[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No Second Region in Sun and Moon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: Cj8rmQVXIAE38Z2.jpg (104KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
Cj8rmQVXIAE38Z2.jpg
104KB, 770x562px
So i see a lot of voices expecting 2nd region in Sun/Moon (mainly Kalos or Kanto for whatever reason) or just a huge post game in general. Lets debunk this.

Kanto - we've been there several times, its a dead horse by now so there's literally no point of beating it again. The story is done, there's not enough loose ends to create any continuation. Not to mention it would look super bland end boring next to Alola.Besides GF allowed RBY on VC transfer to SM for a reason. Even Mewtwo was so bored that he left this shithole for another region
Johto - equally bland allthough it has a bit more history to it. Still no lose ends there and it would be super random to visit Johto out of the blue
Hoenn - just got remakes
Sinnoh - is next in the line for remakes so no point here
Unova - fairly new and it got sequels already so nope
Kalos - the only region that would make somewhat sense since we visited it once and there's plenty of loose ends but GF found a solution and Zygarde is in Alola so forget about it

Thats it. Not to mention there's no post game terrains on the map and we have to beat all 4 islands to become the island challenge champion. The artificial island seems like a "league" of this region. Besides the chinese leaks dont even mention post game

Sure its possible that there's some hidden island but thats probably something like Battle Resort in ORAS with a new Tower/Maison etc
>>
>>27820969
There's clearly even a postgame island off in the distance there, people expecting a full region are just stupid
>>
OP, there won't be, but don't act so cocksure as to the why
>>
>>27820969
>Kanto - we've been there several times, its a dead horse by now so there's literally no point of beating it again.

Hoenn baby pls go

just fucking go.
>>
>>27821071
>OP has an opinion that isn't the same as mine
>I BET HE'S A [GROUP I HATE]
>>
>>27821013
That "postgame island" literally just has a giant beansprout on it. That's it.

There may be other islands hidden under the clouds, though.

>>27821043
(You)'re a fuckwit.
>>
If Kanto were remade with all of the random towns that were in the anime, that would actually be interesting. Not to mention capturing the scale of cities like Saffron or Celadon hasn't really possible until now.
>>
>>27821117
Well yeah but it's still about as many postgame areas that XY had.

We can only hope for a giant postgame island like Sinnoh's, or maybe even one that matches the size of the other 4 islands.
>>
>>27821098
>>27821119
They wouldnt do it for post game though. For a remake - maybe but for post game it would be just waste of time and money
>>
>>27821071
Nostalgiafag detected
>>
>>27820969

Why are people so obsessed with having a second region anyway?

I'd rather have one good region than two mediocre ones like in Gen 2. All Kanto did in Gen 2 was create the illusion that there was more to do than there actually was.
>>
>>27821071
If someone here is butthurt, it's you anon.
>>
>>27821614
Thats true but that was on way less advanced console. If they could pull two big rich regions (lets say Alola+Kalos because anything else just wouldnt make sense) on 3ds on 20th annivesary that would be huge
>>
>>27821071
Don't be a retarded genwunner.
>>
>>27821013
The one with that weird palm tree/sprout or whatever?

I dont know i think its just there for background
>>
And Azoth world?
>>
>>27820969
>So i see a lot of voices expecting 2nd region in Sun/Moon
Wut? People seriously expect this?
>>
>>27823279
You'd be surprised how many
>>
>>27821113
Welcome to 4chan
>>
Almost 20 years later and retards still don't understand that Kanto was slapped on to GSC out of laziness. Rather than make an actual post game for GSC there was just enough space on the cart to recycle Kanto--albeit with a few changes.

As for Alola, i imagine the game progression to be this:
>main game
Get pokémon
Battle team skull
Meet the trial captains
Trials
Kahunas
Skull climax
Something akin to the E4
Battle a rival to become champion

>post game
Battle trial captains and establish the first true alolan league
Some post game battle facility
Post game areas where previous game pokémon are available
Area where strong NPC from alola or other regions are available to battle

Alola is going to offer enough to not need a second region. Plus the new overworld style completely kills the notion of something like Kalos or even a portion of it.
>>
>>27824260
>Alola is going to offer enough to not need a second region.

Thats just your baseless assumption anon.
>>
>>27820969
I don't expect another region, let's just hope main game is good. They can still surprise us with off screen islands we can visit or FreeLC
>>
>>27824277
Baseless assumption opinions apply to second regionfags too.

It's still more unlikely than likely that there will be a return to any other region or a portion of one.
>>
>>27824260
Older regions have adapted to the newer style fine though. Even if Johto ended up doing it better than Hoenn.

>>27820969
Your reasoning for Kanto and Johto not being in it was bad. An urban region like Kanto would be a good contrast to a rural one like Alola, and obviously it would have new locations.

I don't think there'd be a second region, you guys just have lame reasons for why it wouldn't.
>>
Its actually kinda hard at this point NOT to think something huge is going to be hidden to release, the game has a level curve to rival Johto.

Lush Jungle Lurantis Totem fought on Akala at level 25
and
Guzma fought at the Walled Garden on Poni/UlaUla with a team at level 30.

We know that the games are linear in the island travelling, ie a set order of taking on the islands, and island hopping between Grand Trials is a no go aa we know from the site. My guess is that between island we have a level curve roughly at 10 level incriments, landing the end game somewhere in the mid 40s. Don't tell us there won't be a second region, thee is definitely something there.
>>
>>27824612
>don't tell us there won't be a second region...
There won't.
If we don't battle the trial captains after their trials they will be the challenge for the higher level stuff.

They specialize in one type and are important to one town. It's ignorant to think 2nd region before establishing and battling a proper league.
>>
>>27824678
Trial Captains are not tied to a town or city but mostly a portion if the overworld. To access the Grand Trial in which defeating the Kahuna grants you passage to the nxt island, you need to beat all the islands' trials. You are telling me Alola on its own, as is, will have the space to fit in enough areas for high level wold encounters for a meaty post game when you would have explored most if not all of the regiona Points of Interests and dungeons to comlete the story? At the best if the final battle is somewhere in the high 40s, the wild enxounters would need to peak in the mid 30s in Alola. Especially with Gen 5 Level Scaling, with that low a level for wild encounters we will NEVER have an easy grind for level 100 to do hyper training.
>>
>>27824612
You're assuming those will be the levels in the final game, pretty big assumption.
>>
>>27824341
>An urban region like Kanto would be a good contrast to a rural one like Alola,

Kanto an urban region? Is that a joke?
>>
>>27824812
ORAS did the same thing with gym leaders, people caught on that the teams and levels are the same as RS and not Emerald's. Gamefreak doesn't touch the encounter levels for story battle just for
the trailers.
>>
>>27824765
That's not true. They're tied to an island but there are multiple per island.

They're important town centric npc. Read the fucking site, moron.

The rest of your points aren't even worth responding to. Take your (you) and go do some reading.
>>
>>27824678
Why would you need to establish a league when Alola clearly doesnt need one

The second question is how? I saw people saying stuff like "oh we must create a legaue" but no one even has the slightest idea how that would work
>>
>>27825005
Do trials, fight the kahunas, defeat rival.

Kahunas become E4 and any npc says pick 8 captains to fight again. They'll become gym leaders.

You either have zero imagination or are completely fucking stupid if you couldn't figure that shit out.
>>
>>27824952
I did read the site. The ones we have confirmed so far are tied to three different locations in the overworld:
Lana and the Travertines, Kiawe and the Volcano and Mallow is tied to the ranch and Lush Jungle. They do show up in towns and what not, but its not explicitly mentioned the trials are tied to each town. And its obvious from the map there are way more locations for a trial then there are towns to tie em to.
>>
>>27825035
If you think we'll be able to choose our own gym leaders and then, absolutely randomly their gyms will pop out all over Alola then you're stupid.

GF didnt remove gyms to bring them back in the stupidest way possible
>>
>>27825049
Trial locations are not the same as where the captains are tied to.

Your reading comprehension is awful.
>>
>>27825078
GF didn't remove gyms. Period. Fucking retard.

Captains:
Specialize in one type
Are tied to one location
Are important NPC

Only sperglords believe they aren't going to be battled. Only autistic fuckwits don't realize they're gym leaders in every way other than title.
>>
>>27825097
They should be at the very least. I have no idea why they would tie the captains to each city/town instead of the area they are located in. Especially when they have a specific type. The only one who fits both being tied into a trial location and a city would be Sophocles.
>>
>>27820988

I don't expect it at all, but I also won't be surprised if it happens.

I don't know what it is about this gen but I just have this weird feeling I can't shake that it could happen. I guess because it's the 20th Anniversary, or because these games seem to parrallel Gen II a bit to Kalos's Gen I. I could see Kalos getting some minor updates and getting squeezed on in with some minor touch ups to the assets from those games to match SM's world better. But I am not expecting it. I just won't be surprised.
>>
>>27825161
So you can't imagine something so it can't be possible?

You must have tons of friends and meaningful relationships. Stop being retarded.
>>
>>27825122
They're not going to be battled though, otherwise we would have been told by now
>>
In the opening your on a plane coming to the islands, I have a feeling that we might be able to use it again.
>>
>>27821614

Kanto was squeezed on by Iwata himself because he felt that Johto wasn't enough and wanted to give fans more. Not sure why people think Johto was hollowed out for Kanto's sake. Johto is more or less as big as Kanto anyway.

It was a really special, memorable, moment for the franchise and it's one that's now easier than ever to deliver on.

>>27825122

They're not all being battled. Some have minigames and puzzles attached to them instead. They might have teams for post-game but not all are fought to beat their trial.
>>
>>27825207
Literally a week ago fucktards said the same thing about an evil team.
>>
>>27820969
There obviously wont be another region in SM for the simple reason that GF is lazy, but you're deluded if you think we'll never see Kanto again
>>
>>27825187
Okay so how do you see 16 potential trual captains each being tied to a specific town when there are clearly six maybe seven towns in the region. If this is the same person, this started out as a reply to>>27824678

Which is pretty clear that you think they are gym leaders all but in name. So tell me, if I have poor reaing comprehension and a crippled social life for not seeing things the way you see them, how exaxtly would this work.
>>
I'm pretty scared about the content in S/M lads, they said there will only be 4 'gyms' and regular gyms aren't confirmed. That's like half the content of any other main game, I'm scared.
>>
How about we just wait three months and find it out?
>>
>>27825546
Already been explained, shit for brains. Thanks for proving you can't read or are too lazy to read.
>>
No one's seriously expecting a 2nd region, but it wouldn't be a surprise at all if we get a little bonus island or two after beating the game.
>>
>>27825830
Possibly allthough after gen 6 its pretty clear post game isnt GF priority
>>
>>27824840
Kanto is definitely Urban. It has several large cities next to each other. It couldn't be fully realized on the old systems but the intent is very clearly there.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.