[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VC transfer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (146KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
146KB, 800x450px
What's your thoughts on being able to transfer Gen 1 Pokemon to SM?

How do think transferring from Bank is gonna work? We know there's gonna be an update for Bank to do this, but how is GF gonna handle abilities, natures and stats?

There were rumors of Pokemon like magnemite staying pure electric. Feels kind of odd they're doing Alolan forms everyone seem to forgot this was a thing as well.
>>
>>27831824
Abilities and natures will most certainly be random, and their IVs will obviously be calculated based on their DVs in Gen 1.
>>
>>27831824
>What's your thoughts on being able to transfer Gen 1 Pokemon to SM?
Pretty cool. Allows me to get my old team from my cart onto the current games.
>How do think transferring from Bank is gonna work? How is GF gonna handle abilities, natures and stats?
Abilities I assume with be 3rd gen abilities and natures will probably be random, EVs will probably get reset and DVs will be probably x 2 + 1 to make IVs. I hope any pokemon that has Defense, Special, Speed DV's 10 and Attack DV 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14 or 15 become shiny pokemon in RBY though like it was in GSC.
>>
File: Screenshot (21).png (927KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (21).png
927KB, 1366x768px
>>27831824
do you guys think transferred pokemon will count towards the gen 7 dex? I'm afraid my living dex would goto waste..

Took me 5 fucking minutes to search for the file online and inject that shit.
>>
File: Missingon.jpg (5KB, 146x156px) Image search: [Google]
Missingon.jpg
5KB, 146x156px
>Transfer Missingno
>Get a special Porygon with Water Gun and Sky Attack
CALLING IT NOW
>>
>>27831824
Do I have to pay for this?
>>
>>27833344

all the glitchmons had numbers corresponding to dex numbers after 151, right? So wouldn't you just get like a retarded furret or something?
>>
>>27833346
Yes, Pokebank is not free.

The transferring itself from R/B/Y to Pokebank would most likely be free, but you won't be able to get them from the pokebank if you don't have the service.
>>
>>27833401
I assume that they're not so incompetent as to allow non-Gen 1 Pokemon from transferring to S/M from a Gen 1 game.
>check if Pokemon is numbered from 1-151
>if it is, continue transfer as normal
>if not, convert it into a special case Porygon
>>
>All Pokémon will have Hidden abilities to reward players and avoid no guard fissure shenanigans
>D.V's doubled to get equivalent I.vs.
>Random nature.
>No stat exp to ev conversion. Will just have a throwaway line about how your Pokémon are a bit out of it after such a long travel through time and how you should use super training to get them back up to speed.
>>
Rumors say they keep their gen 1 stats too.

So Chansey would have 105 base special attack.
>>
>>27833457
either that or make missingno a pokemon. It did have a bunch of formes after all, and that seems to be the theme of this generation. I mean, they'll never really make it a real pokemon, but I can dream...
>>
I just want to transfer mega stones by bank, myself. Pain in the ass to use a mega build if I don't have the stone in the next game.
>>
>>27833497

Not even Gamefreak is that retarded.
>>
>>27833597
This. Mewtwo would have 154 Special Defence instead of 90 and Hitmonchan would have 35 Special Defence instead of 110. It's too stupid to be real.
>>
>>27832359
You know you can't transfer from cartidges, right? Only from the VC rereleases?
>>
>>27833469
I can get behind these ideas.
>>
>>27833344
Can you do the missingno glitch in the VC games?
>>
>>27834387
I believe that in yellow, no, but red and blue may be able to. I heard somewhere that the glitches got fixed in yellow.
>>
>>27834387
>>27834487
According to a quick search on google both glitches are present in them.
>>
>>27834596
Sorry >>27834487 is correct, in yellow missingno is not present in yellow.
>>
>>27834242
You can use a device to transport the cartridge save to your computer, mod the 3DS, and send that save to your system.
>>
>>27834622
Yes it is, I've tried it in yellow. You need to do the ditto glitch with a certain special value I can't recall.
>>
The real question is WHEN WILL THEY RELEASE GOLD, SILVER AND CRYSTAL?
>>
>>27834769

On their 20th anniversary.
>>
>>27831824
>magnemite is pure electric
>clefairy and jigglypuff are pure normal

I just realized that if GF plans to do this they could easily call them their "Kanto forms" and they'd fit in with the alolan form concept very easily. except for the appearance part, not quite fair that a pure electric magneton would look the same as a steel/ele one.

I wonder what they'll do with missingno?
>>
>>27834769
Wonder what would happen to held items from G/S/C that have since left the series. Stuff like mail and the berries etc that were exclusive to that gen.
>>
>>27834885

Same as importing from 5th gen, it just won't let you import items.
>>
>>27834885
The bank normally won't let you get pokemon with items.
>>
>>27834813
Missingo will transform into a Flying/Water pokemon named Blissmingo upon transfer, it's a mythical pokemon known for creating illusions.
>>
>>27834387
Yes I did the Missingno glitch in Red on VC
>>
>>27832359
I'd imagine they'd have to. Same with making genders based on DVs. Just because if they ever release GSC on VC, it would make sense for the sake of consistency
>>
File: gen 1 gen 6.png (16KB, 200x205px) Image search: [Google]
gen 1 gen 6.png
16KB, 200x205px
>>27834813
They could make 'Kanto form' color tones more sepia/unsaturated? Works really well with Magnemite/Magneton; you can have a different tone of metal and you could change the magnet colors etc.

>>27834387
You can. I'm using it to get stuff like Pay Day Pikachu etc to send over enmasse.
>>
>>27838843
Kanto is a barely inhabitable shithole. Seems about right.
>>
The real question is: Will there be a work-around to transfer monsters from Gen 6 to S/M? Because fuck paying for Pokebank just to transfer my shit.
>>
>>27838946

They might give out another free month.
>>
Is there a way to transfer VC 1st gen to 6th gen currently? Also, when the fuck will 2nd gen VC games be coming out?
>>
>>27838979

You can't transfer to 6th gen, they said SM only.
>>
no guard scarf machamp with ohko attacks makes everyone cry.
>>
>>27839080
>Every Gen1transfer Mon gets Hidden Abilities or some other clause that makes cross gen cheese impossible
ripperoni in peace
>>
>>27831824
My biggest concern about the Pokebank update is how they're gonna handle gen 6 functionality. Like will everytging automatically be upgraded to gen 7 data, or will there be seperate pieces of software for gen 6, or are they going to let you store gen 6 data and gen 7 data in the same bank? It'd be messy I think.
>>
>>27839080

They'll likely lock everything to hidden abilities.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.