[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

7. Generation Designs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 27

File: lusardin.gif (2MB, 313x181px) Image search: [Google]
lusardin.gif
2MB, 313x181px
Looks like this Gen. 7 Pokémon will get the best animations in the history of Pokémon.
>>
File: 1461985102002.png (69KB, 802x424px) Image search: [Google]
1461985102002.png
69KB, 802x424px
>>27824209
>fish missile
>>
>It fires fish from its body
11/10 I'm cumming
>>
I didn't know wishiwashi was based on a submarine
>>
>>27824275
you must be blind then
>>
>>27824275
Are you blind
>>
>fish off the tail have four eyes
>best animations
idk, design-wise it feels like there are a lot of lazy oversights.
>>
>>27824344
those are two fish together you retard
>>
>>27824344
The fish off the tail are two fish together, hence the fins on the bottom and top and two eyes on the same side
>>
>>27824280
>>27824286
You can't blame him tho. WW, at first glance, looks more like a big fish than a submarine.
>>
>>27824275
Hope the shiny is yellow.
>>
>>27824209
where is your wishiwashi though?

would be more satisfy if you could see your mon clearly in charge instead of a monster made a bunch of random fucking fish you dont know
>>
>>27824209
This triggers my trypophopia, like Surinam Toads.
>>
File: 1468577154116.png (451KB, 444x529px) Image search: [Google]
1468577154116.png
451KB, 444x529px
>>27824209
I don't get this guy. I would appreciate it if it were an evolution, but how would this work?

You have one little fish mon, throw him out to battle, then no matter where you are a ton of others show up and melt together to make a larger monster?

I know what it is based on, but I'm confused.

Is this supposed to be literally a large group of Wishiwashi all grouped up and simply stylized? Or does this form change literally meld them together and change them temporarily? If so, where do the others come from/go.

Magneton, Dugtrio, Slowbro, etc work in my mind because it's a permanent evolution that adds more, they don't come on go constantly.

Makes no sense, even for this fictional universe.
>>
>>27824209
chances of updating the oldest ones on this or the next game?
>>
>>27824439
>Is this supposed to be literally a large group of Wishiwashi all grouped up and simply stylized?
Yes
>>
>>27824439
you have a fish and then it evolves into a school of fish, the latter of which generally moving together in a unit .. just more of a cohesive unit in pokemon

where do they come from? the fuck knows, maybe they're all just randomly summoned
>>
>>27824439
>Is this supposed to be literally a large group of Wishiwashi all grouped up and simply stylized?
yes, like you know real fish that stay in a big ass group composed of thousands to survive predators?
think of it as
>it reach a certain level and he becomes some kind of alpha and other of its kind gatter around him, you're ordering the alpha (the one that you own) and he commands the rest
>>
>>27824386
THIS
>>
>>27824527
I see, but that means it only works on the game because gameplay reasons, on a real situation the fish is fucking useless outside of water where in can be wildly encountered
>>
>>27824475
>>27824527
Well, that's disappointing. Because it ISN'T a group of Wishiwashi. They don't even have the same shape/eye placement if they are just silhouettes. Why are they all solid colors that fade from light to dark? Why can't they have make a simple, dark blue fish with white or black eyes, then made dozens of the same one, so is made sense.

I choose to believe that they literally change shape/form, like a transformation/evolution. It's the only thing that makes sense.
>>
>>27824565
This

I am starting to really dislike this guy if this is how it works. Hopefully it will be explained in detail and make more sense later.
>>
>>27824403
Maybe it's in the center
>>
>>27824582
I like to think they gather together and sort of change a little while in close proximity to each other. They all take on a "part", thus slightly changing shape size and colour to fit the part. It reminds me of how some ocean "mates" join to a female and attach for life, basically becoming an organ (literally merging cells) and constantly pumping its semen into her LOL. He feeds off her and gives an endless supply of semen. Sorta like this, except it's temporary and not as gross.
>>
>>27824403
It's the eye, dude
>>
>>27824582
Wishiwashi are dark on top and light on bottom; the white/blue patches are showing variously the tops or bottoms of the fish, depending on how they attach.

The gradients of blue, call it a slight variation in their natural hue. Works for Minior (and Basculin), why the fuck not, maybe they just have slightly different colors in the wild.

The silhouette lack of detail on things like eyes, remember the screen you'll see this on. It's important to keep in mind that this design has to read well on a 320x240 screen (or whatever the 3DS runs) with no antialiasing and probably a 256x256 pixel limit on the texture map for filesize reasons.

So, yeah, it's simplified, but if the detail was there it wouldn't read in-game anyway, it would just make the whole thing look blurry.
>>
>>27824582

If it was fully rendered Wishiwashi it would be way too busy, and probably too much for 3DS hardware. This is a rare case where oversimplification is actually justified.
>>
>>27824565
Yes the real world situation where you would really be encountering a wishiwashi. In the real world.
>>
>>27824565
Suck it up, if we were going to apply real world logic 70% of the water pokemon would be useless most of the game.
>>
>>27824209
now if I call that a digimon everyone would call me "le genwunner" or "horrible taste" or blastoise cannons or whatever
the idea was good, but fuck it, that design is horrible
>>
>>27824780

Nobody would call you a genwunner for that. Only artistically barren, biased and retarded.
>>
>>27824565

Just like any fish pokemon, you fucking autist

Jesus fucking christ

I didn't see you complaining about Goldeen, fucker.
>>
File: Bewear.png (378KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Bewear.png
378KB, 1280x1280px
>>27824209
Yet it already has several of the worst Pokemon designs under its belt.
>>
File: literally digimon.png (194KB, 521x405px) Image search: [Google]
literally digimon.png
194KB, 521x405px
>>27824780

Daily reminder that you're an idiot.
>>
>>27824780
I am going to say you have horrible taste.

Wishiwashi is one of the best designs ever.
>>
>>27824811
Whats wrong with our ugly little mascot costume?
>>
>>27824811

>this gen's Mr. Mime/Unown/Gardevoir/Lucario/Garbodor/Klefki is representative of the entire gen

Don't be that guy.
>>
>>27824813
>implying i wouldn't call m-lucario a digimon
mega evos were a mistake
>the concept of a XXXXmon changed its form to something stronger during the battle and return to its normal form when the battle was ended
XXXX is digi or poke?
>>
>>27824780
You've never seen a digimon before have you?
>>
>>27824850
>Implying based Garbodor and Klefki are comparable to the utter garbage heap that is Lucario
>>
>>27824854
>implying i wouldn't call m-lucario a digimon

Yes I already said you're an idiot, you don't need to keep proving it.

>Pokemon have to follow these arbitrary rules because I say so
>Pokemon can never expand on its core mechanics such as evolution
>Digimon invented powered up forms
>>
>>27824850
Most of those pokemon are good though.

Even Lucario isn't an awful mon it's just been forced to hell ad back.
>>
File: shirodesuna.png (192KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
shirodesuna.png
192KB, 600x600px
>>27824850
>several of the worst pokemon

I'm not.
>>
>>27824844
>ugly little mascot costume?
It's canonically adorable and women and children flock to hug them
>>
>>27824209
i really hope its ability doesnt render it completely useless
>>
>>27824904

The calcs based on the Japanese trailer put it somwhere around Mega Rayquaza's stats
>>
>>27824904
It seems like it's mega fug tier while in schooling form.
>>
>>27824895

Sandcastle isn't inherently bad, it's just a little too obvious with the Yokai grab.
>>
>>27824879
if your better argument is to call ma an idot, then you don't have an argument
>I say so
gens I-V say so
>Pokemon can never expand on its core mechanics such as evolution
can expand. But a least with something original. Like gender evos, evos based on the place, whatever
invented or not, it make it popular
>>
File: What could it be.png (3MB, 1076x1105px) Image search: [Google]
What could it be.png
3MB, 1076x1105px
>>27824935
>invented or not, it make it popular
>>
>>27824946
like I said before, you don't have an argument
>>
>>27824956
I don't need an argument to argue with you because you're saying digimon invented the concept of a powered up form.

All I have to do is laugh at you being retarded.
>>
>>27824974
Excuse me, not invented, "made popular".
>>
>>27824903
No, that's its prevolution.
People canonically run away from Bewear, because its hugs are strong enough to kill a person.
>>
>>27824974
or not

but of course, you only read what you want to read

just said it make it popular

calling me a retarded will not make you smart
>>
File: my guy barbar.jpg (83KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
my guy barbar.jpg
83KB, 894x894px
I'm disappointed /vp/
A simple wishiwashi thread turned into more throwing around the words Digimon and Yokai, for shame.
>>
>>27824935

Calling you an idiot isn't my argument, it's just an observation.

Gen I-V never said "Pokemon can NEVER do these things." You might as well bitch that Gen II had day and night cycles, because Gen I NEVER had that.

What exactly is unoriginal about Wishiwashi? Name me one fucking Digimon with the same concept.

>it make it popular
Prove it.
>>
>>27824983
Yea but it's still cute.

It's just it doesn't know its own strength and will frequently kill people on accident.
>>
>>27824994
nope.
the concept of evolution in pokemon is the concept of metamorphosis irl
it's like asking your butterfree to return as a metapod at the end of the battle
stop with your shitty analogies

here's one prove
a fan made video of this concept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsXXvZd2of0
of course, there is others
now show me another franchice made it before digimon that made that concept popular
>>
>>27824903
So what? Plenty of stuff is supposed to be "cute" and is actually ugly. Just look at Serena.
>>
>>27824209
I wonder how this will work in the anime.
>>
>>27824209
The only thing I dislike about the design is the corners of the mouth. I feel like it'd look better if its mouth was closed entirely like the middle part.
>>
and yet flying pokemon still look like shit in battle

RIP Xatu
>>
>>27824209
This pokemon is magnificent
Too bad it's so incoherent (you know, you're fighting with your one fish in a forest and suddenly 50 other appears out of nowhere to help)
>>
>>27825059

Pokemon have had form changes since gen 3 you twat. This is no different.

>show me another franchise that made powered up forms popular

Are you fucking insane? Dragonball, Getter Robo, Guyver, Saint Seiya. Do you really want me to list every fucking anime that has power ups?
>>
>>27824439
it's described as a melting but in the end it's just an ability. it won't call allies in the anime either it will just glow and a bunch of fish will appear out of nowhere around it like some magic
>>
>>27825059
>now show me another franchice made it before digimon that made that concept popular
Pretty much any fucking shonen in existence?
Dragonball is a good start.
>>
>>27824439
>You have one little fish mon, throw him out to battle, then no matter where you are a ton of others show up and melt together to make a larger monster?
>I know what it is based on, but I'm confused.
>Is this supposed to be literally a large group of Wishiwashi all grouped up and simply stylized? Or does this form change literally meld them together and change them temporarily? If so, where do the others come from/go.

GF hasnt thought it that far
They literally don't care about the coherence of their world, all they care about are "original concept" bullshit
That's why there are so many pokemon (natural beings) based on human creation more recent than them (magnemite was in the AZ flashback) and now this crappy concept of a pokemon that call its fellow for help even if nowhere near the shoreline
>>
>>27825198
>form changes =/= evolution
still waiting
>Dragonball, Getter Robo, Guyver, Saint Seiya
really? tell me exactly which one of those franchises have a lot of kids/teenagers who are friends with a small monster, that small monster grow up to an stronger form through evolution and then that said monster return to its normal after the battle has ended
>>
>>27824895

I'm still having trouble understanding why this guy triggers people.
>>
>>27825244
show me another franchise that made powered up forms popular. =/= tell me exactly which one of those franchises have a lot of kids/teenagers who are friends with a small monster, that small monster grow up to an stronger form through evolution and then that said monster return to its normal after the battle has ended.

Idiot.
>>
>>27824439
>Is this supposed to be literally a large group of Wishiwashi all grouped up and simply stylized? Or does this form change literally meld them together and change them temporarily? If so, where do the others come from/go.

When it’s in danger, Wishiwashi’s glistening eyes catch the light and shine out, sending an SOS signal to its allies!

When Wishiwashi friends receive an SOS signal, they unite in this huge battle formation!

Wishiwashi that have encountered many dangerous situations and have a lot of experience calling on their allies will be able to emit a bright light from their eyes. They can gather allies and transform into an even more powerful Pokémon!

>>27825241
Here's your (you)
>>
>>27824240
Fishiles
>>
>>27824521
>where do they come from? the fuck knows, maybe they're all just randomly summoned

That's what's so annoying
I'd even prefere if they were clones
To understand how incoherent it is, imagine the ashnime, some tournament in a big ass stadium.
Some dude use a Wishiwish in the small ass (and empty) pool of the water field and suddenly dozens of fish appears out of nowhere to help? Bullshit

This form change should only work when near the shore, to avoid incoherent shit like this when fighting in a forest, mountain or whatnot
>>
>>27824991
Man, I will never understand the hate behind Barbarnicle.
>>
>>27825271
digimon/pokemon starting gen VI

I wrote 2 things an I'm gonna wrote it again
1. you only read what you want to read
2. the kid have a XXXXmon that changed its form to a stronger one during the battle and return to its normal form when the battle was ended
what's? XXXX
no, Dragon ball is not an answer

stop reading just what you want
also, you asked which digimon have the same concept of Wishiwashi. If you readed my first post, you would see that I said that the concept is good. You only read what you want.

>calling me an idiot again
there. You don't have more arguments. Live with your fucking autism.
>>
>>27825337
It's pretty ugly looking in general.

Then you have all the gen wun shitposters
>>
>>27824209
They said they wanted to give pokemon more personalities with their animations so yes they're going to be better than previous
>>
>>27825341
>no, Dragon ball is not an answer
>This answer doesn't count!!
>>
>>27825341
I really hope English isn't your first language
>>
>>27825347
>It's pretty ugly looking in general.
But that's what makes it cool, imo.
>>
>>27825244
>form changes =/= evolution

That's what I said you dense fuck. Wishiwashi's gimmick, and mega evos are a form change, which have been in the franchise for ages. You're just being incredibly pedantic about terminology.

>which one of those franchises etc

The other aspects of Digimon that you listed have nothing to do with powered up forms. You said Digimon made powered up forms popular which is patently false. Now you're moving the goalposts.
>>
>>27824527
The key of his post was "no matter where you are", mongrel
Sure it makes sense to have your Wishiwashi call his wild fellow for help if you're fighting on a beach on on the sea
But it certainly doesnt if you're sending him in the middle of a jungle or at the top of a volcano

And I don't even care about the retarded fish argument there >>27824565
Fish pokemon being able to survive outside of water for the time of a battle isnt even that incoherent (you could increase the coherence by reducing their speed a little but whatever).
What's really incoherent is the fact the wild Wishiwashi will teloprt to help yours even if you're nowhere near the sea
>>
Isn't this cheating when you're only allowed 6 pokemon on you at a time?
>>
>>27825456
If so, can we have Mega-K banned under the same principle?
>>
File: opdiagram.gif (19KB, 468x223px) Image search: [Google]
opdiagram.gif
19KB, 468x223px
>>27824275
>>27824280
>>27824286
Can somebody explain to me why this is so apparent to some of you?

The top fin and the tail, maybe, MAYBE. Even then, that's stretching it. It might be submarine-esque, but it's very loosely based on a submarine, if that.

Anybody who would've seen Wishiwashi prior to this GIF wouldn't have equated it to a submarine, but now because "oh, it fires missiles!" It's a sub. No, it's a giant school of fish using some of the Wishiwashi as cannon fodder.

But, again, maybe I'm just blind too and there's something I'm not getting. Can somebody please explain?
>>
>>27825411
The retard doesn't even know that Digimon returning to their previous form is an anime thing too.
>>
>>27825553
Oh god, is this like the guy who thought mushrooms where plants?
>>
>>27824811
I love this motherfucker. Favourite design so far.
>>
>>27825553
>Anybody who would've seen Wishiwashi prior to this GIF wouldn't have equated it to a submarine

Actually, the first thing I thought upon seeing the school form in the thumbnail of /vp/'s catalog was "great, another shitty pokemon based on some fucking madmade creation......will the ride ever end"
I though it was an evo btw
>>
>>27825411
>reading just what you want
we are talking about the concept of mega evolution now
see >>27824780
the idea of Wishiwishs was good

and you couldn't give me a counterexample to this.
The concept of mega evolve a pokemon is so much similar to the digimon concept, much more than DBZ or anything
>>
>>27825553
I've thought it was a submarine since I saw it had a sail/periscope.

It firing fishiles just confirms it even more.
>>
>>27825579
How the fuck is that even remotely relevant? Mushrooms are mushrooms.

People are saying Wishiwashi is a submarine because it shoots fish from its side, and that's literally the only reason.

I just want to understand what else could possibly suggest its sub-themed.
>>
>>27825553

I saw it, but only because someone pointed out to me that M-Sharpedo has submarine elements. Now I look for it in every fish mon.
>>
>>27825608

The concept of mega evolution is a form change. It's an established mechanic in the series.

It's no more similar to Digimon than it is to DBZ. In fact Digimon don't even revert in the games.
>>
>>27825553
I honestly agree with you.
It just looks like a huge fucking fish made out of smaller fish.
Then again there are people that believe Sharpedo looks anything like a torpedo at all.
>>
>>27825613
Actually, mushrooms are a fungus.

And what more do you need? Fish torpedos, general colour, body shape (including the top fin, tail). It clearly taken some design cues from real world subs.
>>
I just want to know why this couldn't have been an evolution. Everyone would have genuinely loved it just as much as usual with the added bonus of it making sense in-universe. Plus less gimmickiness...
>>
>>27825648
Just look like a pedophilic sharl to me
>>
>Wishiwashi have a new Ability, Schooling, which no Pokémon has previously had. With Schooling, Wishiwashi can change form in battle to their School Form under certain conditions.
>under certain conditions

So far we know that one of these conditions is the pokémon's level, but it's also entirely possible that the form change somehow requires the battle to take place near water.
>>
>>27825674
The video literally says that Wishiwashi changes into School form after reaching a certain level.
There are no more criteria besides that and remaining HP.
>>
>>27825642
digimon games aren't as popular as the anime
I showed you a video where charmander evoved in a digimon-style
now show me where ppl tries to say: pokemon stole the mega evos concept from Dragon Ball
also
>In fact Digimon don't even revert in the games.
pheraps they not did revert in the digimon anime because it was more like a pokemon concept
still waiting your conterargument
>inb4 idiot
I don't care anymore what you think
>>
File: 00190KillerWhaleIdNB04104-24-07.jpg (51KB, 600x535px) Image search: [Google]
00190KillerWhaleIdNB04104-24-07.jpg
51KB, 600x535px
>>27825553
The dorsal fin is what made it for me. The shape looks more like a submarine sail than a standard fish.
>>
>>27825674
you need to catch 100 wishiwashies that are stored in your pkmn-PC
>>
>>27825703

And the digimon anime isn't as popular as multitudes of other anime and Japanese franchises, many of which had powered up forms. It's a fundamental trope in Japanese media.

Digimon don't revert in the games, which are still the primary medium of the franchise. You're saying Pokemon stole a game mechanic that wasn't in the games?

You could show me a video of Charizard transforming Super Saiyan style and it still wouldn't make a point. Neither is stupid people saying stupid shit. Millions of people say Pokemon should have stopped at 151, do you agree with that too?

>pheraps they not did revert in the digimon anime because it was more like a pokemon concept

English motherfucker do you speak it
>>
>>27825613
You're just a fucking retard anon, its okay.
>>
>>27824386
Shiny Wishiwashi doesn't even make sense. Does it somehow magically summon only other shiny Wishiwashi to its aid?
>>
>>27824854
Temporary evolutions are mostly an anime thing. In the v-pets and the World games, Digimon evolve permanently.
>>
>>27825659
Because they gave the school form like 150-180 base attack stats, apparently. They wanted it to be temporary.
>>
>>27825653
>Mushrooms are a fungus.
Pedantry on a whole new level.

>Strength-in-numbers school of fish using itself as cannon fodder.
>A blue fish? Woah, that's unheard of.
>If a fish is sub-shaped to you, would not just say subs are fish-shaped like what the fuck lol. In that case every Water type fish has been submarine themed, not just Wishiwashi and Sharpedo.

>>27825615
>>27825610
At least these folks had worthwhile contentions.

>>27825648
It's possible that it has nods towards being a sub, but nothing in its design, backstory, evolutionary chain, abilities, etc. suggests it so far. And the best possibly argument people can provide is "it has a big fin on the top that looks like part of a sub." That's as convincing as it gets, and that's not saying much.

>"Sharpedo can swim at speeds of up to 75 mph by jetting seawater out of its backside. This Pokémon's drawback is its inability to swim long distances."
>"It can swim at speeds of 75 mph by jetting seawater through its body. It is the bandit of the sea."
>ShaRPEDO.

Sure, Sharpedo is based off of a torpedo. But I don't see how you could possibly relate Wishiwashi to a submarine YET. Not that it really matters this much, but I'm just saying.

>Sharpedo is mostly a torpedo.
>Comfey is obviously a lei.
>Morelull is probably nearly entirely based on a morel mushroom.
>Klefki is obviously a keychain.
Wishiwashi is, well, only a school of fish thus far. Maybe some dex entries/moves will change my perspective. Like if it got Lock-On or something, y'know?
>>
>>27825826
It makes as much sense as Wishiwashi using its School form in the middle of the jungle or Magnemite existing 3000 years ago
GF stopped caring about world-building and coherence long ago
>>
>>27825738
Okay that's the only thing anybody's said thus far that has convinced me otherwise. Comparatively, it's way stubbier on Wishiwashi.

>>27825825
Compelling.
>>
File: GenerationSevenPoke.png (822KB, 827x1542px) Image search: [Google]
GenerationSevenPoke.png
822KB, 827x1542px
It's a strong generation.
>>
>>27825899
Sorry the entire world doesn't need to cater to your learning disability
>>
>>27825867
Correction: GF never cared about world-building and coherence, and that's becoming more apparent now that they're trying their hand at it.
>>
>>27825913
I don't think you should count oricorio styles as separate mons

but whatever
>>
File: 1439689653897.png (456KB, 804x876px) Image search: [Google]
1439689653897.png
456KB, 804x876px
>>27825244
>moving the goal posts: the post
>>
>>27825867
>>27825924
Good, the more GF stops giving a fuck about logic in this series of magic and nonsense, the better
>>
>>27825826
If they're smart, they'll just have one fish in the center (the leader) change color.
>>
>>27826093
Would it really have been so bad to not have the magnet pokemon show up in a flashback to 3000 years ago?
>>
>>27826093
>a fantasy world can't stay coherent with itself

kys
>>
>>27825826
>Shiny School Form Wishiwashi
>One of its 'eyes' is a different color
>>
>>27824946
>open image
>hdd immediately starts making that strange sound when it's doing something
HELP
>>
>>27824209
It reminds me of the robotic shark submarine things from Spyro 2 and/or 3.
>>
>>27826216
That's too coherent for GF to do it
Remember when shiny Kangaskhan had a normal baby?
Neither do I
>>
>>27824946
wtf I opened this and my computer keeps going to black screen.
>>
>>27825553
literally everyone's reaction when corocoro leaked was that it was based on a submarine
>>
>>27825553
How can someone be this dense?
>>
I was honestly expecting it to look a lot lumpier... hard to read as a school of fish with how smooth it is.
>>
>>27824386
I didn't know I wanted this. But I do.
>>
HOLY SHIT THE GAME TAKES PLACE IN FANTASY HAWAII

YOU ARE LITERALLY ALWAYS NEAR THE SEA

SOME WISHIWASHI SEES YOUR FISH BLINKING AND CALLS MORE BUDDIES TO COME HELP BECAUSE YOU ARE LITERALLY ALWAYS BY THE OCEAN

God DAMN how is that a hard concept
>>
File: 1444095253057.gif (2MB, 185x200px) Image search: [Google]
1444095253057.gif
2MB, 185x200px
>Being mad that fish pokemon don't make sense on land

It takes a special kind of autism to STILL care about this shit
>>
>>27826701
>YOU ARE LITERALLY ALWAYS NEAR THE SEA

Get a load of this autist
Both the real Hawaii and the Alola map we've seen have places dozens of kms away from any sea
Care to explain how the buddies arrive to help when you use your Wishiwishi in a dense jungle or on the top of the big ass mountain?
They're fish, not seagulls
>>
File: 200_s.gif (18KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
18KB, 267x200px
>>27826736
See >>27825426
Fish pokemon being on land for the time of a battle is nowhere near as incoherent as dozens of Wishwishi appearing out of fucking nowhere when you use yours kms away from any sea
>>
someone post that 'you dense motherfucker' reaction image pls
>>
>>27826750

ants form into rafts to survive floods
why can't wishiwashi form into treads to survive ground
>>
File: 3mLydMU.png (70KB, 243x200px) Image search: [Google]
3mLydMU.png
70KB, 243x200px
>>27826701
Hawaiian islands arent that tiny
>>
>>27824209
I didn't notice it's a fucking submarine. This shit is more awesome than I imagined. Too bad it's not an evolution.
>>
>>27824382
Looks like both
>>
File: 1462927937113.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1462927937113.png
39KB, 321x322px
Anybody else think this thing will get Attack/Defend/Heal order for moves?
>>
>>27824439
God, why are people on this board this fucking autistic and overthink every single thing
>>
>>27824209
shit this nigga just replaced Wimpod on my team
>>
>>27824565
On a real situation none of these Pokémon exist
>>
>>27826989
Is this a real quote? I haven't watched the original, English version so enlighten me.
>>
File: 1470543238852.jpg (20KB, 249x249px)
1470543238852.jpg
20KB, 249x249px
Look inside its mouth !!

it was many tiny eyes shining through.

This Pokemon is so fucking awesome !!
>>
>>27825244
What kind of goal post moving
>>
>>27824913
>>27824926
WTF
>>
>>27825899
But why would you need to be convinced. At the end of the day it is based on submarines wether you want to acknowledge it or not
>>
File: gardevoir.jpg (37KB, 640x640px)
gardevoir.jpg
37KB, 640x640px
I wonder.
if Gard traces this ability, will it call fishes and get this exact form??
>>
>>27827493
It will call a lot more Gardevoirs and they'll form a giant mega Gardevoir
>>
>>27825281
Does that imply that it gets the school form at a certain level, and then at a later level it becomes permanent/takes on an even crazier form?
>>
File: 1468860214516.jpg (25KB, 400x386px)
1468860214516.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>27827588

LOL
>>
>>27827598

it's an ability.
it has it from level one.
I do not think this fish will evolve.
>>
>>27824956
>>27824980
>>27824935
>>27824854
>>27824780
>>27825059
>>27825244
absolute fucking idiot why do you even reply to this guy
>>
>>27825313
They should have been psychic type. But honestly, it's no different than a diglett evolving at sea or on the second story of a building. In fact, wishiwashi makes no less sense than diglett does in any scenario. Diglett only has the advantage of nostalgia goggles
>>
>>27827633
I think from level one it actuvates when health gets low, but then at a certain level it activates automatically when entering battle
>>
if trips eating my own pokemon games in stream
>>
>>27827133
Yeah, obviously they would swear in a kids movie.
>>
File: 1470215226101.jpg (1022KB, 927x1200px)
1470215226101.jpg
1022KB, 927x1200px
Does its stats or HP go up in its school form ??
if it does not I will be very upset.
>>
>>27827588
Form feet and legs!
>>
>>27825265
Idk either, I like him because he's silly looking.
>>
>>27826241
>regular Kanghaskhan with a shiny baby
Fuck, stop dropping the ball GameFreak.
>>
>>27824209

>>27824209
Have you guys seen hydro pump? It actually looks menacing compared to that stupid splash gun from X and Y

If you havent noticed already, Gen 7's new pokemon are focusing to actually look good and take advantage of 3D

That's why the artwork has been underwhelming
>>
>>27827691
>>27827598
>>27827633
It doesnt evolve, but its specifically stated, once it reaches a certain level its ability transforms it into the School Form.
As for why its not a traditional ability, there's a couple of possibilities;

>Insane BST like 560+, but dedicates an ability to this thus giving it no actual ability.
>Does not transform until the turn begins, so if you switch it in, the enemy attack will trigger on the Solo form.
>Even if it transforms immediately, if school form's HP bar is increased like Zygarde's, then SR and spikes will damage it based on the Solo's smaller HP bar, effectively giving it hazard resistance
>>
>>27826597
He dived really deep.
>>
>>27824439
I think it is basically just an evolution. I think I saw somewhere it gets the ability at level 50, then it just activates at the start of every battle. So pokemon with no ability + makes you watch an animation before fights.
>>
>>27827845
Stats yes, HP no.
>>
>>27824439

Anon people shitposted Klink, Vanilux, and duoblade to all hell

Gamefreak doesnt want that shit again
>>
>>27824439

Your over thinking it

You might as well ask the same question of Vespiquen getting all it's servants

There's nothing complicated about it

They wanted to build a pokemon based on a school, but they want it to actually matter because again, this is the same pokemon calling more of the same pokemon, it's not an entire being

The form itself is OP but at the cost of only being an ability form and being able to revert back
>>
>>27824811

>people STILL hating con Garbodor

When will this meme end
>>
>>27828883
Better make it even more incoherent then

>le 50 fish appearin out of nowhere
>>
>>27825591
Me too xDD
Hipstermind lmao :D
>>
>>27828913
>You might as well ask the same question of Vespiquen getting all it's servants

They're bees though
They fly and shit
50 fish appearing when away from the sea is weirder
>>
>>27829006

How does it feel being so pathetic and insecure that you literally can't fathom people's opinions sincerely differing from yours
>>
>>27824926
>>27824913
source? I call bullshit
>>
>>27829068
Assuming the Magnezone it fought has max IVs, no EVs. Its SpA is something like 150-160 . It's actually crazy.
>>
>>27824875
This desu
>>
>>27829117
And surviving that Magnezone's attack puts it at > 120 base SpD too
>>
>>27824209
>best animations
>3ds

hahahahaha
>>
MFW you cant transfer alola mons to any future game
>>
>>27825703
Here, this picture makes as much sense as your argument.
>>
>>27826171
Not if never was, yeah.
>>
>>27824727
>>27824774
>>27824801
>>27825426
>>27827129
I mean like in something like ashmine or the manga, not the real fucking world
no one would bring wishiwashi to a competition even if it has a water arena, no place for the wild ones to come from, so you're stuck with the first form
>>
>>27828981
Not as strange as the sun shining and burning inside a small house or digging/flying inside a moving train.
>>
>>27824209
Too bad it'll be garbage just like Archeops.
>>
>>27824280
>>27824286
Hiveblind
>>
>>27824895
I think he's cute, I love inanimate object pokemon. This is fun.
>>
I kinda wish the body had more lines on it signifying the outlines between the various wishiwashi.

It looks too "solid" you know?
>>
>>27824386
It's going to be pink.
>>
>>27825553
I'm noticing it now too, but it's not as completely conspicuous as /vp/ is insisting.
>>
It is accurate to asume that Wishiwashi stay close to one another, so that even if you see one there will be 100 very close by.

if a pokeball can hold a pokemon the size of a bus it is not unreasonable for that same pokeball to hold 100 Wishiwashi.

even if you threw the ball at a single Wishiwashi his friends quickly jumped in as stowaway in the pokeball.

So don't freak out when the one you caught uses its schooling ability in the middle of the of nowhere, all those extra pokemon came from the same pokeball as the first Wishiwashi.
>>
>>27825938
I think it's just showing off the different designs rather than individual Pokemon, especially since both of Wishiwashi's forms are present.
>>
>>27824582
>I choose to believe that they literally change shape/form
Then you are retarded and in denial because the official site literally says a school of Wishiwashi join together to make the bigger one.
>>
>>27830716
>if a pokeball can hold a pokemon the size of a bus it is not unreasonable for that same pokeball to hold 100 Wishiwashi.

Yes it is
A pokeball can hold only one pokemon
>>
I hope that shiny small Wishiwashi is bright yellow or something, and the transformed version is normal colors except for having one visibly yellow fish mixed in.
>>
>>27830905

Pokeballs can hold whatever Game Freak says they can hold. They can apparently hold objects as well as Pokemon.
>>
>ITT: buzzwords that begin with the letter "L"
>>
>>27826796
They teleport there.

They're Pokemon, you fucking idiot.
>>
>Wishiwashi will never be a quadruped
Pokemon is ruined
>>
>>27825827
Only the partner Digimon revert the rest don't
>>
>>27831029
>any pokemon can teleport anywhere

Why do in-game areas to find a specific pokemon even exist then?
Just randomize every grass spot with all existing pokemon
>>
>>27825553
>Can somebody explain to me why this is so apparent to some of you?

>general shape
>Square-ish top fin
>covered in "safety lights" (eyes)
>back fish spin like a propeller
>straight up fires fish "torpedoes" >>27824209

Personally speaking, I also see a bit of orca in it, from the body shape and the fact that it has white spots behind its main eyes
>>
>>27830716

Yeah, this. The Pokeball holds all the Wishiwashi. They simply retreat into the ball when threatened.
>>
>>27831083
Try telling that to my Apollomon.

I miss my tiny Coronamon friend.
>>
>>27831439
You're just trying too hard to justify GF's incoherence
Pokeballs hold one pokemon and having more than 6 pokemon in your team is forbidden
>>
>>27831074
Fucking furfags.
>>
>>27831480

Explain Dugtrio then, faggot.
>>
>>27831516
Dugtrio is one pokemon, retarded faggot
>>
>>27831480
>Exeggcute
>>
>>27826796
How does diglett evolve on a water route? How does diglett evolve on the third floor of a building? How does shiny magnetite evolve into shiny magneton? How does shiny diglett evolve into shiny dugtrio? How does slowpoke evolve indoors or in areas without shellder?
>>
>>27831516
>>27831533
Retards
>>
>>27830905
exeggcute
>>
>>27831609

Dugtrio is wrong because the dex says it has one body, but you can't explain around Exeggcute. Check and mate motherfucker.
>>
>>27831533
>>27831627
Exeggcute is one pokemon formed of several eggs things, retard
>>
>>27831656

The eggs are individual creatures you stupid fuck, just like Wishiwashi.
>>
>>27831609
>>27830905
>>27831480

when all those Wishiwashi are together they all count as one pokemon.

like Doublade, Exeggcute, Dugtrio.
>>
>>27824946
Oh hey it's that donut image, and not the good and harmless kind with Scolipede.
>>
>>27830611
or purple
>>
>>27831346
Because they have no need to teleport to those random spots. They only teleport to back up the original Wishiwashi. Nor can they teleport, as they can only teleport there when the original Wishiwashi's eyes glow.
>>
File: 1451371125296.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451371125296.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
I'm not surprised that you autism-riddled spergs would question fucking Pokemon of all things on its logic. It doesn't fucking matter considering half the bullshit that goes.

>b-but it's inconsistent!
No one cares, just enjoy the fucking games.
>>
>>27831676
>what is symbiosis?
also
>are cells in a tissue creatures?

Dude, do you even biology?
>>
>>27831025
>I have no idea what a buzzword is : the post
>>
File: 1471230466991.png (75KB, 300x240px)
1471230466991.png
75KB, 300x240px
>>27825301
>>
>>27827493
What happens when Gardevoir traces Stance Change?
>>
>>27825608
>The concept of mega evolve a pokemon is so much similar to the digimon concept, much more than DBZ or anything
No, Mega evolutions are pretty much super saiyan, even right down to the ridiculous fucking hair in some cases.
>>
>>27827492
I don't need to be convinced, in fact I didn't expect so many people to give a shit.

But I was asking because I was curious why so many people insisted on it being submarine-themed and I got my answers. Now I see it too... Sort of.
>>
>>27824879
This is the biggest loser shit i've ever seen i have more to do then tell you why but hopefully you'll someday know how retarded that comment is and KILL YOURSELF IN A FIRE
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.