[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to ball seals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-Seal.png (73KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Seal.png
73KB, 220x165px
What happened to ball seals?
>>
we can't have people spelling curse words with unown stickers
>>
>>27847329
Really cool idea fucked up hard on it's initial run.

Always loved the ball opening colors, especially in 4th gen, so the idea of customizing that was awesome. Too bad it all looked like play skool garbage, and was pointlessly erased when you deposited your pokemon in the box (yet there was 20 slots for customization??????)

If the effects were less stickers and fridge magnets, and like actual fire, water or electricity, itd be cool.
>>
FUn on paper but it was a huge hassle.
And like that one guy said, unowns make it possible for swear words.
>>
Possibly also made complicated due to transition ot 3D, but probably would have been as easy as those video things.
>>
The only seals that didn't look like shit were the flame ones
>>
>>27847449
>Possibly also made complicated due to transition ot 3D
not at all, its the same thing as before.
>>
File: ball seal.png (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
ball seal.png
39KB, 250x250px
>>27847329
They're still around
>>
>>27847329
THIS. Having my Giratina screech as a plume of ominous black smoke formed was fucking amazing.
>>
>>27847726
wrong pokemon, you muppet
>>
>>27847329
>you can't deposit Pokemon with ball seals attached

Seals were a mistake
>>
>>27847340
Thank god I wasn't the only one who did that. It was just mindless fun to battle someone and your Pokemon goes out screaming with a huge "CUNT" written over its head.
>>
>>27847329
Being saved for Diamond and Pearl remakes.
>>
>>27847329
>ball seals
People switched to chastity belts.
>>
>>27847726
Kek
>>
File: FUG.png (51KB, 250x214px) Image search: [Google]
FUG.png
51KB, 250x214px
>>
>>27847329
They were fucking annoying as shit; if you fucked up hacking something, it made they made it so you couldn't release it.

>>27849245
Pic related
>>
>>27849371
Kek
>>
>>27847481
>implying 3D perspective is the same as 2D
>>
>>27851403
You can use the exqct same sprites and just program to show from a distance. Or you can update them and do the same. It really isnt hard to implement at all.
>>
>>27851449
Again
>>implying 3D perspective is the same as 2D
>>
>>27851483
What are you talking about, all you do it greentext nothing.

Think of it as an animation like status effecting things do, its barely any overhead.

Also some attacka straight up use sprites for their animation
>>
Wonder if i could spell cuck.

NX remake when? 2020?
>>
>couldn't box a Pokemon until you take off the seal
>had to switch PCs to take off a seal
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.