[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

May is the most overrated Pokegirl of all time. Both RSE and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: .png (481KB, 818x578px) Image search: [Google]
.png
481KB, 818x578px
May is the most overrated Pokegirl of all time. Both RSE and ORAS.

I blame the popularity of Hoenn. Nothing wrong with the region or the games themselves, but they're the most popular games among those who still follow Pokémon. This much worship over a girl who has no redeeming qualities and is mediocre at best is uncalled for.
>>
>>27814437
>Hoenn
>Popular
Pick one.
>>
>>27814536
Yeah, HOENN CONFIRMED wasn't that big of a meme before ORAS came out. It was only on everything fucking thread on /vp/.
>>
>>27814536
Like it or not, it's the most popular generation aside from gen 1. Who the fuck hasn't emulated Emerald?
>>
File: smugsemendemon_0.jpg (336KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
smugsemendemon_0.jpg
336KB, 900x900px
>>27814437
>bike shorts
>tits
>subject of an infinite supply of lewd art
>people were in the masturbating part of puberty

Not really a mystery.
>>
>>27814628
>Gen III
>Popular
Nope.
>>
File: tumblr_n0eiy8qFHP1qf3buxo1_1280.jpg (205KB, 388x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0eiy8qFHP1qf3buxo1_1280.jpg
205KB, 388x768px
>>27814647
But Hilda does the first two, but better, and has the bonus of not having stupid fucking hair like May does.

You'd think people would mature since being a child/young adult.

>>27814839
You're in denial. It's always been the most popular ROM and there's an endless supply of ROMhacks for it.

You might not like it, but there wouldn't have been remakes if it wasn't popular. Gen 1 and 2 actually had remakes because you couldn't get the Pokémon in them otherwise - Hoenn had no reason for a remake except it's extremely popular.
>>
>>27814990
>Thinking Romhacks count
I was talking at release it wasn't and still isn't that popular.
>>
File: images.jpg (30KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
30KB, 300x450px
>>27815043
Popularity on release doesn't mean anything. I suppose the Shawshank Redemption isn't popular? I suppose van Gogh isn't popular?

The point of bringing up ROMs and ROMhacks was to show its longevity. People are still playing fucking Half Life thanks to mods because people like Half Life. It doesn't fucking matter if you don't like Hoenn, it is objectively the most popular and well-received generation among Pokémon fans.

No, genwunners who like the first generation but don't play the games don't count as active Pokémon fans.
>>
>>27814628
>Like it or not, it's the most popular generation aside from gen 1
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
Gens 1, 2, and 4 all sold more.
>>
>>27814990
>hoenn had no reason for a remake except it's extremely popular
Getting a DS is getting increasingly harder but I agree that guy is wrong. Hoennfags were incredibly vocal until ORAS came around and shut them up.
>>
>>27814605
You should keep in mind that there were plenty of posters who didn't actually care about Hoenn and were just memeing.
>>
>>27815163
Eh you measure popularity your way I measure it mine.
>>
>>27815594
Some people like me buy based on hype. I don't think Gen 4 wouldn't have sold as much if it wasn't for the Hoenn games.
>>
>>27814605
that was falseflagging and /vp/ fell for it.

>>27814628
After Gen 1, Gen 2 is the most popular, unless you're counting fans only and even then I doubt it's the second.
>>
>>27814437
I agree honestly.

But I also find Poke girl threads to be cringey in general so oh well
>>
>>27815163
>genwunners who like the first generation but don't play the games don't count as active Pokémon fans.
They don't count as fans period. In order to be a fan of something, you have to like it.
>>
Honestly, I just think it waa because she's in the anime and wasn't written like shit like Iris. Being in both the games and the anime will boost a pokegirl's popularity.
>>
>>27815913
They're among the less cringy stuff on /vp/ though
>>
>>27815811
Why then would sales decrease going from GSC to RSE? You have no actual proof to back up that Hoenn contributed to DPP's success just a theory based on your own bias.
>>
>>27815916
I know, but some smart-ass would just mention the original Pokemania hype otherwise.

>>27815594
>>27815163

>>27815888
The majority of gen 2 fans are basically nostalgiafags. There was never a following for the game like RSE had/still has.
>>
Nope that's Serena
>>
>>27816007
>The majority of gen 2 fans are basically nostalgiafags.
What does that make RSE? GS is only 3 years older than RS. They're both pretty old by now.

>There was never a following for the game like RSE had/still has.
GSC outsold RSE. And then later, HGSS outsold ORAS. So gen II still had the larger fanbase.
>>
>>27816007
A lot of RSEfags are nostalgiafags now, too, shilling their love of their shitty games everywhere. So? "Pearl when I was 8" is a real thing now, too. So is "I'm 13, I love BW."

ORAS is the same thing but better, FRLG were the better pair of games in the same generation of RSE.

Gold and Silver were the last pair of games to come out before PokeMania died down. It probably had even more hype since it fucking got press when the First Movie released.

I can't remember seeing many kids play R/S in 2002-2003 except for the ultra nerdy kids like me.
>>
>>27816327
The original R/S games still sold more than 10 million copies. Obviously millions of kids/teens were playing in the early 2000's
>>
>>27814647
>>people were in the masturbating part of puberty
Really, this. May has a good design, but this is what cements her place. A massive chunk of pokemon fans hit puberty right when May showed up.
>>
>>27814437
>I blame the popularity of Hoenn. Nothing wrong with the region or the games themselves, but they're the most popular games among those who still follow Pokémon
No.

You are thinking of Unova or Johto.
>>
>>27814605
>Yeah, HOENN CONFIRMED wasn't that big of a meme before ORAS came out. It was only on everything fucking thread on /vp/.
It was a joke. We all posted it to make fun of thirsty hoennbabies and autistic ADHD kids on Serebii, not because we actually wanted ORAS.

This is how I know meme magic is real, though: because GF didn't get the joke and remade the most homogeneous region rather faithfully.
>>
>>27818034
>Unova
Unova isn't popular outside /vp/. And I myself here loved gen 5 so am not talking for hate on it.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.