[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you for or against amiibo support for Pokemon Sun or Moon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (880KB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
880KB, 2592x1936px
Are you for or against amiibo support for Pokemon Sun or Moon?
>>
Depends entirely on what they do. If it just some gay contest shit then go wild. If it actually does something useful then they should kill themselves for doing it.
>>
>>27832345
against
fuck that shit
>>
>>27832345
It would probably give something minor so why not. Something major like event pokemon is welcome too.
>>
Personally I have a feeling Amiibo's will unlock Amiibo-specific 'syncro' forms for the Smash Pokémon, and that's all we'll see from them.
>>
>>27832345
For. My Pikachu amiibo is waiting for some more use.
>>
>>27832345
I have Pikachu and greninja so I'm cool with it as lont as it stupid shit like clothes for your characters or potions or maybe even quick access to evo stones. Once a day like Pokken would be nice.
>>
Amiibos are nothing but a gimmick
>>
>>27832345
stil dont know what this shit is

why should i care about it? someone tell me
>>
>>27832345

Neutral about it.
>>
Fuck no.

Why people buy this shit?
>>
>>27832345
I'm against Amiibo in general. They're just a way to jew people out of money.
>>
File: 1463679450050.png (20KB, 208x200px) Image search: [Google]
1463679450050.png
20KB, 208x200px
>>27833152
Some games have little extra bonuses if you use it with an amiibo, like a special custom character npc in smash, or custom colors for yoshi in yoshi story, I think twilight princess has things like heart recovery of item upgrades. you can google them, it deppends on the game.

The "good" part of amiibos is that you can just buy one that you like and suddently some games you already had now offer some new extra things, plus you get a cool figurine.

The "bad" part is that any game could abuse this into locking content ala DLC unless you buy their amiibo. So it pretty much depends on the game.

I'm ok with games featuring them more (Although I only have Link), I wouldn't mind something like some medium-rare pokemon, or maybe a special event-pokemon (like the Ash-pikachu we had in HGSS, but now with amiibo, not broken or mythical so you left out if you don't have it, but more like a plus gift for having it).

Hey, what if they made a surfing pikachu amiigo?
>>
I'd be totally up for it. Like you could scan amiibo to get special clotching for your playable nigger (like a mario hat or a link tunic) or maybe they could bring back D/P/Pl Pokeball customization where you can get little symbols and jingles for other series from amiibo

Or they could launch a huge line of cards that give you a special moveset/ability for each pokemon that you scan
>>
>>27833152
Nintendo cashing in on Skylanders craze.
No one but fucking morons support it.
>>
>>27832345
I'm for it. I own all the Pokemon amiibo anyway, so always up for another reason to use them. I'd expect it be something small though like a 100 Pokemiles or 10 BP for tapping one everyday.
>>
>>27833152
Physical DLC in the form of cheaply made happy meal toys. Basically cancer.

The worst part is that they don't even do anything cool in the games anyway.
>>
>>27832345
It depends on how they implement it.
If it's something like a building where you can tap an amiibo to face a team themed around that character, then cool, I'd be all for it.

If it's something like the friend safari where you need to tap an amiibo to catch certain pokemon, then fuck that shit.

Basically Amiibo content should always be neat extras that don't make people who don't have them feel like they are missing out.
>>
>>27833152
They are figures, that add small extras to games, you probably shouldn't care about it unless you like Nintendo characters and want a cheap, decent quality figure of them.

>>27833372
>The worst part is that they don't even do anything cool in the games anyway.
That is the best part. and what stops them from being "physical DLC"
>>
not happening. game freak fucking hates amiibo because they're not raking in all the profit off merch.
>>
>>27833340
>Or they could launch a huge line of cards that give you a special moveset/ability for each pokemon that you scan
>Pokemon Sun/Moon TCG cards have an NFC chip that lets you encounter that pokemon
Could be a cool way of getting people interested in the TCG.
>>
If they make an AshGreninja amiibo I'd buy that shit day one.

But that's the only amiibo I'd ever buy.
>>
>>27832345
I don't mind if you can get something minor like Ash's pikachu or a movie Mewtwo off of one but the new mythical pokemon being amiibo exclusive? No. Fuck that.
>>
>>27832345
Of course I'm in favor of it!
As long as they release one for each of the 900 mons
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.