[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUAL TYPE GYMS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 26

File: 1395369766086.jpg (50KB, 600x832px) Image search: [Google]
1395369766086.jpg
50KB, 600x832px
Imagine you are the leader of a dual-type gym. What is:
>your type combination
>your team (2-5 pokémon)
>your theme/badge

RULES for the team:
If you choose ice/water for example:
>ice/water pokémon are allowed
>water/ice pokémon are allowed
>pure ice types are allowed
>pure water types are allowed
>other typings are not allowed

Might be helpful:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_type_combinations_by_abundance
>>
My dick hurts
>>
>>27823918
first, distracting image.

Seconf, I would like to have a gym for my favourite types, but dark and flying don't exactly mesh well together, so instead, dark/fighting would be better.

The theme would be balance. Balance between morality and doing what it takes to win. Fighting types being the "Just" type and dark types being the "evil" types would balance this. It would let the trainers know how you must learn how to use all kinds of techniques to win, while not becoming distantiated from the fact fairness is always important. I don't know, something like that.

The badge would obviously be the "balance badge", a heart with half orange, half brown design, that simple.

I'd prefer to be along the middle of the game, 5th or 6th gym. I'd have a scrafty, pangoro, Zoroark and Mienshao. I feel those 4 represent the theme of the gym pretty well both in their design, and the playstyle. It'd be around level 30, no items and mediocre movepools, the dark types would have some annoying moves like sand attack or double team and knock off.

TL;DR: Fighting/Dark type gym

Is this good?
>>
Never post an image more interesting than your thread, son.
>>
>>27824086
>mediocre movepools
mediocre sets*
sorry
>>
>FunnyMama watermark
Please set yourself on fire.
>>
>>27824086
>balance badge
Norman already beat you to it
>>
No.
>>
>>27823918
Type combination: Bug and Grass
Theme: Maze-like garden; berry trees, toadstools and flower bushes everywhere; various bug Pokemon living amongst the garden, pollinating and otherwise coexisting with the plants. Trainers are scattered throughout - most of them are just part-time trainers who are mostly there as garden caretakers or hobbyists. As leader, I'd probably deliver a short pre-battle speech about the interconnectedness of nature, circle of life and all that jazz. How the bugs pollinate the plants and protect them from other bugs, while the plants provide food, shelter and even clothing in Sewaddle's case - and that we too depend on the bounty of the plants and their coexistence with the bugs to survive.
Badge: Pollen Badge - a circular, golden badge with many spikes, resembling a basic impression of a pollen grain.
Team: Pinsir, Parasect, Leavanny, Bellossom
>>
>>27824124
Fuck.

um... Just badge?
>>
>>27824086
I like it, though I'd personally take it the other way and have an over-the-top wrestling gym (Face vs. Heel)

My gym would be Ghost/Grass and the theme would be "haunted woods". Camera tricks and a shifting "hedge" maze made out of trees designed to tire your Pokemon out.
Have fun trying to leave without beating the leader.

Trevenant is the obvious ace.
Banette (Mega for the lategame)
Misdreavus
Serperior (not spooky but snakes are huge threat in a forest)
Lurantis (it's in the name)

Gym trainers are set around setting the player up with status ailments, taking advantage of how hard it is to leave and keep the pressure, mechanically, to fit the atmosphere.

Badge is two trees with a glaring eye between them, trees are "bent" as if seen through fish eye lens.

There's a stark lack of pure-grass types in general, specially ones that lend themselves to the theme.
>>
>>27823918
>type combo
normal/fairy
>team:
Jigglypuff, Audino, Sylveon
>theme/badge
not to be underestimated, the pastel badge
>>
I'd say my type combination would be Ghost/Dark. The theme would be a mysterious void of confusing tricks and traps.

Gengar
Sableye
Dusclops
Absol
Mismagius

Ethereal Badge
>>
>>27824329
>Tricks and traps
>no weavile
Shamefull
>>
>>27824337
Weavile is Dark/Ice. Can't be allowed.
>>
>>27824362
>didn't understand the OP
Now I feel retarded
>>
>>27824105
What "interesting"? It would be if she had breasts, there's nothing to show. All i see in the OP is a surfboard or a boy.
>>
>>27824329
No Gengar ! It's ghost/poison so it doesn't fit te rules...
>>
Fire/Electric Gym with
Growlithe, Ponyta, Rapidash and Arcanine
Badge would be the thunder badge or something
>>
>>27824405
Check your eyes m80, or at least open OP's image instead of looking at the thumbnail.
>>
>>27824405
you're pretty stupid anon
>>
I love this, OP.

>Dark/Ice
Absol
Glaceon
Liepard
Glalie
Weavile
>Theme
Three ice puzzles with fog in effect. The player has the option of clearing the fog by defeating all the trainers in a room, or attempting the puzzles with reduced visibility.
>Badge
Rime Badge

Alternatively:

>Poison/Water
Skrelp
Seadra
Octillery
Tentacruel
>Theme
I like the idea of a gym that uses dive puzzles, but I hate the idea of forcing HM use in a gym - so probably some kind of compromise between those two things.
>Badge
Trench Badge
>>
>>27824655
something's... missing
>>
File: Elegant.png (354KB, 1132x554px) Image search: [Google]
Elegant.png
354KB, 1132x554px
Ice/Fairy
>Elegant Badge
>Theme is a Fashion Contest
>>
Fairy / Flying

Togekiss (strongest)
Slurpuff
Swablu
Florges (white)

Valentines day / Cupid theme!
The gym takes place half outside, half inside. The first section is a flower garden with trainers that use flabebe/floettes and swablus. The inside is a Willy Wonka style silly candy factory where my trainers use Swirlix or Spritzee and Togetic.

"Cherub badge"
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>27824655
iKekd
>>
BUG/WATER

Gerridae badge (looks like a rowboat)

1) Krabby
2) Wympod
3) Pinsir (ace)

Bug catcher trainers with surskits and other wimpy Mons in a marsh-broadwalk like setting. Some kind of water skimming gimmic
>>
>>27824329

Gengar would not be allowed in Ur gym
>>
Probably psychic/poison. My gym would be a misty garden labyrinth where the walls keep shifting around on you and a dense haze wafts throughout, distorting your vision. Fuck that pure types only rule. Way too limiting.

Haunter, Duosion, Claydol, Vileplume, Starmie, Venomoth. Maybe Forretress to throw a wildcard in there.
>>
Ghost/Ice

>Theme
The peril of high montain where death is always near. The gym would be the ascencion of a snowy cliff and (multiple times ?) after defeating the trainers you ring a bell causing an echo and an avalanche that send you to the entry but grant you acces to the top where the gym leader is.

>team
Glaceon
Mismagius
Beartic (when rematch)
Cofagrigus (when rematch)
Glalie (Mega when rematch post game)
Froslass as ace
>>
File: DualTypeGym_template.png (22KB, 761x468px) Image search: [Google]
DualTypeGym_template.png
22KB, 761x468px
>>
>>27825220
>>27825327

I'd do this if I wasn't a phone poster..
>>
>>27825372
(u-turn)
>>
File: Elegant.png (100KB, 761x468px) Image search: [Google]
Elegant.png
100KB, 761x468px
>>27824992
>Fashion Contest
>>
Bug/Poison
Pest Badge
M-Beedrill
Scolipede
Accelgor
Seviper
Arbok

Everything knows Infestation, and that's the TM distributed as well.
>>
Ice/fighting
Team would be :
-machoke
-cryogonal
-sawk
-cubchoo
The gym would be inside a hollowed out glacier. To get to me , you have to fight 3 black belts who will break down a giant wall of ice revealing the second room after you defeat them all. They will use Throh,machop, and each one will have a different hitmon-. In the second room is a giant ice wall in the center,where I'll be on top having a snow ball fight with my cubchoo. To make it able to climb the ice wall, you have to defeat 3 cool trainers. They would have cubchoo, glalie, and Throh. This would reveal a climbing wall on the front of the giant wall.
My badge would be called the frosty badge. It'd be in the shape of a fist with icicles hanging off it. For a TM I'd give dizzy punch.
>>
File: dual-gym 1.png (99KB, 761x480px) Image search: [Google]
dual-gym 1.png
99KB, 761x480px
>>27825327
>>
File: Ghost - Ice Gym.png (113KB, 761x468px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost - Ice Gym.png
113KB, 761x468px
>>27825286
> Deadly Mountain
>>
File: Ruin_Maniac.png (2KB, 64x64px) Image search: [Google]
Ruin_Maniac.png
2KB, 64x64px
>Type
Rock/Water

>Theme and Badge
Archaeologist theme, you would be running around the gym solving riddles ala Cinnabar Gym but related with fossil pokemon or reading directions on tablets. Badge with a shape of a magnifying glass, called "Curiosity Badge"

>Team
Relicanth
Cranidos
Omastar
Kabutos
Carracosta
>>
File: dual-gym 2.png (107KB, 761x468px) Image search: [Google]
dual-gym 2.png
107KB, 761x468px
>>27825327
>>27826011
>>
>>27823918
Fighting/Dark
I'd be like a mid/early leader since I don't want a full team given my choices.

Umbreon
Hitmonlee
Primeape
Pangoro - My signature last pokemon. Perhaps I'd have to toss in a Pancham too then.
>>
Water/Psychic

Politoad
Starmie
Duosion (Reunicleus when rematch)
Espeon (rematch)
Milotic
Slowbro(Mega when rematch)

Maybe I will replace one of them if Bruxish is good.

TM is Psychock and badge is Mind badge or something.

>>27825327
Save it for the future. Thanks anon
>>
>>27826184
And gym is an ocean museum with warp tiles.

>>27826020
I like the idea of a fossil gym.
>>
>>27826020
Also, Cranidos would be the companion pokemon and Carracosta the signature one
>>
>>27826020
Kabutops*
>>
>Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, Typhlosion, Machamp, or their unevolved versions
>gym is a fire station
>trainers are firefighters
>>
File: gym.png (127KB, 797x494px) Image search: [Google]
gym.png
127KB, 797x494px
10 years in paint
>>
>>27826644
I don't think you've really understood the rules in the corner...
>>
>>27826688
Shit.
Replace Exeggutor with Haxorus, and Scolipede & Gengar with Muk and Serviper
>>
>>27823918
>dragon/fairy
>mythical badge

>Granbull
>Florges
>Druggidon
>Dragonair
>Mega Altaira

It would be like a 6th gym or something
>>
>>27823918
Type:Ghost/Fairy
Mimikyu is a thing so I guess it's fine even if you can't get a pokemon with this typing right now

Theme: A haunted manor. It would look like one of those fairytale castles but all rotting and decayed, there are multiple floors and the leader battle is on a balcony on the top floor.
The gym is full of hidden pitfall traps that make you fall to the bottom floor and the only way to proceed is finding a secret passage that leads you to the upper floor. The trainers in the gym will tell you how to avoid the traps and find the passage in the form of riddles.

Gym leader's team: Mimikyu, Mismagius (highest level), Granbull, Clefable and Banette.

Badge: Haunt Badge, it would look like the front view of a crumbling castle.
>>
>>27823918

Does it count as different pokemon if they are from the same evolution line?
>>
>>27827974
I guess
you mean like putting a squirtle AND a wartortle in a team?
>>
>>27827974
Theres nothing in the rules saying you can't run a team of 5 ludicolos. having multiple different type's in the line like gardevior and gallade seem to be forbidden
>>
File: 29e.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
29e.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>>27824161
>Just badge
>>
File: 1446394892475.gif (2MB, 290x260px) Image search: [Google]
1446394892475.gif
2MB, 290x260px
>>27828262
>>
>>27828013
Yes

>>27828051
Alright then.
>>
File: thumbnail_33031.jpg (58KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_33031.jpg
58KB, 400x300px
Fire and ice now say it with me, fire and ice.
>>
File: Dual_type_gym.png (151KB, 815x464px) Image search: [Google]
Dual_type_gym.png
151KB, 815x464px
>>27827517
Made the thing
>>
File: bug-water gym.png (38KB, 761x468px) Image search: [Google]
bug-water gym.png
38KB, 761x468px
>>
>>27829316
>actual marsh badge
>>
>>27828590
FINALLY
WHAT I NEVER THOUGHT COULD BE
FIRE AND ICE COULD ACT AS ONE
>>
>Type
Normal/Ghost

>Theme
Library or writer's study theme, cluttered with books and papers on obscure topics, navigate a maze of book cases in a dimly lit enviroment with constantly moving gym trainers. Probably would be the 3rd gym. The Quill Badge and a TM containing Sketch are the rewards, sortof gimmicky but its fun

>Team
Hoothoot
Shuppet
Haunter
Smeargle
Smeargle's moveset changes to counter your starter and always has Sketch to copy a move mid battle
>>
>>27826027
>ink theme

>sludge wave
>not octzaooka

you had one job
>>
>>27829774
read the rules again
>>
>>27829792
It basically came down to either sticking to the theme perfectly but ruining Octillery's signature move, or choosing a different move that was a solid representation of the two types in question. Believe me when I say it was a hard choice to make.
>>
File: 417318.jpg (14KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
417318.jpg
14KB, 256x192px
>>27829864
ok then, I believe you
octazooka is actually my favorite move
>>
>>27829774
{EDIT}
sorry ive been up for 36 hours
>Type
Normal/Ghost

>Theme
Library or writer's study theme, cluttered with books and papers on obscure topics, navigate a maze of book cases in a dimly lit enviroment with constantly moving gym trainers. Probably would be the 3rd gym. The Quill Badge and a TM containing Sketch are the rewards, sortof gimmicky but its fun

>Team
Raticate
Shuppet
Misdreavus
Smeargle
Smeargle's moveset changes to counter your starter and always has Sketch to copy a move mid battle
>>
File: Asdcfas.png (73KB, 641x316px) Image search: [Google]
Asdcfas.png
73KB, 641x316px
>>27828645
First thing that came to my mind.
>>
File: GreenhouseGym.jpg (126KB, 761x461px) Image search: [Google]
GreenhouseGym.jpg
126KB, 761x461px
>>27824248
beat me to the idea :(
For this one, the Gym leader is a super Gung-ho conservationist who is also a seasoned capoeira fighter. The Gym trainers will ask you about your carbon footprint, if you have an unsatisfactory result, vines from around the greenhouse close you into a boxing ring and the battle begins.
>>
>>27830143
awesome concept
>>
>>27829908
Right? It's so great - I'm actually a little miffed that Sableye got access to it before Tentacool, but I appreciate that it lets it stay exclusive

>>27829924
Gimmicks aside, I actually really like the idea of Smeargle filling that role. Swap Raticate for Ratata and I could see this being a great early-game gym.
>>
Fire/Fighting

Infernape, Emboar, Blaziken, Machamp, Magmortar

Treadmill maze that leads to a barbell that you have to use strength on that you push onto a platform to open my room. Winner receives the Gains badge, 3 proteins, 1 moomoo milk and a Bulk Up TM
>>
File: gym.png (110KB, 758x465px) Image search: [Google]
gym.png
110KB, 758x465px
>>
File: Mega Sceptile.jpg (133KB, 1095x730px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Sceptile.jpg
133KB, 1095x730px
Grass Dragon

Serperior (Contrary Leaf Storm Set)
Haxorous (Dragon Dance)
Goodra (Calm Nature with Assault Vest and Gooey as ability - Near Broken Special Tank)
Leafeon (Swords Dance Set)
Dragonair (Eviolite Set)
Sceptile (Mega Stone)

Gym Design: Forest with old stone towers
Badge: Natural Taming Bage
>>
>>27831344
Whoops, my bad, I forgot to take out Leafeon.
>>
>>27831344
>Grass/Dragon
>not Sap Sipper Goodra
are you even trying?
>>
>>27831344
>no exeggutor
>>
>>27824655
I think OP needs to add a new rule.
>>
File: image.gif (991KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
991KB, 500x281px
Grass / Water Gym

The Moss Badge. Or maybe the Mossy Badge.

The gym would be pretty much a swamp. Not unlike Marlon's gym, but a little more plant-y, and less watery.

Ludicolo, the ace and partner Pokemon of the gym leader.
Politoed, Carnivine, Tangrowth, and Wishiwashi are also featured Pokemon.

The TM given out at this gym has the move Energy Ball.
>>
Mid-game Dragon/Steel gym

Valor badge

Inside the gym is a fabricated castle which the player has to infiltrate. You scale the walls and wander around the castle inside, avoiding guards (obviously trainers) to make it to the main countyard, where the gym leader is waiting.

Druddgion
Vibrava
Larion (post-game mega)
Doublade
Noivern
Escavalior (ace)
>>
>>27832301
read the rules again
>>
>>27828262
kek'd
>>
Dark/fire gym, 6th or 7th gym encountered in the region. It's based entirely on hell.

Inferno Badge.

The trainer would progress through the circles of hell, with gym trainers' pokemon based on each deadly sin—they wouldn't match the typing of the gym, only the Leader would.

The Leader's pokemon:
Houndoom
Arcanine
Mightyena

Three dogs for cerberus.

In postgame, the Leader would use the three dogs above, as well as Hydreigon (fuck the rules for postgame, he's too thematically appropriate) and two other pokemon I've not decided on yet.
>>
>>27823918
>Poison/Water Environmentalist

>Blue / Purple / Black color scheme
>Muk, Nidoqueen, Tentacruel, Vaporeon
>>
>>27823918
>Ghost + Psychic
>Musharna, Mismagius, Hypno, Dusknoir, M-Alakazam (ace)
>themes of the gym are dreams, hallucinations, acid trips, astral traveling
Whole gym is twisted, distorted and feels surreal, see Dali paintings for inspiration.
Badge is Astral Badge.
>>
File: wisp.png (368KB, 1218x749px) Image search: [Google]
wisp.png
368KB, 1218x749px
Ghost/Fire

Theme is spooky mansion in spooky forest, follow a wisp around and solve puzzles while spooky shit happens.
>>
File: wisp badge.png (7KB, 438x400px) Image search: [Google]
wisp badge.png
7KB, 438x400px
>>27834582
Badge
>>
>>27834582
>spooky mansion in spooky forest, follow a wisp around and solve puzzles while spooky shit happens

that's sounds cool
>>
File: Mine.png (102KB, 758x465px) Image search: [Google]
Mine.png
102KB, 758x465px
I want a normal ghost. I think the flavor could be cool.
>>
>>27829498
Litwick and froslass! Threw some ghost in there cause imma ghost ur ass!
>>
>>27834582
How about in a burnt spooky mansion to signify the part fire type?
>>
>>27836473
Even better, just make sure it's spooky!
Thread posts: 93
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.