[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starter Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: alola starter.jpg (66KB, 626x352px) Image search: [Google]
alola starter.jpg
66KB, 626x352px
What's the deciding factor for you when it comes to choosing your starter Pokemon?
>>
Popplio evolving into water/fairy.
>>
>>27839872
If i can solo the game with them.
>>
>>27839872
In general? Whichever I like the look of best. I judge on all stages, since I'm not opposed to keeping them unevolved.

The types of other available pokemon can also influence it. If there aren't any other fire or water types for a long time, for example, then I lean towards those to help round out a team.
>>
Depends on design I suppose.
Charmander line is the only one I like design wise for gen one
Cyndaquil and totodile for gen 2
treecko and blaziken. Mudkip is cute but those evos...
Chimchar line is the only one I like from sinnoh.
Serperior is the best despite the shallow movepool.
Chespin and froakie.

Gen 7? Popplio is my favorite and Litten is cool. I don't mind rowlet.
>>
File: image.png (121KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
121KB, 500x500px
>>27839872
Which one has the coolest final evo. If I like neither of the the 3 I just box my starter and replace it with a Pokemon I perfer
>>
How well itll fit in the box
>>
Popplio and Rowlet both are cool, I want both on my team, but it'll feel weird having 2 starters on my team. I should either have all 3 or just one...
>>
Whichever one I like the most. For G VII, it's Litten.
For the prev games, it's been mostly grass types tho.
>Bulbasaur
>Chikorita
>Mudkip
>Turtwig
>Snivy/Oshawott
>Chespin
>>
>>27839889
same here
>>
>>27839872
Always picked water first, but g 7 I might just have to go rowlett cause damn is he cute and has the only supposed final evo that I am kinda ok with
>>
I always go for the grass starter because fire and water are often OP. Grass starters usually get shafted with the base stat distribution and I love the sorta underdog typing with Its weakness flaws and all.
>>
If the chink leaks are real, boxing the fuckers.
>>
>>27839872
whichever one i want to fuck the most
evolutions count as well of course
>>
File: 1406513175590.png (1MB, 1105x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1406513175590.png
1MB, 1105x1280px
Which base or final evo looks cooler or cuter. Battle effectiveness doesn't matter because games are easier than your mother.
>Charmander
>Cyndaquil
>Torchic
>Piplup
>Smugleaf
>Fennekin
>probably Rowlet
>>
Even before the starters were revealed I knew I'd be picking the water starter. Every time a new gen comes out I always pick water starter first.
>>
File: Tawny_wiki_edit1[1].jpg (781KB, 1128x1674px) Image search: [Google]
Tawny_wiki_edit1[1].jpg
781KB, 1128x1674px
>>27839872
My choice was made because owls are my favorite animal.
>>
Whichever one I like the most visually.
But if I don't care or I like all the starters equally, I'll pick the one that gives my rival(s) the starter I think they'd want.
Like, the energetic Barry seems like a Chimchar type, while (non-player)Lucas/Dawn seem more of a Pipliper. So I'd choose Turtwig, which kinda fits my personality anyway: slow.
>>
My preferences
>>
>>27839872
How much I like their final stage
>>
File: owl_turn.gif (2MB, 372x302px) Image search: [Google]
owl_turn.gif
2MB, 372x302px
>>27840863
Likewise, fellow owlbro. Rowlet is adorable and Rowlet3 looks awesome.
>>
Does it look neat?

Does it continue looking neat even when it evolves?

That's all I need to know.
>>
I'm a firebro myself but i might betray my kin for the first time since Gen I and for the water starter again. Litten is nice but I hate that furbarabait evo.
>>
The first deciding factor is if they're based on one of my favorite animals - this I why I always choose Tepig and am choosing Popplio, I love pigs and sea lions.

Second deciding factor is usually the one who's the perfect mixture of adorable and having personality. I like the starters that are described as having unique personalities that I can imagine going on a journey with, such as how Piplup was conveyed as very sassy in the anime and Cyndaquils as very timid.

When all else fails, fire usually wins.

(My choices are Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Piplup, Tepig, Fennekin, and Popplio for anyone curious.)
>>
>>27839872
>Is it a fire type?
That's pretty much mine. Exception is Snivy, 'cause I love snakemons.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.