[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your view on Pokemon GO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon_go_logo.png (119KB, 608x370px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_go_logo.png
119KB, 608x370px
I hear people ether love it or hate. I am indifferent, I like catching Pokemon in the real world but hate how Gyms are set up literally just tap the shit outta your screen. If it stays or dies off I don't really care.
>>
>>27820580
This is how most people see it
"OMG I LOVE IT! I FEEL LIKE A KID AGAIN!"
The people who hate it are normally around 35+ and think it's for "children"

what we will have soon are people going"I don't wanna play with that generation 2 out! They aren't real Pokemon!" It's going to happen, the game will be dropped and so on.

But, the game has been stable lately, still having GPS issues but mostly fine
>>
really really REALLY wanted to like it, but it's fucking atrocious. feels like a pre-beta
catching mechanics are dumb
no pokestops outside the city
gym sucks
drains battery like a motherfucker
made my facebook feed go from awful to unbearable

still play it though
>>
They need to start allowing you to submit new pokestops
>>
>>27821692
they did, literally google that and you will run into it.
>>
they could have made battles a bit mroe interesting, but its fun. Also >>27821692
>>
>>27821674
just filter it out with FB purity or unfollow some friends but stay friends so you don't see their shit. I basically have facts and games and science shit on my facebook.
>>
>>27820580
had potential but run by an idiotic company, will prob go down as one of the biggest blunders ever.
>>
>>27820580
It's fun to catch Pokemon while I'm out, but I'm not going to obsess over it. If I had more stops around my area I'd probably use it for daily walks and the like, but running out of balls constantly makes it something that I won't bother with too often.
If they added something like a "daily bonus" for balls I could see myself playing it far more often.
>>
>>27821741
Except it makes a fuckload of money. It's going to be around for a while.
>>
I've gotten bored enough with it that I barely play it. The novelty was tracking and catching new pokemon and visiting locations I wouldn't normally go to. When I was able to do all of those things, I had a blast, especially because I was getting out of the house with friends.

Now that there is no tracking, rarely new pokemon and going out has lost the novelty, it is a bad game (honestly, it never really wasn't a bad game, just easy to endear myself to with a lot of enjoyable hype). When they add tracking, I'll probably pull it out more, same goes for when they add Johto, but I can't see myself having as much fun as I did when it first came out, which is a shame.
>>
>>27820580
It's fun going new places with other people looking for shit, the idea has a ton of potential, though the execution is kind of half-assed at the moment. There isn't shit to do with your mons but throw them at boring gym battles for a daily welfare check, it's buggy at times, the same shit spawns over and over again and it gets kind of lame after a while. I still enjoy it for the most part, but definitely not as much as I did when I first tried it out.

>>27821648
>The people who hate it are normally around 35+ and think it's for "children"
I've seen a lot of 35+ people out playing it, shit I only tried it out because my mom got addicted to it.

>>27821973
It feels like tracking has gotten better since the last update, though. I can actually find shit now that the nearby list updates consistently and it seems that you can use the ordering of the list to determine how close you actually are to things.
>>
>>27821648
>what we will have soon are people going"I don't wanna play with that generation 2 out! They aren't real Pokemon!" It's going to happen, the game will be dropped and so on.
Nah, I think people will get bored of catching just Drowzee, Pidgey and Rattata soon enough. They’ll appreciate more Pokémon.
>>
File: pikachu_smack_pokeball.jpg (23KB, 416x446px) Image search: [Google]
pikachu_smack_pokeball.jpg
23KB, 416x446px
As someone who only has beaten original Red and stopped playing pokemon for a while during Ruby and Emerald, I somewhat enjoy Pokemon GO. The pseudo-Safari zone way to catch Pokemon is fine but I wish you could gain CP by just beating up wild Pokemon with your own Pokemon. That way you can actually train your Pokemon rather than gathering the same type of Pokemon to be sacrificial offering to Professor Willow for more Candy. Candies should have been divided per type or purchasable.

The battle system needs to be more "tactical" instead of tap faster to win. Gyms needs to be more balanced. Let's say that the "Gym Leader" Pokemon has a Snorelax in it, all the other Pokemon that team members can contribute are only normal type, and of course with a reasonable CP cap. It's really bullshit that all the gyms have the same 2000+ CP Vaporeon, Snorelax and Exeggutor combo.

So far, it's fine but really the incentive to get stronger Pokemon is just not there with all the Gyms that are controlled with the same CP level and same combo of Pokemon.
>>
It has zero gameplay. Awkwardly throwing balls at dancing mons isn't why I like this series.
>>
>>27822481
>I wish you could gain CP by just beating up wild Pokemon with your own Pokemon.
I wish this would happen, at least it would make the pidgey spam more bearable and give me a chance to use shitmons for something other than sniping gyms.
>>
>>27820580
I like it because it gives me an excuse to exercise my fat ass. Go out with the dog, walk some kilometres and catch some pokémon. Then back home and to focus on actual games.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.