[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sandbox Pokemon MMO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: 1353746808578967143.gif (2MB, 636x222px) Image search: [Google]
1353746808578967143.gif
2MB, 636x222px
When will Nintendo/GF/The Pokemon Company realize the world desperately wants an open world/sandbox Pokemon MMO with great graphics. In theory, it could become the most succesful game of all time. You can even do the turn-based gameplay FF style.

What's with the hold-up?
Are there even plans to develop something?

If lonely neckbeards can develop this shit (without help, in their parents' attic), there's no excuse for Nintendo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs3-73NSa7k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SL6wF-UJAc
>>
File: 1471065094822.png (218KB, 532x767px) Image search: [Google]
1471065094822.png
218KB, 532x767px
>>
>>27824246
Are you a nintendo spy?
>>
>>27824246
/vp/ in shambles
>>
Maybe with pokemon GO success they will realize that pokemon + social aspects + sandbox = success
>>
>>27824228
Nintendo wouldnt be able to handle these graphics :(
>>
>>27824314
You dont even need the social aspects desu. Just pokemon + a good open world setting + a turn based battle system would be enough for most people.
>>
File: ue4.jpg (110KB, 780x548px) Image search: [Google]
ue4.jpg
110KB, 780x548px
>mfw this will never become real
>>
>people seriously think this generic hyper realism looks good
>people seriously want some grind fest MMO or empty open world instead of a well made single player game

fuck all of you
>>
>>27824228
>poorly ripping a model into a generic mismatched Unreal map and adding shitty particles
>hard

You're a fucking idiot.

>open world/sandbox Pokemon MMO

Oh look another retard spewing vague terms that he loosely associates with "le epic adventure xD" without considering the specifics at all.
>>
>>27824352
Yeah but you need those social aspects to keep game alive. If they don't do anything to deliver shit like trading/battling to GO Then we will forget about this game in couple months. Pokemon mmo should have gangs. Hideouts to claim/fight for. Secret bases where you can invite friends and fight etc.
>>
>>27824449

Pokemon already has social aspects you insipid twat. The only thing an MMO would add is physically seeing other players, and that's not worth the monumental resources it would take.

There is no party based gameplay in Pokemon in the first place.
>>
>>27824447
Well it may not be hard to make but I'm just generally dissapointed that Nintendo seems to have zero interest in a game with modern graphics and the possibilities of an open world.

Have you even considered the specifics? Or would you rather play shitty textured 3ds games every few years until Nintendo goes bankrupt? (which they will with the bullshit they are releasing now)
>>
>>27824445
This.

ITT: people who know nothing of game design and flow.
>>
>>27824449
Trading will kill GO more than it's already been killed lmao
>>
>>27824314
this desu

pokemon go is shallow, unfinished and broken and was still a huge success for the first few weeks and made millions

now imagine if it was actually good and had reasons to keep playing it
>>
File: 1471283161813.jpg (33KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1471283161813.jpg
33KB, 500x330px
>>
>>27824228
>open world sandbox MMO
How to tell if someone is under the age 18
>>
>>27824494
Yeah because 3ds game lets you go on real Time Adventure with friends while casually talk about shit you explore. Then fight with them without bizzare saving, connecting and waiting.
You should go and play pixelmon to see the potential of open world pokes. Shame that pixelmon is based on minecraft...
>>
>>27824530
>posting on /vp/
How to tell someone is over 30 and infatuated with vietnamese cartoon monsters
>>
>>27824500
>(which they will with the bullshit they are releasing now)
Jesus fuck do you just speak without thinking all the time?
As long Pokemon, Mario and TLoZ exist there is no such thing. Look at the sales, look at your face, take a gun, you know what to do.
>>
ITT: denial and neophobia
>>
>they will never make an over priced unfinished early access pokemon game with crafting and survival elements in a big multiplayer open world

why even live?
>>
>>27824500
>zero interest in a game with modern graphics

Alola is going full 3D with no chibi models you stupid fuck. Their graphics are as good as the current handheld hardware.

What the fuck do release schedules have to do with specifics? I'm talking about the specifics of the fucking game, as in how it would actually play, what you would fucking do in it and what value the MMO component would add, relative to its tremendous cost.

You're just another "ideas guy" shitting out vague concepts without considering how it would translate into an actual game.
>>
>>27824445
>im the kind of person who would have bitched that warcraft there would never have lent itself to a good MMO and would rather have just had Warcraft 4 hurrrrr

Okay
>>
>>27824540
>Shame that pixelmon is based on minecraft...
How is that a shame? You have exactly what you want you fucking moron, that mod and many like try their to replicate the same game mechanics, then you have the bonus of it being fucking minecraft, the possibilities are endless. Fuck off you spoiled cunt.
>>
>>27824228
FUCK OFF YOU STUPID CUNT
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
FUCK OFF
>>
>>27824228
It's like open world zombie games and open world space games, nobody actually wants them and nobody will actually play them, they just say they will.
"A mile wide and an inch deep" is a design philosophy that only works for funding kickstarters, but by the time it comes out there's no magic left.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 320x320px
>games offer the competitive aspects that most MMO carries and the possible grind as well when it comes to training Pokes

>NOOO BUT I WANNA PLAY WITH MY FRIENDS AND GET ALL THE BADGES REEEEEE
>>
>>27824581
WoW wasn't good dude, and I'm still thirsty for Warcraft 4, even though I know Metzen would shit all over it.
>>
>>27824607
>games offer the competitive aspects that most MMO carries
>competitive aspects that most MMO carries
That's not a good thing if we're talking MMOs in general.
Now if you just want to carry over what we already have, there's two incredibly popular battle simulators that already do that.
>>
>>27824583
Shame because minecraft is shitty engine for this mod. It works like shit and is buggy and laggy as fuck. Yet i play it more ofen than core games so i see the potencial of this kind of setting for a pokemon game.
>>
>>27824540
>real time adventures with friends

It's like your entire conception of game design is based on box art PR statements.

What the fuck would you actually DO with your friends? Go 5 v 1 against gym leaders? That's not how Pokemon works.
>>
>>27824634
I'm sure you said the same thing about GO. Yet millions of people go outside walking talking catching pokes and having fun. (outside of vp of course because basement neckbeards dont go outside)
>>
>>27824620
You're one of those people who thinks vanilla wow wasn't good aren't you? Also
>literally proving my point
Unsurprising
>>
>>27824679
>assumptions
>not mentioning the point of the post
I really want GOtards to leave
>>
>>27824228
>If lonely neckbeards can develop this shit
Are you implying these are impressive?
>download UE4 with free assets
>import some pokemon models with animations and add a fire particle effect
>record a video
MMOs are fucking financial nightmares.
>>
Fuck the mmo aspect, I'd settle for an open world game without pixelated graphics and a good single player mode. Imagine exploring a map the size of GTA5, catching mons, earning badges etc.

You can't tell me you wouldn't play that shit /vp/
>>
>>27824845
The level curve would be an absolute nightmare to deal with, though. This is the problem with a lot of open world SP RPGs.
Also the cost would be through the goddamn roof for, at best, acceptable returns.
>>
>>27824898
>Also the cost would be through the goddamn roof for, at best, acceptable returns.

Pokemon GO is the most succesful mobile game of all time and it's a flawed game with a 2 week lifecycle. Pokemon + a great game + a grand scope = midas touch. That shit would sell through the roof.
>>
>>27824517
Pokemon GO was also free to play and available on smartphones. A full fledged MMO would not be.
>>
>>27824941
I hope you're not comparing the development cycle, expenses and immediate returns of Pokemon GO with those of GTA5.
That would be silly. Specially considering that:
>a game of this scope would be obligatorily for consoles
>the install base for consoles is much smaller than "anyone who owns a phone"
>pay-to-play would also decrease initial interest (GO has a gigantic playerbase because it's free and downloads immediately)
>Nintendo does not have a solid home console to work such a massive game
>this risky venture for the franchise would be by orders of magnitude the largest investment Nintendo would have to make towards Pokemon, investors' buttholes would be clenched to the point of atomic splitting
>development would have to be handled by Gamefreak, who has no previous experience in projects this massive, or be outsourced, increasing production prices and almost certainly sacrificing game feel and overall quality
>years to develop, smothering the hype over time and choking the release of the "normal" games

Look anon, I'd love a game like that too, but as a dev I have to say it's a pipedream at best.
>>
File: 1470843367996.png (875KB, 658x824px) Image search: [Google]
1470843367996.png
875KB, 658x824px
>>27824228
>membership
>>
>>27825037
These are all really great points. But perhaps the most important point here is that Gamefreak would either have to develop it (which is a scope of development they have never done before, ever), or they would have goblet someone else develop it. Some smaller studio who has experience with developing MMOs and has the infrastructure set up to do the project.

Like Bethesda outsourced ESO to Zenimax. And look how well that shit turned out. That's not to say a Zenimax-type thing couldn't be a home run, but how on earth are you going to get investors on board to take a brand like Pokemon, throw it into an incredibly niche market like MMOs--which have a huge track record over the last decade of being UTTER FAILURES, and hand that huge problem over to smoke no-name Dev studio because Gamefreak literally can't make it without doubling their staff; read: doubling the investment they require from people who are already not keen to be involved.

But the player base would love it!

Yeah "it might be the next wow killer," sure. no one will bite. I would play the fucking shit out of it, myself. but it would most likely be a flawed messy failure pretending to be vanilla wow because that's the only successful marketing model in the entire genre.

Or you could do something entirely original and reinvent the MMO mold from the ground up, breaking the choke-hold wow has had on it for the last ten years and giving the typology a wholly original installment with Pokemon IP.

But good luck funding it and finding a team of bedroom nerds to believe in it. Remember, nothing revolutionary or truly classic ever came from an assembly line.
>>
>>27827317
Thanks anon, that was my point but since I'm a dirty wagekek I couldn't expand on it.
Bottom line is: it's time we gave up on MMOs, Pokemmon is a bad idea.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.