[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gym leader > only has 2 pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1471121767285.jpg (45KB, 816x568px) Image search: [Google]
1471121767285.jpg
45KB, 816x568px
>Gym leader
> only has 2 pokemon
>>
>it's a gym leader who everyone admires only uses a level 7 Pidgey and level 13 Pidgeotto episode
>>
>>27825811
>this image
>not a gif with gengar showing his tongue
wasted oportunity 2bh
>>
>>27825811
Gym leaders scale their pokemon to a consistent level of challenge for the trainer. As do the Elite 4.

They don't fight at full strength, which is why you get to battle the elite four again after becoming the Champion, and they battle properly the second time. They didn't become more powerful, they were just holding back.
>>
>>27826145
>and they battle properly the second time
not in every game
>>
>>27826145
[citation needed]
>>
File: 1471295293768.jpg (42KB, 272x262px) Image search: [Google]
1471295293768.jpg
42KB, 272x262px
>>27825811
You mean like Clefairy and Milktank?
>>
>>27825811
>playing rom hack
>difficulty curve not too bad
>trainers before gym are level 13 with 2 Pokemon
>gym leader uses 6 level 16 with lemonades
>>
>>27825811
>gym leader
>isn't a complete competitivefag with six of the best Pokemon all Lv.100 with perfect IVs, natures, moves, and items ready to curbstomp any 10 year old bringing a Lv.5 starter and a bird
>>
>>27826145
I would enjoy the games more if all Gym leaders had six Pokemon—even if their levels are low and scale with the player. It wouldn't be that much harder.
>>
>>27826182
Pokemon Origins.

>inb4 not canon

It's canon, whether you like it or not.
>>
>>27825811
It's only okay if it's the fiist gym.

>gym leader
>don't have one pokemon of his own region
>have identical pokemon
>have an other pokemon of the same line

fuck hgss and his bad game design

>>27826334
no, bad game design
players don't take that much pokemon so early
it's better to have something like 2 - 3 -3 - 4 - 4 - 5 - 5 - 6
>>
>>27826191
Fucking miltank.
>>
>poison gym leader
>4 venonats and 1 venomoth
Yellow Koga is a fucking joke
>>
>>27826358
>origins is cannon

I think I'll give (you) one for that
>>
>>27826191
DELET
>>
>>27827417

It's common sense if you play the fucking games. Cheren mentions not being able to use his main team in BW2 because he's the 1st gym and is limited to shitmons. The Kanto gym leaders in GSC/HGSS use teams way stronger than any starting trainer would be able to beat.
>>
>>27825811
Uh oh, someone didn't watch Origins
>>
>>27827476
GSCHGSS always made me wonder how the fuck a new trainer from Pallet would ever get through Route 1 when there's trainers packing Level 31-47 Pokemon that don't suck ass.
>>
>>27826145
>Gym leaders scale their pokemon to a consistent level of challenge for the trainer.
Then how come they don't change their teams when you fight them out of order?
>>
>>27827540
Because it's your dumb ass fault for doing that
>>
Gym leaders with 2 Pokemon can be difficult. Brock was difficult in Yellow, for example. But there are other competent ways to make 2-Pokemon gym leaders more difficult. For example, consider this first gym: a Dragon-Type gym whose leader has just 2. Pokemon:
1. A Pokemon whose final evolution is a dragon type, but who currently has a type strong against the starter you picked. For example, Horsea if you picked the fire starter.
2. Dratini with Dragon Rage, Thunder Wave, Safeguard, and Haze OR Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, Safeguard, and Thunder Wave.

We could also do what RBY and GSC did, which was just under level Pokemon.
You could have a one-Pokemon first gym leader whose Pokemon was Dragonite, at level 10 (typically a few levels lower than most first gym leader Pokemon), with Draco Meteor, Dragon Rush, Extreme Speed, and Haze. This would compel you to catch as many Pokemon as possible and train them as much as possible before challenging the gym leader. It would also compel you to look for ice/fairy/steel types. It would also teach you to fight with items/stalling/strategy.
>>
>>27827540
Because you aren't intended to do that, so the designers didn't bother coding it into the game. Seriously, did you honestly believe that a guy with a level 14 Onix manages to stay as gym leader when there's a random bug catcher with a level 36 beedrill in the woods two towns over? If you didn't independantly come to the conclusion that gym leaders scale their power, you are probably retarded.
>>
>>27827765
>diamond and pearl
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.