[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

for srs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: bird.png (263KB, 445x561px) Image search: [Google]
bird.png
263KB, 445x561px
Hello guys. I know you are all excited by Sun/Moon, but I have come to talk about the future, because it is going to be great. I have been shown some things, really interesting by a friend connected to a developer studio, with a trusted source that works in a high place. I can't say where because it'll compromise him, but if you read the text maybe you'll get a clue whereabouts it could be from approximately, without giving anything away.

I understand that without proof you cannot believe me, but I am not in a position to be able to show proof, I was told explicitly that I cannot show you what I was shown because it is traceable, so I am relaying what was told only. I trust him so I believe him, but obviously since you don’t know him you can do what you like. So I'll just leave this info here for future speculation.

>Sun/Moon is a standalone generation. However, certain elements from S/M - namely, the ‘space’ theme and the ‘true’ origins of Solgaleo, Lunala and Marshadow - will be carried forward throughout the next few games in an overarching ‘Celestial’ story. This my friend has told me is part of Shigeru Ohmori’s ‘narrative’ for the series in terms of story, which will take a prominent role.

>Gen 8 is next, the names 'North' and 'South' have been thrown around and will likely be the finalized names.

>The games are expected to release in 2018 for Nintendo NX Portable. The earliest they can release is November 2017, but this is now unlikely due to S/M’s development taking slightly longer and more resources that should have been delegated to North/South. The games are currently in pre-production phase. This is being called the most ambitious project in Pokemon’s history.

>Game Freak has outsourced developers to help them with HD development. Their staff has grown a lot, taking on more writing/worldbuilding team, concept artists, 3D modellers and animators, in anticipation of starting main production of the games.

Continue >>>
>>
>>27815020
>The game's region will be based on China and is the biggest region in the series. Chinese language option in Sun/Moon was in preparation for this. Exploration is a big theme. Jumping and climbing mechanics are planned.

>A big theme concept is stars/astronomy and astrology, and the central story is based around a quartet of characters named Altair, Vega, Deneb and Sabik. Based on an educated guess I think the story may involve some ‘Pokemon-like’ take on the Chinese legend of Niulang (Altair) and Zhinü (Vega), also known as Tanabata in Japan.

>‘Chinese zodiac VS Western zodiac’. The Chinese Zodiac is the equivalent to Gym Leaders and the Western zodiac is the equivalent of ‘evil team’

>The games introduce something called ‘Star Align’ and ‘Star System’, which is an important mechanism.

>These will be the first games to feature voice in the series. They are still discussing how this will be implemented, but currently the idea is to do vocal ‘expressions’ and short phrases for characters, something that can be easy to translate into several languages, with full dialogue for ‘cinematic cutscenes’ still under consideration. One thing definitely set in stone is that the player will be silent like Link in Legend of Zelda. The games will also feature a prominent vocal music motif.

>The box Pokemon are based on the Four Symbols, the main two are the North and South symbols, while the East and West symbols will presumably also be in the games somewhere. Based on their designs and origin they are likely Water/Ice and Fire/Flying type respectively. Picture posted is similar to design concept of the South symbol Pokemon (to be clear, the Pokemon is NOT the picture. I searched online for ‘vermilion bird’ and this picture happens to look the closest in design, especially since the Pokemon also had some ‘armor’-like things on it from what I remember)
>>
>>27815044
Finally

>Diamond and Pearl sequels are being conceptualized alongside these games, again connected to the ‘Celestial’ story. They are expected to go into pre-production in late 2017 near the completion of ‘North’/‘South’. They are planning to release the original Diamond/Pearl/Platinum games for NX’s Virtual Console in the meantime.

That's all folks, please don't ask me questions. I only know what I posted here, no more, I have given you all I have. So what you do with this info is up to you now. Peace out
>>
Can you confirm the Lorenzo Music leak? You said GF outsourced things
>>
Will the NX games still be turn based?
>>
You're fucking retarded OP
>>
>>27815020
Ignoring the fact that this is obviously not true, if it WERE true:

This would be pretty hype. Everything sounds feasible, and everyone has wanted the four symbols as legendaries for a long time.
>>
>>27816627
yea this is why things like this frustrate me. everyone has been talking about growth and asking for change and development for ages and this north/south thing fits in more with what we want than sun/moon. this would be awesome
>>
File: 1463534923178.jpg (145KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1463534923178.jpg
145KB, 1366x768px
>Altair and Vega
Literally Bravely Second.
>East VS West
Literally Fire Emblem Fates.

Pokemon is not about to become your JRPG trash, get over it.
>>
I kinda get what you mean OP but it doesn't make too much sense. I feel like with them trying to put out the NX they wouldn't capitalize on Nostalgia with Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Plus with this "Celestial Theme" wouldn't it make more sense for them to go for Gen 4 Remakes first? Finish off "Megas"/Z-Moves/Syncro/Zygarde for real for now, and give Gen 8 the feel of Gen 5? Introduce the theme and so the transition is easier? I mean they usually do the remakes now to keep us enthralled but also like you said help give the world-builders and the like time to breath and concoct the next batch of games.

Also here's another issue: Ho-oh and Lugia. Now Gamefreak LOVES to spam the same typing for Mascot Legendaries, but those mons ARE the Vermilion Bird and Black...er Azure Turtle. Their presence, their affiliations and style suggest it at least to a lot of players. I could see them redoing it though so it's Solgaleo, Lunala, Vermilion Bird and Azure Turtle but still. Honestly Gamefreak should do a White Tiger that's Steel/Electric, and a Black/Dragon that's Dragon/Grass, just so they could have the four symbols including Lugia and Ho-oh. Then again I do also realize they were based on the Chinese Emperor and Empress and Ying/Yang but still this whole recycling old concepts is getting well old. Like the Star motif sounds cool do not get me wrong, but it also sounds their redoing Lugia and Ho-oh but "better." If they make Primal Lugia and Ho-oh with those other two as the Mascot Legendaries, heck I'd be all for it cause I know the symbology from Chinese Pseudo-History their hinting at it with it being SM/NS but still.

ALSO, the only reason I could see them doing the DP Virtual Console release is for their 10th Anniversary, but it would make more sense to pump out the remakes for next year like XY to ORAS with whatever Sinnoh Forms they can have, and save those for the 20th anniversary cause come then kinda be like "uhhhh what do we do for this ?"
>>
PS Ho-oh and Lugia are technically like the Four Symbols, or the South and North/East respectively. It just makes sense for Lugia to be Psychic/Flying (well really Water/Flying but sill) cause he uses a moon-like natural gravity (aka ESP) to move the tides. And since he's an awkward mix of Dragon/Frog/Turtle/Snake (as a snake-turtle hybrid is the North Symbol) it's just them doing an amazing game where it's the East and West symbol as a Levitating Electric/Steel flying bulky Tiger and special attacking Dragon/Grass version of Ho-Oh that's like thorn covered and like a beautiful flower that's about to annihlate you. You could even have Arceus tied in (which also makes me want them to do such a game but after DP remakes that foreshadow it) since he's based on the Qilin. In fact you could do Zygarde AND Arceus. And even for all we know SM is gonna be like that with it being Solgaleo and Lunala instead (a Lion not Tiger, and Bat not Dragon, which sucks but look at how akward Lugia fits in if they did take inspiration from the Four Symbols).
>>
>>27816917
>>27817045
In what world is Lugia a turtle, much less a representative of the Black Turtle? It's based on Shinto mythology - the Ryuujin, AKA an actual ocean dragon, not Chinese mythology. Same with Ho-oh, it is literally Houou, the Japanese phoenix, which is Fenghuang, a completely different Chinese legend. There are parallels, sure, but you can't sit there and tell me Lugia is meant to be a turtle.
>>
First of all, pointed that out already :P, second of all, Ryuujin was based on the Ao Dragon Kings of older Chinese Lore. Even then Turtles in Japanese Lore/Folktales are constantly tied with Ryuujin, his family (Orihime) and his palace. Also keep in mind the Dragon of the East, despite it being Azure, despite most Dragons in the Far East being associated with Water, is associated with Wood. By extension you could argue it's related to water indirectly but you have the issue of the Black Turtle-Snake of the North being tied to Water already. While Lugia isn't a traditional Turtle it's not exactly a Dragon cause it's waaaay too avian; it's not exactly a frog but could be given it's amphibious. You see my point, it's this akward puzzle piece but think of it like this: It has a long neck, kinda if you will like how a snake has a long body in general. It has a bulkier build as seen with its Stats, and wise beyond years, and also very connected in water. My whole point was you could argue we already have Pokemon paralleling the North/South Symbols or standing in from them already. Similiar example: Rayquaza was meant to be a Griffon like beast that blocked out the Sun. Yet it's more Dragon/Reptilian than Griffon/Avian, and more Green than Yellow like Medieval art has for Ziz.

Just because a Pokemon isn't a 1:1 Ratio to its Myth (cause god forbid the XYZ legends are screaming syncretism like crazy) doesn't mean Pokemon can't imply it is. I mean there is a reason why Lugia is called the Great Wall for a Reason, and while it does even hint at Ryuugin/the Ao Dragon Kings with it's White/Blue and Shiny Coral Themes doesn't meant it can't be a hybrid between that and well the Black Turtle.

And with that why can't Ho-oh stand in for both? Vermillion does mean orangy-red, and he/she also has rule over the skies, but then represents Fire. That's what I mean Pokemon does it's best to adapt and evolve myths and legends to fit what themes they want for their games.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.