[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we fix archeops /vp/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: archeops_by_cherubimonx-d3cxi8n.png (253KB, 533x634px) Image search: [Google]
archeops_by_cherubimonx-d3cxi8n.png
253KB, 533x634px
Paste: We previously "fixed" delcatty, virizion, seviper, cacturne, zangoose, luxray, vespiqueen, audino, samurott, banette, carnivine, lapras, flareon and rampardos

If you're interested, here's a list of all pokemon previously discussed, and their improvements as suggested by anons in previous threads: http://pastebin.com/RzwLAG7Q

How would you improve the Early birb?
>>
>>27823680
two words my friend.
gale wings
>>
>>27823680
can't fix what ain't broken, famalam.
>>
Archeops doesn't need to be fixed? Doesn't it have high BST?
>>
>>27823695
>140 attack
>Actually using brave bird
>no drops
Anon, are you absolutely insane?

>>27823705
Anything in RU and below has room for improvement.
>>
>>27823710
>are you absolutely insane?

yes. really though, anything from defeatist would be an improvement.

also if gems come back flying gem would be cash
>>
>>27823680
Early Bird
>>
Rock head HA would make it a better M-Aero - is that too much?
>>
>>27823708
Defeatist makes it a lot worse, making its amazing 140 Base attack a menial 45 Base at best when in effect (its apparently like this when factoring in many effects)

>>27823724
>Rock head brave bird
>rock head head smash
>140 Attack
> 110 speed
It wouldn't be broken, but it sure as fuck would be much better than mega aerodactyl
>>
File: 1471308279063.gif (1MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1471308279063.gif
1MB, 320x213px
>>27823737
>>27823710
Hold on, it actually can't learn Brave bird.
>>
>>27823749
Shit, you're right.

It could do good things with an Acrobatics set if it got Unburden as HA then? and then that stops it hitting too hard as well.
>>
Technician maybe?

I know Technichian boosts moves that have under like 90 base power. Add a flying gem onto Acrobatics and that's fucking insane because you're getting Technichian Boost, Flying Gem Boost, No Item (Flying gem uses it), and a STAB boost
>>
>>27823796
60 base power
>>
>>27823796
Its less than 60 actually.

But that sounds like a one turn thing honestly, you litterally get a 160-170 BP flying move + flying gem damage one turn, and now you are item-less and with a 110 BP move.
>>
Give it fucking Reckless
Make it into a beast.
>>
reading the pastebin

>Flareon:
>-Introduce a Conflagrate ability, an -ate ability for fire types

at least call it burninate
>>
>>27823868
It was the name suggested, I guess I can add several names to it if you want me to.
>>
Give defeatist a gradual drop off, only hitting half power when it's at 1% HP.
>>
>>27823680
just give it some irrelevant ability, early bird is good for this because it is an early bird.
>>
new ability

some more coverage moves on the special side so it can be a better mixed attacker

fix the proportions on the model so it doesn't look like a fat retard
>>
>>27823680
I actually get a lot of mileage out of Archeops even as it is.

Obviously removing/tweaking Defeatist is the simplest option, but honestly if that were to take place if would be outclassing every other fossil so hard it would be absurd. Making Defeatist kick in at 1/3, or what >>27824044
suggests.
>>
if its going to be a defeatist it needs to be the carry it was designed to be in the first place. instead of removing defeatist, its only real defining characteristic, buff up its attacking stats to a monstrous level that would require some resources of the opponent to take out if it has 140 now 165 wouldnt be to much a stretch
>>
>>27823680
Just replace Defeatist
>>
>>27823680
Give it a hug, take off defaitist and give it a cool hat like one with joyful color or something like this
>>
>>27823898
Please don't. Conflagrate is infinitely better. <3
>>
>>27826058
I'm not removing it, just adding both. the name doesn't matter that much anyways.
>>
It learns Switcheroo and HA is Klutz.

Give it a nasty item that it won't use like Toxic Orb or Lagging Tail, or even Choice Specs and throw it on one of your opponent's walls.
>>
give defeatist a unique animation of it getting tired and becoming grounded

if you gonna give it a dumb gimmick then go all out instead of half assing it
>>
>>27823680
Double its attack.
>>
>>27823680

Give it Early Bird as a HA.
>>
>>27823680
Why don't we just cut it's current HP in half and give it big pecks or something?
>>
>>27823680
Give it Early Bird for the pun.
>>
>>27823680

These threads actually make me physically ill. How does a Pokemon board know so little about its own game?
>>
>>27823680
Give it a HA that immediately removes its Flying-type if its HP goes below 50%, can be reversed if it recovers enough HP but does not override Roost. Name it something cool because I'm bad with names.
>>
>>27828328
What do you mean? please elaborate
>>
>>27828328
what did she mean by this
>>
>>27828333
Clipped Wings
>>
>>27828333
depression
>>
>>27828657
You shouldwork at Gamefreaks
>>
>>27828817
But why do that when I can lurk /vp/ instead?
>>
>>27828657
There it is, then. It still caters to the Pokémon's trait of not being great at flying but doesn't render it completely useless.
>>
>>27823680
The boner for turning Luxray Dark continues to be one of the most retarded things about /vp/.

The name Luxray is essentially light-light. You would be better off dual typing it as Electric/Fairy than shoehorning on some Dark because it happens to have dark colors.
>>
>>27828328
>>27828482
1 of 2 things:

A: the idea of fixing this pokemon makes them physically ill. They probably think it doesn't need to be fixed, to which I say I know that, the point of the thread is improvement, not to bash on the pokemon for being "bad" when most of the ones "fixed have been decent pokemon.

or
B: The suggestions make them physically ill, something stupid given how most of these make sense, and while some seem broken most are failry balanced.

So overall that anon is just sperging for no reason
>>
>>27823680
Defeatist activates when Archeops reaches 1/4 Health instead of 1/2, and it only lowers Attack and Speed by 1 stage instead of cutting it in half.
>>
>>27823680
Give it rock head. Done.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.