[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What if they're worse than Team Flare?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 9

File: Skull-Logo.png (91KB, 410x402px) Image search: [Google]
Skull-Logo.png
91KB, 410x402px
What if they're worse than Team Flare?
>>
>>27838740
What if they aren't?
>>
>>27838740
They can't be, because they already aren't boring as fuck aesthetically.
>>
Flare were better than Plasma tbqh.
>>
>>27838740
That's pretty hard to do. They've already got more art and sympathy it feels like
>>
>>27838780
This.
>>
File: 1471198560625.jpg (187KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1471198560625.jpg
187KB, 600x450px
Explain how that would be possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXe37XCnn-E
>>
The only thing that made team flare worse was that they were generic terrorists with a stupid mindset

The idea of Skull is that they aren't world threatening terrorists

They are simply ruining the island trials and taking over cities because Guzma's butthurt he couldn't be a trial captain
>>
>>27838780
>>27838817
One minute apart, would you look at that!
>>
File: grunt A.gif (2MB, 318x248px) Image search: [Google]
grunt A.gif
2MB, 318x248px
Given what we've seen so far they'd have to try very very hard to be worse than flare,
>>
File: hehe.png (8KB, 661x94px) Image search: [Google]
hehe.png
8KB, 661x94px
>>27838827
That's closer to two minutes senpai. I know numbers are hard but come on buddy.
>>
I think the main thing that threw me off of Team Flare was they werent intimidating looking. They looked like you could push them into a locker (Apart from Lysandre)
And their battle music had to be the worst of all of them. I dont even know what the instrument they used is called but god it was so annoying.
>>
>>27838827

I also think Flare were better than Galactic, but Plasma was the shit.

Fuck Team Galactic.
>>
It's possible the entire game will be shit
I mean everyone thought XY was going to be the best thing ever
>>
>>27838740
It's impossible for them to be worse than Team Flare. Flare were the absolute lowest of the low in terms of the villain teams. Even Masuda didn't know what the fuck was going on with them, he said the team was meant to be "goofy" but then they pull the pants-on-head retarded genocide plot on you with little to no explanation. They looked ridiculous and tried to take themselves too seriously.

Skull already look miles better by comparison. It's clear they are a lighthearted, wacky group. Nothing about them says "we're going to pull some serious shit and destroy the world", they just want to fuck things up for shits and giggles. Their members also have actual personality as opposed to the cardboard cutout literally-who Flare girls I can't even remember the names of. I already care more about Guzma and Kukui's potential backstory than I did about the two lines of dialogue shared between Sycamore and Lysandre that they tried to pass off as a 'relationship'.
>>
>>27838740
it's hard to achieve that goal
>>
>>27838780
>>27838817
>Implying worst team is better than the best team.
>>
>>27838740
I get the feeling you fags shitting on flare but liking skull are from plebbit.

I mean, Flare was classy as hell, and had one of the most evil plans to date.

I get the feeling people saying plasma was the best also only ever played 4th gen. underaged fucks
>>
>>27838828
>tfw you realize gamefreak just took nigger behavior parodied it into best team
>>
>>27838780
OK, but no though
>>
>>27838740
They at least don't look ridiculous like Team Flare did.
>>
>>27839114
>tfw when Team Skull goal is to summon a gian all powerfull alien beast to destroy the world that didn't deem them worthy of being captains.
>>
File: skull gruntz.png (96KB, 300x366px) Image search: [Google]
skull gruntz.png
96KB, 300x366px
>>27839196
>nigger behavior

Really now...
>>
>>27838936
Hey now as bad as flare was, their theme wasn't one of the reasons.
>>
>>27838740
>their logo looks like a skull

Holy fuck, I just saw this
>>
>>27838740
>Worse than team Flare

>Literally anything

Pick one
>>
>>27840909
>You must be at least 18 to post on this board
>>
>>27839535
Team Flare could've been interesting too. Their goggles could've been used for hypnosis or something.
>>
>>27839013
This, it's easy to get swept away in pre-release hype but it's better to not get your hopes up for anything. It might be great, it might be okay, it might suck.
>>
>>27841044
Team Flare is a lot of missed opportunities. They didn't use that many fire types, their whole fashion angle was kind of ignored, all the grunts are incompetent despite needing to earn a boatload of money to join, all the admins are just generic, and instead we get a bunch of scientist girls with different hair colors that are all incredibly forgettable.

There was also the fact that Malva was set up as an evil elite 4 member, but it's not even foreshadowed until halfway through the game, and nothing ever really comes of it.
>>
They can't possibly be worse than Flare.
>those awful suits
>that shitty bright red color
>the awful theme music
There's literally nothing redeemable about those fuckers.

At least Plasma had this bitchin' track
https://youtu.be/LB87TndHlFg
>>
They'd have to try pretty hard to be worse than Team Flare.

If they end up being nice guys in the end though, they'll be strong contenders.
>>
File: 1465675865154.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465675865154.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>27838740
They showed more personality than team flare in a single trailer.
>>
>>27841194
you're saying that as if it's a bad thing
>>
File: 1471053548097.png (77KB, 228x223px) Image search: [Google]
1471053548097.png
77KB, 228x223px
All evil teams are shit

I don't understand why people get so caught up about a bunch of loosely collected bunch of punk ass bitch mooks who all use the same shitty assortment of poison and sometimes dark type pokemon
>>
>>27841592
Because they're a central part of the game?
>>
>>27841553

Our rivals are already overly friendly goody two shoes. We don't need our villains to become that too.
>>
>>27841592
So true.
The only things that matter are admins. But when it comes down to it, they are mostly interchangeable punks who hardly even seem to believe in their team's goal and more or less just got wrapped into something as malleable teens.
>>
>>27841675
That's just it though, they're always the same bunch of goons with a different uniform so I don't feel like there's much point in comparing them beyond whatever it is their boss is after

Since Skull is already confirmed for even more poison type shittery I already don't care for them, so unless Guzma does some crazy shit there's nothing to write home about
>>
>>27838780
Nah.
>>
>>27838936
Lysandre's theme was pretty dang good though
>>
>>27838740
I'd actually be impressed, it'd take a real effort to be worse than Team Flare.
>>27841793
>literally just a remix of the grunt theme
They didn't even try.
>>
>>27841679
Agreed, plus ORAS already had teams who were well intentioned and good in the end. I like redeemed villains but I want Skull to just be straight up assholes.
>>
>>27841793
I thought it was fantastic. It's one of my favorite themes in Pokemon.
>>
>>27838740
The grunts alone showed more personality in one trailer than Flare showed in an entire game. As far as I'm concerned, they've already beaten them as far as evil teams go.
>>
DAILY REMINDER THAT EVERYONE THOUGHT FLARE WOULD BE AMAZING PRE-RELEASE.
THEY WERE CONSTANTLY SAYING SHIT LIKE
>Wow, they're so uniquely stylish
>wow, their theme is so great!
>there's no way game freak can mess this up
>>
>>27842567
Because of the cringe worthy moves, please, it;ll become annoying on the second meeting with them, it already is

Posers are extremely annoying.
>>
>>27841679
>>27842242
You are seriously building yourselves up for disappointment.
>>
File: JUoEWBR.jpg (90KB, 952x622px) Image search: [Google]
JUoEWBR.jpg
90KB, 952x622px
>>27840689
more like

>team skull is making a ruckus in the general vicinity of ancient mythical thing
>guzma does a triple flipkick and falls ass backwards over some kind of relic, accidentally awakens the box legend
>huge motherfucker comes down from the sky like WHAT DID I TELL YOU DAMNED KIDS ABOUT RESPECTING THE TRIALS
>y-yo, protagonist, you're really strong and defeated us like five times, can you help us fix this sitch
>>
>>27842596

Of course, the trailer didn't show us that majority of the members are just kids who paid for their life.
>>
>>27842596
We know but it's a good thing to stay optimistic.
>>
>>27838740
They already are better. They have personality, which is better than the nothing that Flare has.

Flare has some great music, but Skull's might be better. That encounter music is GOAT.
>>
I hope Guzma has a sick as fuck track for his battles.
>>
>>27841146
>awful theme music

Listen to Flare's battle music again. It's pretty good.
>>
>>27842156
Are you telling me remixes can't be good? Nothing can come close to the Magma/Aqua leader theme but it's not bad.
>>
>>27842705
>you and Guzma team up to tell Solgaleo or Lunala to fuck off
10/10
>>
>>27841146
I don't think any evil team has a bad grunt theme. Seriously, they're all damn great.
>>
>>27842596
Anon the main difference is that team skull showed more personality than team flare in a single trailer.

This is a good sign
>>
>>27842887
I'm replaying through X right now. Their theme isn't bad, but constantly going back and forth between the Grunt battle theme, the Lysandre battle theme, and the Flare base theme, it's literally the same song with slight variations for a full hour of game time. It gets real old real quick
>>
>>27838740

Skull are already 1000x better and I didn't even dislike Flare
>>
>>27840757
I kinda like that version
>>
>>27842596
>team Flare
>stylish
They look fucking retarded. They're like /fa/ posters in the worst way possible.
>>
Skull is shaping up to be Team Rocket under more fun circumstances; thugs who wreck shit for personal gain.

And that's good. Fuck grand schemes.
>>
They were pretty promising until they revealed Guzma's WOAT team.
>only 2 mons
>both of them are grade A shitmons with BST around 400
>this is at level 30, when you already have a team of 6 mons and some of them perhaps fully evolved
>>
>>27843503
I hope they end up being fun and dorky villains while still being a very real threat in pokemon battles, so we can just have this scenario of a bunch of dorky thugs trolling around Hawaii who are more than capable of steam rolling highly organized criminal organizations with huge financial backing.
>>
>>27843563
>real threat in pokemon battles
>in a post-XY world
L M A O
>>
>>27843550
Fuck off, you can have a full team by the first gym leader in every game.
Not mentioning how you somehow know Guzma's second Pokemon when it wasn't shown.
Not mentioning how everyone sucks Cyrus's dick yet before the last badge you fight him with a team of 3 with one of them being an unevolved shitmon.
Not mentioning how everyone sucks Giovanni's dick yet your fight with him is vs a Kangaskhan, a shitmon, and a Rhyhorn with 1 move. ONE.
>>
>>27843677
You mean "ever", right?
>>
>>27839175
>flare
>classy
They look like dorks, strike dumb poses and wouldn't be out of place in a lady gaga video
>>
>>27838740
I don't care if they're weak as long as they have personality
>>
>>27838778
/thread
>>
>>27843747
That rhyhorn isn't that much less of a threat than Guzma's Ariados.
>>
>>27842901
>this allows Guzma to become a trial captain.
Please!
>>
>>27843747
People are assuming the level 29 Gumshoos is Guzma's second pokemon.
>>
>>27844121
>people are assuming the player's Pokemon is Guzma's Pokemon
What?
>>
>>27844121
What? It's obviously the player pokemon, nobody can be this retarded.
>>
guzma at the VERY least has actual motivation
lysandre made no sense
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.