[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Introducing a new person!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

So, long story short, I suggested to my SO to try out the games proper, since she really likes Pokemon Go. I offered, that if she really likes the games, I'd pick up a copy of S/M for her come launch.

We're playing gen1 (which I started with at launch--maybe games after that spoiled me) and she's really liking it!

My question is what's next? Do I slog along side her through chronological launch? Select ones? I actually skipped Gen 5 but hear great things, which couls give us both firsts at once!

I'm just very glad to see her enjoying herself. c:
>>
why the fuck would you start with gen 1.

Play Emerald or X/Y next, the rest have flaws for a new player to play
>>
>>27821645
Go to HGSS next. They're widely received as the pinnacle of the franchise and they'll continue the canon running from the gen 1 game that you guys would've just finished
>>
File: haaaha.jpg (61KB, 498x360px) Image search: [Google]
haaaha.jpg
61KB, 498x360px
>>27821703
>the pinnacle of the franchise
>>
>>27821703
>grinding for an hour

No
>>
>>27821665

That's true -- the idea was to introduce her to the same roster she's familiar with. But hey, they get better!

XY seems solid, though I'm restricted to emus for the moment.
>>
>>27821703

Oh, great idea and spin! She's listened to some HGSS music on YouTube music and loved it.
>>
>>27821703
this desu, it emulates well enough on toaster hardware and while I guess it can get a little grindy I found it pretty enjoyable nonetheless, graphics are also pretty good too
t. GOnad
>>
File: Byakko.jpg (43KB, 503x503px)
Byakko.jpg
43KB, 503x503px
>>27821645
>Has a GF
>How does it feel to be a fuccboi normie
check em
>>27822277
>>
>>27821645
Good order for a beginner
FRLG
HGSS
Platinum
BW
BW2
XY
ORAS
>>
>>27821645
Honestly, if she's playing Gen 1 and genuinely enjoying it, why NOT go in chronological order? They get progressively better as the series goes on, and that's better than the alternative, which is starting with the absolute best, as some people have suggested, and having it be all downhill from there.

And since it's clear the has a tolerance for slow, GB-era games, there's no harm in going at it from the beginning.
>>
>>27821645
I introduced my Fiancee to FR first, then moved onto HG as the follow on.
Doing SuMo next. No idea which game we would've done otherwise.
>>
If she has tolerance and enough interest to play through all the games in chronogical order and then sm without getting tired, do that. Otherwise just play emerald, plat/hgss, and bw2.
>>
File: image.jpg (121KB, 940x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 940x1000px
>>27822341
>They get progressively better as the series goes on
>gen 6 exists
>>
File: 854.jpg (33KB, 599x652px)
854.jpg
33KB, 599x652px
>>27821703
>They're widely received as the pinnacle of the franchise
>>
>>27822411
Eh, point. Still, though. For someone who's not a bitter genwunner, the consistent gen-to-gen upgrade in graphics, introductions of new mechanics, monsters, and side features can generally only possibly be a good thing.
>>
Chronological order.
>>
>>27822364
Platinum?
>>
Is there any extensive guide on emulating pokemon games on pc for total dumbasses like myself?
Like which emulator I need for each version, how to setup one etc.
>>
File: 1460936208558.png (35KB, 405x320px)
1460936208558.png
35KB, 405x320px
>>27822237
Okay, so I'll see if actually going through it all is appealing for her, if so, cool. If not, I think HGSS would be next and I could just show some vids and songs from gen2.

>>27822279
Normie af! Coincidentally, Normal is my least favorite type. Good dubs mai dewd.

>>27822280
Will screencap this post and mull it over! Thanks.

>>27822341
Very patient, and generally for an hour at a time. Also, that's where my thinking was before this thread, for sure.

>>27822364
I hope the experience is great so far! FRLG seems like another great place to start. And those drums!

>>27822379
Is BW2 better overall than BW?

So far, I definately think Gen4 (Plat or HGSS, likely latter) is next, then BW1/2, then Gen 6.

Thank you all so much, so far!
>>
>>27822546
OP here. My OldBoy works great as GBC for my old spare Galaxy s3 mini. Emuparadise used to be good, and I don't much remember where I source my ROMS from. Little piece-by research is great!
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.