[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it gets Hex KEK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>it gets Hex

KEK
>>
>>27847006
well it has an evil eye
>>
>>27847006
That's Toxic.
>>
>>27847006
why would it need hex when it has venoshock and fire stab?
>>
>>27847100

>what is weakness coverage
>>
>>27847106
what weaknesses does hex cover? instead of being vague you should be more specific.
>>
>>27847200
Psychic types you fucking pavement ape.
>>
>>27847200
Psy, you twat.
>>
>>27847207
are psychic types not hit hard by venoshock and fire stab? is there something i'm missing?
>>
>>27847200
Ghosts like Chandelure or Jellicent
>>
>>27847231
so you're using hex for two pokemon that salandit will lose to anyway? why not just poison them on the switch and then switch out to something else?
>>
>>27847220
How did you become so stupid? Was it a birth thing? Was it conditioning?
>>
>>27847220
>Venoshock
>Doing anything to Psychic types
>Fire working on Pokemon like Latios or Slowbro
>>
>>27847264
so psychic types resist venoshock now bro? you for real? it's nearly 200 bp on a toxic mon with stab factored in, if you think that isn't doing shit to slowbro or latios you're an idiot
>>
>>27847264
You realize Psychic doesn't actually resist Poison, right?
>>
>>27847323
thank you, another anon with sense. all these retards wanting to use hex for

>m-muh psychic types!

don't know what the fuck they are talking about and is basic scrub logic of "it's weak to it!"
>>
>>27847251
Really don't know what i'm supposed to answer since we don't even know its stats yet and i'm not even the one who started the idea.
>>
>1300 ELO shitters think Ghost is a good coverage type
It's good neutral STAB, but, like Dragon, it's not something you use otherwise.
It's better off with Fighting or Ground coverage for all the rock types which resist both STABs. One lets it hit Fire and Poison types SE, the other lets it hit Normals. It'll probably end up in a low tier, where rock types are more common, so it's going to get wrecked by things like Rest Regirock unless it gets Aura Sphere or something.
>>
>>27847207
>>27847212

Think about the actual pokemon it hits, not just type coverage. That's why he said be specific. And idk why we're even talking about that move because I'm pretty sure that's not hex that's it using.
>>
Wouldn't Hex be good for the types Poison isn't good against? So Ghost, Rock, Ground, Poison, and Steel types. Fire Blast/Flamethrower would be preferred for Steel types, but wouldn't use Hex on the other ones?
>>
>>27847394
Fairies love using ghost for near perfect coverage though. And a strong neutral ghost type move like guaranteed Hex isn't exactly a bad thing.
>>
File: 1470943283419.jpg (122KB, 1200x556px) Image search: [Google]
1470943283419.jpg
122KB, 1200x556px
>>27848214
>Neutral hits are good
no
All but one of those is hit SE by ground. Going purely by appearances, I doubt that Salandit is going to have the bulk or offensive presence to KO things on neutral, non-stab hits, even if Hex has good base power. You're better off switching 90% of the time than doing 30% and dying to their retaliation, and Ghost just doesn't improve its SE coverage very much.
>>
>>27848260
hex pretty much only lets it hit rock, ground, various water types neutrally anyways

pretty much all the pokemon it wouldn't stay in on due to the threat of being KO'd

its probably not going to help. i think if salandit doesnt receive an evolution its going to end up a lot like how sableye was before gen 5
>>
>>27848260
I'm struggling to think of a Fairy type which runs a ghost move as standard. If they exist, they're probably boosting sweepers who are fine with neutral hits after a couple CMs or a SD. Hitting for neutral isn't really spectacular unless you have high enough base stats to easily force switches and want reliable damage on what they switch to, or if you're a sweeper. Salandit probably isn't either of those things and will need the SE coverage more than neutral hits.
>>
How is Hex a bad thing?
>>
>>27847006
That's Toxic.
>>
>>27849588
>>27847025
I think OP is saying IF it gets Hex it would be overpowered.
>>
>>27849562
It's not it's basically the ghost type equivalent of venoshock except it's secondary effect requirement for is just status effects in general and not specifically poison.
>>
File: 1464243737677.jpg (79KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1464243737677.jpg
79KB, 258x245px
>>27847006
>Gible used Dig
>>
>>27848501
>I'm struggling to think of a Fairy type which runs a ghost move as standard
Mimikyu and the Purple Tapu will, come November. Gotta have that STAB. :^)

But yeah, in all seriousness nobody runs Ghost moves unless they're STAB. It's like Normal and Dragon in that sense.
>>
>>27847323
This. Venoshock would be almost as effective as Hex. Although if anyone is truly bothered by the whopping 5 base power difference, or just has nothing better to teach the Pokemon, I'm certain they'll waste the move slot on it.

Personally, needing protection/coverage against rock, ground or water seems more important than Psychic.
>>
File: 1471427393974.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471427393974.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>27849803
>Salandit used Powder Snow
>>
my ninetales has hex and it's really weak, idk
>>
I like how the Hex guy just left as he got demolished lmao.

I'm 99% sure coverage will be Salandit's biggest issue.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.