[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you play Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 138
Thread images: 26

File: boy-or-girl1.png (38KB, 936x712px) Image search: [Google]
boy-or-girl1.png
38KB, 936x712px
I'm just gonna ask a few questions of your play style

>What gender do you play as?
Is this the same as your gender?
Is this consistent across games or do you mix it up as well?

>How did you name your trainer?
Did you use your own name or a nickname, or did you create an OC and pick a name you liked, or did you go with a canon name (ie Serena/Calem for X&Y) or something else completely different? Do you have the same name across your games or does it change?

>How do you pick which pokemon to raise?
Do you go in with a plan of what pokemon you want to use? Do you generally have a theme or template for your teams (ie Poison type team or classic Starter+Regional Bird+Pseudo+HM Pokemon+Others)? Do you use legendary pokemon?

>Misc play style questions?
Do you nickname your pokemon? How often do you replay/restart your games? Do you play with self imposed challenges (ie Nuzlocke)? How focused are you on competitive (Showdown/Battle Maison/VGC/Battle Spot/Other)?
>>
Female. Because it's the same as my gender and the girl characters always look cuter and better than the boys. I pick female in every game.
I just use a name that I like. I never use my own name since that's super boring and I change my name for every game.
In a completely new region I try to fill my team with only new pokemon since I want to test them out of course. My playthrough team normally consists of starter,regional bug,regional bird,pseudo and other "normal" pokemon. I do use legendary Pokemon but only to "test" them out. I box them later.
I give my pokemon fitting nicknames that I like. But only the pokemon I'll use very often like my starter. I rarely restart my games because I play until i'm completely finished and then I do stuff like shinyhunting or training. I've never played a Nuzlocke or anything before but I might try it out in the future. I'm also not very focused on competitive play because I mostly play the game for its story and because it's fun not because I want to win or anything.
>>
File: 220px-Platinum_Lucas.png (82KB, 220x440px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Platinum_Lucas.png
82KB, 220x440px
>>27823344
It depedns on the character's design. I don't have a solid preference and I don't proyect myself either, so I'll just go with whomever looks the best. Often times its the female, but there are rare occurences like gen 4 and the upcoming gen 7. Pic related is my favourite MC.

I try not to go the lame route by naming them the character's name, but I often lack the creativity to do so. If I do think about something, it generally has to do with other games and media.

First playthrough: only new pokemon, catch every single new pokemon I can, but I don't often go out of my way to catch new hidden pokes before finishing the game. This costed me one too many pseudos though, so I'll change that in S&M

Post game: catch my favourites and make several teams of them.

>Misc Playstyle questions?
I nickname all my pokemon, I rarely if ever restart my games, I play on set, and I honestly don't like nuzlockes.

I'm still trying to get into competitive but I really suck.
>>
>Always the girl

>Canon name

>First run i just use the first 6 pokemon without type overlap i come across and like
>>Must have water, fire, grass pokemon
>>Must catch a Ralts if available on the regional dex, this ignores previous rule.
>>Subsequent runs i plan the teams ahead and even trade/pokegen/sav/inject pokemon if they come mid-late game

>No nickname
>>I restart a couple of times right after the first run and don't get into post-game(if any) until i use all the pokemon from the gen i want to try or until i get bored of the region, whatever comes first
>>No nuzlockes nor competitive online
>>
>>27823344
Male, same gender, same in every game.
Name is my usual online handle anywhere I'm found.
I raise an all fire type team
I nickname my pokemon, and usually just do one playthrough to the end, then start playing comp.
>>
>>27823344
>>What gender do you play as?
The one with the design I like best. If I'm replaying, I'll pick the one I didn't choose the first time.
>>How did you name your trainer?
When playing as a boy I used to use my own name, but nowadays I just always use the canon names.
>>How do you pick which pokemon to raise?
Mostly I have some pokémon I really want to use, and base my team around it. I always use my starter and try not to use HM slaves but instead spread them over my team. I use legendaries that I don't consider too OP, and mostly use the box legendary to beat up the bad guy, and then box it.
>>Misc play style questions?
I never nickname my pokemon. I'm always playing emulated pokemon games on my phone, which I play through and then start a new one. Never done a Nuzlocke, and not very into competitive.
>>
>>27823344
>Is this the same as your gender?
Yes
>Is this consistent across games or do you mix it up as well?
I played as the opposite gender in HG because I didn't like Lyra and because of the part where Silver undresses the protagonist (at least that's what I had heard)
It's always my name, but in HG it was a male name that starts with the same letter as my name
You talking about the main game? I just raise the pokémon I like. It could be any pokémon, really.
>Do you go in with a plan of what pokemon you want to use?
If I liked some pokémon in particular beforehand (like when Hydreigon was revealed and I loved it and knew I had to train it), otherwise, I just use whatever pokémon I encounter that I like.
>Do you use legendary pokemon?
Only in the main game and friendly online battles
Yes but not always; never; no; I tried with the actual games but gave up because it's too much time-consuming, I also tried in Showdown but haven't played in a year maybe because I wasn't getting gud
>>
I always play as the girl in games where it's an option. I'm not a girl.

These days I call the trainer Ploffy, it's a nickname I was given a few years ago. I used to use the canon names.

I try to always use Pokemon I haven't used before. I also try to make sure I have no type double ups. A lot of the time I will only use Pokemon that debuted in the gen I'm playing the game of (remakes count as their original gen for this). I use legendaries sometimes.

I always nickname the Pokemon in my team. I don't restart often. I've never done a nuzlock or anything. I can't into competitive at all.
>>
>>27823344
I play as the male because we share genitals

I give the trainer my name. I used to come up with ones but it feels slightly cringy now.

I usually have some idea of what I'm going to use. I don't use legendaries during the story.

I try to nickname my Pokemon. I might restart a game if I'm bored, dunno how often that is. I have a competitive team, but I only use it against friends.
>>
Male, because it fits my nickname.
Also I'm obviously male and I feel unconfortable playing as a girl.
I always pick the same nickname. The story is:
I played this one MMO as a kid and I didn't know how to name my character, so I just punched the keyboard and went with what I "wrote". Then I proceeded to use that nickname all the time, and eventually I added some vowels so it sounded like an actual name.
The ones I like and can evolve.
Starter is a must. Often the generation bird and/or fossilmon. When I play the game for the first time (or the first time since a long time ago), I try to use the "special" (giveaway?) mon (Lucario in Kalos, Snorlax in Kanto, Zoroark in Unova sequels).
I replay the game many times. I tried to do Nuzlockes, but I sucked. I don't play competitive (I plan to start with gen 7), but I play Showdown.
>>
>>27823406
>>27823525
>implying there are girls on the internet
>>
>>27823344
Kanto, Sinnoh, Unova, Kalos : male
Hoenn, Johto, Unova 2, Alola : female
I have a headcanon in which they're all the same two characters that travel every region starting from fresh, and the only time they meet is on Mt Silver.

Red & Sapphire

I build my team as I encounter Pokémon I like, so I'd say randomly.

I play regular for the headcanon, without nicknames.
Out of the headcanon, I play a challenge I made myself. And I always have a copy of the latest game on which I play competitively.
>>
>>27823525
>because of the part where Silver undresses the protagonist
Hol up what
>>
File: 1471208564720.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1471208564720.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>27823344
Male for main games (Ruby, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, Black, Black 2, OR) Female for secondary games (Sapphire, LeafGreen, Diamond, HeartGold, White, White 2, AS)

>How do you name your trainer?
Always Ethan for Male, Cherry for Female.

For main games I always trade in the same team from the last gen: Gengar, Roserade, Lucario, Scizor, Weavile, Staraptor. In Gen 3 I had Roselia, Hitmonchan, Sneasel, and Pidgeot. For secondary games, I just catch the Pokemon and raise them.

I've kept the same nicknames on my team since Gen 4. I don't really focus on competitive or self imposed challenges.

I tend to not reset my games, cherishing the saves. The only time I've ever reset a game was my 7 year old Platinum save, so I could do a legitimate run without my teenage action replay antics clogging up everything.
>>
>>27823646
That's what I had heard, I don't remember if it actually happens or not.
>>27823620
You're right, I'm a male and my preferred pronouns are Po/ké/mon
>>
>>27823344
Both. I'm a guy, and I think exploring both ways to play the game got a lot more interesting due to Gen VI. I'll likely replay Pokemon Sun/Moon the same way.

Whatever the fuck I'm interested in at the time. For instance, I named my male protagonist in Kalos 'Polnareff' because France. I don't usually make OCs out of human trainers, I find it weird. I guess I could do something else about it.

>How do you pick which Pokemon to raise?
Gift Pokemon may as well just be tugging at my heartstrings which make me feel guilty for boxing it. In Alola I'm probably going to replay it several times due to all the new Pokemon I actually like. I generally just use whatever feels good or looks cool. Even legendaries.

>Misc playstyle questions?
I nickname the ones I intend to keep/breed. I hardly ever replay a POkemon game, I do it once or twice out of revisiting it for some fun. No. I have enough of a problem trying to keep my interest in the series. I'm getting better at Competitive so I can learn how to use my Pokemon more effectively in the games, like it matters.
>>
I generally play as female, since they're cuter.

I use my online nickname all the time.

I don't really care about my team composition, if I find a pokemon I like in the wild I catch and stick with them. Basically I play with my favorites. I only change pokemon once in awhile though if I have a huge type disadvantage with current gym leaders/elite four etc and can't take them down with my current team. And no, I don't use legendaries.

Only recently I nicknamed my pokemon, mostly my mains, since my friends said it will make me love them more in a recent conversation. Before that, nope. Not really that focused on competitive, I feel that making a perfect team ingame is too much work for me. But I do play random battles on showdown once in awhile. No nuzlocke, I'm a casual lol. generally on the endgame, I find that I generally more interested with things other than battling, like pokemon contest mostly because of the same reason why I don't really care about competitive.
>>
>Gender
Male. Playing as a cute grill is nice, but most of the time I play face to face and I would like ro be represented as male.

>Trainer Name
Always used the same nickname for games since I was like 10. Not cringy and mostly normal so no issues there. Andriux if you ever battled me.

>Raise pokes
I always try to either based around my starter. If I do not like the starters, I will pick a different poke and build a team around it.
That being said, my favorite poke is Cloyster.
No legendaries. Remove Genies

>Misc.
I nickname my favorites. I never restart. I only do Nuzlocke on older games. I like competitive, but I never use legendaries / genies. I either play OU with pokes I like or monotype with a types I like (Fire, Ghost and Psychic). I do play while on deployment (Navy), and I won ship tourneys against others with my Psychic team.

In general, I wish people played without legendaries to give other pokes a chance.
Every fight being genies makes the meta super stale and all I see now is Scizor, Garchomp, Genie and 3 other mons, usually Rotom.

No fun at all.
>>
File: got caught.jpg (129KB, 740x1005px) Image search: [Google]
got caught.jpg
129KB, 740x1005px
>>27823646
>>27823671
>>
>>27823739
Dude, that's an internet comic
>>
Gender: male usually, female from time to time when I get tired of looking at the same sprites over and over again.

Names: I use my own name for the first playthrough, my last name for nuzlockes, and the name of the game when I'm going through for story purposes. Every so often I'll use a random name, but mostly it's my own.

Team choice: first playthrough is what I like. Try to not repeat types, but sometimes I will, like with Pangoro and Chesnaught. Subsequent playthroughs I try to use pokemon I've never used before. Not really particular to any gen or formula.

Misc: I do nicknames. I usually keep one version that is a permanent record of my first playthrough/living dex, then one that I restart periodically, mostly when I set it down for months, come back to it, then realize I have no idea what I was doing. I used to do Nuzlockes pretty often, but now I just don't have the time to invest in them. I play showdown sometimes, mostly randoms because I don't feel like making teams.
>>
>>27823747
no shit
it's based on a scene from the games though

https://youtu.be/0_MeuQikXuQ?t=2m20s

go to around 2.20
>>
>>27823344
Depends on the game. I play as the girl in Crystal, FR, and DPPt, but otherwise I stick w/ the guy.

On a first run, I use my name or any of three related names for my character & my rival.
After that, it's based on whatever I'm theme I'm using for my pokemon nicknames. (e.g., in my current Sacred Gold run my player name's Verdi & my rival's Wagner, w/ all my pokes sharing names w/ opera characters; in my last Blaze Black run I used my hometown as a name & all my pokes were named after cities)

First run is a free for all, just as long as I have my starter, a flyer, and a surfer. No legendaries.
On replays
>Fire/Grass/Water core
>no repeated types
>even split btwn Special-based pokes and Physical
>can't use any pokes from my most recent run

I'm a religious nicknamer, to the point where if I can't think of a decent name I'll straight up stop playing until I have one in mind.
Since Shoddy Battle, I've always used monotype teams on simulators, but never on the Monotype ladder unless they're holding a tournament. The only exception to this I can recall is a sandstorm team I ran in early gen V
>>
>>27823739
>Hibiki and Kotone
>the comic is in English
weebs
>>
>>27823344
Depends on which of the design I find more attractive.

Canon names.

I don't. I'm the "go with the flow" kind of person, so my choices of Pokemon are pretty much random each gen.
I will, however, always have my starter and at least one legendary in my team. Oh, and each Pokemon need to have at least one HM.

>Misc play style questions
>Do you nickname your Pokemon?
Only recently.
>How often do you replay/restart your games?
At least once.
>Do you play with self imposed challenges (ie Nuzlocke)?
Interested, but has never tried it.
>How focused are you on competitive (Showdown/Battle Maison/VGC/Battle Spot/Other)?
None. I'm not really a competitive person.
>>
>Gender
Usually I go with the male trainer because I am a man, but there are a few exceptions (like I used the female on a few plays of Ruby because her design is really cool).

As a child, I'd always give my trainer my first name, but in more recent playthroughs I've gone with nicknames as well as my fighting game tag.

When I start a game, I usually have a plan for about 2-3 pokemon that I know I want to use (for example, I knew from the start that I was using froakie and gogoat in X/Y) but the rest of my team is open for whatever I see and think would be fun to use. My friend has based a character in his pokemon D&D campaign off of me, so I might use the team his character uses in a second playthrough of X/Y or ORAS in preparation for Sun/Moon.

>Misc Play Style questions.
As a kid I'd restart my copies of ruby and leafgreen constantly, but I'd always stick to the strategy of grind your starter and spam with it. I haven't restarted a game in a long while. I wouldn't say that I'm focused on competitive, but I do like EV training the pokemon I use to make sure they're at their full potential.
>>
> What gender do you play as?

Female if she looks like me or if I like her design, male otherwise. (I only like Green, Hilda and Dawn honestly)

> How do you name your trainer.

My middle name, first name, or Ross.

> How do you pick which Pokemon to raise?

I raise my favorites because I'm a faggot, although I try to stay loyal to some form of typing symmetry.

> Misc

I nickname my Pokemon for the most part, and I restart my games if I want to soft reset for something I captured already.
>>
>>27823344
During my first run I always play as the boy to feel more absorbed into the story and adventure. If i restart the game I might choose the girl.

My name starts with an H so I usually name the character something that starts with an H.

Depends on the game. In BW I would always use Samurott and Swoobat, so in those games I tried to catch pokemon that resist electric. I never use legendaries and I never box my starter. I try to use as many pokemon as possible that I've never used before or just catch something that captures my interest, often due to the anime. I often end up using a team of shitmons.

I always nickname my pokemon, often according to a theme, like music or a defining feature the pokemon has. I won't restart untill I have done all story-related things in the game. I don't really play competitive since breeding is such a hassle and I end up feeling guilty if i box my pals after using them for the entire story. I hate grinding so I'm usually underleveled compared to the gym leaders/e4.
>>
>>27823344
Female

yeh

always female if the game has the option

After myself

>Do you have the same name across your games or does it change?
nope its always my name

i pick the strongest ones that i also think look cool/cute

>Do you go in with a plan of what pokemon you want to use? Do you generally have a theme or template for your teams (ie Poison type team or classic Starter+Regional Bird+Pseudo+HM Pokemon+Others)? Do you use legendary pokemon?

sometimes there'll be a pokemon i really want to use, but never a whole team planned unless i'm replaying an older game.my team is whatever it ends up being, i hate having hm pokemon in my team, i leave them in a PC until I absolutely need to use them. legendarys are for fags

>Do you nickname your pokemon? How often do you replay/restart your games? Do you play with self imposed challenges (ie Nuzlocke)? How focused are you on competitive (Showdown/Battle Maison/VGC/Battle Spot/Other)?

sometimes
will usually restart a few times but only after i haven't played for ages and ages
not really
not very. i like showdown though
>>
>>27823878
>During my first run I always play as the boy to feel more absorbed into the story and adventure.
explain
>>
>>27823661
>SoulSilver
>Main game
Oh I see, that's why the Rival's canon name is Silver.
>>
>>27823888
I self insert as the mc.
>>
>>27823344
Male on my first playthrough (considering I am male) then I mix it up on subsequent playthroughs.

I always use the name Zack for male characters across every gen (bar gen 1 where I used Red) not my real name, just one I like.

on most playthroughs (especially my initial playthrough) I use Grass-Fire-Water core + a psychic/dark/ghost + a steel/ground/rock + flying type. but on later playthroughs I'll either go mono type or try to find "found" favourites (by selecting six random pokemon to use on that playthough.) I'll only use legendary pokemon on my first playthrough

I don't nickname my pokemon, but I tend to select one game to never restart (for gen 6 it's Omega Ruby) and then restart the others as I feel like it. I don't play nuzlockes but I will try to use pokemon I've never used before on other playthroughs (or try monotype runs) and I have no focus on competitive.
>>
>Gender
First run, I play as a male named after myself. Afterwards (I buy both versions so I have one that I can restart for mysery egg runs/nuzlockes/etc.) I play as either gender which is normally whatever design I like better (Sinnoh/Hoenn/HGSS/Kanto I go 50/50, BW/BW2/XY I only play female, GSC I only play male)
>Names
First run of a game is my self-insert as stated above. After that I have an entire world of OCs that I use for names, though I have a main one for boys and a main one for girls and I use those ones much more frequently than any of the other OCs.
If I know I'm going to have a particular naming theme for my pokemon, I may try to name my character after someone who is a leader/god/creator of that universe. For example, if I was doing a Panty and Stocking naming scheme, I might name myself Garterbelt (as he's kinda panty and stocking's leader) or Gainax (creator of hat universe).
I will occasionally go with a canon name.
>Pokemon
I normally go in with a plan on the first run. I try to have an FWG core and no repeating types. I try to split 50/50 on physical and special attackers. I won't use legendaries.
After my first run it's likely a nuzlocke or mystery egg so I can't plan my team. If I'm doing a special run with a friend we likely traded in eggs that we planned beforehand.
>Playstyle
I nickname everything except legendaries. I have the alternate version to replay/restart. Most of my runs now are Nuzlockes, and during any run (nuzlocke or otherwise) I use rules of "no items in battle," "pokemon cannot be higher level than next gym leader's highest," and "set battle style". I spend a lot of time on showdown but do not care enough about injecting/breeding to bother with cart.
>>
Male
Yes.
Across the Pokemon games, yes, it's consistent. Across other games and genres, no.

I name them a shortened version of my real name.
It's the same. In BW1>BW2 I wish I named them something else thoughb since BW2 is a direct sequel.

I always raise my starter. Sometimes I have a vague idea of what I want ahead of time, but I try and limit this to only 1-2 Pokemon. Then I just try and balance my team for as much type coverage as possible.
Almost never. Only for story events.

>Do you nickname your pokemon?
Sometimes.

I only ever restart the older games. I keep my saves on the newer ones.
I'd like to but I can never be bothered.
>How focused are you on competitive (Showdown/Battle Maison/VGC/Battle Spot/Other)?
I used to be quite competitive, now a lot less so. I'm slowly training up some competitive mons but I don't really care enough to compete in any events.
>>
File: image.png (464KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
464KB, 640x1136px
>Play as a guy cause I'm a guy
>When I first played I gave my character a nickname I had then. Every game after I've used it to be consistent
>I pick Pokemon based on how they look but I pick Pokemon which are all different types
>I nickname all Pokemon except legendaries and mythicals. I feel like naming them make them different from everyone else.
>>
Always male.
Always my real name. Rarely I use the online alias I tend to use. in XY though, did pick that as the "nickname" Shauna wanted me to have.
I always pre-plan my team. I think that's even the most fun thing to do to before starting to play. I /kinda/ have a template: poison + steel pokemon; 1 pokemon having Fly and 1 Surf; no type overlaps; favourably, decent type coverage.
I rarely use nicknames, but some pokemon tend to reuse the same nickname if used. I never replay a game. Never did self-imposed challenges, though have been wanting to do a monopoison or monograss (never liked enough of the present pokemon). I like competitive, but I'm not made for it.
>>
>>27823344
Had to cut the questions for word limit. You can tell which answers belong to which questions.

Both, but I would say that majority of the playthroughs are female
No I'm male
The first playthrough is always a girl, the second playthrough is always a boy. Any playthroughs afterwards depends on how I like each model, but most likely female

My trainer is named randomly, I'll think of a name I like on the spot and roll with it. Sometimes I'll name the MC after another video game I'm currently playing, and base the pokemon's nickname around that. For example, I remember an XY playthrough where I was called Cirilla, and the pokemon team was Geralt, Yennefer, Triss, etc.
I can't remember the last time I named an MC after myself.
Always changes. I never try to use the same name twice unless I've simply forgotten.

I normally pick a team using Serebii. Sometimes I plan a team out before I even start and make sure they cover all types, rarely I'll just roll with whatever I find in the game. More often than not the team is really strong, but sometimes I'll have a cutemon that's rubbish just because I feel like it.
Sometimes a theme, whether it be by type or sometimes by biology (i.e. team of bears, etc.), but rarely is that the case. When trying to pick a team, I'll use a type template so that everything is covered (grass, ground, fighting, ice, dark, flying), which doesn't work out that fairy was introduced,
If they fit well within the types of the team, then sure. If not, no big deal

Yes, always, most of the time they'll be related to their biology/types in a indirect clever way, sometimes they'll be nams after a theme like the Witcher one before.
I would say I've replayed each game at least 3 -4 times. Sometimes I give up during a playthrough if I haven't touched it in a while, and start again.
I only nuzlocke on an emulator, so that it can be sped up. Other times I'll decide to use shitmons, or pokemon below a certain BST.
Never tried it, probably never will.
>>
>>27823344

Always female, always cuter and in XY a ton more customization options.
>How did you name your trainer
Genderbent my own name, turned into an OC at some point
I always have a Fire-Water-Grass core and then use Pokes I haven't used before.
Always nickname Pokemon, restart one of my games in each set as my other copy is for storing mons and such, only applies to gen 6 as I have transferred all mons gen 3 and up, I play nuzlockes occasionally but I suck at them and I dabble in competitive
>>
Female because I am female.
Only played as male in ORAS because only male just werks with Citra. Might mix it up in the future.

The same name as my computer unless I'm lazy in which case it ends up as two button mashed capital letters.

I pick only the most powerful and badass looking pokemon. Being rated more highly is a plus.
>Do you generally have a theme or template for your teams
No repeated typings unless it's flying as I'll sometimes have two flying types. I usually use the starter. Fucking hate HM slaves and I'll do anything to avoid having HM moves including erasing the moves using pkhex.
No, I'm not a faggot.
Yes. If I think of a nickname I'll rename it later. But once the nickname has been selected it is never removed even if it is a mispelling.
When I have time.
Not really.
If I want Showdown I go to Showdown. I'm a randbat/OU person.
>>
>Gender
I think it's always been boy
yes, though since calem got fuck for fashion in XY I'm probably picking chicken chan

>Name
OC I made up when I was like 13. Kept the name.

>Team
Starter/bird/etcetc

>Misc
I named all of my pokes from XY after greek shit since I named my Delphox Pythia
>>
>>27823344
Male
Yes
Yes
Sometimes my name sometimes stupid memes
>Did you use your own name or a nickname, or did you create an OC and pick a name you liked, or did you go with a canon name (ie Serena/Calem for X&Y) or something else completely different?
Read answer above
Mostly the same
I pick the ones that look cute/cool to me, no matter how good/bad they are or what gen
>Do you go in with a plan of what pokemon you want to use?
Not really but if I see a pokemon I really like in the previews I'll make sure to leave a spot open for that
>Do you generally have a theme or template for your teams (ie Poison type team or classic Starter+Regional Bird+Pseudo+HM Pokemon+Others)?
No
No
Not when I catch them but I'll make sure to nickname them as soon as I meet the name rater. Don't want to waste time nicknaming a pokemon with a hindering nature.
Only if I want to Nuzloke that game, otherwise I only restart my Emerald game because it's the one I enjoy replaying the most
>set and no healing during battles, I also try not to have too many strong ppokemon in my team (pseudo-legendaries, good starters etc.)
I play shodown
>>
>Female most of the time. If I buy a second copy, it'll be male
>I name them after my nickname
>I get the cutest ones. I don't enjoy using legendaries on my team unless it's lati@s
>I do nickname my pokemon, and i've done nuzlockes before
>>
>female
>no
>I would rather be Red or Ethan but i think being a virtual girl without all the flaws a girl has would be cool
>trainer is my online alias
>generally go with what i think looks cool, no legendary, still try to have some balance
>only nickname a few pokemon i'm not clever to name all of them. Makes it easier to remember their name anyway.
>Occasionally i replay them but not often
>i tried an all bug team with XY and i get crushed by the 2nd gym
>not competitive
>>
File: Doubles Team.png (19KB, 274x157px) Image search: [Google]
Doubles Team.png
19KB, 274x157px
I'm male and usually play as male. Played as a female when I restarted X because of customization options

I use an anagram of my name that I've used for almost every game since 2010. I use a different anagram for my female character.

First playthrough is starter + 5 interesting looking pokemon new to the game.

Post game is usually a team of Togekiss(my favorite pokemon)+ FWG core+2 others, this is my current doubles team which is pretty similar to my singles team

I haven't used a legendary pokemon on my team for over a decade now

I love nicknaming pokemon. I usually have a nickname theme. Currently have Puroresu themed nicknames for my team.

I usually keep my third version/remake as my main file and restart my mainline games.

Main story->No healing during battle, set battle style for important battles: gym leaders, elite 4, etc.

I like to mess around with them every now and again. I actually really like the Battle Maison because of the multi battles. Very fun with siblings, cousins and friends.
>>
>>27823344
Always male, since I like to immerse myself in games and it's a distracting if I'm the opposite gender.

I use my name.

I try to use new Pokemon for new regions and try to spread the types evenly as much as I can. I'll always go for the Pokemon with a nice design, even if the other choice of the exact same type is a slightly better choice.

Unless I'm doing a second/third run, I don't nickname them. I restart rarely and play a lot, I haven't done a Nuzlocke (yet).

Competitive is pointless in my opinion.
>>
File: 1469946654713.jpg (497KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469946654713.jpg
497KB, 560x700px
>>27823344
Male
>How did you name your trainer
Normally my own name, but sometimes I'll make something up. Never canon names.
Nothing specific, I generally just decide as I play, especially on a first run. I almost never use legendaries, though I've used Zekrom/Reshiram in the climax of BW a few times just because it felt right for once.
I sometimes nickname, usually after Transformers if I do. I nuzlocke a lot. I am very bad at stopping playthroughs and restarting when I get bored (I STILL haven't finished ORAS). I like playing on Showdown sometimes, and will probably mess around on Battle Spot again in Sun/Moon (I did a lot of Battle Spot in XY but lost my cartridges). I tend to find most postgame stuff beyond that (Maison, Battle Frontier etc) boring pretty quickly, but I love PWT and to a lesser extent Black/White Tower in BW2.
>>
File: image.jpg (256KB, 1600x2128px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 1600x2128px
>>27823344
Depends on the game.
Boy for the first version, girl for the second. If there's a third version, I play according to what I believe is canon
Example:
FR: Boy
Ruby: Boy
Emerald: Boy
Pearl: Girl
Platinum: Girl
B/W/B2/W2: You get the idea
>How did I name my trainer?
I use canon names for the most part, except gen V where I modify the names a little bit. Starting gen VI I name them from what their region is based of.
Nate => Nathan
Rosa => Rose
Calem => Sebastién
Serena => Cécilia
Starter, Lucario(If possible), Regional Bird, HM slave, Favourite mon from that generation, box-art legendary.
No. Their natural names are often better.
When a new gen comes out and I have transferred all mon from that save file.
Yes. Since I can use injection, I edit my team to always be 10-15 levels below the gym leader / champion.
Showdown? Kek
Maison? Waste of time. I use permanent megamons.
VGC? Spearhead strategy. Hit em fast, hit em hard.
BattleSpot? Balance between strategy and spearhead.
>>
File: 1471299631227.jpg (128KB, 512x542px) Image search: [Google]
1471299631227.jpg
128KB, 512x542px
>>27823890
Main game as in the one I bought/acquired first.
Sorry for being shitty at clarifying.
>>
>>27824716
>Lucario(If possible)
Is it proud of its power?
>>
Male, my name, and I try to use Pokémon I haven't raised before. This leads to some fun challenges on the GameCube games, because then I have to skip a lot of the available Pokémon or not evolve some.
I try to make sure every Pokémon is EV trained after the story and I've transferred them up to Alpha Sapphire.
>>
>>27823344
Female. It's pretty much invariable at this point; I've been playing female characters since the first time I was offered a choice.

I generally use the same name for all my characters, so I'll probably just go for that one.

Basically, I pick whatever I catch that seems interesting and doesn't match a type I want to keep in my team. I try to always have a wide mix of types, so if I catch something new it'll either replace an existing one or go in the computer. I also always keep my Starter.

I always nickname my Pokemon. If I caught it then it gets a name. I also pretty much never restart a game; I can only enjoy Pokemon once every two generations because the gameplay is so samey. I don't like competitive battling, because it requires so much work to get there that I might as well just do something fun from the get-go.
>>
How do you guys handle transferred pokemon? Do you still use them or leave them in a PC as is for memories?
>>
>>27823344
Male
My name
I just go through the game and pick ones that I'd like to raise/seem useful.
I do lots of side-stuff since I don't particularly like battling.
>>
>>27824810
Yes.
>>
>>27823344
Male, because it's my gender. I've once chosen female in x/y due to my attempt at a nuzlocke, and several times before I've also chosen female, but only for such temporal things. I keep it consistent across all games.

Gen3 and Gen4 have been played with my real name. That's because I was a kid and I self-inserted as the MC, and actually liked the story. I don't remember exactly for gen5, but as I started building an online presence I switched to using a name that could belong to a proper human being but still sounds like my nickname. For pokemon spinoffs such as Mystery Dungeon I tend to use my real name, as that allows me to self-insert more easily, and makes the story much more worth it.

I don't remember what I did when I was a kid but it was either just catching whatever looked cool (even multiple times) or not catching anything at all, and soloing the game with starter and legendary. Nowadays I just catch whatever I don't have in my pokedex yet, and select the strongest pokemon I have, also looking out for diversity in type. My starter is always in the team, and I have one or two HM slaves to move around. I box my legendaries nowadays.

Post 1/2
>>
>>27826154
I sometimes nickname the starter, but generally no others unless I'm running a nuzlocke, in which I just pick a random letter on the keyboard and go with whatever sounds alright, be it nonsense or not.
Now, replaying games has gotten a bit of history. As a kid in gen3, I had a flashcard to play Sapphire. However, the internal battery of that card was borked, so I couldn't save. This meant trying to keep my gameboy plugged into the wall, getting mad at my parents whenever they unplugged it, and replaying the game countless times. Later, in Gen4, I restarted my Diamond game multiple times due to me being shit at the game, and getting stuck at several places. Multiple times at the league because I couldn't beat it. Once I beat the league for the first time, I never reset it again.
Nowadays I don't reset at all, and if I do, I back up the save file first, to restore it later.
I just started experimenting with Nuzlockes as I needed an excuse to play X/Y (to help complete my dex). 'tis challenging, but very frustrating, and I cheated a few times because watching the team you've just spent hours training get rekt by a move that boosts the user's attack ad infinitum isn't fun at all.
I've tried to get into competitive, but completing the pokedex moves me more for whatever reason. Don't get me wrong, I like battles and making up strategies, but the whole breeding/training thing just isn't for me, and showdown has a learning curve I'm not willing enough to surmount, besides some random battles now and again.
I've never liked things like the Battle Maison, Battle Subway or the Frontier. It takes forever and just isn't very fun. It feels like climbing one of those 99F dungeons in Mystery Dungeon, it takes forever, and frustrates you like hell when you fail.
>>
I roll with the dude trainer. Don't care much about dress-up stuff or cute things.
I use my usual gamertag.
I go with fire starters on my first playthrough (except that furbait fox) and go with water in remakes. I try and balance my team using mons as I find them, only use pseudos if I can find them at a reasonable point in the game.
I name almost all my Pokémon based on either the folklore they're inspired by or based on the scientific name of the species they're based on.
>>
>>27823620
>implying there isn't girls on the internet
>implying the rule isn't about how girls sometimes get treatments because they're girls and because on the internet nobody is getting theses treatments
>AM I FITTING YET GUYS ? I READ THE RULES ON KYM I'M A REAL INTERNET GUY LIKE YOU RIGHT ?
>>
>>27823344
>gender
Typically male but sometimes I'll play as a female for a second playthrough
>name
I typically use my name or a nickname unless I'm doing a theme team or something, I'll have to get creative when I restart XY as a girl.
>Pokemon
Typically I plan a team of new pokes for my first playthrough although that changes in practice once I actually start using them. After that I'll do a second playthrough with mons I've never used and just sort of go with the flow
>misc
I typically nickname all my Pokemon, even shitmons that I don't plan on using. I find myself restarting quite a bit during my playthroughs, especially in newer generations (ORAS is the worst offender) since I lose interest in the team I've built. Pokebank makes this easier too since I can store any Pokemon I want to keep.
I've done a few monotypes but typically just try to keep my levels low to keep things more challenging.
I've also started breeding for the first time ever and I've so far bred a 5IV Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Rhyhorn. I still need to get better at team building (read Karenfag) but I'll mess around in showdown to get a good idea of what's a good team
>>
>>27823344
I mix it up especially when replaying.
Used to use my own name/come up with a name. Now i either use the canon name or my online handle.
I plan beforehand, but i always end up changing at least one or two when i actually play.
I nickname when i replay. Mainly replay older games. Only one i haven't replayed is ORAS.
>>
>>27823344
Male. Sometimes I'll play as female in an alternate playthrough to give the illusion that I'm playing differently, but there's no deep reason behind what gender I pick.

I use my typical screen name. In alt playthroughs I'll name them complete gibberish.

I normally go with the starter and whatever I catch on the way. I constantly switch up my team and have no real focus.

I nickname everything I catch. I do a lot of mystery egg runs. In SM I plan to only use three pokemon at a time. I don't give a shit about competitive.
>>
>>27823344
>Gender
I play as male and its the same as my gender, i always play male

>naming
I usually name it my name, save for my first pokemon game which was yellow where i named the PC Ash because pokemon fever

>Pokemon i use
I just use pokemon i like the look of most of the time, in black and white that ended up being a lot of grass and bug type pokemon
I use legendaries if i like how they look a lot, i.e Lugia

>misc play style questions
I've never done a challenge nor am i a competitive battler, though i do like breeding for perfect IV's and trading them away to complete my pokedex and shinies
>>
>>27823344
Female
No
Consistent
Always the canon name

I just play through and choose Pokemon based on what I find that I like, though I try balancing my team type-wise. I usually have 4 actual team mons, one HM slave and one open slot for training a Pokemon until it evolves. No legends.

Always
I don't
I never use healing items or other inbattle items, if that counts. Feels too much like cheating.
Not particularly.
>>
>>27823344
Almost invariably male. I only ever played female on BW replays because I actually like Hilda.
When I was a kid I picked random names I liked. Now I invariably go by the canon name.
On the first run, it's random. In replays I go in with a specific team already in mind that I can complete gradually by the time I reach the E4. Unless it's a Nuzlocke, in which case it's random (but I tend to pick the bulkiest most defensive catches for the team).
Only pre-picked team members. In Nuzlockes I nickname all catches.
Not that often. I might play a couple runs a year.
I play Nuzlocke half the time nowadays. I don't really care for other challenges.
I couldn't give less of a shit no matter how hard I tried.
>>
>>27823344
<What gender do you play as?
Male, cuz I'll look like a faggot if I play female (no offense to guys who play the girl)
Ever since I began playing Pokémon, I've always given my character my name. But for Sun/Moon, I'm gonna give my character my pen name.
I go with whatever I deem cool. I used to use legends for the remainder of the story, but I won't this time around.
No, because I want to get used to the new pokemon names, I never restart my game, nuzlockes are for faggots, and I'm somewhat into the competitive scene, I use Showdown
>>
>Gender
Jinda mixed but a girl like 70% of the time
>name
I use "meow" mos of the time
>raised pokemon
I always use my started and pokemon i never used to make the game fun and learn more about them
>usually dont Nick them unless i have a nice idea for a nick i don't raise my levels above the next gym leader highest level
>>
>>27823344
i play as male
no its not , males are just cuter than girls in most games hilda saved all girls honestly
yes unless i do replays or its actually matters(bw2)
on cartridge i name it my nickname i got from friends . emulator doesnt matter . cartridge is consistent
i run though the game using pokemon that look the coolest making sure to not let types overlap
no legendaries
i usually have a ''leader'' pokemon that is several levels ahead of the party. only one i nickname.
i play showdown and im not bad at it
>>
female and its the same as mine. i sometimes play as the male just to mix it up on multiple play throughs

first run i always use my own name but i use whatever on the other runs

i never have a plan when i choose which pokemon. i try to use as many new ones, like gen 6 i only used new ones, but other than that its a free for all. ive never use legendary pokemon except on yellow, i almost always swap pikachu for zapdos

i nickname pokemon that i use and ones that i feel need a nickname. i dont think i've ever needed to reset my game. i do the occasional nuzlocke and i enjoy online battling as well as any battle tower like facilities
>>
First male, then I decided to play as the qt females
First my name, then their canon names, then just my Donut Steel OCs
I base them on looks. I swear I have some undiagnosed form of autism.
Yes, when my MicroSD is tragically destroyed. Then lost. Or every few minutes when I farm events. Mostly on ROMs. Somewhat focused.
>>
>>27827126
I forgot to add when the options come out I'm picking a character with the gender(s): Demisexual Omniqueer Foxkin with my Donut Steel OC I made up as a headmate
>>
>>27823344
As a boy always
Give them a cool made up name like Kai
I always prefer the fire starter but only if th evolutions look cool, aren't girly and bipedal. Example of Pokemon i didn't choose are ( Torchic and Fenekin
No i think thats retarded
>>
>>27823344
first playthrough is always genuine, male, 2nd is usually which ever design i like more

Always use my online nickname, i got attached to it

First playthrough i only use the new pokemon or the ones i never used before, other playthroughs are usually nuzlockes or monotype esk challenges

I like to replay these games, that's what makes pokemon so fun for me, how i get to replay them over and over and its always a unique experience

pic related was my first game believe it or not
>>
>>27823344
I played as the dude for the first 4 gens. XY I played as the girl because the dude is a faggot. Didn't play gen 5.

I generally name them Red, Gold, Serena, etc. Their names in either the anime or the manga. But with ORAS I named my character after myself so my friends can recognize me more easily.

I pick whatever pokemon have cool designs that I like.

Never. Don't. Nope. I like competitive but I don't go full auts over it.
>>
>>27823344
>What gender ?
Mine the first time and if I play again the design I like the most
>Name ?
Mine or my nickname and a masculine version of my nickname if I play the boy
>Pokemon ?
I choose them by their look

I nickname them, I restart it when there is a new version out, no self imposed challenge except don't have a full team or being underleveled at the next gym, and I play competitive when I feel like it
>>
File: THEEYES.jpg (60KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
THEEYES.jpg
60KB, 400x500px
Depends, I generally switch back and forth between games, unless I absolutely prefer one's design over the other. Most recent game I've played was X, with a female protag.

I don't use my own name- instead I have a handful of names I use for each gender that I use instead. Again it changes depending on the game and protag I choose.

Generally, I catch whatever I like. I do prefer it if I don't double up on types within my team, but that's pretty much the only standard I use, outside of occasionally playing with challenge rules.

I do nickname my pokemon. Usually there's no apparent theme unless I'm specifically breeding a competitive mon/team, then I like to use other games or anime for inspiration- I like to use Monster Hunter or Zoids names, for instance.
I only occasionally restart my games, and only once I've made sure I've transferred all the pokemon I've trained/bred out of it.
I do try to play challenges, though I don't often follow through with nuzlockes.
I don't really care that much about competitive. Which is a bit odd, considering that I will often breed competitive-level mons despite hardly ever using them. But then again, I like the process of breeding more than actually fighting.
>>
>>27823344
Depends on the game, and I usually play at least once as each gender.

Pick a name I like, or use the name from a character I created in the past for an RPG or fanfic. Canon name only on second/third playthroughs with that gender, if I happen to like the name.

I chose as I go along in the game. I rotate my team between pokémon changing my team between gyms. In the end my favorites during that run make the final team for E4. I generally keep the starter.

Yes

Not that often. I usually restart a game a few years after I played it for the las time. If I feel like going back to a game sooner, I just go for postgame stuff.

Occasionally, in second playthroughs and romhacks. I like catching them all so I never Nuzlocke a new game.

> How focused are you on competitive (Showdown/Battle Maison/VGC/Battle Spot/Other)?
Used to be very focused on it, mostly Showdown. Former Smogonite here. Kinda burned out a few years ago. Still like making teams based on competitive logic for in-game battle facilities and online play, but I don't feel like breeding for perfect pokémon or actively seeking competitive opponents anymore.
>>
Red, Ethan, May, Dawn, Hilbert, Rosa, Serena. Will probably play as the boy in Moon.
Canon name usually, but if the canon name is shit like Calem, I'll change it.
Mostly random, I don't really use legendaries. However in Colosseum I used the Beasts/Ho-oh a lot so I could purify them.
Only the ones that'll I use for long periods of time.
Just replaying Colosseum and AS at the moment
I try not to level past the next Gym Leader/the Champion other than that I haven't done a Nuzlocke but I want to do some and transfer the surviving champions up to Sun and Moon.
I'd like to get into competitive but I don't think I'll be good at it.
>>
>>27823899

This is why I think it's cool that Pokémon allows for the player to pick the MC's gender. It allows for more immersion.
>>
File: 0nhlhbwpj1slr0o3o1_1280.png (347KB, 600x396px) Image search: [Google]
0nhlhbwpj1slr0o3o1_1280.png
347KB, 600x396px
My own gender, so a girl ever since Crystal made it possible

I always use my own name

Back when I was younger/still a kid I totally took everything that things like the Anime and the "Ultimate Pokemon Handbook" said to heart. So when supplemental materials always preached HAVE A DIVERSE TEAM USE DIFFERENT TYPES RAISE LOTS OF KINDS OF POKEMON! I took that as the gospel truth and would worry that I'd "lose" the game if I had two Pokemon of the same type. I ALWAYS have just used my favourite Pokemon no matter how weak or strong, but through the RBY and GSC era I had a lot of variety. I eased up as I got older and realized that I could still win battles anyway, and just used only my favourite Pokemon. I don't care that my Diamond team has three fighting types or my upcoming Moon team will have two Grass and two Fairy so far......I just want to have fun with my bros.

>Do you nickname your Pokemon?
Nope

I always have both versions, and one is my "Main" game that I play through, do all the post game, complete the Dex, have my dedicated team of Lv 100 diehard-love bros, and will never ever delete. The second version is the one that I will restart new games for fun when I want to go through the story again, use different Pokemon, try out themed stuff, etc.

>Do you play with self imposed challenges?
I've done Nuzlockes before

> How focused are you on competitive?
I understand all the ins and outs but have never dabbled in it hardcore. I've raised/bred powerful teams for competitive battling among my friends, and I've participated in two bigger tournaments (placed 8th and 5th overall) but I'm more about just having fun.
>>
Male, same as my gender, but I play as a female when I'm doing a non-main/serious playthrough.
Same as my name, consistent.
Favorites, don't use legendary Pokémon except when I capture 'em to stare at their pretty skill animations. I never plan my captures.
I do nickname 'em, except when I'm in a non-serious playthrough so I don't bother. (unless if I'm doing a joke nickname). I barely ever restart my playthroughs, I do replay games I have never beat though. I play with Nuzlocke every now and then but never last too long. Don't really like competitive because I like to use my favorites.
>>
File: ....jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
>>27823344
usually I play as male since I am one (only exception is Sinnoh, Dawn's sprite is better and I'd rather be a girl than a faggot)

>How do you name your trainer
RED for gen1, GOLD for gen2, my name in all caps for gen3, Dawn for gen 4, my name in all caps for gen 5+6
usually I use Lithium for hacks because my chair in Chemistry class had Li and it kinda follows the motif of naming-shit-after-minerals of gens2-4 there's also Lithium in my anti-depressants

>How do you pick which pokemon to raise
every playthrough is different, I rarely plan ahead but generally I try to have a Fire, Water, Electric and Flying mon, and sometimes Ice, Ground or a bromon. HMs are usually spread throughout the team unless in Sinnon (also I unironically like Bidoof) I'm not a big fan of Pseudos and Legendaries
sometimes I do plan ahead, but that's if I'm playing a mono-type or some other type of self-imposed challenge that isn't Nuzlocke

I nickname some but not all of my pokemon
I play the older games on an emulator since WiFi is dead, I have X for storage and I restart Y when I want to replay gen6 (which has only happened once)
Yes I like to challenge myself but also I like to explore and find new things in every region (about 50/50 split). Also my favorite modes are probably Dubs clause Nuzlocke, Avatar run, 6 Eevees run and monotype run
I don't care about competitive at all, I do battle with my friends but I prefer Battle Frontier-style singleplayer challenges
>>
Glad to know self-inserting isn't that uncommon
>>
I'm always a guy. It feels weird playing a woman in games. I know people like to say they enjoy playing as something pretty or attractive if they're going to be staring at it the whole game, but that's never really been a problem for me.

I tend to go with defaults. The trainers are blank slates and really just a vehicle for collecting the real stars of the games, the Pokemon. I don't care.

Depends on the play through, really. The first time through, I tend to go for the obvious choices, the low-hanging fruit. Whatever is easily and freely available, such as a starter, the regional rat, the regional bird, a common Water-type picked up Surfing, handouts like Eevee and Lapras in Gen I, etc. The second time around, I'll aim for rarer, harder to get or more niche Pokemon like Abra and Crobat. The third time through a game, I will go even further down the rarity/hard to come by hole with stuff that is almost universally overlooked.

I nickname occasionally, but it's not common. A few years ago, I started to replay Red once a year, but now I mix it up a bit. One year, I'll do Red, the next year I do Gold, then it's Platinum, etc. My only challenge is trying to make something useful out of shitmons if I've played a particular game enough times to exhaust the usual suspects. I don't bother with competitive stuff much, though I have done some Battle Frontier stuff in Gen IV. Turns out I suck.
>>
>>27823344
I usually play male and yes.
I usually pick the girl if I like her more than the guy's design. I liked Rosa better than Nate and Serena better than Calem.

I usually go with my name, Aubrey, or a canon name.
And my naming for characters really isn't consistent across the games.

I usually go in with an idea of what I want. I get a Grass/Water/Fire/Electric core, and then add and swap out other types.
And I never use legends unless I really like them, like Azelf or Cobalion.

Yeah I nickname Pokemon. Either after what they're based on, name them after things from other RPGs, or mythological beings.
I replay/restart whenever I get the hankering to play through a Pokemon game. Whether I finish or not is another thing.
No, but I'm planning on doing a nuzlocke of some game but I haven't a clue which one yet.
I use Showdown from time to time, but I really like doing Battle Spot and Battle Maison. I've never played VGC but it looks like cancer unless Ubers are banned.
>>
File: raichukawaii.png (112KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
raichukawaii.png
112KB, 335x335px
Always play as the girl.
I'm a dude.
It's consistent across games, except for once in B2 I tried going as the dude but I couldn't do it, reset the game.

Always after the version I'm play, but for the remakes I drop the Fire/Leaf/Heart/Soul bit. For Y, I chose an actual name that began with the letter, and had my friends call me Y. Felt weird, won't do it again.

I usually don't go in with a plan, apart from maybe a general direction such as only using Pokemon new to the gen, but I generally don't stick with it. Around the 6th Gym my team is usually final. Also, from 2nd gen on, I always drop my starter as soon as I get something of it's type, but I always pick the Water starter anyway.
I always take at least one Electric and one Steel, though. Magnezone counted as both in my Y run.
No Legendaries.

Sometimes I nickname my Pokemon, but I usually don't.
Not very often, but I usually take large breaks from Pokemon. When I was a kid I'd restart RBY as soon as I finished them, and then I didn't play again until I was 14, with B again, and from then I've yet to play any Pokemon game more than once. Remakes excluded, I've played FRLG a number of times.
I don't tend to Nuzlocke as I don't tend to replay games, but I did it once and it was pretty fun.
I don't focus on competitive at all, but a good number of my friends are interested in SM, so I may attempt at making a team, but I won't decide until I beat the game and then see how much I still want to play. On that, I also never care about post-game content, after beating the E4 I might go through it again once or twice but I usually just put down the game.
>>
>>27823344
always girl, the guy trainers are too retarded

I name myself based on a stupid injoke

I raise all the pokemon. ALL THE POKEMON

and I definitely nickname them. Their names are usually dumb jokes.

I am focused on VGC/battlespot but I'll raise pokemon I know are crappy just to try them out
>>
Because I usually get both versions, I'll do one and one

>How do you name your trainer?
I always give my male character my name. I love to self insert. For the girl character, I always name her what I'd like if I were a girl. Sam, Lana, and Sasha

I pick out my team in order of most importance to me
1. Design
2. Stats
3. Coverage

>Misc
Nah, nicknames are a little goofy for me
I don't restart my old games. I keep moving forward
Not interested in nuzlocke
I just got into the competitive scene. Been spending the past few days IV breeding. It's damn addictive
>>
File: 1245356.jpg (161KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1245356.jpg
161KB, 600x450px
>>27823344
Male, except for XY due to customization options. I might mix it up if I prefer the female's design to the male's.
Depends, it's usually something short and without meaning though. When going back and playing old games I use the same name, but change it up for new ones.
Whichever ones are beneficial to me at the time. I usually don't use legends.
>Misc. play style questions?
I never nickname my Pokemon, though I plan to start whenever I decide to waste time with competitive shit. Otherwise, nothing in particular outside of being a dexfag and catching everything new I see.
>>
>>27823344
>What gender do you play as.
It's not set in stone whatever I feel like really.

Slim if its a girl because autism. My first pokemon game was emerald and I had a girl named slim so I just keep that tradition alive. And boys are random but never my name.

No plan, but always have a psychic type and never ever use legendaries. Its just so stupid to me legendaries are Pc decoration.

I only nickname my Pokemon if there's a theme I can uphold between them all. I.e if my character's name is God, my starter is Jesus and the rest are biblical characters. I restart games often, but usually fail to finish. I get to the e4 get like halfway through loose and never touch that save file again. Occasionally I play all the way through though.
>>
File: new fav poke.png (2MB, 2243x2604px) Image search: [Google]
new fav poke.png
2MB, 2243x2604px
>>27823344
Female usually, same as me. I just go for the avatar that's cutest, and usually I don't like the design for the male trainers.

I just use my name/nickname. Unless I'm doing a nuzlocke or a solo type/themed run, then I'll pick a name that fits.

I usually have a vague idea what I want to get when I start out, but honestly I try to just pick things as I go now. I replay a lot so I tend to branch out and try to use Pokemon I've never used before and/or don't really like on the surface level.

Always nickname my Pokemon, even ones I'm just catching to fill the dex. Coming up with names is fun. I restart/replay a new file every year or so, and usually pick which one to replay at random. I almost always replay around August though, to hype myself up for October releases. I like to play self imposed challenges a lot, it mixes things up, though I tend to be pretty casual when I play. I don't really care much for competing myself but I'll watch official tourneys on YouTube sometimes. I always wanted to make a competitive team but honestly I'm just lazy.
>>
>>27828874
Waddup fellow mood disorder anon
>>
>>27823344

female because i am one and they look better
my name
if i find it and like it ill put it on my team once i catch it

i nickname my pokemon and play vgc and shiny hunt for some pokemone ecspecially with hyper training beng announced i ve been hunting for alot of shinies
>>

I play as a boy because I am a boy. Only exception was Rosa because I really dislike Nate's appearance.

Their canon names on old games and my nickname for the newer games because of online.

Pokémon with designs that I like that aren't legendaries. I dislike repeating the same types and I usually plan on what my team will look like

I focus on online after completing the game, mostly battlespot and Smogon stuff.
>>
I always I pick the boy in every game just because it is the same gender as me
Most of the time it's just my name, but sometimes I'll just make up a name I think fits with the design
I like to "raise" my pokemon from lower levels, so most of the time I try to get my pokemon at either a low level if it is at the beginning of the game or at stage 1 if it is later in the game. I try not to use legendaries unless I really like them, but I pretty much always have my starter.
Never. Recently not as frequently because I want to actually complete my pokedex. Not really, I might try one sometime though. I'm curious about it, and I might start breeding and ev trainer my pokemon soon
>>
>>27823344
>gender
Male, same and consistent.
>name
I always use mine, trading them to a future game is always nice.
>which pokemon to raise
Build a balanced team that branches off my starter, I don't use box legends
>Misc
I nickname. I don't replay games unless I have a backup or a second cartridge.
Competitive is a coin flip.
>>
>Gender
Male playing as male. Except with Crystal, I loved her design.

Always the same for every game I play.

> How do you pick which Pokemon to raise?
I kinda go with the flow, I never think on balance until the end in which I decide if I play or not competitively.

I don't nickname my Pokemon. Just because it's the best way to memorize their names.
I don't restart.
I usually take too long breeding and that bores me enough to not play competitive afterwards.
>>
What gender? Female or male depends on how cute d avatar looks but mostly female
How do i name them? I usually name mine after any anime i like during d moment i get d game i been Luffy Levi and Saito in past games
Which pkm to raise? Well i tend to go for a theme in appearance if i feel like only cute pkm i go for cute only really depends but in d end i take my best of each team i might have made and make one team in d end to finish d gane with
Misc play style? I have replayed a few time never tried a nuzlocke i luv battle maison and i tried friendly competitive but am pretty casual in that regard
>>
>>27823344
>Female
>Canon Name
>I usually plan out teams. I typically use bulky/strong Pokemon. I'll maybe use Entei or Zapdos every one or two runs.
> I nickname my Pokemon. I'd say I replay a Pokemon game every one/two years. I'm a fan of Nuzlockes as well.
>>
I usually go for the male character (my gender), but in gens when I've had two games I play as the female character in my non-preferred version.

As I've gotten older I use the canon names but when I was younger I'd use my own name.

On the first playthrough of a new game I'm more flexible but I still like to try and plan my team beforehand. I like to keep my starter and I can't have overlapping types. It also annoys me of at least half of my team isn't from the gen/region of the game I'm playing. I never use legendary Pokémon.

I never nickname Pokémon (partly because I'm not imaginative enough...). I don't restart games until there's a new gen out and I've transferred the Pokémon I need. I don't use any rules but I have little annoyances like I need to capture all Pokémon in a normal Poké Ball and I have to organise a Pokémon's moves in a specific way. I have no interest in competitive.
>>

Male

Yes

Consistent

Did you use your own name or a nickname, or did you create an OC and pick a name you liked, or did you go with a canon name (ie Serena/Calem for X&Y) or something else completely different?

Usually use my first or middle name for my first playthrough. Then an OC later.

Do you have the same name across your games or does it change?

Same First/Middle convention yeah. And then the same oc.

Do you go in with a plan of what pokemon you want to use?

Not usually. First playthrough I catch what I want. For future runs I try and use mons I haven't used much before.

Do you generally have a theme or template for your teams (ie Poison type team or classic Starter+Regional Bird+Pseudo+HM Pokemon+Others)?

Nah.

Do you use legendary pokemon?

Nope. Not until postgame where I might use them to sweep the E4 over and over and over to level pokemon.

Do you nickname your pokemon?

Always

How often do you replay/restart your games?

Usually as soon as I beat it and get bored of the postgame. Omega Ruby is the first time I've decided not to restart.

Do you play with self imposed challenges (ie Nuzlocke)?

Every so often, they're fun enough.

How focused are you on competitive (Showdown/Battle Maison/VGC/Battle Spot/Other)?

Not too focused, I do showdown for fun sometimes, but it's mostly random battles or LC.
>>
I always play as a male because that's what I am

Mostly after my real name, but sometimes after my in game name if I've already played through them

Purely based on their aesthetic value.
I can have dual typings across my team as long as I love their designs
I always go for those I haven't used before, or used specifically little, but only if I like the design
I do try to have a little "viability". I'm most comfortable with my teams when they have water, grass and fire, as well as rock and flying. The last one is mostly ghost, dark or psychic.
I've never played through a game with an active normal type pokemon
My favorite team I ever used was for SoulSilver where I used Typhlosion, Charizard, Gengar, Tyranitar, Scyther and Gyarados

I mostly OCD for full male team, but go female if it fits better (Gardevoir, Banette, Mawile etc)
They're always nicknamed something I find fitting
I always have a "main" game where I spend 100s of hours breeding and collecting my bros
I have migrated alot of mons from the original Ruby I own
Can't wait for Hyper Training so I can make my OG bro Swampert from my very first Ruby playthrough have perfect stats
>>
>>27823344
Always play as male as I am male

Untill XY I named my trainers based on the adventures manga names. Now I just make OCs

I train the pokemon that I like, training them till their final evolution. If they don't work out for my team or aren't quite viable enough then I bench them after evolving them.

I nickname all pokemon I catch, and refuse to do nuzlockes.
>>
>>27823344
I tend to buy both games or three.
The one I start with is Female the next one is a Male
Only the 2nd game
Been using this approach since B/W. Prior to that is was mainly just choosing male.

I use their canon name only.

The first 3 gens I mainly went for capitalizing starters but it got boring. After that I mainly aim to rotate 1 starter then keep my diversity open especially because of the necessity of HMs. Though I tend to go, Starter Element + most appealing regional bird + 2 most appealing current gen pokemon + Dark or Ghost + Ice or Steel.

Stopped doing that after the first gen.
Very rarely. I aim to fill as much of the pokedex as possible without help then after I'm satisfied I move on. Usually when a new pokemon game is announced it motivates me to pick up the games I have and try and do more.
>Do you play with self imposed challenges
I tried doing that but I wasn't having much fun with all the requirements and restrictions the game sets with HMs.
>How focused are you on competitive
If it wasn't for how time consuming getting the best stats I would actually try it but I know my pokemon wont stand up. I rarely even get past level 80.
>>
>>27823344
>1.
I play as a boy, because I'm a boy in real life and I'm happy with it.
>2.
I use my own name.
>3.
I try to make a competent team that covers a lot for strategy, stats, and types and find some good synergy within it, while avoiding using Legendaries, with Laitias in AS as an exception. My most competent team has to be in White 2 with Serperior, Magnezone, Excadrill, Starmie, Skarmory, Conkeldurr, and Chandelure with Rotom-W for post game extras as well. And then there's Gen 6 where I went full retard by having way too many pokemon as my battlers before the Elite Four and some were some rather questionable choices.
>4. Yes, but I didn't do that for Gen 6, because I had too many Pokemon. I don't actually restart, but I might send my W2 team into Gen 6 and restart White 2. No. Haven't even tried out multiplayer, but I am keen on whatever kind there is for your Battle Tower, Battle Frontier, Battle Subway, Battle Maison, or whatever there is for the BP and prizes.
>>
>>27823344
I'm a boy and I only used a girl in my Ruby version because May is waifu. I've been using the boy since then.

I use the english variant of my name.

There're some Pokémon I already made my mind and I know I would capture them even before I star my game. Some others I usualy catch as they appear. In my XY run, I made my mind I would capture Pangoro and Ampharos, but I would never think I would end with a Vivillon, Aegislash and a Talonflame.

I will always catch a growlithe when I know he's avalable in the game. The only time this didn't occurred was in my Heartgold run, I used Magmar instead.

I used to put a legendary in my team until Pearl. My Platinum run was the first time I boxed Giratina and never used any since.

I use a ten-level method to train some of my Pokémon. Like, my starter reached lvl 60, I won't train him until others pokémon are on the same level too.
>>
>What gender do you play as
Usually female, but sometimes I'll play as male if the design is cool. Gen 7's design is not cool, so I'm sticking with matching genitals.

>How do you name your trainers
I used to make OCs out of the trainers, but anymore I just use my first name for girls, middle name for boys.

I go by looks and when I find them. I won't use Bunnelby because Diggersby is kinda eh, but I will definitely raise Noivern.

>Misc. Questions
I nickname my Pokemon, absolutely. I will restart whatever game I'm not using as a main and I'll usually Nuzlocke it. I don't play competitive myself, but I'm a VGC judge so...?
>>
>>27823344
The one I make my head canon protag based on my head canon starters for them

If they have canon names I always call the player character and rival that

I map out the Pokemon of that game, and try to make sure my team isn't a repeat of types

No

If I want a female starter, a battle goes bad, or if I want a nature for my Pokemon I'll reset

>Do you play with self imposed challenges (ie Nuzlocke)
Nope

I tried to max out my trainer card back in X to have a truly 100% game, but the Battle Maison kept kicking my ass, so I gave up.

Outside of that I don't really play competitively, I'd be down with that, but I'm not gud at that kinds of stuff.
>>
>What Gender
I alternate between playthroughs (ie. one game as a male and one as a female) unless one of the genders has a shit design
>How do you name your trainer
I just use whatever pops into my head first, almost never my own name
I just use mons that I think are cool and can pull their weight in battle. pic was my last team
I didn't nickname my pokemon up until right now during my nuzlocke run, I think I'll start doing it more though it's tons of fun.
Sometimes I'll drop my starter if it sucks, I don't give it any special treatment.

Postgame I do stuff like beauty pageants and PWT and such, just see the other stuff I glazed over during the story.

I play competitive on showdown but never in game.
>>
>gender

Usually I play as boys on initial playthroughs, though with character customization that could change as I prefer women fashion over guy fashion

>name

Something derived from my actual name if I'm playing a girl. I'll use my actual name if playing as a boy

>pokemon selection

I usually go in without a template. Maybe I have a better idea on subsequent playthroughs

>misc

I usually don't nickname outside of nuzlockes. And because pokemon bank makes it so easy to transfer pokemon, I've been doing alot of nuzlockes lately
>>
>yes, in X
> I played as male until gen 4. Played as both in gen 5 and 6.

I named the male character the canon name in ORAS. Named my character and rival using the canon or suggested names until gen 2, so Red/Blue, Hiro/Kamon, etc.

I went full retard in gen 4 and the girl character has a boy name in SS, used city names in gen 5, then used my real name in X.

>team
usually only use the newest mons on my team in my first playthrough. When I was younger I always had a bird until gen 5.
>>
I play as whatever gender I didn't play as last playthrough. Applies for all games.

My name or username for males, the female variant of my name or my username backwards for females.

I pick my favorites for my first run, any pokemon I'm unfamiliar with for the runs after that.

I nickname my pokes almost every run.
I'll restart my game on a whim if I come back to it after a long period.
I've done multiple nuzlockes but only completed one run.
Despite not playing much of any competitive as of recent, I'm the best competitive battler in my group of friends. Still shit tho.
>>
>>27823344

Typically Male.

>How did you name your trainEr?
I have a habit of occasionally using my name, but like to pick from Russian or Italian names other times.

I always only catch 6 Pokemon (aside from ones given through story events) and make sure to never type overlap. I catch more and begin training after the story.

I give them nicknames, usually normal human names. I usually don't restart as I begin training for competitive VGC as soon as I beat the game.
>>
>>27823344
>Gender
I've always gone male up until recently where I picked Rosa for my BW2 replay. Probably going with female in S&M because I can't even remember what the male MC looks like
>Name
First playthrough I go with my actual name (except in Gen 6 where my first name is inappropriate, kek) but reset almost immediately after beating the champion and name the protags after the game.
>Team
Always classic. I'm unoriginal and my starter is my bro
>Misc
I nickname my main team, usually two playthroughs a game (not counting emulators), I've done a few nuzlockes and I'm semi versed in competitive.

tl;dr I'm probably a normie
>>
File: 1464997927778.jpg (3MB, 2481x3508px) Image search: [Google]
1464997927778.jpg
3MB, 2481x3508px
>male in every game besides b2w2, because Rosa a cute

>Volt, in every game.

>I just go with whatever Pokémon I encounter that I like or end up being useful in my team. Usually keep my starter but not always (Scraggy replaced my starter in White)

>I do nickname my pokemon, I've only replayed a few games and never finished them. Not competitive at all, I just play the game for the experience.
>>
I'm a guy and I play a guy.
I used to name my character Shade, but I grew out of that and just use my name.
Starter, plus maybe one or two favorites from the spoilers. The rest I just pick as they come along. I try not to double up on types, but if it happens it happens.
I always nickname, sometimes do Nuzlockes, I reset when I really want to play again but I always transfer my Pokemon first, and I occasionally do competitive.
>>
File: Pokemon Team Size Chart.jpg (231KB, 1160x530px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Team Size Chart.jpg
231KB, 1160x530px
>>27823344
Female. I feel weird walking around as a boy. The only time I'd play as a boy is if I can customize him to the point where he'll look like me.
My first name. That, or the name of the game. "Red" "Blue" "Ruby" etc.
I go on a team builder site and put the ones I like together until I find a combo which has protection against as many mon as possible. Then I'll look at unique/useful ones that might justify a spot on the team. Do I want a stealth rock wall spike setup? That may be worth having a few team weaknesses.
No. I'd get confused if I did. When I was very young and playing Red, I named all of my Pokemon "Magikarp" and kept track of who in the team order was who. It made my 10 year old friends chuckle when I fought them.
I don't play legit anymore. I like to play an emulated Black 2 every summer. I just hack in the mons I want and play through the game. I also like coming up with unique move sets and test them out on wild pokemon.
>Do you play with self imposed challenges?
Yes. Once I've maxed out my absolute favorite team, I'll get the weaker pokemon and team them up to see how they work. Plus it adds a new challenge. A Claydoll with Toxic, Sandstorm, Cosmic Power, and...another move I've forgotten, has proven to be a lot of fun.
>How focused are you on competitive?
Not at all. I play in theory rather than to actually use a pokemon against an actual opponent. I know damn well even my best teams will be floored by actual people. I have fun in my own little world.
>>
>>27823344
Male, same. Consistent.
I usually use the standard names. Most of the time I'll pick the English one, but not always. An example of that is Hilbert - the name just rubs me the wrong way so I use Touya.
If I'm using a hack, the team will be similar (six of my favorite Pokemon). If I don't have access to all Pokemon, then I just end up compromising. I don't really have a theme and don't use legendaries, with the exception of Suicune (sometimes).
>misc
Yeah, I'll pick a nickname if I'm planning on actually using the Pokemon. I don't replay often. No self imposed challenges. Not competitive.
>>
I play as who I believe fit most for the gen or look the best overall. I name the trainer based on their official name or the manga names again whatever I feel fit more. I really pick pokemon that interest me or something special like N's Zorua in B2 and W2. I don't nickname my pokemon but Gen 7 may break that. I restart if I have another game of it like if I played Diamond I'd restart with Pearl or Platinum. Nah I'm bland when it comes to playing I just go by what it offers.
>>
ITT: Closet homosexual pokemon players
>>
>the protagonist who shares my name is my least favorite design and in my least favorite game

lol
>>
File: 1469061778052.jpg (29KB, 499x498px) Image search: [Google]
1469061778052.jpg
29KB, 499x498px
>>27823344
Always my own gender (male) in games like this where the purpose is to play as a blank character to self insert as.

I'm kinda boring here and usually use the official trainer's name.

I just go on with my journey and randomly find them. If I like their design and typing, I put them on my team.

I never nickname my pokemon. I never restart my playthrough. I don't do Nuzlockes. I don't do competitive. I just do the main story and all the post game content and finding easter eggs. I don't really do the battle facilities that I can't beat with my main story team.
>>
>>27823344
depends on which character design and which version I am playing.
In black n white I picked the girl because she had super cool sprites and looks. And because I wanted something new and different.
>>
File: 1471135926132.jpg (53KB, 718x825px) Image search: [Google]
1471135926132.jpg
53KB, 718x825px
Majority of the time, boy. I've only played as the girl twice and I'll be playing the girl again in SM

I've always named him after me, but the girls are always different names that I like

In recent years, I would come up with my teams prior to playing, but I always end up with a different team by the post-game

I don't nickname my Mons. I'm shit at coming up with good ones
The only game I restarted mid-game was White 2
The only challenge I ever gave myself was in X and AS when I limited myself to one mega
I suck at competitive play, so I rarely go online. I just play to catch them all
>>
Male for first playthrough (same gender), female in any future playthroughs of the other version.

Online alias

Honestly just the ones I think are cool. But the consistent picks are just the starter and regional bird.

I normally just give them nicknames that are references to other shows, books or games. I play the other version of the game I already played a year or two after. Never really did challenges and only play Showdown for a week each year or something.
>>
File: 1471136844692.jpg (486KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [Google]
1471136844692.jpg
486KB, 1000x735px
>>27823344
It varies, depends on which gender's character design I like the most.

I just pick a random name depending on the gender of my character, if I can't think of any, then I just default to which ever version I'm playing as as the name.
For example, I set my latest White playthrough to female and named her "White".

I just pick Pokemon I like, but I usually plan my team out beforehand.

Yes; if I'm planning to use that Pokemon at some point, then I nickname it, usually after some obscure Gods or characters from a TV show. I've never done challenges, I just play through the game normally. Though, I guess I lately have been trying to use different/obscure Pokemon, from the earlier routes for example, or mon that aren't discussed as often. I suck at competitive, so I don't do battle online. The closest I've gotten is the Battle Maison, and even then, I've never gotten to the Battle Chatelaines and beat them.
>>
>>27823344
>checked

Used to play as I guy, changed over to a gril because I want to be one

Used to use my IRL first name, except in firered when I named by guy Lance. Now I use some girl name I like

I use my starter and try pick out things to give my team a good spread. The only one I actually planned out was BW2 tho. I also planned out nicknames for em.

I don't nickname, but I'm try to now. I use my physical cart as my main game, and don't reset that, and use emulators for challenge runs
>>
>>27836460
Shame because Hilbert is probably the best designed male protagonist we've had in a long time. Hilda was also top tier tho
>>
File: PugTurn.gif (958KB, 250x269px) Image search: [Google]
PugTurn.gif
958KB, 250x269px
>>27823344
HILDA IS BAE

rhetorical question indeed anon
>>
>>27823344
boy, same, consistent
i use the same ign as everywhere else
i keep my starter, try to build team with minimal type overlap, and avoid using box/story legendaries
no nicknames, replay with nuzlocke, competitive (showdown/battle spot) occasionally
>>
>>27823344
Boy if it's my first playthrough and girl every other. I'm a boy btw.

typically not my real name, but something very similar.

It varies. I love using shitmons or cutemons, but also some edgemons to balance the team out.

I typically hunt for shinies of all my favorite pokemon, I feel like if I find a new pokemon to love, I need that pokemon's shiny form.

But I also like replaying my favorite games.
I remember having 2 boxes of Lugias in pearl after playing soul silver a fuckton.
>>
I always play as the guy on the first run, but I occasionally change if I'm feelin' it.

Either my first name, my last name, or some meme name.

I like having the autismo Fire-Water-Grass core, then usually a Flying-type, then two bros. I don't like using Legendaries, though.

I usually nickname my Pokemon something cleverish, I replay games in a binge, then I stop for a few months. I nuzlocke games sometimes, but not that often. I'm decent on Showdown and I've spent almost 400 hours on Pokemon Y breeding shit for fun.
>>
>What gender
Usually female, ever since Crystal, though I have picked the male before. If I play two versions, I typically go for one of each, but almost always pick the female first..

>How do I name
I picked from the list until gen 4.
I typically give myself a name on-par with the stereotypical rival names.
Starting from SS, I name all of my male characters Aquaman.

>How do I pick which pokemon
When going in blind, I catch as much as I can, and give everything a few levels to prove itself. I keep a mind of who the weakest link in general currently is.
When playing a second version, I either pick a team of mons that got bumped off, or go for shitters.
When replaying a version, I tend to gravitate towards favorites, or things I have never used before.
As of AS, I decided to utilize the EXP. Share, and rotated out several pokemon into a vast pool of team members. I had about 20 serviceable Pokemon by the E4, and had plans to do several runs to get them all in. The Delta episode had other plans.

Various Style:
I started nicknaming my pokemonn as of White 2. Typically I either come up with something on the spot, or else I load up something with a random name generator and go through a few until I strike gold. Disgaea is a favorite for this purpose. Churrozard, Spin Doctor, and Uppercuticus carried me through Y with style.
I got into competitive in DP/HGSS, and my run of Platinum was torturous. White was pretty bad, as well. Then I found Showdown, and contained my competitive pokemon urge to there, and had a blast with White 2. I do occasionally make a competitive team in-game, but these are not serious teams. I don't bother with IVs.
I've done a few Nuzlocks. Part of me really wants to do a blind Nuzlock one of these days, but I don't want to ruin the experience either.
Sometimes I toy with the battle facilities for a few BP and 'nab an Assault Vest or something, but again, I usually don't bother. I did have a lot of fun in the Emerald Frontier in my recent replay
>>
>>27823344
I always pick up both copies, so I end up playing both genders (am male; prefer female)
Male is always my name, female is always random
When playing through the campaign, I always have to have at least one water and one flying pokemon. Everything thing else is fair game
Don't care for competitive. Pokemon for me is an RPG experience, I love catching and raising every pokemon, completing regional dexes (hence why I pick up both copies), exploring every nook and crannie of every region, bonding with my pokebros (amie was a godsend for me, honestly), and I mostly stick to vanilla and monotype runs.
>>
>>27823344
I mix it up or go for whatever design I'm liking at the time.

Either my own name/nickname or some random name. I don't remember if I ever used the canon name.

I plan out some of my team in the beginning and then I just wing it. Get a team without type overlap/designs I liked. If I can get access to one of my favorite pokemon, I usually just get them. Things might change with SM since ORAS is the first time I'm caught up with the latest game. I could import eggs.

I nickname Pokemon that I use frequently and avoid using legendaries. Pseudo-legends are fine though.
I play on Set since it's more like a real multiplayer battle and removes a handicap.
Only one restart with X since I'm too lazy to finish most Pokemon games.
I'm more interested in theory-crafting movesets, EVs, and Abilities than I am in actual competitive because it's stressful.
>>
File: forms.gif (29KB, 85x85px) Image search: [Google]
forms.gif
29KB, 85x85px
>>27823344
I always play as a girl because I like to look at cute girls.... Don't judge me

I use the name I use for all the other games I play

I usually just chose whichever ones I like at first or keep the ones that really grow on me, and I try to have a diverse team type-wise

I nickname them, and I've never restart. I'm doing a nuzlocke on a fire red rom right now. I don't care for competitive.
>>
>>27823344
I mostly play as a girl (im a D00D)
But sometimes I mix it up if I prefer the D00D model (hgss, oras)

My name in game is JazzaDawg (usually won't fit so its JazzDwg) chose it because it was a nickname my mom called me that then friends started calling me that

I plan pokemon before I play and all ways use nicknames (usually my favorite in their final form) I dont do nuzloke I want to try it but I want to know what the best game to start with and im not very competitive I just to be better than my friends
>>
I played as a guy for most of the games but went with may for oras and planning to play a girl in s/m since I missed the chance to customize a girl in xy. s/m likely has more options for girls than guys again.

I use the same nickname ( Beany ) regardless of gender.

I try to go for new pokemon but also avoid shitmon (IMO) but somehow always only ending up with like at most 3 new pokemon, usually only 3 battling pokemon and two hm slaves. Since the games are so easy i rarely switch between two main pokemon.

I don't nickname pokemon and I never restart any of my games except for emerald even though most of them have no pokemon left after I transferred most of them to my pokemon y. After main story i usually fool around with the secondary stuff like dex completion (view first than capture if I feel like it) and contests. i don't bother with competitive so maison stuff doesn't interest me, only beat PWT because it had short format. Might change that in S/M.
Thread posts: 138
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.