[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Gamefreak hate Mega Charizard Y?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: nFmShB3.jpg (102KB, 1000x585px) Image search: [Google]
nFmShB3.jpg
102KB, 1000x585px
Mega Charizard X's presence in Origins is understandable since it was supposed to be a big reveal + advertisement for X&Y. However -
> Becomes Final Smash in Super Smash Bros 4 even though its ends up being a flying Fire Blast spammer
> Becomes once more the star in the anime during the four-part Mega Evolution special
> Becomes the anime rival of Ash-Greninja
> Also appears in Pokken. Inb4 it makes more sense, they also included the likes of Chandelure in the game despite being a full-on Special Sweeper

Only thing Mega Charizard Y got was an inclusion in the box art of Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon, the mascot of one of the Pokemon Centers in Japan and its anime appearances being sparse and relegated to jobber material against Mega Lati@s and Zard X.

Does Gamefreak regret making DroughtZard? Do many people hate DroughtZard or something? Was he a mistake?
>>
Gen 1 "Charizard is a dragon" pandering.
>>
>>27851967
I really don't get why they didn't give Megazard-Y to Ash instead of Greninja.

Charizard has been a powerhouse of Ash's arsenal for years, it would make sense for him to have the necessary bond to mega evolve, but instead they give it a Greninja Ash has had for...what? A few months in-show time at best?

But no, they had to shit out Ashninja and give Y-Zard to a literal who.
>>
I imagine it got picked for Smash and Pokken because it's more of an obvious change/power-up, rather than being a continuation of what Charizard brought to the Charmander line.
>>
>>27851967
droughtzard is best zard
>>
I like both desu

If I had to pick the one I like best it would be Y-Zard, merely because it looks sleeker and more agile.
>>
>>27852047
bc greninja is the president of japan
>>
>>27851967
not really, they just show him off more since the other one doesnt need that boost because it is obviously more popular and automatically calls peoples eyes.
>>
>>27852047

Mega Evolution is trivial, all you need is a stone.

His bond with Greninja isn't stronger than his other Pokemon, the synchro power is just unique to Greninja. If his other Pokemon could synchro, their bond would also be strong enough.
>>
File: Bizf7TTCQAAzKH5.jpg (142KB, 1024x866px) Image search: [Google]
Bizf7TTCQAAzKH5.jpg
142KB, 1024x866px
>>27852051
Yeah, but in Smash's case they did nothing special with Zard X's inclusion. Worst offense of all is that they didn't care to make a trophy for ZardY despite giving one to Blaziken, both forms of Mewtwo, Blastoise and Venusaur.

>>27852121
What? Everyone I've talked to thus far regards MegaZard Y as the inferior and weaker one considering Charizard has always been portrayed as an all-out-in-your-face type of attacker throughout media.
>>
>>27852178
where is this from?
>>
>>27852276
A tcg commercial
>>
>>27852276
Apparently from a Japanese trailer for one of the TCG sets but I cannot find the original video.
>>
>>27851967

At least it's gonna get fucking wrecked by memefrog.
>>
>>27852320
>>27852330
Thanks. It's great to see it in animation. I don't think the Trevor episode did the design justice.
>>
I used to not like them both, but seeing how hard Charizard X gets pushed over the other makes me appreciate Charizard Y so much more these days. I'm a dirty hipster, but seriously, some people want to go back to a time when Charizard had to focus on claw moves?
>>
>>27852367
That was unfortunately not the only time Zard Y jobbed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj1yQobgCKI

Seriously, Trevor should give Ash his Charizardite Y because his Zard was fucking terrible. It got one-shotted by a Flamethrower. I know this is Alain we are talking about and any other outcome would have been terrible writing, but still. This sucks.

>>27852420
If you tell that to Zard X fans, all you hear is how it's all justified since Zard X makes more sense lore-wise and that Zard Y sucks and is much weaker since Zard X makes use of Charizard's massive physical movepool.
Seriously, I like Zard X overall but goddamn it's shoved down way too much.
>>
File: Mega Charilard X.png (1MB, 1597x447px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Charilard X.png
1MB, 1597x447px
>>27852367
At least it wasn't a fat fuck though
>>
>>27851967
Charizard Y has the better design atleast
>>
>>27852367
That episode and this entire league has been horrible. Of course everyone has to bow down to almighty Alain and Edgezard.
>>
>>27852739
> Edgezard
Mega Charizard Y is literally just Charizard with more edges, though.
>>
>>27852504
That's just a frame. Both of them had scenes where their bellies were way too big.
>>
>>27853110
No, Charizard and Charizard X are fat, Charizard Y slims down
>>
I cant believe theyre the same speed. I just wish charizard y had +1 speed in base stat just because it looks sleeker
>>
File: Pokemon_ZardX-ZardY_Comparison.png (213KB, 582x666px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_ZardX-ZardY_Comparison.png
213KB, 582x666px
>>27853391
Yeah it's weird, especially how Zard Y's design is supposed to be aerodynamic even according to the developers.
>>
Charizard Y is cooler and supposed to be the natural mega evolution dunno why X is being pushed so hard in Anime, Pokken, SSB and almost every other non pokemon game
>>
>>27852178
I prefer droughtzard, but I like them both. X looks more straight offense so it makes sense in a fighter game. Droughtzard makes sense for dubs and trips and those are less common
>>
>>27854415
> natural
Even though throughout lore and all media Charizard is regarded as an all-out combat Pokemon that uses claws and wing attacks. Charizard Y meanwhile just flies and shoots from a distance like a coward.
>>
Y was the true mega
X was pandering to people who wanted dragon type and more edge
>>
>>27855314
yeah natural mega evolution and showed with MVenussaur and MBlastoise

> claws and wings
Flamethrower, Fire Blast and other beam moves?
>>
>>27855367
x2
>>
>>27854415
Y could be show cased in Origins or in actual Anime with Ash, but nooo lets push X into 2 animes and all games
>>
>>27855314
>Even though throughout lore and all media Charizard is regarded as an all-out combat Pokemon that uses claws and wing attacks. Charizard Y meanwhile just flies and shoots from a distance like a coward.

All his pokedex entries talk about either his Fire Breath and his flight.

In the anime, he was always the speedy flier with powerful range attacks. He had some close combat scenes but it was not what he was centered on.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>27851967
Ash's Mega Y vs Alain's Mega X would make for a much better final showdown.
>>
>Ash Greninja never happens
>Ash's Zard comes back at about the same time as Ash Greninja happened.
>Ash has to master Charizard Y's power
>Final showdown in the league is X vs Y

It would be so good
>>
>>27855667
oh boy the dream
>>
>>27855405
>>27855511
Just look at most of Ash's Charizard's moves, they are all physical bar Flamethrower, Fire Spin, Dragonbreath and Overheat. Meanwhile Slash, Steel Wing and Seismic Toss are among his physical attacks.
>>
>>27855928
And those ranged moves got tons more use in the anime overall, so what's your point, again?
>>
File: MCharizard_X&Y_artwork_2.jpg (779KB, 9921x7016px) Image search: [Google]
MCharizard_X&Y_artwork_2.jpg
779KB, 9921x7016px
>>27855667
>>27855890
Now that will never happen and Mega Y will forever be cemented as a jobber. I am a huge fan of Charizard overall, but fuck I rather see Smogonfrog wrecking Zard.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.