
It was fucking stupid. Good riddance.
>>
File: 1421509599767.jpg (47KB, 613x465px) Image search: [Google]
1421509599767.jpg
47KB, 613x465px
>>27861682
>>
>>27857183
>over 721 more models
>>
>>27859182
To be fair, how the fuck would Zygarde emote?
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.